/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Gears edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues, as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues/182
youtube.com/watch?v=3w6ksBh8GtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for JABBA ;)

And those chickens finally gave me some eggs, so I now have maids!
Didn't expect them to be so breathy.

I'm using vivecraft, yeah, on a rift

Is there even any point in adding Binnie's Mods to your pack for BEES if you already have Gendustry and Magic Bees? The compartments look nice but everything else doesn't seem very useful.

Binnie's mods includes an inane amount of additional bees, and what are essentially clones of gendustry machines
Frankly it's bloaty as fuck

so how long do you guys usually stick to a world for?

fucking neato desu

About two months, save for one that I continually add on to for years

Until I end up jumping to the final release of the next major revision, usually.

Nice.

That screenshot gave me some inspiration for another room for my dungeon.

what mod will make me not lonely

maids

got any recommendations for ore-gen overhauling mods?

CoFH Core, write your own.

Custom Ore Gen seems pretty powerful, and its default configs for a lot of popular mods are decent enough.

>write your own.
What if I don't know what ore distribution I'll like the most

A swordsmaid, a shearing maid (because they can stop creepers from exploding), and a maid to keep me fed. Lovely little companions, though having them is really driving home the fact that I don't have a house.

Also I found this while clearing out the one branch of the dungeon

why aren't reikas mods used more in play? I really like his mods

DragonAPI is cancer. Also he's a furry.

unopimized cancer by an egomaniacal furfag with terrible programming habits

The fuck are these niggers doing

cult stuff

what would need to be added to vanilla for you to consider playing vanilla?

A modding API and the relagation of all non-sandbox content to official mods.
Minecraft is better as blocky garry's mod.

Well they should knock it off, I'm not equipped to evict them yet.

Don't worry, you'll be doing the same thing soon enough.

Sure, but I have maids and therefore the moral authority to do whatever I want

making them official mods doesn't mean vanilla.
when people say "vanilla WoW" they don't mean "without client mods."
I'm asking what would have to be implemented to the actual core game for you to want to play it without modifying it. assume it runs well too.

This place is gonna be a BITCH to navigate.

Is there a mod other than chromaticraft that adds forests with colors across the spectrum?

>I'm asking what would have to be implemented to the actual core game for you to want to play it without modifying it.
All my favorite mods.

Nothing.
The core game is better as an engine to build content off of.
Pretty much everyone but the retards at mojang already agrees with this.

>what is this faggot tree.png

Mods just do everything way better than Mojang could ever manage so it's tempting to just list off mods Mojang should blatantly steal from. Buildcraft and a good magic/adventure mod like Thaumcraft or Chromaticraft would be nice. Throw in some cosmetic mods like chisels and bits and some QoL mods like JEI (way better than 1.12's recipe viewer).

Even that's not enough because modded can give us those mods and much more. But if vanilla had those I would consider calling vanilla good.

The entire point was for you to list them or parts of certain mods you would want added.
you could have just not posted, friend.
what you are saying implies that even if minecraft had every feature you wanted in your current modded playthrough, you still wouldn't play it, solely out of principal.

Most modpacks include more than 100 mods so there's a lot of content that vanilla lacks that can't be made simple but I guess I can try.

The problem with vanilla is that the modders justify their lazy work because they don't want to leave the comfort zone and just implement a few things from whatever aspect of the game since they are completely aware that most players will either be satisfied with the breadcrumbs or will install mods to fill what they can't be assed to do.
That said, I think that vanilla lacks:
>Building blocks
>Decoration blocks
(barrels, crates, furnitures)
>Pregenned structures
>More ambient mobs
>Primitive tech
>Easier building tools
>Less dull biomes
>Better caves
>Stop trying to convert Minecraft into an RPG
>More interesting combat
The trident seems to work on that
>More mechanics
Like forging or leatherworks

Even doing things like reskinning chickens into ducks or pigs into boars would make the game feel less of the same yet they can't be assed to actually work on the game. That's why vanilla is shit, and most realize that as soon as they get tired of it and try some mods and that's when you can't go back.

>current modded playthrough
I have like 6 playthoughs going concurrently across 1.5.2, 1.7.10, and 1.10.2 nigga
Mojang cannot feasibly add infinite content and the ability to toggle, tweak, and configure subset of said infinite content, independently of each other, which is why it needs to be handled by third parties, never minding the fact that mojang is exlusively staffed by retards.

>you could have just not posted, friend.
That's basically the distilled opinion of most of /mcg/, you think this is the first time someone's asked that?
Nope, done to death, just like every single other thing that has to do with vanilla.

why do you think mojang hasn't added new decorative blocks? It's so fucking easy and a great way to pretend you did more work than you actually did.

I didn't ask why modded is better than vanilla.
Lots of games can be good without the ability to completely change what they are on command.

Succ this /mcg/

Minecraft is a sandbox, not an RPG, the point of it is that you make your own fucking goals, you make your own purpose.
A sandbox can only get stronger the easier it is to change up the nature of the sandbox.
Conversely, adding things that make it harder to change the nature of the sandbox is bad.

You're a fucking faggot if you don't understand this.
When you play with lego you can just follow the instructions, you can basically play warhammer, you can make mechanical computers, you can build amazing replicas of architecture, or you can do literally whatever the fuck you want.
Your only limit is your imagination.
Minecraft should be the same and making vanilla more "game" impedes this.

Retard

>why do you think mojang hasn't added new decorative blocks? It's so fucking easy and a great way to pretend you did more work than you actually did.
Because they don't even need to pretend to be working since kids will fall for the bait anyway.
At least the 1.14 update looks interesting and decent, if they manage to keep the quality of next updates at the same level they wouldn't be that mediocre

There was mod like this a long time ago.

That was purely cosmetic. Mojang is actually taking it as far as letting water flow through shit.

finally

>tfw no nu-horizons server

>1.14
did they already release 1.3?

Half of /mcg/ would die if they saw the new Bricked Blast Furnace recipe.

show me.

I really wanted to play on the last server we had, but everyone just wanted le singleplayer with chat.

also the infinity shit should be disable, it sucks all the fun out of endgame.

I'm liking where this is going.
Proper reccom dungeons?

>2018
>still no furniture update
why is this allowed?

Why make furniture when they can just let the modders do it? Then get paid for literally doing nothing.

>Then get paid for literally doing nothing.
False, they're constantly making the game worse, aquatic update aside (looks promising, at least by vanilla standards).

give me a good resource sink that isn't as dumb as dragon dildos

>worldpainter requires a constant internet connection
What the fuck.

>Electro-Magic Tools, an addon that mixes IC2 and TC4 for some reason
>it adds elemental compressed solar panels
>you can make this aer solar panel that makes 25 EU/t if you're above y=160
>or you can make this ordo solar panel that makes 30 EU/t all day anywhere
I don't think this mod was very well-planned

Color-coding the maids!

>That reference
I love it

What hardware and headset are you using? I'm a poorfag but mincecraft in VR would really be cool.

On an unrelated note, my world is boring and there's nothing to do, what mods can I install to give more sense of adventure and give me a reason to go exploring the world?

And now a helpful little miner maid. And then playing around with their IFF crashed the game, lol.

Oculus Rift with Touch controllers, two sensors in a front-facing configuration. amd 6300 for processor, more than enough ram, and a gtx 970. Rift bitches at me that my system isn't recommended specs, but it's whatever.

Roguelike dungeons has been pretty neat so far

How do you actually use vivecraft with mods? Last time I checked they want you to use the shit vanilla launcher. Haven't found a way to make it work with MultiMc. Also holy fuck did it make me nauseous last time I tried it.

They would have to actually fix their ID system, so they let that aside for years. 1.13 will fix it and they will add a lot of stuff.

Step one: build your modpack in multimc or le twitch launcher
Step two: the vivecraft installer lets you point the profile it creates at a custom directory, so you can point it at the minecraft folder in the instance.
Step three: stomach using the vanilla launcher for the thirty seconds you have to.

I've heard rumors of the multimc dev adding some support for how vivecraft does things but you'd need to look into that yourself.
As for nausea, free movement is super bad for that in minecraft for whatever reason. Use teleportation, and sitting down when easing yourself into trying free movement.

>stomach using the vanilla launcher for thirty seconds
I'd rather kms desu

Unfuck literally everything.
>Inventory clog and storage: backpacks that aren't gated behind the End, storage drawers, etc
>Awful passive mob AI that makes companion animals useless: Doggy Talents/Sophisticated Wolves, etc etc etc
>Worldgen: RTG, others, or just improve the custom preset options (why can't we customize cave generation???)
>Maps. Bibliocraft atlas
>Fix MC-2025 so my villagers stop clipping into blocks and dying randomly on chunk load
>Fix the villagers. They have painfully primitive AI, can't defend themselves, and zombies seek them out to kill them from 60 blocks away
>Stairs and slabs
>Performance: Optifine, Fastcraft/Foamfix, etc
>If you're going to make skulls a rare drop, and required for beacons, maybe don't make it even more grindy to find them by having regular skeletons clog up the spawns. Wither Tweaks for adding bow-wielding wither skellies instead
I've probably got more but those are the vanilla issues that piss me off the most.

>minecraft subreddit pissed at the future off-hand changes and several people saying they are sticking with a version and never upgrading
At last they truly see.

I hope they'll stick with 1.12.2 but I know retards and modders are just going to move on to the latest memevers that has absolutely nothing to offer and only downgrades vanilla.

I mean you can get the entire "Update Aquatic" right fucking now by just installing Biomes o' Plenty and Just a few Fish for fucks sake.

They are, but at least 1.13 has potential to be a bit more annoying to update to than usual. Probably not on the level of 1.8, but not as easy as the usual version.

>bored of 1.7.10
>1.10.2 has a decent selection of mods, but it also has annoying combat and but starts to drop performance rapidly with mods and closer to end-game you are
>1.12.2 has nice QoL features, some neat new mods and slightly better combat along with much better performance, but doesn't have some of the 1.10.2 mods I like

LIFE IS PAIN
I HATE

I was in the same boat last week.

I just stuck with 1.10 and its shit performance. It has pretty much every mod I used in 1.7.

No, but 1.13 is getting snapshots, and is looking like a 1.8-tier shitshow for mods

MCA
Custom NPCs

Yes, and that room was a bitch because it's 5 stories tall and has 40 exits.

page 10

>tfw the only things keeping you from playing 1.12.2 is no Railcraft/Traincraft, no Shincolle and worst of all no fucking RTG.

I just can't play shitty vanilla Worldgen anymore. Everything looks like ass.

reminder that you should worship page 10 and the ded

>no Railcraft/Traincraft
check out Immersive Railroading
>no RTG
What is taking them so long? Either way, try OTG+Biome Bundle, perhaps.

Quark's realistic worldgen is ok

Why does iChunUtil collect information :(

because jews

So Immersive Railroading is already out? Fucking nice, what are some mods I could play with it that arent the same from 1.7?
I'm thinking on IE + Petroleum + Railroading, Quark, Doglamoo Cities, C&B, Wallpapercraft and its probaly going to be about building and low tech stuff (any good low tech mod I should add?)

>Immersive Railroading
nani
Also get super circuit maker, compact logic circuits but using C&B

I'm not too good with redstone but I guess I can steal some design from reddit and make use of the mod. it's not on the direction I want the pack to go though.

but why would anyone go past 1.7.10?

post your comfy winter cabins

>tfw toxicjunglefag never finished his tour on that old serb
I'm still waiting and excited to see more from this one.

>[score hidden]
>HEY STOP DOWNBOATING!! shows up whenever you hover over the down arrow
This shit will never stop being hilarious.
Please stop the reddification already Veeky Forums I don't want to see you go too far in that path

NEI that is actually responsive

Is there a way to add more blocks to optifines dynamic lights feature? I have some blocks that I would like for to give away some light

It all went to shit when /pol/ gained popularity with the alt right. When the place goes to complete shit we'll have to leave for 8c or futaba.

take your meta and/or politics to /qa/ and/or /pol/

as far as I know its just based on whether the block gives off light when placed, since it automatically works on modded lights

but it starts its dynamic lights if i hold a piece of glowstone dust

A bit late, but More Dyes

Im not promoting that shit

github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues/182

Are there any modded base tours you'd recommend?

I just watched Reika's and it makes me wanna see what other people have done.
youtube.com/watch?v=3w6ksBh8GtM