>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>item db
grimtools.com/db

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>updated resist reduction doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>map
the-maphack.com/index.php?page=2&lang=en#1

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/RZRAgXvV
youtube.com/watch?v=VnZQfTZ121Y
grimtools.com/calc/4ZDOERBV
grimtools.com/calc/L2JmGPaN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grim Fashion

*blocks your path*

Like night and day, back to shredding mobs again.
jesus christ I can't read
One more question, I keep hearing about how nuts Dying God is. Would it be worth dropping Ulzuin's Torch & Candlestick to spec into it?

dying god is a special case for kriegs dk because you can make use of all 3 high end constellations in that corner while still having a decent buildup to them. It's probably not worth getting at all costs, but if you can add another good constellation in and have 3k+ OA at level 100 then it should be worth.

is this game fun to play solo? no one i know owns it and no one ever joined my multiplayer game i hosted.

it's actually designed as more of a singleplayer experience. "Fun" is a very subjective term but if you're gonna like it then you're going to like it as much in singleplayer as in multiplayer

It's fun singleplayer or co-op with a friend or a few friends.

Playing with randoms seems lame though.

alright, neato. i was thinking of playing either this or trying out PoE again since ive been in the mood for a diabloish type of game. any recommendations for a first playthrough?

fist fightan grappler class when?

New nemesis is wrecking me, I'm just 91 and still in my 85 set gears. Advice please.

When Storm Spread triggers, would each projectile be a fire strike (like when the marauder's talisman Volley triggers)?

If so, then i'll get it.

there are 4 new ones, which one do you mean?

Is he right /gdg/? Does Inquisitor need to be nerfed?

Grava'Thul, the voiddrinker
This is on elite.

>I got all the way to warden and bet him withing 1 hour without any risk of dying even once
>Every other character I've died at least 6 times (with at least 3 deaths against the warden)

Fuck me these kind of people are why we have to deal with the term softcuck. Why does someone that's that shit think he can say anything about balancing in this game.

>stupid damage with just 1 point in both runes
So he's playing on normal then? He sounds bad either way, seeing as Inquis and Necro were both largely mediocre on release and needed the buffs they've gotten.

Guys, big talk - what is THE most powerful sword and board death knight?

there literally is only one with only very minor adjustments between the single versions

is anyone else getting a lot of greens that are missing either a prefix, suffix, or both?
ive been noticing it a lot since the recent update

>every other character i've died at least 6 times (with at least 3 death against the warden)
the absolute state of shitters. jesus christ

Looks like it'll be fixed soon

Well, he's obviously the epitome of a softcuck, but I'm not entirely sure he's wrong, albeit in a different context.

Rune of Kalastor is kind of disgusting if you're tanky enough to live through the arming period. It does fuckhuge single target damage, and is /relatively/ easy to optimize for, with how convenient it is to stack cold damage and resist reduction.

Is it going to get a nerf though?
Fucking lol no. Nobody seems to know how to fucking play runes, so nobody is going to whine for it to get nerfed.

Err, Hagarrad. The ice rune, not the retarded fire rune. That one is trash.
I should go to bed.

Anybody tried Horn of Gandarr? How does it look? I wonder if it's worth building around as there is not much item support.

Who is your favorite deity?
>captcha: ... homestead

Well it goes up to 70% weapon damage in a massive 12 meter aoe at 22/12, I don't think anything else fills that niche, right?
So you could probably use that gimmick to apply mass resist and (non-elemental, it already has lots of that) damage reduction via weapons.

Doesn't seem worth it for the gimmick though, since it's only 70%. The damage goes up to 745-984 lightning, with the associated item modifiers, which I guess is kind of okay on top of weapon damage?

It just seems to be a significantly worse version of War Cry.

Has anyone found the sekrit quest in Fleshworks yet if you keep the Hargate's Formula?

Hmm. The damage seems decent enough for such a small point investment. The Weapon Damage scaling is nice, but I don't see how you would get enough flat damage to actually make it matter as Codex of Truths is blocking the offhand (could drop it but the DA debuff is pretty juicy). And even on Ultimate Rank it's a bit too weak to apply a weapon debuff I guess. I've been considering to use both Wyrmbone Mask and Codex of Truths with the Allagast Set and making a Lightning/Aether Mage Hunter. Storm Box for more -DA which also gets Resistance Reduction from the Allagast Set. Trozan's Sky Shard for another cooldown based spell and focus on CDR with Star Pact and Aeon's Hourglass. Spear of the Heavens is also very close and deals the same damage types. There's also Devastation and Callidor's Tempest. Thoughts?

Throw in an Eternity Relic.
Looking at the way the skill works, would it be safe to assume that "-n DA" on any other sources stacks with the already tacked-on reduction by the codex? Normally it doesn't stack, but now you have the same source on the same skill, so that should work, right?

M. Invoker's Shard has a pretty high chance for a pretty high reduction.
Nature's Harvest has 10% chance for a mediocre reduction, but can go in both weapon slots.
Silvercore Bolts can go in the offhand for another 30.
Venomfang weapon prefix is kind of garbage unfortunately.
Plaguebearer's Master's Spellblade with Mark of Dreeg maybe? You'd probably want a second one in the offhand, since they stack.

...or does DA need to have the same duration to completely stack?

This all seems kind of meme, but almost stupid enough to work.

Invoker's Shard's DA reduction only applies to Panetti's.

No we are not going to spoonfeed you the gear you need to create on gdstash
Fuck off and play the game.

Alright. I threw this together as fast as I could so bear with me if I made choices. I'm very concerned about survivability. Didn't take a look at MIs so there might be some good options there, but that would only make the build harder to complete. Could this potentially work? I barely played casters and never reached Level 100 with any of them.

grimtools.com/calc/RZRAgXvV

What's the one?

Name one bad combo involving Shaman
Shaman is the best class in the game

>tfw no mythical gutwrench eviscerator
I wanted to make a pierce/bleed build and it would have been perfect

shaman/nightblade is pretty lackluster, but will survive the end of the world

But even then it's not bad. Again, shaman is too good.

Does horn's reduce elemental damage stack with Warcry's reduce damage

No, only the highest one is applied. War Cry will still reduce all other damage types if the reduction from the Horn is higher though.

Good nightblade combos?

the moment i felt what it was like to be on the other end of the stick

I wonder if a nb/occultist acid & poison build would be viable using autoattacks

please respond, I just want to kill shit really fast and dual wield

Nightblade and uninstall wizard

you faggot give me an answer

Not that faggot, but soldier is probably your safest bet
Just go for huge pierce damage (Blades of Nadaan constellation will help a lot with this) and probably Oleron after that

It's actually what I want to roll next, but haven't put much thought into it yet

Soldier is a safe choice, but a little boring. Inquisitor or Necromancer would work too.

Nightblade/Shaman for massive bleed
Nightblade/Inquisitor for cold/frostburn caster I guess

lmao
just dodge dude

The attack did damage far beyond the actual vision. If anything, the devs need to fix the visuals in the game.

Does nightblade/necro work for melee or nah?

looks like he was right on the edge of the aoe when he got hit the second time, but the aoe size wasn't fully represented initially
still, i don't know why you wouldn't attempt to move when relatively slow projectiles were coming at you

Hardcore + GDStash = master race
If you're a softcuck or think GDStash is cheating, don't bother replying.

proc

leave

So do people really play this game with a controller?

>the average hardcuck is a shitter
poetry

what's a good way to build a non-retaliation tank that doesn't have abysmal clear times?

>ask for gaming mouse for christmas
>have to stick with lc, mc, and a mouse wheel until then

>>>>>>""""gayming"""" anything

If you go Soldier+Shaman you have a bunch of Health and Armor options, along with defensive options like Wendigo Totem, War Cry, Overguard, etc. They also are pretty well supported item-wise, with you likely being able to go Phys, Bleed, Lightning, or a combo of the three. Blade Arc+Savagery Warder seems to be popular.

Get a fucking job

>no right-click

user, what have you done?

oh yeah, I knew I forgot something

Whats that?

Beronath 100% Conversion to Physical + Fully Upgraded Flames of Ignaffar + Assassin's Mark Devotion = constant stream of flat physical and internal trauma damage with massive physical resist reduction and obscene energy cost

Good idea? Bad idea?

Might work and it recently got buffed. The problem is that the skill is probably still underwhelming and you will have trouble reaching ultimate ranks as all the item support is for Fire Damage, Elemental Damage or Chaos Damage. Beronath actually isn't necessarily needed. Visor of Octavius, Platemail of Octavius and Spellscourge Vanguard add up to 68-102% (85% on average) Elemental to Physical conversion. As the Helmet is crafted you should be able to get a very high conversion roll on there if you craft multiple. It's pretty expensive though.

How's the scaling for Flames of Ignaffar? Is it one of those skills that scales much better at ultimate ranks? Or is there a soft cap?

forget scaling, the range is only a little farther than melee

do you really have to use gog galaxy
they posted some 54MB 1.0.2.1 to 1.0.3.0 patch on the website but items have not changed like patch notes say

Scales better, but the energy cost also goes up even if it isn't nearly as bad as AAR. Honestly the skill ranks probably aren't that much of a problem. It's just that the skill feels pretty shit. Like AAR it burns through your energy and you have to stand still. The range is shit and it doesn't deal enough damage to justify all that. Doesn't help that a significant amount of the damage is DoT which gets refreshed all the time when you keep channeling it so the effective damage isn't really that high. I guess you could use it periodically to make better use of the DoT. I just don't like it. Dropped the character I intended for it rather quickly. Maybe it gets better at high levels. The fumble debuff on Endless Flame is probably pretty nice.

I think the biggest thing that Crate could do to help out AAR or FoI builds is an item that extends the distance of the skill by a meter or a few. The fact that Flames is barely better than melee range is severely limiting it.

no, other classes need buffs. except soldier.

cold spec does

channel builds are fundamentally the worst in terms of mechanics
>stand still to cast
>suck up mana
>spells, so no scaling from weapons
firstly they shouldnt suck up mana, cos thats just stupid, but i dont know how to fix the other 2.

Especially with Inquisitor's Shield, standing still to cast isn't that big of an issue. For Flames, depending if you go Demo or Arcanist in that combo you could get a few skills that'll keep you alive well enough. If you're going for an AAR build it's a bit more difficult though. The last one would be fixed by itemization. Things like adding weapon damage to the spell, adding flat damage, adding range, adding utility (like the Dark One's gloves giving Bloody Pox a reduced enemy damage modifier). That's what'll help the channeling builds out.

>Especially with Inquisitor's Shield, standing still to cast isn't that big of an issue.
if you mean inquisitor seal then hahahahahahaha

yeah I meant seal, mixed it with Blast Shield since I run both on my Fire Strike Purifier

items can work, but there are already channel skill item sets but they dont solve the problem. the problem is the skills themselves, they need improvement

Add passive effects that increase in power the longer the skill is channeled?

not a bad solution but can the game do this?

Why not? Something like Savagery stacks.

savagery is an auto atk

acid or poison witchhunters have been a thing for a while now. there's usually a tier below spellbreaker if you go shadowstrike and cold based blademasters if you go autoattack, they were also super squishy. That was pre-AoM though, if you wanted to make a witch hunter now i'd suggest doing a demon slayer set, vitality based phantasmal blades build. it does so much fucking damage
youtube.com/watch?v=VnZQfTZ121Y

Arcanist is the classic. Soldier was great and is now good. It might be great again after the next patch when Ring of Steel will use both hands to calculate its damage.

What's with all the runes on the official forums?

you wanna buy some death sticks?

inquisitor cold rune build

Yeah so I went to sleep. Anyway.
>Frozen Core
Frostburn doesn't convert to aether, does it?
>Callidor's
Bad skill without a fully optimized build, unnecessary
Switch to a Seal of Skies in the offhand, use that for your leftclick if you really, really feel like you need it.
>Maiven's not maxed
>WoR not maxed
Yeah no wonder you're worried
>Legendary pants
Switch to a green or yellow with resist affixes if you need them.
>no Chariot
Changed devotions around a little a lot

grimtools.com/calc/4ZDOERBV
Health still isn't comfortable, DA isn't high enough to really be relevant yet either, but it'll probably live long enough to do things in softcore I guess.

Alright, so I finally made it to ultimate without dying or getting bored of a build. So now what? Do I utilize the increased legendary drop chance of ultimate and farm something easy like Krieg or Crowley? Do I go back to elite and farm rep for better augments and potentially gear?

grimtools.com/calc/L2JmGPaN
Most resistances are fine. The lack of poison resistance is easily solved by respeccing points into Aspect of the Guardian. I just got Avatar of Mercy from the final quest, hence the overcapped vit resistance with vit resistance components. I can use those slots to fix my chaos and aether resistance.

69 in ultimate? Do you not have AoM or did you skip it?
You should pick augments you want and go get the reputation for them. Even if you think your resists are okay, jewelery and weapon augments give a lot of support and damage.
Your resistances are not fine either. The difference just a few % makes is more than you think.

Thanks! That does indeed look a lot better. I knew it wasn't going to be a particularly good build, but I like the idea and it's much different from everything else I have played so far. Funny how it originally started as a build based around Horn of Gandarr, but now it's heavily based on Arcanist. Still missing the Shoulders and the Chest Blueprint from the Set and the other Ring, Amulet and Medal. So I'll have to farm a bit more. My Stormbinder has the highest possible conversion roll though and all other rolls above average so that's a pretty nice start.

I skipped AoM on elite.
I suppose I should max my resists with augments. I'm not that for off anyway, atleast I wasn't. I managed to destroy one of my rings instead of the component on it after my post.

So I did some calculations to see the effect of OA reduction on chance to hit. The tldr is that 100 OA reduction is worth 120-135DA, depending on how much the enemy has. It's worth less against stronger enemies. Against a 1500 OA enemy the ratio is ~1.35. Against a 2500 OA enemy (I think this is Ravager's OA) the ratio ~1.25

With overcapped Blood Boil (-245 OA), Wasting (-350 OA) and Rend (-150 OA) it's a total of -745 OA, which approximates 900-1000 extra DA based on this x1.2-x1.35 range.

These values aren't affected by %DA of course.

Some values for reference:
OA = 1500, DA = 3000, PTH = 43.15, PTH with debuff = 11.08
OA = 1500, DA = 4000, PTH = 14.21, PTH with debuff = -18.02
OA = 2500, DA = 3000, PTH = 75.65, PTH with debuff = 52.14
OA = 2500, DA = 4000, PTH = 47.64, PTH with debuff = 23.43
OA = 2500, DA = 5000, PTH = 20.40, PTH with debuff = -4.21

There might be some other stackable OA debuff sources I'm not aware of

ulti is better for general farming you can run hives over and over. elite is better if youre looking for something that drops from an mi

Throw in another -80 from M. Eye of Beronath, and a potential -70 if you can reliably crit with Seal of Annihilation (although that one is kind of limited to bosses/heroes that don't immediately die I guess)

I don't consider Blood Boil to be that great of a skill. The OA reduction is strong, but I don't see overcapping it to be worth it, just for the sake of it. You're running into a compromise between increasing your DA by a lot, or equipping some otherwise useless item that just happens to have a boost to the skill.
Also, DA becomes surprisingly easy to boost if you have enough +% sources. Although not everyone will want to equip Untouchable + Citadel I guess.

Also see Ravager of Souls has 24.8% hit chance versus 5248 DA in Ultimate, so calculate his OA again.

>horn of gandarr
seems worthless skill without modifiers from purples

If that's the case then his OA should be 2850, but that looks a bit suspicious. I think this could have been his OA after Veil of Shadow (-180 OA at max level, more realistically -150 OA at level 14)

Where to farm manticore eyes?