Suppose you had around $600,000 in the bank

Suppose you had around $600,000 in the bank.

Would it be smart to buy a flash car (not TOO expensive of course), in order to persuade the gullible public that I am of high class and prestige so as to increase respect? Could it help with getting contacts too, I mean, nobody wants to know a broke boy, but when you got money, everyone is social.

Pic related, planning on getting a BMW i8 for that reason alone, if that is a bad choice I'm open to suggestions.

No. Just buy a cheap reliable car.

Ingvar Kamprad, one of the richest men in the world, and the founder of IKEA,

* drives a 20 year old Volvo
* uses both sides of paper
* pockets salt & pepper packets at restaurants
* buys second-hand clothing

I, personally, have more respect for reasonable frugality than for some yuppie in a flashy car.

When I see you in your i8, I'd ask myself what you're compensating for. If you were truly talented, there would be no need to "impress" with superficial materialism, unless you're an actual car enthusiast and you would buy the same car in a hypothetical empty world where you're the only inhabitant, just for yourself.
But I doubt you would do that.

I would buy a car and put a BIG DICK on the driver seat.

I read about him. Look fucking lame if you ask me, I know "nice cars" are materialistic and such, but isn't it the massage that it puts across that matters, especially now adays?

That being said though, it can put across one of two messages:

A) "Oooooh he's rich, must be smart and hard working"
B) "He's a fucking loser who spends his money recklessly, lets never hire him"
>cheap
>reliable
Pick one

Well I guess it comes down to opinion then...

I don't see anything wrong with having a flashy car, as long as the owner isn't a fucking dick, which I hope I'm not.
I don't understand

>A) "Oooooh he's rich, must be smart and hard working"
>B) "He's a fucking loser who spends his money recklessly, lets never hire him"
Get a upper-end limousine or sedan, not an ebin racekar.

Honestly I would buy a mid size sedan

I8 is too childish.

Lots of billionaires and millionaires drive simpler cars

Warren Buffett has an XTS, etc

Those cars are just useless toys made for rich manchildren.

your gonna attract gold diggers and ppl who want to use you.

your gonna drain money faster than you can make it with that attitude.
if you wanna attract good clients.
do good business. period.
the numbers speak from themself.
and you buying a depreciating asset is NOT good business acumen.

Get a continental, or one of these

A used S class with medium mileage is 50k but everyone and their stockbroker has an s class

If I had 600k in the bank I'd invest it and wait about 15 years. Then when I was in my mid-40s and I was too old to impress anyone with my looks, I'd spend the money to get the flashy car, and then live off the other 2 million dollars for the rest of my life.

This.
600k is far from enough to be that asshole who throws money around him.

Wait until you have 6 million.

Maybe buy some flashy decent clothing and a watch, only for occasions in which you need to act.

Otherwise dress like a poorfag. The truly rich look middle-low class and wear cheap watches and drive good average cars, when they drive.

thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard

either do it and see what happens or stop larping

I can't believe people actually think like this. No fucking wonder you're poor.

>with that attitude
Its not an attitude, its an ideology. The idea that having a nice car = the result of a hard worker, hence giving off a good impression.
Thats what my worry was, 600k really isn't all that much.
Fuck off

600k is nothing. chump change kid, throw away. legal fees.
to be blunt with you, your really not even "in the game" till you have 100 mill +

something like an upper trim Honda Accord would probably be a better bet
shows that you're not poor, but also that you don't fall for the flashy car meme

>Its not an attitude, its an ideology. The idea that having a nice car = the result of a hard worker, hence giving off a good impression.

Ideologies were invented to keep normalfaggot normie cattle like you working and compliant.

Only poorfaggots think that by buying flashy things you get more recognition

>deminishing marginal utility

Get a mid level European car.

Toyotas are cheap and reliable

no need to spend more than 10-20k on a decent used car

This.

You can get a 2015 MANmaro for 11-15k.

If you wanna go to the expensive route. You can get a 2015 Corvette, a.k.a The Pussy Wettener for 45k.

Depends where you live. In some areas a nice $70,000 BMW could set you apart. I live in Beverly Hills and you see million dollar lambos and Ferrari's being driven all the time it's nothing special

I bought a car for $3500 and it's still running over a decade later. It's only ever had minor problems.

A buddy of mine has a gf who does high end makeup and nail stuff, drives to client's houses (those 1M - 5M mansions). She had to get a used 323 bmw to appear respectable and charge them a shitload of money. So in that case its justified.

If you just want to impress some 20 yr old sluts downtown, no its NOT justified. Rent if for a weekend instead dummy

If you truly need the car for 'work', whether it's because you work in an image based business or whatever, then see an accountant, buy it on credit, write off the costs as a business expense.

Don't tie up your cash in a car, use credit, write it off for 'business' use, lower your taxable income, etc. Also read millionaire next door, it answers your question.

Not saying don't enjoy your money, but you shouldn't pump more than 2 - 5% of your net worth into a car, they're liabilities, not assets. Get your net worth up (you have 600k, that's like 1 flip away from your first 1m), get passive income going, then enjoy the car or whatever.

Get a Lamborghini Aventador and then make bank off giving rides at childrens hospitals.

I had tht car dont get it

Wait for the new Porsche

Its like the bmw but is classy, when i had tht car i had sluts on me but connection would think im some rich kids son, now im driving a porsche i get both

Who the fuck buys drugs in an i8 buy a corolla for that shit wtf

Get a Tesla Model S P100D, goes like a rocket ship if you wanna impress bitches, yet looks classy to business people and you can play the saving the environment card. Porches, and BMWs are for people who can't afford them but want to look like they can.

Suit yourself, but I'm antisocial. I'd rather be alone than hang out with a single one of those 'social' assholes. If you want douche friends, buy a douchemobile. You'll fit right in.