/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efEVHQQIbIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tameem

Reposting

So what's the general consensus around here about world? I haven't seen to much about it and haven't played monhun since 4u, but I'm getting that itch again

>49 minutes to kill 138 Gore with a Hammer

>Uragaan now now has a subspecies, a deviant, and a cousin
>Barroth only has 1 subspecies
>Duramboros only has 1 subspecies
>Jho only comes in stock, angery, and extra angery
>Brachy only comes in stock and extra thick

What gives
Why do capcom like him so much?

I'm pretty excited. The beta will tell us all that we want to know I'm sure. Besides a PC release date

removed gunner armor/10

So if you can roll out of potion use in World, would that mean shitters could just end up burning their entire supply in no time if they're not careful?

Because he is best boy

Yes, gonna enjoy konchus taking away potions too.

Yes
HR very fast meatdog with incredible hihg number of claws will surely excel at this

BETA BOYS 19 DAYS

>jho only comes in stock, angery and extra angery
Wait there was something else besides normal and savage?

enraged stock jho is just the same as default savage jho, so there's just three levels of jho, one being shared by both

You forgot about Apex Jjo

Gore is a huge HP sponge in late guild quests. Like Jho. Or maybe I'm just used to the easy grind of 140 Teostra and Rajang? I don't know. Either way Gore takes too long no matter which weapon you use.

Didn't really want to count Apex, since that'd count all Apex and I don't want to give Apex Gravios that luxury

I'm sure my problem is I am just too shit, not the design.
Worst thing is I have around 1k hours spanning all MH games yet I suck such massive cocks

NOBODY CARES ABOUT POOPYSTATION VERSION
PC DATE WHEN?
WHAT'S THE HOLD UP CAPCOM?
GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!

Are those Uragaans brothers? The Uragaan brothers? Hmmm... ?

Goddamn it user, just shut the fuck up.

That's supposed to be a lot..?

Will World have guild cards?

Yes?Surely enough time to become good player

>get kicked for no explanation seconds I join the room
why are rajang rooms so full of autists?

Did it say "strategists needed" or something like that? Was the host using a lbg? You may have entered a hame room.

I have over 900 in 4U alone, and I still have a fuckload to learn. You don't become good at MH, you just travel down that road.

theres no insurance in 4u???

Nope

No, time to learn positioning user. Welcome in Monster Hunter.

Speaking of insurance, is moxie percentage chance?

>Surely enough time to become good player
enough to be a half decent player sure, but 1k across all games isn't much at all
Immediately I can tell you I have 700 in 4U, 150 in X, and 200~ in XX. I know I definitely have over 1k in FU alone. Across 3, P3, and 3U, it's surely over 2k at least
And I still only would consider myself above average.
What exactly does your resume look like?

it says "the strongest dang ol' dragon that makes even gods darn tootin'"

It's from a quest description apparently, I googled it and found a japanese wiki where it says that alatreon's and dire miralis's questgiver describes it that way.

Anyone wants to play 4U?

Surely you're more than "above average", experience is usually the most important factor in MH.
That said, the average isn't high to begin with.

>Even tha gods fear dat shit

It always works once, but you'll get killed by fire or poison attacks due to the DoT anyway.

1350 on record/1600 in reality but I don't always save the game after a session anymore in 4U, probably around 500 across a few saves in 3U, about 100-200 each in p3rd, Gen and XX and I started FU but didn't like the lack of QOL and the hyperaggressive small monsters so I didn't play it for long. I can predict and execute stagger interrupts out of most animations by feel with fair accuracy, roll most roars if I'm giving the game my full attention (sometimes I'll still jump the gun and roll too soon), know almost every monster's elemental weaknesses and weakspots for each raw damage type and element by heart, don't have to count or set a timer to know when teostra is going to nova, but I'm still shit overall. I mean, if I'm laying back and casually playing the game I'm not necessarily investing enough attention to do most of that since I may be listening to a podcast or something at the same time, and I have off days like everyone else.

Blanche has over seven million hours just in 4U and still has off days too, I know because I've seen it. Time means NOTHING. Well, something, but not as much as in some games where after ~500 hours you can expect to be pretty much perfect.

It only works if you're above a certain amount of health when you get hit, 60% iirc. Other than that it works once per cart and yes, damage over time and combos that don't knock you down for wakeup iframes will still cart you.

Nope. I can't call myself good in any good conscience.
I still get hit by things that I shouldn't get hit by and then rage like a baby for it.
I can't say I've mastered any 1 weapon, though maybe that's because I use every weapon.
My clownsuits are often janky and unoptimized out of laziness, or some cookiecutter build that i conveniently had the charm for already.
Ammo material management makes my brain hurt.
It's entirely possible I'm just not that good at the video game, but I've managed to make it through G rank solo every time (with the exception of Gog) so at least I can speak for that.

Hugs!

>I can't say I've mastered any 1 weapon, though maybe that's because I use every weapon.
I use every weapon but I feel like I've pretty much mastered three of them I'd say four but GS doesn't count. Just hang in there, bud. It'll happen.
>My clownsuits are often janky and unoptimized out of laziness, or some cookiecutter build that i conveniently had the charm for already.
Nothing to do with skill, true skill is being able to hunt naked and still do well anyway. Fashion should be a priority though imo.

You're good enough for my halls, anons

>check ppls guild cards
>zero gunlance and bow uses everywhere
gross

Host and I'll join.

Bow is the only weapon I havent played on hunts(not counting arena or training) in any MH game.
Gonna try it out in World.What should I know beforehand?

>bow without mega dash juice
user...

It means a lot, user
I'm still too scared to join /mhg/ rooms

>What should I know beforehand?
CRITICAL
DISTANCE
If that's even a thing in World anyway. I imagine they probably increased the windows gratuitously to compensate for terrain and AI

I haven't seen any gunner gameplay in World yet. Is there still screen shake?

Honestly, unless you got newcomers wanting a hand then you'll find most people are reasonably decent at the game at worst. What goes on in the rooms isn't like the threads.

People here talk tough shit but they're usually pretty good to hunt with

Wtf is up with frenchies and their random mixed sets with no skills

Baguettes can't into math.

>needing crutches
french are the most skillful hunters around

Using skills with IG is cheating

mlem

Literally ran into a guy with random armour pieces, SOMEHOW got 8 in a skill but for some reason had random gems
He then carted 3 times on the quest he posted

Armor is a crutch.

make 4u rooms pls

Is this a good set? Saw it just now on a host who 3 carted to regular Steve.

Could Rajang learn sign language?

>dragon atk +1

I can never tell if these people are making these sets as a misguided attempt at a joke, or they actually don't understand how counting to 10 with skill points work.

Only this one.

Kecha seems more likely

>G-rank gear
>This guy is in g-rank

Yes, Rajang actually know it, it simply don't want to communicate with you.

>Creator Talisman OOO
>TeamLeader +5

XX Room?

No. 4U room is better.

I dunno, I suck but I can take down GQ Gore in less than 15 minutes unless I fuck up.

Kecha has giant hooks for fingers

I've only ever met one cunt in /mhg/ rooms who was actually an elitist, and they were also the worst player in the hall all three times I played with them, so clearly they were trying to compensate for their lack of skill by pointing out everyone else's. Worst that's going to happen in /mhg/ halls is someone like MLX posting a CQ so you say sorry and dip. Most of the people that shitpost in the thread are either being disingenuous or don't actually play with /mhg/.

I'll usually find an excuse to leave if someone switches to SA though. I'd rather play with randoms using anything else than play with a otherwise good player using an SA.

>only 1 skill and its greyed out
>probably-hacked talisman that does not even contribute to his one skill
10/10 points in dragon atk

>whats the general consensus about that game that isn't out yet???
Hmmm

A 136+ Gore? Which weapon do you use?

>gotta hunt Rathian
>grab a hammer
>knock her up nonstop until she's dead
Best hammer monster.

>bring a GS
>kill her in three hits

>bring an LGBT
>dung bomb her and rf slicing
>one man hame

>bring IG
>sideroll between legs and head, alternately tripping and staggering her so she can't move

>bring Lance
>pretty much headlock her
>on the rare instance that she moves just counter it

>>knock her up nonstop until she's dead

There is no general consensus.
The game isn't out yet.
Stop being retarded.

Lance. It's very effevtive against all the Magalas.

effective*

>>>knock her up nonstop until she's dead
youtube.com/watch?v=efEVHQQIbIU

Anyone up for MH1 online?

>Lance
>effective
>in 4U
lmao

How important is Artilery Novice for CB?

well, maybe not for gutter trash players such as yourself

Any tips for soloing GQ Rajang and Chameleos?
I have this Rajang lvl 137 I can't beat no matter how hard I try, and my friends suck at fighting the hot dicc so they aren't really helpful, I could solo it with no problem until it hit lvl 137, now I can barely hit this faggot w/o getting hit by his easy to read, telegraphed attacks, so any tips against this faggot will be appreciated. I mostly use GS with him but I can use other weapons like SnS or Lance to deal with it.

Now with Chameleos my problem isn't that I can kill, my problem is that I can barely kill it on timetime, last time I fought it I spend 45 mins killing it, any faster strats against this HP sponge? I use IG btw

Have this Rajang crying for the lost of his brother.

It's a 1.3 dmg boost to phial damage, so It's pretty important to get the most out of your AEDs

Forgot to add that my Chameleos GQ it's lvl 140

A great player with Lance is still less effective than a mediocre player with IG.

But how much does phial damage contribute to AEDs damage, without Artillery Novice?

Cham needs a lot of dragon or at least fire to kill it fast. Don't even think about going raw only. Look at the bots dragon db set for an example.

but still effective.