/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Previous link in the endless chain: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/e1Y2Q
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What would you want to see in a sequel, /ddg/?

Lesbians

A large map with suitable enemy veriety and more abilities for every vocation, and the ability to change weapons faster

More flashy attacks for the red classes. I don't care if it incorporates a bit of magic, I want to feel like slave knight gael or berserker armor guts

Romances to actually work for through multiple interactions and missions.

i'll settle for actually getting the sequel

Sounds overly ambitious.

If i'm going to be a bow assassin what are some important augments I should get besides the strength augments from fighter/warrior?

Damping from Strider, Trajectory and Precision from Ranger

The physical equivalent of Sorcerer's Conservation from Warrior, and maybe Stability from Ranger if you don't want to have to re-nock every time a dragonkin farts.

Bow assassin isn't worth it, not that it matters that Ranger and even strider do it better, they're in general more fun to play with a bow focus. Unless you're really going for the sword and bow thing.

Anyways, besides the two strength augments from warrior and fighter, probably the one skill from Warrior that boosts your core skills as well. The physical resistance ones might be more it too, from warrior if you only have enough slots for one. Nab the sorcerer magic res too, you don't even need to level the vocation to get it.

Thanks fellas
You too. I'm going Assassin because that's just what I want. I don't need the best of the best.

No worries my dude, I went through the entire 200 levels as warrior in this last playthrough because I love fuckhuge swords. I was more meant that the two pure yellows have more bow related skills.

But have fun. It's too bad Dark Arisen gimped Assassin solo skills, shit was hilariously broken in original Dragons Dogma.

Are you going to be using special arrows to inflict debilitations?
If you are, Morbidity is a must. Don't bother with petrifying arrows in BBI, though. You'll be dumping tens of them to get anything done.
Sleep are great for Elder Ogres though.

If you don't really care about doing damage, then use a 3 star Rusted Bow, being able to torpor and poison multiple enemies at once is pretty fun.

Oh I see. I've seen some cool stuff on youtube with strider bow stuff though, you're not wrong about that.
I might, sleep arrows were cool.
Yeah I've seen stuff about that, i'll totally try it out.

>200 levels as warrior
wew
I dabbled with warrior a bit. For me it gets fun the moment you get escape slash. Probably my favorite move, even over things like Arc.

I am going full warrior too and I am loking everything except the no distance attacks thing.
Good thing mods fix it.
Not even going for full broken char, I just want something to hit at unreacheable stuff.
>Like Warhammers
>Grigori warhammer is his head on a stick
Fuck

>mods fix it
Mind giving us some details?

A beefed up warrior vocation would be nice.

Multiple saves/character slots.

ELVES

imgur.com/a/e1Y2Q

Finally, a warrior that does not suffer against flying shits.
Only gave him threefold arrow as to not make it cheating.

Microtransactions and loot boxes.

what mod is this user?

did i miss grace?

also, i got a couple of lvl 3 armors i'll trade for anything, or nothing, i just wanna get them off my hands

judging by the clock it's this
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
the CE table also has class mods

PS4 btw, forgot to mention that

Just to make sure, you know that gifting BBI cursed items doesn't cycle your list, right? Like you should only give them away out of charity or because you have nothing left to purify in that category.

yeah i've got all the armors

I hope not -- when I checked two hours ago he was only missing two bars.

Be warned, DO NOT MESS WITH PAWNS with this mod.
It can make them unavailable for online play since you are messing with their stats.
Also, giving them mixed classes weapons will crash the game.
If you don't care about any of this, go ahead

Remember to do your God-sworn duty to beat up Online Urdy every day.

I've been meaning to help out but I just don't feel like it. I'd rather play monster hunter and cry into bowls of chazuke all day.

Post Beloved

Is it possible to transfer saves from 360/PS3 to PC?

Anyone else feel that the Magick Shield gets too many skills?

More like every other shield get none.

Yes.

That's good, thanks. I just pulled my 360 save off and will keep it as a spare while starting fresh on PC.

>be main pawn
>searching the everfall after a fight
>arisen finds a chest
>opens it
>looks at the contents for 5 seconds, sighs loudly
>pulls the engraved dagger we got from the dragon
>perhaps the treasure is stuck to chest and he seeks to pry it?
>arisen plunges the dagger into own heart
>nonchanlantly falls over, the life slowly leaving the body
>other pawns scream in horror, desperately looking on their pouches for healing poultices
>feel too a terrible pain in my own heart
>the emotions i felt during our journey are fading
>the rush of combat, the fear of death, the joy of helping others
>and even the love for my brave master
>i wish to cry in despair yet tears won't come out
>why, master?

>be main pawn
>searching the everfall after a fight
>arisen finds a chest...

>Reach max level
>oh boi can't wait to see all these max level pawns
>literally 99% are absolute shit

These are all shitters that just gave themselves max level, aren't they? I can't find any other explanation to such retardation

Forgot a small detail: you can't use it directly. You have to extract (Modio/Horizon) and convert it (ddsavetool). Nothing hard, though.

Are you sure that they are player made pawns?

I'm sure it will be easy.

Well I'm playing online so they should be

Not necessarily, at max level pre made pawns tend to show up almost all the time. If you want to find player made max level pawns you should go in the rift and search for lvl 199 pawns (which is odd).

A way to switch skills without having to go to an inn every time.

cyclopes are really fucking dumb

I mean, I'm still a mile away from BBI in this playthrough and don't plan to start using BBI equipment till then, but if nobody else is taking you up on the offer, I certainly wouldn't mind getting a little ahead of the curve in catching 'em all.

PSN Ocypete

If you've got some Armors to spare, PS4 is DowTheOrganic, anything you're looking for? I'll see what I've got.

Multiplayer that alters the game to something more of a challenge, with the need of communication and synergy between the players. complete with the ability to pick up other players and throw them off cliffs and chasms when they start acting like faggots.

Oh, and a wider variety of skills and passives for an more interesting mix of effects and combinations.

Is this your pawn? They're lost and lonely.

So i played Mystic knight until the grigori fight and, in the end, it wasn't fun at all. I played it with a mace. Or does it get its funny shit at level 9 ? I just don't know.

>tfw killed online urdy for the first time
feels good man

you're gonna need some rc to purify it my friend, but i got you
nah i don't really want anything, i got you

I don't like how you have to be switching between a staff and another weapon to get the most out of MK. I wish you could have magic swords/maces that you could use to cast spells directly.

Much appreciated! And I've got plenty of RC for a couple cursed artifacts, thanks to /ddg/ anons hiring Sororre, but I'll probably hold off on purification till I'm ready to use it, anyway.

MK takes a certain kind of mindset to really enjoy all it has to offer. To get the most out of it, you have to spend a lot of time in set up, whether that means buffing, enchanting your shield and waiting for those perfect blocks, or placing your great cannons and getting your pawns to help take advantage of them. It's a bit tedious for some.

Yeah i guess i wanted something more straight forward for a first game

Multiplayer, sacrifice three pawns for having one fellow Arisen to fuck shit up with

More classical and folklore monsters, satyrs, manticores, DDO sphynx, dryads n shieet, love how DD handles its monsters and their designs

Different environments, ice, snow, badlands, marshes, swamps spooky rift stuff - worlds between worlds or something, shards of worlds congealing into a new realm, maybe even some weather mechanics like rain

More weapons for mages and sorcerors - wands, sceptres, staves and archistaves. Wands cast quickest but are weakest, sceptres are for pure damage, staves are for pure buff/defense, archistaves can only cast nukes, you can carry one of each

>acquire dinput8.dll mod
>allow skill sharing
>remove weapon restrictions
>be MK with Dragon's Maw and a magick bow
Though i guess this is borderline if not outright cheating, it does make the game more fun. At least to me.

>nah i don't really want anything, i got you
Thanks my man!

I didn't wanted to ruin the game but it does sounds fun indeed.

Wait until your second or third playthrough to do crazy stuff like that. You can even slap that one difficulty mod to balance it a bit.

Can you slap shield strike on magic shield?

What is even the point of the physical attack on magick shields if you can't strike with em

Nope. Shields and Magick Shields are distinct from one another. You can only put skills that use the same weapon type on another class that uses this weapon eg. Grand Scension on a Strider's daggers and Windmill Slash on MK's mace/sword

It's probably rushed decision. Skeleton lords and living armor, not sure about last one, actually use their shield to bash you head. And again they wield their shield properly. It's so werid, game go through 2 re-release and capcom still not made patch to fix minor things like that.
Bummer.

>into free is about fukushima
I-It could still be about the Dragon...

Post pawn titties.

wat

lmao that guard is killing me

>about damn time

>he didn't announce grace and just posted after he got his own kill

I always thought Into Free was about Dragon's Dogma, but the whole 'drink your iodine' kinda kills that since iodine is given to people for radiation sickness.

>be me
>trying to reach Grigori at relatively low levels
>running out of cash
>poke around for ways to farm gold without earning a ton of xp
>read about cows and sour beast steaks
>switch to fighter so i can start ranking up and maybe grab sinew
>set up a portcrystal on estan plains to repeatedly murder cows
>get to rank 5 fighter
>i probably have enough beast steaks for now
>but
>i could keep going till i'm rank 7 and grab prescience
>reach rank 7
>but
>i could keep going till i'm rank 8 and grab vehemence
>alright, that's enough
>switch back to assassin
>go to gran soren for the cockatrice quest
>get thrashed because i didn't bother stocking up on curatives or switching pawns
>decide to switch a pawn to a sorc
>decide to switch myself to sorc
>spend most of my discipline grabbing high fulmination, high bolide, and high voidspell
>this is fine
>murder the cockatrice
>man, my magic attack with an archistaff is way better than my normal attack with a bow or daggers or a sword
>maybe i'll just fight grigs as a sorc
>decide i want high maelstrom for that fight
>no dcp left
>switch to mage for ranking up while i farm dcp by murdering more cows
>get to rank 6
>y'know, inflection would be a good idea for this fight too
>rank 9 augment
>keep murdering cows
>at this point have murdered literally over 1200 cows over the course of like two in-game weeks

Fuck Grigori, I'm pretty sure I have a controlling interest in Gransys's meat market now.

>finally found a mystic knight aesthetic I like
>going through BBI 2.0 at a slow place
>listening to good dungeon synth
Comfy, lads

>Takes place 200 years later - 17th century cannons and gunpowder
>Less corridor design in Overworld and less invisible walls. Maybe add climbing like BOTW
>Horses/Beast taming
>Battle Monk vocation for fist fighting
>Musketeer vocation with rapiers and muskets
>Buccaneer vocation with Harpoons and blunderbusses. Excel at swimming and fighting underwater.
>Finder vocation with longflail and crossbow, skills for laying traps, roping monsters, and grappling onto them. Holy abilities, high magic tolerance. (Basically Belmonts)
>Ships and sea monster battles
>Ditch subweapon tools entirely - they're not fun to use.
>Auto-optimization and other QoL improvements that don't forsake depth.

>mystic knight can't use a staff and mace
Fuck this

>mystic knight can't use a staff as a mace

Yeah it can. Strong attack with a staff.

>makes guts

GRÄ°FFÄ°THHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

>mfw when there is no grifith on game

That'd be warhammer. Not mace.

You're supposed to play as griffith and have your pawn be guts, fella.

cant wait to throw guts off a cliff

Why is the Music in this game so good? Hard to get bored of it.

no problem! sorry if i give it to you late, i had stuff to do, but you'll get one eventually!

it actually happened so fast, like he was at half health, i beat the shit out of him, went back in and he was nearly dead.

>Hard to get bored of it.
I get bored of it pretty fast. But music is good, yeah.

You can be Griffith every time you use Great Sacrifice

>make the beloved mercedes
>take the deal
teehee

I need some righteous PSN Pawns to join me on a Bitterbutt purge.
Who among you will heed the call?

Farewell, Valmiro.

>Entire Court was a deconstruction of the video game fantasy hero
>The courts laughs at the player for thinking they can understand medieval politics, they look as ridiculous as their in game murder hobo.
>But yet Crusader Kings 2 exists and people can read and study history at any time.

On the George R Martin side of things, The Duke kept 50 years of peace. That's pretty easy though considering Gransys's main population centers are just a coastal city and village.