>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Guide for the Recently Started and People Who Haven't Been Back Since Before One Tamriel]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Greetings fellow esogians

Second for sub 300cp shitters stop queuing for vet dungeons

This, as a tank I cannot handle getting shitty DDs. Luckily today I got a very good group for pledges.

tfw didn't win the pvp campaign and didn't reach tier 3 end of campaign rewards on my alt but still got 50 transmute crystals

i wish i had a pretty guar
and a house

a house to house my pretty guar

Anti-Team-Fortress-2-bump

So I'm new, and I've been thinking of what to play.
Is dunmer dk vamp any good?
I'd like to play it in pvp too.

yes it is very good

Yeah it's pretty good in small scale and duels if you tune your build correctly.

[Bolt of the Numidium]

Live

cwc was gay

Any leveling tips for magblade

what are the chances that elder scroll's online is coming out for the nintendo switch?

With passives that increase Healing Done, does it affect you when you heal yourself, or only healing others?

awesome

also what weapon should I use for dunmer dk vamp?
should I use destro staff,1h/s, or both?

It affects your self heals and healing to others

How does gear work in PvP in this game? Does gear effect ir or is it like WoW/FF where it doesn't do shit and I might as well ignore PvE content?

Gear helps a lot. Player skill helps a lot-er

Alright I hope I don't shit up the thread but from what I've seen from lurking, you guys seem to be reasonably noob friendly.
I recently started an Oblivion playthrough which really opened my eyes: I need new TES content. I haven't paid TESO a second thought until now but maybe I want to try it. I do have a few questions.

1) Is the community toxic or are the people in game nice to noobs?
2) Is this a good starter game for someone who never played MMOs until now?
3) Is it possible to play the relevant quest content solo?
4) Do you miss much by not playing with others?
5) If I do have to play with others, is it at least possible to find pther players quickly?
6) How well is the game populated?
7) Do you think this game may live long enough to eventually fill all of Tamriel?
8) Is the world seamless or are there loading screens between zones? If yes, is there a chance that the game world will become seamless in the future?
9) How big is the scale compared to the single player titles, is TESO's Vvardenfell as big as Morrowind's?
10) How pricy is it to get every DLC?

I hope this isn't too luch, thanks in advance lads.

>Is the community toxic or are the people in game nice to noobs?
There is always toxicity in every mmo community, ESO's community is more friendly though
>Is this a good starter game for someone who never played MMOs until now?
Wouldn't know myself, but this game is really forgiving and gives alot of leeway towards new players
>Is it possible to play the relevant quest content solo?
Absolutely, you can solo mosts quests in regards towards the story. Dungeon/trial quests are another story
>Do you miss much by not playing with others?
Not much since you can buy overland sets/crafted sets to start out gear but you'd definitely want to do group play for better gear
>If I do have to play with others, is it at least possible to find pther players quickly?
LFG for daily pledges are pretty quick, otherwise spam in zone if you're up for different dungeons/trials or find a pve guild
>How well is the game populated?
Game has a lot of people in it, but not as much when morrowind launched
>Do you think this game may live long enough to eventually fill all of Tamriel?
We just don't know
>Is the world seamless or are there loading screens between zones? If yes, is there a chance that the game world will become seamless in the future?
ESO probably won't be a seamless game since its so big. Hopefully loading screens become faster to transition through
>How big is the scale compared to the single player titles, is TESO's Vvardenfell as big as Morrowind's?
There's a lot of content so i can't measure how much there is in terms of other TES titles, the main storyline of eso is roughly as long as skyrim if not more.
>How pricey is it to get every DLC?
It's 4k crowns for guilds and glory which is most of the dlc up in SotH i believe . Just get ESO plus for all the DLC so long as you maintain it

KILL
don't get killed

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Definitely sounds like I'll get the game once there are a few more zones to play in. I wish I could ask this in the main general for more replies but alas they're busy with waifu autism

Reminder that PC NA will be running a trial @ 6pm EST Sunday.

BRING YOUR FUCKING A GAME LADS

What changes did stamblades get in the last few updates/expansions that helped them in pvp? I find them to be ruining my shit far more effectively than they used to.

We have a home page?

he means the page when you press G in game and select tesog

>1) Is the community toxic or are the people in game nice to noobs?
Overall it's pretty friendly. However "PvP players" are generally toxic and people in guilds doing veteran level trials generally have Asperger.
>2) Is this a good starter game for someone who never played MMOs until now?
Yes.
>3) Is it possible to play the relevant quest content solo?
Yes, 99.9% of the game can be done solo if you wish, and the parts that can't can be experienced by joining /tesog/
>4) Do you miss much by not playing with others?
The game is big enough that I spend the one and a half year not bothering with any of the multiplayer content. Majority of the stuff can be done solo, even if some parts are harder than other.
>5) If I do have to play with others, is it at least possible to find pther players quickly?
Generally, yea. If you're a tank you'll find people pretty much instantly.
>6) How well is the game populated?
Depends on what you compare it to. Over 10 million copies sold. A bit over 1 million active players (people playing at any point during the last 14 days).
>7) Do you think this game may live long enough to eventually fill all of Tamriel?
That's what they aim at. Probably, but something could always happen.
>8) Is the world seamless or are there loading screens between zones? If yes, is there a chance that the game world will become seamless in the future?
Loading screens.
>9) How big is the scale compared to the single player titles, is TESO's Vvardenfell as big as Morrowind's?
Vvardenfall's landmass is as big as it was in Morrowind, however you're faster and everything is scaled to fit an MMO and the camera so it feels smaller. Compare it to the Imperial City, that feels just the right size but is bigger than it was in Oblivion.
>10) How pricy is it to get every DLC?
Not very. They're all included if you subscribe. Orsinium is also on sale, I really recommend it if you don't want to subscribe. If you want to buy any of them, get Orsinium.

I wonder if summerset isles will introduce a weapon to surpass maelstrom.

depends on whether you're going stamina or magicka. generally speaking, hybrids are gimped unless they're tanks. so, being a DK and assuming non-tank, do you wanna be an in-your-face fire mage (magicka, destruction staves) or a searing spellblade (stamina, dw/2h/bow for ranged bullshit/maybe 1h+shield if you're intent on having one)? note that you can only switch (in combat) between two bars, each with its own weapon(s) -- once you hit 15. further on-keypress (and out of combat) bar/equipment swapping is possible with addons, assuming you're on PC.

>a few more zones to play in
there are quite a few, now, lad, especially counting DLC

Guys a have a question about tanking builds. I saw some NB tank build on Deltia's site, even though I'm not sure if it's up todate. But then I heard Woeler is the man for tanking and Woeler doesn't even mention NB tanking, so is NB tanking even viable?

I want that goddamn title. I don't care if this is the fucking 8th time we wiped, or the 18th time we wiped. That title is going to be fucking mine today.

>own humblemud
>own sleek creek
>own gardner
>but that autumn's gate comfiness and the little house in fell run tho
O-oh god, I'm so tired of farming those nodes

Viable for what? Veteran dungeons? PvP? World record trial scores?

Didn't get buffed, everyone else got nerfed. The majority of players are NB so they're the first ones to bitch if something happens to them.

Destro for PvE, sometimes PvP, 1h/s for PvP.

anyone else drop their destro on story bosses

Just Pve like dungeons and trials, viable for clearing it consistently. Anyway, I found more info on Tamriel foundry and it looks like NB is only off tanking in veteran dungeons, can't mt because of a lack of crowd control.

well, probably magicka since it has a lot of synergy with vamp+dunmer.
IDK what to use with my second weapon then, either another destro staff or a restro staff I guess

on an unrelated note, does anyone know if they'll ever re-release the telvanni house to be able to be bought again?
I'd sure hate to think it's exclusive like how they have MTXs in PoE.

Do you happen to know whether Zenimax Online mentioned expanding to Daedric Realms and other continents?

if i were them, i'd re-release things like that on a two-year "cooldown." maybe longer but definitely not shorter

I really can't make a decision what I play, like always. Played at release for 3-4 month and level up a NB bosmer (120cp). I never enjoyed the fucking tree capital and this hole dominion theme. Meanwhile I fall in love with the dunmer theme, so I want to roll a new character.

My options;
Sorcerer stamina, heavy armor, melee (two handed)
Warden/NB stamina, bow/melee
Templar heavy armor, healer, focus on PvP

I heard DK sorcerer is fun but I really don't enjoy playing it with a lvl 10 twink.

Played Holy Paladin, Hunter and Rogue, 50/50 PvP&PvE.

I forget a question, is there a available way to play a dot/poison melee class like the assassination rogue or the nobushi in for honor?

no one knows, concerning continents. we have Coldharbour already. more daedric realms are probably coming. we have no idea how many -- people thought, a while back, that we'd get... seven more, i think, but then CWC took up one of those "slots." of course, they could always just rearrange the aurbis-level map.

fun fact: CWC's ring still says "THE DREAD OBLIVION REALM OF MOLAG BAL COLDHARBOUR" in Daedric. silly bastards thought we wouldn't notice

i play a stamina nightblade that way, or as close as i can. dual wield on one bar, bow on the other (with two of the bow abilities (one being a morph) applying poison DoTs). champion points buffing poison damage. crafted (Alchemy) poisons can have an absolutely massive range of effects and combinations thereof. poisons have charges like they used to in WoW -- well, close. each charge is an individual item and they stack high.

as far as how viable this is in groups, i really don't know. this guy was always purely for soloing.

keep thinking about crafting a set of gear that could give my poisons a near-100% uptime but i'm a jew with my mats. and everything else. i'm just a fucking jew. blog over, money to make

Is there a way to tell if you've already put a glyph on an armor piece? I'm in the process of golding out my gear and forgot which pieces I used kutas on.

They say stam NB is not good for noobs because it's the most difficult class to play.

look at the piece of gear, look at the gold glyph in question. if it's got the gold glyph's enchantment value (in a big slot) or about 40% of it (in a little slot) then that's the enchant that's on it

they do say this. i agree, but that's what i started with, so

I'm still very much a noob. Started a NB tank because I was so stupid that I didn't notice Deltia's builds were severely out of date. Now I need to restart. DK tanks seem pretty braindead, especially if you're an Argonian. I don't know, I'm currently in a dilemma between a magnb and magdk.

Apocrypha, Soul Cairn and Shivering Isles will be coming for sure. It's top tier nostalgia bait, they won't let the opportunity to pick up TES veterans pass

People who don't know the mechanics or keep dying can fuck themselves with a rake Jesus fucking Christ

Why do I feel this is somehow referring to me?

Is it even possible to make a Breton that doesn't look cross eyed?

Today is Falkreath Hold, so it's aimed towards the majority of players queuing for the veteran version.

Oh lol I'm not even close to attempting that
But I'm sure I made plenty people mad by fucking up

how do i apply changes to the ui for all my characters at once? Gets pretty fucking annoying having to manually change everything everytime theres a small patch

ive got 4000 crowns from a sale. Should I buy imperial city, clockwork city, or horns of the reach?

clockwork city, definitely. IC is a dead zone but the ICP and WGT have good loot, but I'd only get it as part of the 4-pack that goes for 5500 which includes IC, Orsinium, TG and DB.

>Want the Dro-M'athra skin
>Can't get any guild members to get together and form a progression group
>The few people offering carries in zone chat every now and then seem like scammers
Console is painful.

Thanks, I will give my NB a try before leveling a new class.

Live

Is the xbone version of this game any good? Played WoW years ago but haven't been playing games as much anymore but wanted to try this game with my wife on the xbox if it's any good. Requires an active subscription I assume and it's probably not cross-platform compatible?

sub isn't required unless you craft, then you just want to kill yourself until you resub. dunno about xbone specifics, I play PC.

>Is the xbone version of this game any good?
sounds alright, save for lack of addons, naturally, and the fact that you'd be actually playing a video game on a console, which i don't personally recommend
>Played WoW years ago but haven't been playing games as much anymore but wanted to try this game with my wife on the xbox if it's any good.
aww
>Requires an active subscription I assume
no, the sub is optional. see, OP, this is why we use the followup post now. i'll post that after this.
>and it's probably not cross-platform compatible?
that is correct, sadly. the game is also divided into two regions, NA and EU. seems to me that at least all console players in the same region should be able to play together, but i assume that's just MS and Sony being fags

as an added bonus, you peasants DO get local voice chat with proximity-based volume and everything. i'm actually pretty jealous of this

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to subscribe, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subbing right out of the gate. Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), cash shop currency upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you REALLY wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not the same as WoW's), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation (apparently people are having to download the game twice, and it's gigantic already) and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. Maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

Just started playing and am wanting to focus on PVP as I always do in MMOs. I want to play a shield/1h tanky healer. Is this viable or should I find some other class? I rolled a templar. Thinking of a healing staff as my 2nd weapon

>as an added bonus, you peasants DO get local voice chat with proximity-based volume and everything. i'm actually pretty jealous of this
>Bonus
No nigga, it's not a bonus hearing random slobs blaring their rap or techno in the mic at Mournhold/Belkarth.

ye 1h/shield and resoto is pretty standard tanky healer templar pvp build

Sounds good.

Who does this best describe?

Wrobel desu

Tiber Septim

it's only a scam if you pay them before the run happens

That's how they all do it, so I guess they're all scamming.

xbox is comfy but it also comes with the xbox community soo

Not sure about Xbox, but I play with a controller and it plays really well with one. So there's that.

emergency shitter bump

Where is NA?
hello?
team?

I love the smell of dead reds in the morning.

MagNB can tank effectively in Vet DLC's, you just have to know what you're doing. You have CC options with destruction staff skills (crushing shock, frost blockade), aspect of terror has niche uses, lotus fan is good mobility and locking down one melee fighter fast, shadow image is more cost-effective than talons for single target maim. Swarm mother, the monster helm, is an excellent replacement for chain. Pirate Visage paired with templar's Purify boosts your survivability through the roof. The possibilities are endless, you just have to know how to utilize them. Also, in dungeons everyone is desperate for tanks, you won't get booted for your class.

Sometimes I wonder if EP are the baddies since we're the unstoppable juggernaut that wins all the time against the poorly equipped rebel scum.

PC NA trial run happening in 1 hour now???

Foskl

okay, yeah, that part's not cool

Should I go vamp or warewolf for my tanky healer? Leaning towards warewolf just because I think it's cooler. I just have to get someone in game to bite me right?

vamp would give you actual benefits suited to your role

plus, if you're a warewolf, you have to decide between being a softwarewolf or a hardwarewolf

>be me small scaling with a couple of friends at the sejanus bridge
>Just me and another friend left
>Taking on the AD horde that follows us below the bridge to LoS and knock off into the water
>Friend dies
>Sperg out and accidently streak across the way, but fall into the water unable to get out
>Die
>4-5 ad followed me sharing the same fate
>Friend is laughing at the amount of ad killed
Anybody else have autistic moments like these that turn out pretty laughable in the end?

Get on cunts so we can do a trial

Should I reroll my stamina DK as a Redguard instead of Khajiit? I just used UESP's stat calculator to see the difference and with the build I'm going for the difference in stats is that as a Redguard I'd get a bit over 4k more stamina (from about 44k to 48k). Keep in mind this is for pvp.

NA PC DOING nAA GET THE FUCK ON IF YOU WANT TO JOIN

only if you let me tank with my ice staff

definitely redguard if you're planning to pvp

Would you say that Khajiit is better for pve?

b-but i havent done the normal one. i just subbed yesterday