/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RiMvEeAfoSg
mastercupofficial.com/teamlist/m9_teamlist1
youtube.com/watch?v=lB7ZEUfF8rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dragon ball

Buzama da na

>simple characters make me embarrassed to play them
>advanced characters are too high IQ for me

fuck

>not picking characters based solely on how cool or hot they look
scrub

Jim Kazuya is pretty all-round basic and honest, with potential to be cool and technical once you get deeper in there

Don't play Claudio or Shaheen, they're too boring and basic even for a shoto player, there's literally nothing to learn on those chars past the first 10-ish hours of play and training mode apart form minor combo optimizations

There's Akuma but he's super weird and I can't stand playing him in Tekken, he's slow and lumbering and heavy and just awkward in a lot of ways, which is massively different to SF, although the mechanics and combos and general playstyle and little cool things about him are all very SF-esque, that impressed me a lot

That said, I played Ryu in every SF game ever and I naturally gravitated toward Steve, and can't let go of him now, so go with your heart

That's fair. Was thinking about Claudio, but that makes sense. Thanks.

If this was the case, everyone would play Maven

u wot
maven is super boring, literally "woman in skintight suit totally not masturbation bait real serious character" #787241

Man of hopkick and starburst is a solid character but he feels a bit unfinished. He's almost a great character gameplay wise but his damage is locked into starburst which only can be activated in very cut and paste ways and while he has the best hopkick in the game he overly relies on it. I think Shaheen is a great starter character for fundamentals and learning 3D but technically the true shoto of Tekken that's all about learning how to play the game of Tekken rather than the character is Jack___.

>Implying I want to play as a ninja

You win this time Max

Problem with Jack is sidestepping. Otherwise I would agree.

Yeah his sidestep is bunk but I still think that helps you in a way because his crap sidestep means you learn when to actually step rather than step randomly because random Jack steps get launched.

>Best stages
Mishima building, Mishima Dojo, SOUQ, Jungle Outpost, Dragon's nest. Duomo Di Sirio, Geometric plane
>Trash
The rest

Man, Book has god tier movement.

Sauce? And who's the artist?

She's a ninja. It's fitting apparel and all her moves look cool

Violet Systems is not trash

Wrong
>S tier
Forgotten Realm
Jungle Outpost
Mishima Dojo
>A tier
Twilight Conflict
Kinder Jim
Duomo di Sirio
>B tier
Souq
Infinite stages
>shit tier
Octagons

No love for abandoned temple?
The blood moon is atmospheric as hell.

ye totally not fapbait user, she is a serious character meant to be taken seriously, not at all to be ogled and act as r34 waifushitter bait
i completely agree with your sentiment

DORYA

a friend let me borrow tekken7 because he is more focused on other fighting games right now.

how do i play jin kazama

Is it easier, or harder to learn 'side characters' in Tekken compared to 2D fighters? Been watching Anakin's Korea stream lately and nearly all the featured players there are proficient with other characters as well.

Meanwhile learning the neutral of other characters is like learning a foreign language to me.

Why not both?

>tfw you practice a combo for so long you can't even tell whats real anymore

Probably easier than learning new characters in for example guilty gear where each character has unique systems.

Tekken fundamentals are more universal so it's easier to pick up other characters if you have a strong grasp of fundamentals. You won't know how to full on play them but you will know their basics and you will know their general strengths if you have matchup knowledge.

f4
f4
f4
f4
f4
dont you dare try a ewhf
MAYBE do a hellsweep if you're feeling spicy

Abandoned Temple is yet another low-contrast stage where everything is one color. I hate stages like that

That makes sense, I primarily play anime FGs (Guilty Gear, Under Night, BlazBlue, etc) and learning new characters always felt intimidating to me.

kek, which character and what combo

I don't want to say. You'll bully me.

The fundamentals of Tekken are movement and poking ( AKA application of framedata ). Once you've learned those two aspects of the game you'll know what to look for when learning a new character.

Also Koreans have amazing execution and match up knowledge while Anakin is a Jack main so he's all fundamentals so they can very easily play any character they want if it's just friendlies.

which character should i play if i want to be a useless piece of shit all match but have one good thing/gimmick

it's asuka, isn't

Probably a chole combo then

SAY IT

AND TELL US YOUR PERIPHERAL AS WELL, user

for GG specifically i dont think it is very complex/scary, theres a lot of universal tools that almost everyone has that help you feel at home pretty fast.
like, if you can anti air 6P with Ky, you can play johnny and know how to anti air instantly

Claudio

Nah
It's a WS2,1 combo for Josie
Keyboard

Paul

the trick to ws2,1 d3,4 is a quick and short dash between ws2,1 and d3,4
you have to dash earlier than you think
think f,f,d3,4

idk why they decided that her only WS launcher should have such an awkward pickup

It was like that with bruce as well

I know how to do it, the timing is just weird. Also, I'm trying to do the ender that I saw Knee do at WESG. He dashes, then side steps, then 3,2~f cd1,3

>mfw memeing on people with black hole shenanigans

What's your favourite flavour user?

fuck you

Bring back creamy chicken flavor, dammit

youtube.com/watch?v=RiMvEeAfoSg

Another short trailer for Mastercup. Announcing that it will be broadcasted on twitch (big surprise).
The guy in the trailer (can't tell who it is) says "Twice victory has slipped but this year I'll defeat Korea and Kyushu"
Will be tough considering Qudans is there with friends. Knee also has a team.
Also for whatever reason Kyushu (western most part of Japan) is very good at Tekken even though its small in population compared to Tokyo or Osaka region. Noroma and Taisei are both Kyushu.

Besides the two Korea teams I counted 3 more gaijin teams (including some americans) but there was no names immediately recognized, of course they could still be good for all I know.

Too bad Philippines, Thailand, Echo Fox, Anakin and the others hanging out there aren't going.
Guess not enough prize money.

>mastercup this weekend
>geese next week
november's a good month

When is this going live?
Day and hour pls

Stream starts 08:00 (Japanese time) on Saturday (25.11)

Full team list
mastercupofficial.com/teamlist/m9_teamlist1

>Opppnent is literally mashing buttons randomly nonstop
>I still lose the game somehow

I've never felt so stupid in my life

Just do 1 and DF1 spam on these type of people

If my only experience with 3D fighting games is pic related, how much will I struggle learning Tekken?

I know, I've won six in a row now against this same guy. It's just that I can't believe that I tried to play in a "normal" way against a masher and got destroyed

#5 is only kazumi
what the fuck

no. 52 is only yoshi

Very little if any will translate, you will have to learn from the ground up

No. 2 is all Kings. This tournament is gonna be fun, hope they can stream most of the matches.

#5 is called "Can't love anyone except Kazumi"
With the description "Sticking with our favorite character, the team turned out like this"
There is also like 3 Ling only teams, a Kuma+Panda+3 Eddies and a Gigas only team.

In Mastercup you have to play the character you signed up with so you can try strategizing a little or just meme it up.

good shit

The whole page is in chiwanese, what good players are going and who are their teammates?

>08:00
Is that in the morning or evening for them?

Where's the Lars only teams?

208 team tournament planned to finish in one day.
You can bet they're starting early, doors open for the first wave at 06:45 AM.

Fuck me. I'm in Europe so if they're starting at 8 AM it's starting at midnight of friday for me

that game is so sick
you should just stick with that desu, much better than t7

Do I need to whip out the anti-/fgg/ pic again

But the 2nd round is scheduled to start 8 hours later.
I don't think you'll miss that much by sleeping through 1st round, it will be mostly the favorites stomping blue, green and yellow ranks.

Hwoarang is just unfair

I would stick with it if time travel machines have been invented already, this game had a pretty healthy community back in late 2005-2008

spotted the scrub who's never played 激闘忍者大戦 4

parry him

nina williams

This is just depressing

y

>people claim Nina is a hard character

No.56 True Taisei Children G
Taisei, Kari, Gen, Kurikun, Shana

No.141 TEAM YAMASA
Nobi, Yuu, Take, Bats, Nishi shinjiku

No.142 Team Well Played
ROX|KNEE, ITS|CHANEL, LowHigh, Kelthu, Senu

No.195 Kurokuro stream
KUROKURO, FUKUSHI, APO, PIDEKUN, LILI-MAN

No.198 GLOBAL GLORY
Noroma, Chikurin, Mafuyu, Keisuke, Taikare

No. 206 Qudans Force
Ginyu_Qudans, Recoome_Bplus, Burter_Hao, Jeice_Helpme, Guldo_(Kkokoma)
Other teams of note (maybe)

No.34 Those who inherited a dying wish
Lalala, Murakumo, Ken i, Stringbean, Hatano
Gaijin team with Americans + Australian and Korean

No.44 Throwback Tokyo
Double Dee, Mexi Can’t AKA IparryU, Johnny Menudo, DJT5U, Gicchi
Gaijin team with Americans, Pinoys, Italian and a German

No.169 Iron Fist Sisters
Grill gamers

No. 207 The (real) Mishima Zaibatsu
Consists of Tekken project employees, including Markman.

what is

So Bob is considered a small character in terms of hitbox?

What
the
fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=lB7ZEUfF8rg

The Koreans left Dotoring behind this time?

nah

Guess so.

There are two more Koreans on 18. Gods Wrath: Persona and Shine.
Anyone know if they are any good?

>I'm just some Fighter Jin scrub
>Fight a Vindicator Kazuya for almost 2 fucking hours in quick match
>Kept hitting me with 1243
>I never punished stuff
>After a while I started low parrying all the 124's
>I started punishing his 112 with cancans and other stuff with 2,4
>I finally quit
>He sends me a message
>''Good'' ''Now you see''

God bless you random Kazuya

If I liked Setsuka's (and by extension, Alpha Patroklos) archetype (high execution, but extremely rewarding to play as) in Soulcaibur, who would I like in Tekken?

Nina and Mishimas

Kazuya Mishima

Replacing her with that faggot Patroklos was the doom of the franchise

>nosebleed stun

Am I emo if I main Jin and play Eliza, Devil Jin, and later Noctis on the side? I just thought they looked cool and Eliza looked hot.

Is this the customs thread?

b4 isn't a nosebleed stun its a real counterhit.

i find wavedash chars so hard to use. like i can do a wavedash but doing ws moves out it seems impossible in a real match.

I think you can add in an extra qcf+1 in there too before 2,1,4, but it will probably only add like 2 damage

make sure you're back to neutral when you press a button, but if you want a 1 or 2 ws move I think you have to hit db or something