Latest episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=0Brr2Jox014

Geese in Tekken 7 Trailer:
youtu.be/6MK2TKFFtQA

SSVS coming to PS4/Vita!
youtu.be/clmCdIwMoHo

Last Blade 2 is coming to Steam!
youtube.com/watch?v=lb7PgrKxOi0

KOF XIV Special Anniversary Edition for PS4 is now available!

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6wIXhOnGI

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New SNK mobage Kimi wa Hero is out (JP only):
snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=ncvEB6ARx6U
youtube.com/watch?v=1zfAWUZ6uDI

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

KOFXIV Punish Guide:
youtu.be/AxWvmrQAd9o

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XX5ZLV7KeV0
youtube.com/watch?v=9f71tgZXUe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that you should be playing XIII.

no thanks

Play it.

Does XIII have a motherfucking Luchador Dinosaur? No?

Then I'll stick with XIV, thank you very much

I'd like to see them make Astro Guy a KoF character. Make him a masked wrestler from the Japanese circuit, and clearly he has to have a rivalry with King of Dinosaurs.

there's literally zero reason to

Garbage meme character to lure in the normies, get some taste.

I want to live in a world where King of the Monsters gets made into a Hollywood Movie instead of Rampage

>meme character to lure in the normies, get some taste.
>Geese Howard

Watch your mouth!

Geese, Terry and KoD are normie retard triforce.

>KoF 14 has Yamazaki, but it doesn't have Ash

what do I do

>call character garbage
>posts ash

Play XIII's stretchy arms function.

Also, I just realized that none of the 50+ characters in XIV play even remotely similar to Ash, that's kinda sad.

Ash got redeemed in XIII and is coming back thanks to the pinata boss in XIV that was full of dead characters. :3

the entire roster should just be kyo clones
some kyo clones can have other characters' attacks
we can call it the kyo of fighters xv
only functions matter in gameplay anyway amirite

XIV has Meitenkun. The superior charge character.

Meitens can't really rushdown. Rushdown Ash was fun.

That's because everyone in XIII was rushdown.

>Play XIII's stretchy arms function.
Oh I do when I play XIII, he's fun. My middle slot is usually either him or Billy. It's kind of funny, I'd love to see him and/or Oswald return in either 15 or as more DLC for 14, but if they both make it back, I don't know if I'd be able to choose.

They were if the opponent was bad, but that applies to every fighter that isn't slow as fuck SF4.

The SNK team doesn't take Oswald seriously; they think he's silly, actually.

Xiangfei looks like fucking Olive Oyl and as a huge Popeye fan, Olive is like the least good thing from Popeye.

So I've heard, but he's pretty cool for a "silly" character, the only goofy looking move he has is his spinning DM. He's a character I'd like to have learned to play, but my friends and I never played 11 often enough to really get a hang of what he can do

Source

Maybe in NGBC first - he already appeared there as the Yuki/Ai fusion super...

You forgot Mai and Rock, so it may go beyond a trio...

There's still 2003, flawed as it may have been...

>meiten cant rushdown

oh sweetie

He can't tho. His thing is zoning and pushing you up to the corner where he anti-air you forever until you get bored and play footsies with him in the corner, after which he will whiff punish you and blow you up.

Don't forget Krauser's removed super where he just does a couple cartwheels before flopping on you.

His gigatech cyclone or whatever it was called looked pretty silly to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=XX5ZLV7KeV0

I unno man

The Gigatech Cyclone was a straight shoutout to one of the Fatal Fury OVAs, because that was apparently his super in that anime - it was Terry's super at the time, and Krauser demonstrated his dominance by replicating it and beating Terry with it. Then Terry replaced it with the Power Geyser and beat Krauser.

Just like Joe's VA, SNK decided "hey that's pretty cool" and made the Gigatech Cyclone a real super for Krauser.

But he doesn't rush down in even a single one of those matches, he does what I said: zones and plays footsies. Look at his spacing, he's usually at the tip of his range, sometimes further, clearly fishing for the whiff punish. Meiten doesn't do damage until he convinces his opponent that throwing out normals is a good idea. It isn't.

The only thing remotely rushdown about his moveset is that ridiculous standing overhead.

Officer KD6'3.7

Fuck you Pachislot haters.

while i would love b.jenet, having too much fatal fury in kof is kinda like too much fire emblem or mario in smash imhqfo
muimui is honestly a nicer choice since xiangfei feels really basic
loveheart is kinda dull though
does the pirate person have to be a girl anyway
we could have captain kidd maybe

The SNK devs explicitly said they didn't want to overload the KOF roster with too many FF characters.

This. Love Heart is bae

I hate shen woo.
Story wise and as a playable character

To be fair, Xiangfei filled the obligatory "Chinese kung fu girl" quota for Fatal Fury, a quota they were able to bypass for years with Mai.

the same question would be had now, though, does it have to be a girl

can't it be a trannie
or an elephant
an elephant with kung fu skills

And the people who bitch, ask for MORE FF CHARACTERS. As if XIV hasn't pandered to FF already.

Fuck you, cunt.

>I'm Shen Woo
>I'm the most terrifying man in the Hong Kong underground because I'm practically invincible compared to everyone around me
>I have no martial arts training whatsoever; I'm a pure street brawler who swings for the fences on every punch
>I am nothing more than hired muscle
I get that people like a raw brawler, but man did Shen dial that angle up to 11.

Plus, Yamazaki fills the street brawler angle now that he's back, especially since he does it with that Yakuza gangster flair.

do not
lewd
kula

>le 1 character per archetype only meme

Fuck off. SNK is constantly shoving her under aged ass on our screens.
The camera angle of her Climax is intentional.

Bully the Kula

>SNK is constantly shoving her under aged ass on our screens.
I mean, jesus

But Shen is the aesthetic one.

Kula's kulo is life.

Post more kulass.

it was even bruce lee who spoke more highly of a wild chaotic untrained fighter over a person who was so married to his fighting style and training that he was self-limiting

i wish i could find that quote

Man its been awhile since SNK put Vanessa in a game.
They should bring her back and make her playable.

You're kinda late to the party, chief. Vanessa is one of XIV's only DLC characters. Her get-up is slightly different this time around because she's off-duty like Ramon is.

To be fair, bruce was probably trying to sell his fighting style with that quote.

>fighting style
it looks like you already don't comprehend
you might as well call krav maga a style

>Trashy ass Vanessa who's the worst in the game.

That's not Vanessa.

Don't get smart with me faggot, you know exactly what I meant. Lee's style was basically about giving the middle finger to traditional martial arts, which is why his quote sounds suspiciously like he was trying to promote his school, which he did an awfully lot.

that's like a so what first off
you're still talking about style with the man who claimed to have no style second
thirdly it doesn't depreciate the value of his words
anyone who cares more about having a style is going to have a weakness
and i'd rather take his words to heart than some random anons who probably couldn't even touch me in an irl fight, let alone bruce himself

>you're still talking about style with the man who claimed to have no style second
Do you literally not know what Jeet kune do is? You seem pretty uninformed for a supposed bruce lee fan.

yes? it's an approach to fighting, not a ~style~

Define "style" you semantics arguing autist.

to have a set of prescribed techniques at your disposal

How is that not an "approach to fighting"?

because jeet kune do is not something crystallized or with any form or set of prescribed techniques
it's a philosophy with a set of tao
for a fighter to transcend his current abilities from his completed fighting style training he must learn to eschew and break away from the chains that imprison him and fight with more liberty than his "style" would permit
to have a set of actions that tell you to do this then that, or when this happens you do that
is to be restricted in what you can do
this is part of the philosophy behind jeet kune do and i don't understand how you don't grasp such an idea
when people say they use "jeet kune do" they don't know what they're talking about and use it as a moniker to pretend they comprehend bruce lee's "fighting style" when in essence he grew from that to become less about form

do you even see his general stance? it's a modified boxing/fencing stance, and even then it's not something he's always in

furthermore, when talking about style, not everything within that style always applies nor is it a one size fits all methodology, not for the fighter nor against his opponent
when you discover that your style is too limited in perspective either based on your body composition or your target's ability to fend it off, you realize that being married to the style is your greatest opponent
your style tries to seek the answers to everything but in being a style it is still too discrete in how many situations it can address before it becomes too inflated and starts to lose essence in itself
and that dissolving of the style is where we bring ourselves to the very essence of jkd, which is to break away from those bounds, to be less limited, if not limitless, though striving for no limitations
to not be tied down by what your style tells you you must do and to be formless and shapeless, and that's the philosophical approach
the tao of jkd?
this should be common knowledge by now

>do you even see his general stance? it's a modified boxing/fencing stance, and even then it's not something he's always in
It's pretty much the opposite of what a modern boxer would consider proper form, but he stuck by it because it allowed for fast pokes which he used for dirty tricks such as a knee to the groin. He adhered to it, which is form, and said form sacrifices power for speed, so in the end, he did have a style, just an unorthodox one.

Look, I'm not trying to trash Bruce Lee, I'm a fan too, but you really need to know how to tell the bullshit and the actual philosophy apart. 50% of his quotes and feats were publicity stunts to sell his school of fighting, and that's by his own admission.

>He adhered to it
if yo want to say he had a "style" in that he fought in a way he knew, sure, why not, but he was not always in that stance i mentioned and he didn't think that stance would always work in every situation which is why he tried to profess adaptability and taking bits and pieces from other styles and employing it himself

then you might as well admit that shen woo too had a style, and it works for him

but it is not "jkd", it is "bruce lee", jkd is not a fighting style, it is an approach or philosophy to tell people that they shouldn't just go "hey i'm going to use karate for every fighting situation because it'll obviously work on every opponent even if there are literal counterpicks", this was one of my point of contention

the other point was about criticizing shen woo simply because he's a "street brawler" as if that discredits his ability to kick asses of those who use tkd, SUPER CEREAL YAGAMI ANCIENT MARTIAL ARTS OF PURPLE FLAMES* onlyuseablebypurpleflameusers, verse, broken tier alba, card game players, etc

and even if he did shill himself he is not without avenues to back up his words and there is no reason to discredit that unless you're a modern Veeky Forums user who comes from pol or something and is like "LOL I HATE SHILL *posts jewhands*"

he still has weight in his words regardless of that fact

and going back to the stance thing, he uses that a lot, because it works for him, but it's not something that works for everybody else
*he* can kick incredibly fast, not everyone else can so you don't see a kickboxer use it because they are slower and more telegraphed, and why a general kb/mt user is going to have his arms up to his face to be ready to guard those attacks among others

so in short, jkd is really about using what works for you as an individual, and especially in relation to the opponent

This is /neog/, not /asp/. Chill out.

it had to be said to argue against criticism of shen woo so no

It's still a hell of a tangent.

some things take a hell of a tangent

Kinda late there, Gator.

Er...
Read the tweet.

She and a new stage are coming as DLC

But will it be free

the question is, will it only be her
i mean it'd make the select screen look rather uneven if so

Stick her between Antonov and Verse.

????

Officially is a nice ass indeed.

Even Candy has a Kulass, typical of Kula.

Im sure as shit not paying for someone's shitty OC DONUT.

Where were the western contests?

How come she has fanart already?

To the guy askeing about the japanese translation, how long is the novel?

Because that's not her. That's Seris, a character from Paladins.

Her being in the middle east really make me like her hood/hijab more. One might say that it was stereotypical but it just feels right to see towel-heads wearing their proper garb similar to how Nak and Terry wear their proper garb associated to their countries.

It's Seris from Paladins.
youtube.com/watch?v=9f71tgZXUe0

looks nothing like cecil from final fantasy

>read the gematsu article
>3 comments there at the time
>one of them saying "Just some mysterious medieval lady, can't really tell any distinct Arabian style there..."
>reminded that in the shitty EH article someone said that the designs were not western friendly
>also remember reading through the comments in the Mexican article that touched upon it's lack of popularity in the US one person mentioning that another reason that KoF wasn't popular was because they look like regular people in regular clothes/the designs were not memorable

It made me think, do people want walking stereotypes, whether it's of countries/fighting styles, etc., (in this particular case a towel head) or the typical overdesigned stuff with a ton of belts? On the other hand I remember seeing someone somewhere else mentions that it was a relief that she was different from Shaheen and Rashid. I'm genuinely puzzled.

Not popular in "western" countries, why would SNK give a fuck if they won't even give them the time of day? They seemed to do this because the company that held the contest was at least willing to work with them. Going by what some people seem to say about character design in KoF would you rather want a westerner's OC DONUT? An OC DONUT is an OC DONUT regardless where it's from, so how would one be worth paying more than another? Sure, we have a basic design and some of her abilities now, but wouldn't it be more prudent to make a decision on it until she's seen in action since she's Kuroki, Ogura and Oda approved?

>It made me think, do people want walking stereotypes
no, they don't know what they want

this does bring to mind that whole leonard chang's work being rejected by a "legendary editor" because his asian americans weren't "asian enough" as if there's some kind of precognition of what asian americans are supposed to be like, you know, me eat eggroll, me kimchi, me love you long time, me mispronounce l's and r's, me asian woman can't drive wwwww, me wear rice hat and work in asian market all day

it's really stupid and arrogant of especially white people to act like they know what nationalities and cultures are supposed to act like as if someone behaving outside those boundaries is unheard of

people in general have no right to talk about that shit like that, like no true scotsman's fallacy