Classic WoW General /cwg/

logical vanilla faction setup edition

VOTE IN THIS BLIZZARD-MONITORED SURVEY
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc64CYad2GpAVvH6yEl-mLd2NBlCnKeIASA8mTrRwjJQ5usDw/viewform

clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=668429222

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

classicwowtalents.appspot.com/index.html?talent=11215875_8
classicwowtalents.appspot.com/?talent=11215875_8_8r532320122d1c05043230112051300
youtube.com/watch?v=aXCP-ONKCOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

new fresh 1x server WHEN!?!??

when Gummy finally releases the source

You have 30 seconds to name the most infamous player of the original vanilla WoW time.

Gankally
Undead rogue of redridge.

finalflash

our guy Swifty

Were locks or shadowpriests better for AV?

Seems like a good place to dot everything up and shit out a billion damage

A hunter and mage shooting through the hills was better.

>Closed survey still in OP
Yeah fuck you too.

You think you do, but you don't.

locks do mass pvp much better

First one is now my favorite because of this 10/10 art.

post nude version

Exactly what I was thinking too

doesn't exist, normie shits

As a destro lock i completely dominated AV on ely, i bet affli would do even better with endless resources via sl.
Shadowpriests are very good at pvp no matter what, sw:p can literally kill most of classes, av just boosts it because there are no pesky melees fucking your shit up.
I don't remember her as blood elf, was it in TBC?

Reminder this is the best pvp build for mage

patch 1.1 is objectively the best version of the game

>Random stuns and unavoidable perma slow
wow pvp sure is fun and skillful

>1.12

>no shatter

think she had that model for a very short time in either wotlk or tbc pre patch

wow look at this hot 3d polygonal model wtf I hate classic wow now and I want to play retail for more attractive 3d models

post what you would do so I can call it shit
classicwowtalents.appspot.com/index.html?talent=11215875_8

The point is the classic version is a reused night elf model while the modern version is a dark ranger as it's supposed to be

same desu.

Is this supposed to be trolling or some fucked in head mongrel mongoloid actually played mage with that kind of skill tree

classicwowtalents.appspot.com/?talent=11215875_8_8r532320122d1c05043230112051300

here you go senpai.

no improved wards lmao you dont know how to talent

wow lore is trash

unga bunga
vanilla should be an official funserver

there nuting wong wid my pawadin tankgin as gudd as warior

DURID IS FOR FITE

Cata > MoP > Wrath > Legion > TBC > Classic > Draenor

>bothering with fresh when official classic is around the corner

I'd consider suicide as a legitimate option if I had this shit of taste.

>paladins shouldn't be able to tank or dps as good as other classes
>but they should be able to heal as good as other classes

???

>Defending WoD

Angwe

r-tard....

I never played vanilla, started in cata. I'm going to vote in that blizz monitored doc 100% changes. I don't even want to play the buggy, trashy mess. Waste of time, waste of resources that should be going to the next expac, instead you nostalgia glasses retards whined enough to Blizz. too bad, because you can BET they're going to change a whole lot, losers

C O R E C R A F T

F U C K I N G

W H E N
H
E
N

I agree

Light's hope core has come pretty far since the nost launch 2.5 years ago.

>memecraft
Never. playTBC.

Not even going to (You) that garbage bait

TBC=Classic > Wrath > A pile of feces > Cata=MoP > Legion > Draenor

I feel really sorry for people who missed out on the classic trilogy.

Nice try faggots I'm enjoying 100% scripted Felmyst

false prophet
gummy WILL save us

I feel sorry for bad players who tried to do Cata's content but since it wasn't face roll easy anymore they had no choice but to go back to TBClassic private servers

>"B-But Cata was good for one whole patch!"

Only gays play paladin and only gays heal.

correct

how do we come back from this?

TBC = Classic> Wrath > MoP > Legion > Cata > Draenor

>Ugh sweaty you played a watered down version of vanilla
>btw can we have lfr lfd flying and x15 like I have a family and a job I can't play on this game all day
Ah yes...

i breezed through it and don't understand your question
looks like a positive post for 1.1

work on your attention span

purist keks literally on suicide watch desu. is /ourguy/ Alex going to make a video on this?

>Making shit up to cope with your nostalgia fueled anti-logic bullshit

wow you made it senpai.

>purist keks l

All twelve of them?

>"I know for some people change is scary, but it's possible that change is what you will enjoy more, you just don't know it yet."

Truer words have never been spoken. Based dodgykebab is right isn't he?

youtube.com/watch?v=aXCP-ONKCOc

Just by looking at the oomkin tree, it looks like they were designed to dot shit up and melee bosses until they could get an omen proc for a free starfire

Stop trying fellow retailcucks, the nostbulls won before and they will win again. There is literally nothing we can do about it.

(You)

dodgykebaab seems like a trustworthy guy, maybe he's right after all? we thought we wanted it but really we should just stay on warmane?

You losers are going to be BEGGING for changes once you realize how dull real vanilla actually is.

i want 1.1 where there are barely any quests and you have to grind 55-60

Nostalrius used 1.12. patch and it was 99% just like retail Vanilla so why can't they just do that for Classic wow?

Because people who pretend to have played 1.1 want to show off how hardcore they are

nice meme

what are you supposed to look forward to then

TBC and Wrath?

that doesn't make any sense

>asmon wants 1.12 just so he doesn't have to spend longer than 30 minutes in a raid
""""""ourguy"""""""

Only people who had an active account during vanilla should be allowed to play classic

based

nostkids BTFO!!!

Only if I can have a TBC server like that.

Wouldn't I feel alone there?

/ourguy/ asmongold is going to get every rare mount, title and achievement on Classic wow. he already said he's going for scarab lord for the black scarab mount.

>he already said he's going for scarab lord for the black scarab mount
>gets annihilated by a single autist sniping his stream
I bet he won't even make it to 60.

He's going to play on a PVE realm.

So just camp his mobs instead?

> He's going to play on a PVE realm.
that guy was tagging his mobs

sheep his mobs, tag them before him

One feature that retail has that I don't think people have considered could be useful for classic is timewalking

What if your gear and talents changed to a patch that the content was made for when you stepped into an instance? I think it'd be cool but way too much work and just annoying for players

I'd prefer it if they just rebalanced the game around the strength of talents and gear of 1.12

Big fan of Funhoofs.

Can you at least pretend to have read the post you fucking mongoloid

I sold my 2 accounts during WoTLK trial of the crusader patch.
But.
I have my fucking bank statements of the game purchase and subscription costs from 2004-WoTLK due to back to back IRS audits and having to keep my shit printed.
I get to have my cake and eat it too.

redpill me on why class balancing, aoe looting, improved graphics and other necessary changes are bad

grandpa... what are you doing here?

there's no reason to trust that blizzard will introduce positive features without eventually wanting negative features

false dichotomy and kneejerk reaction from people who never touched retail vanilla and whose first private server was Nostalrius

Ysho of Eonar

i was just kidding to lure you out, i hope you are just like me and pretend to want any changes at all (occasionally). ive been doing it for a while now