tfw no gf edition

>used wind against a Flying Bolt
information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14438403
youtube.com/watch?v=YYX6rug5DiU
fearlessrevolution.com/search.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuku is best girl

Why is it that whenever I put on any waifu skin, pretty much any other female chara still towers over me? Do all female transformations share the same height?

Also, why don't Honda or the Obsidian Samurai tower over everyone else?

you have a good_ waifu

but I guess the reason some transformations aren't too tall is because of hitboxes or some shit like that

I switched to Maria after finally beating the DLC, I'll be grinding for Okatsu and Fuku in Random Encounters now

>I'll be grinding for Okatsu and Fuku in Random Encounters now
>Connection Error
>Connection Error
>Connection Error
>etc...

eh, good luck with that

>playing as a girl

but I play as Nobunaga, the cape alone makes it worth it, plus the armor is cool as fuck

Works on my machine

>want to get a Nioh-related tattoo
>dont even know what would look good

Pray at shrine to save the game -> kill boss -> if it doesn't drop what you want exit to title

what are some anime like nioh? serious answers only btw i don't want to hear any naruto shit

strawpoll.me/14438403
strawpoll.me/14438403

Also again here, thank you for the fun run, friend.

How much glory did that net you?

>anime
>not naruto shit

pick one

So I just entered NG+ and I've heard that I need to start considering an actual build soon, I've been playing Sword/Kusa mostly and enjoying them. How do I go about planning a "real" build now?

Yeah it was fun

>How much glory did that net you?
Dunno, I got so much glory I don't care anymore

>you
>knowing what you're talking about

Thank you alot, user.

So... what happens with the higher difficulties? Does it reset all story/submission progress? Or does it just add a higher difficulty to all existing things? Most importantly, do I have to find all the fucking kodama again?

>do I have to find all the fucking kodama again?
No.

>I got so much glory I don't care anymore
I know that feel. I just wondered how much that mission must earn because of of the bosses and number of shrines.

maybe rurouni kenshin. it has no demons though but it's a cool samurai anime. ninja scroll too i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=YYX6rug5DiU

I guess that's PC for you, I'm gonna try changing region and opening NAT to see if anything changes

So which one do i focus fire first on the bathhouse mission, Tengu or the flying bolt?

Whats best way to farm glory offline? I'm playing a pirated version and really want female skins

Hyouge Mono.

once you finish the game you can switch between difficulties at any time

How the fuck am I supposed to get behind things to abuse back attack shenanigans? Quick step from low stance never works because enemies turn on a dime.

Just use cheat engine then

Collectors edition.

I beat the DLC on samurai. Is there a point to actually going through strong or should I just rush to the next difficulty?

bolt obviously, less hp, no hyper armor
just kill it before the tengu gets to do much other than poop out some wind

The only thing stopping the Veteran set from being 10/10 is that it looks like it's been dragged through a burning, broken shack.
That and the floating shoulders it and some other sets have

flying bolt dies quicker and you don't want to be slowed down fighting tengu
I beat them on my first ry but only because I used LW and nuked the bolt before they could really start

So nobody here actually plays axes huh?
No good advice around at all and only outdated spin2win builds that don't work anymore.

really depends on the enemy
against humanoids you gotta deplete their ki, only a few of them have slow enough attacks to get behind them
for most yokai you can roll right through their attacks and whack them from behind, but most of them will also spin a few seconds later, so you need to hurry to get out of range again

Is this difficult to use?

What do you mean?

Seconding Kenshin.

Farmed hanzo in the abyss for 2 hours with full item discovery gear and a kodama bowl hat and didn't get a single text.

Farmed the odachi guy in DLC2 for 30 minutes and got his weapon text. Guess I'm using that one instead of the cleaver.

Flying bolt can be headshotted btw

>tfw no 1v1 against Toyotomi Hideyoshi who uses 1kat and has even more bullshit than Muneshige. He also uses Flowing Shadow and has a Sarugami Guardian Spirit.

Did you use Itokuri as well? 2 hours is ridiculous, but I guess there's never a 100% chance of getting them over however long a timeframe.
Hanzo is only really useful for getting the texts that only he can drop anyway, although there are literally dozens that fall into that category.

Tempest has to have one of the most satisfying animations in this game.

I love it, just overpowering them with raw strength and throwing them onto the ground.

It makes you want to parry absolutely everything

How do you use Tempest? I'm shit at it, I can get the block + Square parry almost every time, but never Tempest.

The animations in general are just rewarding as hell. I don't use Axe but my god does Cloud Crusher look like fun.

Don't bother trying to use Tempest without Backwave II. Not only does it essentially never happen, it is less damage than just stabbing them.

Just tap guard at the last second before a human attack lands. Then guard again whilst they're recovering. Make sure to stay still and have no other inputs.

Try double tapping guard

I learned Tempest and still have absolutely no clue how to activate it. Also why does backwave matter.

You tap blocking button twice at just before attack connects.

Also this.

It is extremely satisfying but I after 200 hours I still have problem of pulling it on Hayabusa.

William has that European mostly meat diet. Big proteins and big gains means he can toss around those 5'2 rice fed peasants like they're nothing.

I think you are forgetting the fact that William spent 2 years at sea sailing to nippon-land, and nearly died of starvation/scurvy before landing because the food ran out and everyone got sick.

Backwave II allows you to get a free tempest after a backwave.

If you get someone out of stamina, you should stab them for more damage. However, with Backwave II you can knock someone to the ground from full stamina as long as you block right before the attack hits you then quickly tap guard again.

What's the most fast-paced playstyle? Low -stance dual katanas with A agility?

odachi has something like it too it also switches camera depending if cant/can move that way

>my girl Yuki-onna is in the game
Yeahhhhhhh!

Need dem special arrows, though.

thats just noh hime tho

its oda's woman not yours

Nobunaga pls go

You shut your dirty little mouth, she's mine!!!

You too, or I'm going to turn you faggots into homo butterflies!

What weapon is the most satisfying to use? I got bored of Dual Swords pretty fast and I want to try something new.

>tattoo
Guardian spirit icon though.

Tonfas probably. But their damage is shit

Should I be using Tiger Sprint or sheath 1kat move that hits multiple times?

It's down to personal preference, since I find 2kat the most satisfying to use.
Try Spear.

>2kat grapple where you just impale them with two swords and disembowel them.

I'm having a hard time figuring this out.
If you use a talisman to, let's say, put fire on your weapon.
Does the number of hits or damage dealt increase how fast the enemy gets the status?

>Is this difficult to use?
a handless monkey could do it
Just download Cheat engine, and look for a Nioh CE table

I really love my 'dachi.

Night Rain got buffed recently. If you can spare a slot for Ishida Masamune and have Yasakani then it's a more than adequate Iai replacement. It's also damn good at proccing elements.

Aren't spears pretty hard to use tho? With the whole stance-change thing.

>have 9 elixers max
>now I only have 4 max

I like 1kat mostly but it is just more defence oriented 2kat (or you can say the opposite). You want to feel like you are putting weight behind your blows odachi is pretty fun. It has automatic stance switches as a part of moves, nice reach and awesome high stance attack. It has ridiculously strong LW on top of it.

In post game content I found 1kat/odachi to my most preferred setup.

>not being stealthy iai man

GIANT ELECTRIC SWORD

It's down to how much elemental damage is dealt. As far as imbuing your weapon is concerned, the order of effectiveness is:
>Oni-bi floating head buff
>Talisman
>Built-in element

why didnt you lose invisibility

So that is just Iai, not tiger sprint?

Isn't odachi really Ki hungry tho? I remember trying it early game and using all my Ki on two high stance attacks. Also, does it rely on stance switching a lot? I really suck at that, since it's awkward as fuck to do on kb&m.

>be an english alchemist in 1600
>400 years later japanese people make you a bald gay anime villain

You can literally oneshot big yokai bosses with single night rain right after you start NG+ but it sucks on human bosses.

It helps greatly on abyss planes.

Tiger sprint runs while drawing his sword. I never managed to utilize it to my satisfaction.

it's probably the easiest and safest weapon in the game

Does the peacock do anything when you use a guardian talisman? I'm not seeing anything special.

It's by no means neccesary. I don't use it, I find it interrupts my grapple too much. Spears have gotten numerous buffs over time, and they definitely came out on top when the moves were released in the third DLC

It's tied to each region and how many Kodama you've saved therein.

Ki pulsing and fluxing are essential user. However, heart is one of the scaling stats of odachi and investing on it littlee bit wouldn't hurt you.

If you want to use odachi and suck at ki management use kekkai talisman.

Find kodamas

>equip warrior of the west
>set bonus is better than equipping a bunch of random gear that looks cool
What the best looking sets for 1kat man

When you're in Living Weapon, it switches to a random element. By default, it's wind.

For my agyo prestige points do I want living weapon durability or vs yokai realm?

futsunushi :^]

Because they didn't see him

I fucking love charging bull, especially when you manage to pull it off as a killing blow on a boss.

Any you want, because refashioning exists.

I'm decent at pulsing, but I can't flux to save my life. Keyboard controls make it awkward as fuck. And I haven't used a controller ever so that will probably be even worse for me.
Alright, thanks I'll probably give spears another chance

Since the mainsite for CE got lawsuited they moved the table repository.

fearlessrevolution.com/search.php

The stance switching is done automatically as part of a combo. I think it's a pretty versatile weapon overall. Granted, I've only beaten way of the samurai with it, but I never felt the need to use any other weapon because it felt lacking in some area. It's wrecking shit even harder in wots now.

Is it worth it to buy the game just for online play? Also, would cheating in a few repsec books and skins result in a ban?

I don’t think damage has anything to do with it - that is why status augmentation is a different stat. I have an accessory with like +20% lighting shot and +12% lighting damage but it still takes two shots to shock something. When I was using earth shot with ~20% augmentation i only needed one shot.

I feel like lots of hits work better. Piercing Rain on spear has been my go to for applying elemental effects with melee but it seems to be dropping off a bit now that I just started Way of the Wise.

How do I stop it from wrecking my KI? Should I just use light armor?

How do you evade Yuki-onna's second slash?
It seems impossible to me.