Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (complete): a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

Post Zodiass.

Chloe is amazing.

>no squeegee

Don't lewd.

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad!

tfw 6th stratum

I wanna change my team kinda but I've used the same one the whole game not even resting, it feels like I gotta finish with what I got or at least try but i want to try pugilist kinda too

maybe i should restart the game

>no /sqg/

this is now a ricky thread

too slow shitposter

>no /sqg/
ded thread

Thread's just started and we're already image dumping. That's depressing.

At least it's not Teach

>He fell for the meme that Sanzu kills your own team
>He fell for the meme that 4Kats require a Dragoon
>He fell for the meme that Chain Killer was bad
>He fell for the meme that Lure was bad
>He fell for the meme that Deathguard was bad
>He fell for the meme that Buster Cannon was the only thing a Dragoon could do
>He fell for the meme that Warlock was bad
>He fell for the meme that Necromancer was just for Zombie Powder

>he fell for ephememeral

I don't know why people use Ephemeral on Deathguard. Like, when do you even find the time to cast it when you have three different Miasmas, Atonement/Miasma Wall, and Ruinous Prayer to cast?

stifling and eroding last 6 turns each, and i got no use for wilting so I use a different defense debuff for the third slot from a different character

i dont use ephemeral either but my harbinger regularly spends multiple turns using items or trying to apply an oil so he can actually proc a chain

Why are you talking as if an ephemeral party is only gonna have a deathguard to cast debuffs? My party pops ephemeral every other turn because I have a dragoon and an omnimancer warlock to help get as many debuffs off as often as possible. Ruinous prayer and overexertion goes off on the very first turn of a fight. You only cast atonement/miasma wall when you need to play more defensively.

there's a half decent build that just involves a rover, 1kat, and warlock inflicting their debuffs every turn after Ephemeral Reap goes off
It's not completely terrible since the matk debuff and the 1kat's atk debuff will usually still be in effect when the target moves and you can pull off like 12k per turn on the fifth stratum boss in the low 60s starting from turn 2 and never slowing down

Powersaves when.

>party pops ephemeral every other turn
you're using the skill wrong and playing wrong

*blocks your path*

Honestly, the main value I see in it as bonus damage just before it's time to rebuff. The main value in a Deathguard is the debuffs, and Ephemeral Reap doesn't play nice with those. So if you're running it for damage, it's just straight worse than any of the core damage classes, and if you're not, then you don't want to be using it more than once every 6 turns.

>I have no use for Wilting
>Using oil so he can proc a chain
???

>Ephemeral Reap party
I don't understand why you'd use this instead of Chain Killer.

You're playing EO2 when this guy walks up and blindsights your Etriam's ass. What do?

i know it's wrong but deliberately using shit wrong and playing on the edge is what makes EOV unique and fun for me though. I'd take this over a cookie-cutter party anyday.

Because they like Harbinger portraits more than they like better damage and Fenecer portraits.

>make harb
>reclass into fencer
>get good portrait and not shit damage

shut off the game and go cry on /sqg/

Low TEC post

low dicky post

Playing suboptimally because of personal preference is absolutely fine. I'm just annoyed about people claiming Ephemeral Reap is good. It's an okay skill, but Deathguard doesn't have supporting passives to compensate for the drawbacks and support required of it, which is why it's only okay despite hitting for 2100%.

>Not reclassing from Therian

>getting annoyed because of a meme
>not thinking most of those people were probably being ironic

>He's so naive that he thinks that Ephemeral posters are only ironically retarded

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, and someone should protect the other, more innocent retards from misinformation.

>investing in passives

With EO5 returning to the foundations in many wayo, do you think EO6 will follow in its wake and have characters age and lose stats on level up?

>start III
>excited for stratum 6
>it's even easier than forbidden wood
>reach abyssal god
>shitfest of a boss, doing it "fairly" means praying he gets the fuck out of defense stance
sad!

>Not getting Chain Double, Chain Boost, Peerless Demon, Reblossom, Gun Revenge, etc...

>hating abyssal
back to SA

No because EO devs are against shit mechanics

Any tips on beating the Star Devourer? I can get this fucker down to half but I just get so overwhelmed by all the regenerating parts and shit, it seems impossible. I'm sure my party just is not fit to deal with it, so what classes/skills/strategies should I be using to beat this thing?

Is it bad of me that I turtled for 40 turns until Abyssal goes permanently offensive and then went full tilt on him? I kept trying to do it legit, but he'd swap into defensive in the middle of my turn and counter my fucking face off.

Well, what classes/titles are you using right now? The main thing, I'd say, is that non-Fencer ailment/bind parties will have a rough time because of all the setup you have to do on the constantly regenerating body parts. Chain Killer, by comparison, is happy, because it prefers the target not to have anything on it yet, whereas Leading Blow, Smoke Bomb, and Frigid Reap do.

>Pugi/Masurao/Necro/???/Shaman
That's unironically a good team composition. Three offensive buffs, two debuffs, access to binds, passive heals... depending on specs, of course.

>ugilist

does anyone know why the EOV cia doesn't read the DLC cia? both are EUR/AUS version

The party I used throughout the game was blade master/barrage brawler/divine herald/hunting hound/elemancer, which did not fare well at all against all the different parts and all the set-up. I tried respeccing barrage to impact and hunting hound to the hawk but I still had trouble, since it still felt like a lot of my damage needed set-up and constant buffs. The shaman specifically feels completely useless in the fight besides providing passive healing, and often not enough.

>going 4kat in stratum 3
>eating through FOEs
While this is nice and all, its hard to feel comfortable walking around with this glass cannon, especially when overexertion comes into the picture. How is 1kat compared to 4kat?

Less damage
Better everything else

pls help

well i got a barrage pugi so maybe running 1kat and building into triple strike might be good. It can also help in setting up high ground and armor pierce into overexertion+prep artillery into buster cannon. It is hard to justify my 4kat using his first two turns to armor pirece and high ground. Then again, 4 tp cost 480% damage is hard to pass up

Pfahahah, your post-change party is exactly what I used. Yeah, it's tough, but manageable. The Shaman can get plenty of use, depending on what exactly you want to do with him: you can grab the Herbalist racial and pop Somas for more healing; you can give him the best staff and have him use a fuckload of TP spamming its skill for some bonus damage and activating Common Magic for the Elemancer; you can spam Dance Oracle to help your Elemancer and maybe your Rover or Masuro/Pugilist, depending on element and if you use those skills that turn.

My Masuro did a lot of Foot Sweeping to do decent line damage and tell that evasion boost to fuck right off. The occasional Armor Pierce and High Ground to help with damage. Helm Splitter when there wasn't really anything else to do and my target already had Foot Sweep on it.

Elemancer basically buffs Amplifier and spams a maxed element of your choice. Once in a blue moon you'll kill everything and the hawk will head bind the core and he'll try to summon a head element but fail, and then you'll actually get to Focus Chant the core. But otherwise, you're nuking the field.

Hawk Rover was some of my main core damage, because Sky Dive only needs one out of every three turns. Unless you desperately need something done, like killing a piece to delay Full Burst, or rezzing/healing someone, you should ALWAYS Sky Dive the core when possible. Other than that, I mostly Target Arrow'd the core, and Power Shot things.

Pugilist used Thunder Fist when HP was high, Titan Killer when it was low, Soul Crusher when he needed HP or to contribute AoE. You can use Heavenly Aid with the Shaman popping a Medica IV, and can do so at the start of the fight by using damage panels to drop the Pug's HP (combine with Dance Oracle for a silly high-damage Thunder Fist). Get a point in Breather for clearing binds/ailments.

Then just tough it out for execution.

1kat masurao is like the most average character you can have

well thats not totally accurate its overall very powerful, its more like its above average at everything, it does very solid personal damage, offers a combo of one of the best attack buffs with high ground and one of the best debufffs with armor pierce which add up to a huge amount of extra damage, spirit sword is tied with harbinger for the most effective offense debuff on enemies (and it doesnt even take a debuff slot) with the caveat that you need to attack the enemy before you each turn

they also get the heaviest armor making them one of the tankier characters you can add to a team as well

for utility they possess decent aoe, a debuff to foes evasion intended to setup their own helm splitter but also works for any lower accuracy allied attacks like million arrows, a mixed elemental attack for situations where thatd be useful (though helm splitter ignores resistance so you can always use it too) and even a gimmicky bind skill you probably should not rely on

they also got an effective counter attack that you can make use of if you can somehow know or gurantee they'll be targeted

they're also probably the best melee for working with petrify which is a very powerful ailment with a rough downside that any team would do well to add to their arsenal if they can mitigate its weaknesses

>best melee for working with petrify
I disagree, as both Chain Fencers and Hell Slash 4Kats do better elemental damage as long as you build for it (or, in the 4Kat's case, buy Oils).

Or have a shaman buff them

Aye. In my head, having a Shaman is part of the party build. Whereas you can go out and farm oils whenever you feel like it, even if you didn't originally build your party to use them.

For Chain Killer setups how vital is the Black Mist setup on the turn you fire all cylinders? Wilting Miasma is pretty effective once you get it to L10.

>with the caveat that you need to attack the enemy before you each turn
This would be true if it wasn't untrue.

The game explicitly says that Spirit Sword ignores turn order.

Oils are probably the most convenient consumable in the whole game all you need is the acorn guys from floor 1

I have like 78 available to buy without ever farming it on purpose

What skills should i pump for cannon bearer instead of buster cannon related ones? Rapid seems nice and cheap to spam at lvl 4 to replace the normal attack. Is it decent at max level or too expensive for its cost?

the game also explicitly says smokeblight weakens enemies effected by ailments when it has no interaction with ailments whatsoever

if spirit sword actually works regardless of speed though thats real nice

Smokeblight's effects are stronger if the enemy has a smoke debuff.

yes, but it says specifically ailments, not the smoke debuff

My intuition says yes, for bosses who resist a bind or all of the ailments you can apply.

*gently pets her head*

i wonder if multiple spirit swords stack since it doesnt use an actual debuff slot

I only tested it very shortly - but to me it looked like it would actually increase the defence of the Masurao themselves, not lower the attack of the enemy.
Everyone else was taking the same damage when my Masurao attacked compared to when she was only using High Ground. Just my sword bunny herself took less.

this sounds like the kind of backwards thing Etrian Odyssey would do, much like how defense debuffs do not influence defense whatsoever

Jesus christ. It makes thematic sense, but what a useless skill.

Other neat facts include that Smokebomb requires an ailment, but does not require a debuff.

It's what makes bunny 1kats stay alive. Even with heavy armor their missing natural bulk makes them take a lot of damage.
Especially when it comes to elemental attacks which I'm pretty sure Spirit Sword also weakens.

>Very nearly took a Masurao for my damage mitigation instead of a Harbinger based on this skill but decided not to cause I wasn't sure id be able to proc it since I thought it required hitting first

Imagine the untold suffering, i never would've been able to get through this game without stifling miasma making it possible to survive all the horrible party wipe stuff

>Actually using Stifling Miasma ever
What the fuck.

I thought Smokebomb needed both and even removed a debuff?

20% less damage taken is huge, my celestrian had no trouble surviving sky dive, burning miasma, explode or any of the other many horrifying nukes the game likes to throw at you due to it

>needing damage mitigation

Right, but you could also use any of the mitigation abilities that aren't fucking awful.

ded

Ricky

I woulda called the Brounie, "Thighs"

*blocks attacks for you*

Why is the bread so sleepy?