Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #936
Getting Chilly Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation (For masochists, not recommended): pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
How to use AAUnlimited:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!huZz2TaL
mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!86oFEJiA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My waifu is Superior!

I haven't the time to make edits at all, only to shitpost.

I don't remember having the same waifu as you because mine is the best.

How the hell do these new modules work? What is voyeur cleanup?

They certainly are very complicated compared to some of the earlier ones. I haven't figured out the voyeur cleanup bits either.

Speaking about modules, how high is the learning curve. I want to make my own but they seem very intimidating.

From reading existing modules, the learning curve seems to be super low.

With the new AAU, would it be a good idea to update all the card in my mega to get rid of the modcard/nonmodcard format and just put them all in one place again?

It's not a bad idea. The new modcards are also basically the same size as an unmodded card, so they're easier to download.

Few modules from the new batch are nearly unreadable unless you know what's going on. The easy ones are really easy tho. You should read the guide for triggers and ask a lot of questions, I'll try to answer all of them. Also once you learn triggers you'll be able to request for features to be implemented much better, and that's really cool.

Starth works like this:
>It does a full PC change that can work even if you do it from within a conversation (in aa2trainer this breaks the game). Once the conversation ends, you'll be the character you switched to.
>It changes target of the PC to the card you want to be the second actor of your h scene
>It triggers the starth bool. Changing this bool will immediately create an h scene with PC and his target.
The starth command in triggers does all of the above. However, at the end of h you want to go back to your original PC. That's what voyeur cleanup does. It's called on AFTER_DATE_H convoid, which is just the convoid after you start h manually like this. All of the other variables are there to ensure that this gets run only once on the right PC Conversation state, that if an interruption somehow happens the game doesn't leave you in your new PC, that your original PC gets locked in place and doesn't run away to do stuff or interact with anyone while you watch the h scene etc.

There's a lot of stuff that's simply completely impossible to understand from just reading the code. For example, we lock the original PC in place by changing his NPC status to 7, effectively locking him into a single character conversation, and nobody can interact with him, and he cant run away because such a conversation cannot properly end because of that. It's because of stuff like this that you should not restrain at all from asking a lot of questions.

Have we considered posting cute girls?

just a thought

"Considered"?

No, never, are you fucking crazy? That's completely unheard of.

Maybe

Is that the rare thot migration i've heard so much about?
So majestic.

>wake up
>missed lewd posting
fuaaaaak

Too bad most of lewds were deleted.

>freckles
>cute girl
Choose one.

Another room in which to pose cute girls. I don't have any cute girls who would hang around adventurer's taverns, but that's my own mistake. Have fun

mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!huZz2TaL

>having bad taste

Awesome

>tfw can't enter isekai world to adventure with other anons
life is truly suffering

What class would your waifu be?

>isekai

Oh, I see. I didn't understand why after_date_h was being called when there wasn't any date going on. So the voyeur cleanup is to make sure your original PC isn't peeking, but also that once you're done with your temporary PC, they get sent on their way and you return to your original PC, who couldn't be interacted with or move while you were gone.
Also, what does convoid mean?

healer!

It means conversation id. Voyeur cleanup just reverts PC back to the original PC, my explanation went a bit too far. You'll see that all modules that have starth have that part set up the same way, that they all have a "life support" trigger and en equivalent to "lock the cuck" trigger from the cuck module.

Berserker

we should fix aa2g

How?

By posting cute girls

I forgot that I'd recently taken some screenshots of a card I was testing (not this one) while doing H stuff, so there was a spicy surprise in the cap folder.
Things I'm bad at include posing, facial expressions, and hands. And yet that's what I naturally blundered into doing. I honestly have no clue if this expression works or not. I was aiming vaguely for 'happy you arrived for the date.'

I want to shipwreck her

She's not intended to be a shipgirl, I just liked the masts as some old-fashioned antennae.

I want to update her firmware!

When trying to run the install.bat for AAUnlimited, I get an error, "The specified module could not be found". How fix?

Another one. Today is a room day.

If you don't muck it up in your date, she might find herself wanting an upload of firmware.

chinkcolle cards when!?

When you make her

give me an archetype and i'll make a card RIGHT NOW

But can she handle the 1,500 terabytes of data that comes in a single injection?

fuck off retard and die

Some of it may overflow her buffers temporarily, but she's getting better and better at processing it quicker so none leaks out and it all stays in her memory banks.

nigger

REJECTED

You never said you'll reject.

Delinquent boy

you never said you'd give a terrible archetype

That sounds like a fun thread quest

c'mon buddy we're giving you the tools here now make a fucking card

>:(

nerd that is covering up that they're a total nympho?

Samurai!

Hands for me are one of the more time consuming things when posing but it pays to stop and think about how you want to pose them by using your own two hands as a reference
Your robo girl's hands came out very well considering the fingers can easily clip into one another so kudos
As for facial expressions I think it mainly depends on the face type and how that affects the expressions so the best way to go about it is to just keep playing around with it

Any good guide on snowflaking or is the one in the google docs up to date until now?

Yeah, making them not clip was my main focus, I figured so long as they didn't look bad that way, the way they're set would make enough sense to not try to look at it from other angles.
As for facial expressions, a lot of it is that I have a very hard time reading expressions in other people, and my own are apparently different from what people expect, so I don't really have a good baseline for what it should look like, so I more or less guess and hope. I figured a smile was a good start, along with the happier eyes (for all the difference it makes on that face), softer eyebrows, and a bit of blush because romance or something, and then I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't look like a horrible mashup to people who can read expressions.
Also, is there an easy(or at least easier) way to get a sitting position that doesn't involve guessing at every single bit of the skirt bits to put them in the right place so the legs aren't just sticking out the front of it??

If you have the most recent version of AAU, hold down Ctrl when clicking save in Edit and a bit after, and you'll get some snowflaking options.

Snowflaking is easy now with AAU, just hold Ctrl while saving your card and it'll ask you for a card face and roster image.

Thanks but that doesn't seem to be working... Or do I have to create a new file? I'm overwriting the previous one.

How do I apply the meshes overrides? I sort of understood the process but it doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever, am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

It's the newest, right? The one released two threads ago? If it is but still not working, try creating a new file. Just rename it slightly like adding a "v2" at the end or something.

And I see you're trying to replace the hair texture, and that's through the Archive Override, not Mesh Override. It's pretty confusing which corresponds to which, I know. In general, you want Mesh Override for sclera, highlights, and accessory texture things (like collars or ribbons) and Archive Override for hair texture, skin, and .xx replacement.

Keep holding ctrl through the prompt of overwriting the old card and it should come up.

For sitting positions what I usually do is I move the hip a little forward before moving the upper legs after that you can move the waist and chest a little forward to straighten their back a bit and lastly select the world tab and rotate them backward a little to make them sit upright
it probably won't solve every clipping issue because skirts overall are just pure clipping hell but I think it's a good start

Solved it, there was an option for AAU extension on the scripts which was turned off, turned it on and it's working now, thanks. Hell, I still have to fix her outfit...

Last time I tried bending legs around, though(didn't bother on this one because of the angle), the skirt stayed put in its original position while the legs clipped through it. Is there any way to get around that?

Get the Frozen Skirt charprop, then you can pose it around the same as any other body part. It's a little harder, though.

The skirt was static?

how do i get clothes to show up in the maker? even when i load a .cloth they just stay naked

sorry i'm still a novice at cards

On the system tab in the maker, there should be a clothing section. Set the state to 1, then click apply, and it should show the clothing.

How does she maintain her good grades if she's so lewd?

>sclera, highlights
What would be a sclera or highlights? Sorry if it sounds stupid but I'm not american or anything so I don't know every word in english haha. Also "highlights" can have more than one meaning if I'm correct, right?

Just another stupid question because I never used the poser, can you take screenshots with it? If I press print screen the game itself takes a screenshot instead of giving the command to my desktop and saving to my OneDrive account.

her parents are on her about it nearly every moment she's at home.

the only chance she gets to do lewd stuff is at school. she kind of pseudo-claimed the stall in the back of the bathroom and now it smells funny from all the butt stuff.

The sclera are the lights of the eyes, and highlights in this instance means the hair highlights. And I'm not sure what you mean by taking screenshots of it. You can always take screenshots of the game with F9 or F11 regardless of AAU.

Oh, thanks for the explanation but can't you apply a hair highlight through the hair tab in AAU? Or for instance, can you have more than one at a time? Also I meant taking a screenshot without the AA2 watermark.

You can do that, too, right. And if you mean more than one hair highlight, then technically yes I suppose, but that would look pretty weird. You'd need to bake one of the highlights directly into a hair piece. And to remove the watermark, it's a pretty easy replacement mod that I don't have on me right now but it's finding the watermark image in one of the .pp files and replacing it with a blank image.

How do you make your girls look so clean?

Fuck, I would be glad if someone had the mod or just at least tell me the .pp file. Hope it'll be the last night working on my OC waifu.

where'd the umbrella come from?

Prop set, comes in four colors if you set the material through SB3U

mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!86oFEJiA

what does "set the material" mean

Thks for downloading bro, hope u enjoyed her.

Btw I made a huge update yesterday to make my cards more accurate and aguri as well as izumi is also one of them too. So check out my mega again with the "NEW" letter in front and grab them again if u like.

Do they get suspicious since she doesn't rub the muff at home?

This, the same as with the ice cream cone food prop.

Dammit lads, how do I remove the AA2 watermark? Didn't found nothing about this anywhere. It's been a slow day around here today it seems.

>more accurate
>no poo on top of head

I'm not at that level yet, do u know how to lol?

I dunno lol

fairly low as long as you know basic code. Everything is basically puzzle pieces of code block inserts and self contained statements. You will know quickly what interactions you cannot control.

which room is this?

You aren't getting on the mega list with a self insert card and a "hold on."

wtf i love room day now!