/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Mg65k3Lggg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ded buran
Buran never dies!!

Stop hibernating

Niet

Patiently waiting for Serb

I love you

Guys what does burning cum smell like? Do you think my mom will notice it when she makes breakfast tomorrow?

>image is called "shutup.gif"
>the word "up" clearly leaves the man's mouth first, followed by "shut"

She hasn't before son
Bump for cool engineering shit, also what is the best game if you want to build cars?

Light a booger on fire. Same thing.

>when the grilled cheese clang

>what is the best game if you want to build cars?
gmod acf

GMod with wire/ACF is good for cars

D-Delete this at once!
server when?

Damn that looks cool, I've played Garrysmod since 9 yet I've never seen this mod before. I'll post some screenshots if I get anywhere

Never, /egg/ hates GMod because it's full of kids and CLANG

>never seen this mod before.
I see you're of the darkRP crowd or spamming ragdolls caball.

The server system of GMOD is difficult to use and tempermental. I'd run a server in the background if I could be asked to waste a full day of my life for shitters that want a hunger bar mod.

>I see you're one of the darkRP crowd or spamming ragdolls caball
Nah I just never saw garrysmod as a valid platform to make vehicles, sorry you're such a brooding faggot that you have to point fingers at things you know nothing about

>at things you know nothing about
> I just never saw garrysmod as a valid platform to make vehicles

Hi kettle!

It's not srcds?

>srcds
Hasn't been for a long time, sadly.

That sucks. Srcds was super easy to use!

Seablock update

(tl;dr - factorio challenge mode where you start on a single block of land in the ocean and have to bootstrap everything from scratch, with all autism mods all the time)

Factory still looks like shit, but it's completely automated now. Comfy grassland production is go at the bottom right. Converted my bioreactors to produce CO2 from coal instead of wood pellets: I get less per cycle but more per pellet, and each liquifier can get its own slow furnace instead of having to fight for every input.

Next up: reorganizing my metal production at the bottom left so that the metals are balanced, shipping byproducts back to the main factory and setting up a proper bus for science and circuit production. Gonna automate solar panel production because this flakey over-unity magical carbon cycle craps out every time I fuck with *anything* and it takes a shitty night with all the power off before whatever buffer I emptied fills up again.

Fixed font. I should have used it when I first made it.

While I'm posting: what good are sulfur and purified water? I have shitloads of those from my metal production and I'd like to put them to good use, but there appears to be no good way of looking up what recipes use an item.

You are doing CLANG's work, my dude

I'd suck your dick. Full homo.

>ecks dee upboat!!

Exams are over, now I have time to focus on what's *really* important

What is this

Are those legs on an engine?

The visual representation of an adult human going through a mental breakdown in slow motion.

+311 Demolition x4
+249 Elimination

Still doing some tinkering with these little buddies. Right now they cost 11k and can deliver a single tactical nuke from space. Still looking at improving:
>maneuvering (maybe adding in LUA guidance)
>cost
>maybe payload, not sure

Cutaway for those interested. I have way more power than I need, not sure if I should remove some engine to save on cost or improve capabilities.

Reddit pls go

Install FNEI
You should probably just void purified water, it's simple to make if the recipes haven't changed. Sulfuric acid is probably something you should fill up a tank with because it's used late game a lot in bob's for circuitry and modules and things.

Excellent

My first work in progress. Almost done being made, but, I'm pretty sure I'll end up adding pistons and whatever it is that makes shit turn while attached to the ship.

Has anybody else noticed that the OP has stopped waiting until the image limit is reached or the 800 reply count is reached? I'm pretty sure the OP has been stolen. Also there is a game I'm pretty sure doesn't pass for engineers, inside the OP list.

>Also there is a game I'm pretty sure doesn't pass for engineers, inside the OP list.
care to share my man?

>those graffix

So this image is actually a plan I decided to scrap. Instead, I realize that because of my lack of resources and designing skills as of this moment, it would be more efficient overall if I just built an on sight station. The design would be something that would allow for a nice load of ore to be stored, most likely a large station cargo container. This would only be a temporary station and would have drills that drill into the dirt around it without destroying its own foundation, obviously. I would use a cargo ship to take cargo back and forth between the temporary large cargo container and my main cache of resources with refineries and assemblers.

What do you guys think?

Also the OP spends an entire day posting messages and images while talking to themselves. I know this because there aren't an increase in unique replies on the thread when this happens. It's around a time that wasn't normally active before and thus, I will assume it's just the OP trying to force the image limit and 800 message cap, even though they never make it before just making a thread. This will create a problem when the other people who OP these threads decide to make new threads at the new image limit and message count the new OP is using for the past two or three threads it seems.

Are they the cloud gaming shill?

I saw we were on page 10 already and I didn't want to ded without a new thread ready to sko
Also I forgot to put Corneroids back on the list after some phagsycian removed it, it's back on the pad for next time.

What game lets me engineer magitec devices for removal of youkai fucking shits?

if you go and look at the last Lathland's FTD series he's made a simple nukecraft that's even cheaper

Where do I pirate CoaDE?

Someone throw together a link where every sound is replaced with loud nigra and every texture with grilled cheese.

So say I were to have a gmod serb running with a password for only this secrit club, what mods would you want running on it?

yes
very yes, in fact
use lots of rotors and pistons for aroundabase drilling

very clever. now you can stop

Strangely, I didn't expect everything to go as well as it did.

Wiremod
Stacker
AdvancedDuplicator
PlayX ( For building tunes )

Off the top of my head that's all I can really think of, I haven't done alot of engineering in gmod so I can't think of many others

ACF

Any specific flavors or addons you want or just vanilla?

Easy enough.

one problem, I can't seem to connect my drill piston to the large cargo container via connectors. The piston doesn't transport through it unfortunately. Does anybody know a solution?

A good map

Is the top part of the piston constructed? looks too shiny

I know you are on lowest of low settings because cloud and saving bandwidth/computation power, but tell me what fps/ups are you running
ctrl-F11 shows you some bullshit, if you click it enough times it shows fps and simspeed

youtube.com/watch?v=0Mg65k3Lggg&feature=youtu.be

b-but that's cheating, oniichan~

you sure about that? i have a server that i run once in a blue moon that uses SRCDS

/egg/ discord when?

Go ahead call the police

Where's the /kšpg/ discord

flying benis :DDDDDDD

Not the DongCopter/10

Make it yourself ding dong

you don't know what you are talking about, do you?
you don't appreciate the blissful freedom anonimity brings
you don't despise electron and all it entails
the cabal is not pleased

discord is cancer nigger
fuck off

and you, you can fuck off too

Electron was a mistake as was discord. Discord is cancer and kills threads.
This

this is absolutely brilliant

>vaguely not dead /egg/ games
>REM
How can a game be ded before release?
It's not even stillborn.

it should be removed next OP (in favour of corneroids, some brainlet removed it few deds ago)

don't forget hearthstone

Corneriods is back in the op pasta
What was the verdict on terratech again, someone added it to the pasta without saying anything in jej.
Was it not worth tagging or not actually /egg/?
I forget

/hsg/ went crying to mods like pissbabbies, can't do that any more.

Current year is shit bring back neetfleet

There was some discussion about it
It's voxels, it's physics based, is on another planet. It's plug and play, it's almost foolproof, it's singleplayer only.

Good night /egg/

>terratech
mildly /egg/, imo acceptable to discuss, not worthy of a place in OP

ANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

fuck off punch you're a faggot
ilu bby

Is it good yet?

Add dream car builder to that list

Wrong pic

>Wrong pic
Oddly enough, it works.

pic good