YEARLY Real Estate Thread

Hello everyone, every year I get out of /pol/ just one time to come to this board and talk about real estate with people who are thinking about buying a building and wish to know how to invest money. If you've come here for a few years you'll probably remember me.

>Real estate is for lazy people!

Actually that is not true, except if you do nothing and pay everyone else to work at your place: manage the buildings, repair minor stuff, snow removal (I live in America's hat), etc.

>Real estate does not pay well!

Who is Donald Trump?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/c/capitalizationrate.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Real estate does not pay well!
it depends on when you buy it
Look at the market prices of today, do you think they are reasonable?

It depends on where you live. The rental part itself is very good. You cannot only rely on market prices to make money only.

I've been interested in buying real estate. Looked at buying rental property however it seems hard to make it work unless
1) Pay cash
2) Basically start your own property management company

Everything seems a bit inflated right now. I'm still holding cash thinking f interest rates rise enough it'll bring prices down. May be able to grab a few places.

Yes, I know that feel too but I decided to go for it anyway because prices won't change for at least 5-10 years. The money you get back from rental itself should be enough to get you a return on your investment of around 5-6% (which is shit for some people but I'm talking about rental only here)

Also, where do you live exactly? I might be able to tell you if you should buy right now or act as a pussy to protect yourself from a shitty market?

I live in Sweden and i was looking at buying/letting properties
I did my due dilligence and found that i could expect a return of around 5-8% per year in rent and i had to make an investment of between 6-55 Million SEK (USD/SEK is around 8.8sek/1 $)

That does not seem worth it IMO because it requires a massive risk on my part and the return is very subpar
Obviously the market price would go up as well (possibly) but still doesnt seem worth it

Looking into the eastern european markets for the same trade, possible to get much better returns there afaik but if you got some insight im dying to hear it

live in houston, tx. was looking a multifamilies but the prices have gone up 25%+ in the last year.

Anything under 8 apt. is not worth investing money in. I don't think you're looking at the right place right now because a 25% increase is impossible when we talk about bigger buildings because investors are usually more careful and look at numbers. On the other hand, if you're think about buy a 4-5 apt. I suggest you don't do it and try to save a bit more money to buy something bigger. Always take in consideration that if the inflation is high your money is losing value so you might want to invest somewhere to prevent that also.

Hmmmm, I live in Canada and usually investors from other countries here don't bother investing on anything on 50 apt. :

6 to 49 apt. buildings: bought by Canadians 99% of the time

50+ apt. buildings: bought by Canadians 50% of the time and 25% goes to Americans, another 25% to Chinese, French, etc.

So you might want to think twice about investing too far from home. If you're new to real estate I suggest you start with something small like a 10 apt. and make sure to go around ''shopping'' a lot. Act as if you were really interested in buying but don't buy, just go everywhere, talk to sellers and other people, all that experience is free. Do that for 1 year and when you feel safe buy a 10 apt. as I said, just so you learn how to manage.

But if you're not new and you're thinking about something bigger in an another country I suggest you try to find a team of people who will help you on your journey somewhere else.

Me and another guy had the idea of investing in eastern europe where he has a friend who can help manage it, gonna look towards getting a 10% return from rent on it per year atleast since im just waiting for a crash in sweden

Properties are a good and safe form of investment, i like the idea of keeping it simple and earning money from it

Have 2 houses. Buying 2 more. Dont buy shitty crackhouses ready for the dozer.

used to really want to invest in it but now I think it would never be worth the headache of dealing with tenants and worrying about having to carry mortgages in between tenants

My gf has some newly acquired dosh and I dont want her to fuck up

Probably has enough to pay for a flat in cash but I absolutely advised her against it. I told her she better ask for a bank loan to get liquidity. She works at a real estate firm so she shouldnt have much trouble with the bank.

I want to set up her empire (ie experiment to see what'd be good for me) so I need some advice.

She wants to rent a nice flat in Madrid. Any tips for the city? I told her to stick to good looking / exotic places in the center for rent to oldfag middle/high class tourists

She has shit taste though and I fear for what she can end up doing.

OP here.

I can't help you with Madrid since I live in North America, which is not the same market. Although, what I can say is try to find the best part of the city, where all the airbnb faggots want to rent. This part of the city is usually the best way to rent a flat wherever you live.

If you think like that, try another way to invest money because real estate is a pain in the ass for that lol

Know anything about sydney/Australia?

Want to get in property development, any tips for that? Thanks

Looking to get into real estate myself, also canadian. I have a fee overseas properties that net 9 percent after op costs but im looking for some canadian investments as well

really hate real estate threads

real estate investing comes down to local
>property taxes
>vacancy rates
>renting laws
>rent vs buy difference
>interest rates
>demographics

and you don't know that on a global forum
one thing I like about crypto is there's a universal price

Yes.........that's why I linked the CAP RATE website right at the beginning of this thread.

I don't do property development, sorry. The city I live in requires way too much money for that I'm not just there yet.

In Montreal, the net is like 5% usually also it's considered the one of the best place in Canada for rental investments. I'm sorry but the market here is shit compared to other places because of the low population of Canada. Keep in mind that the market in Toronto and in Vancouver are extremely dangerous, I SUGGEST ANYONE READING THIS NEVER INVEST IN TORONTO OR VANCOUVER: A market crash could happen in the next years.

Good places: Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Kingston (Ontario) also anything around Toronto: London, Niagara Falls(not sure about this one but anyone thinking about it should see if the cap rate is acceptable)

Lots of tourists retirees live in the Canary Islands. Ask her if she's willing to go there instead.

It really is bit the pros outway the cons. I gotta drive an hour to buy linoleum tonight but i also get chinese food so...