Monarchy>Democracy

Democracy promotes short-sightedness, egalitarianism and the erosion of private property rights. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songbun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>monotheistic religion is authoritarian
What else is new?

>short sightedness

You know premodern people based their lives around the yearly cycle right

>short-sightedness

Most governments are short sighted.

>egalitarianism
Not a bad thing as long as its not a absolute principle

> erosion of private property rights

Monarchs seized private property all the time

>Most governments are short sighted.
Yes, and democracies and more so than monarchies (absolute monarchies).

>Not a bad thing as long as its not a absolute principle
>not a bad thing
Wew lad

>Monarchs seized private property all the time
Less so than under democracy

True but with a monarchy you are take a bet every time you get a new king. I don't see anything wrong though with a king having power but succession kills it.

Egalitarianism as an idea always presents itself as an absolute

>short-sightedness

Monarchies and autocracies are more short-sighted than democracies

>egalitarianism

Needs to be further defined

>erosion of private property rights

Private property rights are literally a liberal concept

"Well, assuming you were God and had infinite power and resources, you could take a very homogeneous country and split it in half.

One side gets a hereditary absolute monarch, whose rule is law and who is succeeded by his sons and by his sons’ sons. The population is inculcated with neo-Confucian values of respect for authority, respect for the family, and cultural solidarity, but these values are supplemented by a religious ideal honoring the monarch as a near-god and the country as a specially chosen holy land. American cultural influence is banned on penalty of death; all media must be produced in-country, and missionaries are shot on site. The country’s policies are put in the hands of a group of technocratic nobles hand-picked by the king.

The other side gets flooded with American missionaries preaching weird sects of Protestantism, and at the point of American guns is transformed into a parliamentary democracy. Its economy – again at the behest of American soldiers, who seem to be sticking around a sufficient long time – becomes market capitalism. It institutes a hundred billion dollar project to protect the environment, passes the strictest gun control laws in the world, develops a thriving gay culture, and elects a woman as President.

Turns out this perfect controlled experiment actually happened. Let’s see how it turned out!"

And before you bitch about egalitarianism, let me remind you that North Korea is much more hierarchical and stratified and has a system of nobility in all but name:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songbun

>Yes, and democracies and more so than monarchies (absolute monarchies).

King Louis XVI

>Wew lad
Not an argument

>Less so than under democracy
bullshit. Kings made a point of doing it every time they fell into debt, which was often.

> babby's first pro-monarchy argument: the thread.

>Louis XVI
Louis XV is actually a much better example of a short-sighted incompetent king who pissed away his predecessor's legacy and left his successor to clean up his mess.

>Less so than under democracy
m8 democratic revolutions in Europe were instigated by the Bourgoise which wanted private property rights.No bourgoie would like to his property seized.Meahwhile the absolute monarchies you defend so much claimed all the land in the country to be governed and used by and for the monarch.Learn politics ASAP.

I think you mean Monarchy>Republic
You can have various degrees of democracy in both.

Fascist monarchy is the future

Isn't monarchy just as weak on those points?

>short-sightedness
There have been quite a few occasions where monarchies have left state treasuries in rags, as well as inbreeding contaminating royal bloodlines and petty wars.
Again, not saying democracies are necessarily better, but monarchies tend to be quite bad as well.

>Egalitarianism
What do you mean?
I am not quite sure what you want to imply, but for the mean time, I would say I rather have my rights then the divine rights of kings.

>Private property rights
Putting serfdom to the side, what about the royal granting of monopolies, as well as forceful population relocation?

Also, wouldn't Hell be a vassal state to Heaven?

I mean if we're going to discuss this in relation to good and evil, any thing can work if it's fair and just.

Only problem is that evil generates in individuals, the individual then acts it out. You could have a democracy where the voted in authority can be fair and just and righteous, or you could have a democracy where the voted in intends to perpetuate exploitation on a massive scale but in subtle ways.

The strange thing about a dictatorship or a monarchy, where history points out that the individual leader is an oppressive, or evil, or "negative" leader, even though he is found by himself on the top, that individual is NOT an isolated personality, or type, or incident. You can in fact find groups of men who share the same exact ideals as that "negative" individual. So instead of a single, you can have many.

But the voting process is meant to ensure the people have a choice in their leaders. It's not impervious to corruption or inferior judgement though. Just requires a different formula to corrupt.

Now this can go on and on if we're going to discuss OP's image. I mean God wanted to rule over Israel, Israel wanted a king instead because they doubted, feared, and did not have enough faith in handing over their safety to a God that only spoke to a single prophet etc etc. God wanted to speak to everyone, but as with today, not everyone wants to speak with God.

So...we're at the mercy of men in relation to land and territories.

The logic behind it is independent of facts and empirical evidence. But do tell me what you want me to research.

The highest property rights exist in democracies not monarchies.

Democracy promotes long-sightedness since pluralism is a thing and many people with different time preferences can participate in politics.

Egalitarianism is much better than the extremely inequalities of rights found in undemocratic societies.

>reminder that jesus was a jew
>reminder that we need a jew king, not a christian one
Why are they so superior, bros?

>Idealist democracy > idealist monarchy
>Realistic democracy > realistic monarchy

democracy is a soft variant of communism

>Egalitarianism is much better than the extremely inequalities of rights found in undemocratic societies
Thailand seems to be doing fine though user. Egalitarianism is just an idealogy made up by people who hate reality.

>thinking thailand is a legit monarchy
uhhhhhhhhh

all preferable to tyranny

>tyranny is bad
L M O A

Thailand is an awful shithole.

>Thailand seems to be doing fine
Not really. Despite being more business-friendly it's also much more instable and unpleasant than Vietnam, and can't even be compared to a developed country like Malaysia.

the mods of Veeky Forums are the fucking worst.
If it's Anti-America, it's fine, but the second I make an Anti-Commie thread, deleted and warned.

Come now. Was it just anti-Communist threads, where you made an effort to understand the opposition's positions, or did you sperg out and shitpost?

I'm openly a Fascist on his and never once have my threads been deleted. Maybe it's because I can quote from my copies of Marx and company.

Thank you for proving my point.

it's true. Maybe Veeky Forums mods are jews.

Probably not. Probably just the weak kneed pussy ass liberals.
I'd take Hitler over Stalin anyday.

Which is better depends on the leader
if you got shitty ones democracy is better
if you got a good one monarchy is better

Democracies don't exist anymore. We all live in some sort of Republic. Republics aren't fucking democratic you retards.
>Thing i like is good, thing i dont like is bad

Maybe because this isn't /pol/ and we should shut the fuck up about politics?

>america isn't politics

>Humanities are academic disciplines that study human culture.
>Politics is the organized control over a human community

It's almost like they're related, as if they may have some overlap.

>Democracies don't exist anymore. We all live in some sort of Republic. Republics aren't fucking democratic you retards.