obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20150518060630/http://agdg.co/
youtube.com/watch?v=sU-76k4OMIM
youtube.com/watch?v=0QFBOyDlH3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

remember to just like make game

Give me ideas for something I should 3D model for practice.

a mug that says agdg

Is rotatedev really back?

is c-kun really back?

Is anyone making a game?

Did agdg.co steal our logo?! Bahahahahahaha

I was, and it was going to be an amazing game, but then I was tortured to death by normies for no real reason

Is anyone devving on a netbook?

Of course not he just thinks nintendo will throw themselves at his feet due to his game being "mario styled"

I am.

Are you blind? The logos look nothing alike.

This was our alternate logo like two years ago

Who here comfydevving?

I think it's more likely that we stole theirs

web.archive.org/web/20150518060630/http://agdg.co/

They stole it

Where can a programfag with no ideas go to pitch in for a project?

As in freelancing/contract work?

Naw, I just want a side project to build up coding skills. I work as a software dev but I don't get a lot of opportunities to really explore

>try to install C++ tools for Visual Studio 2015
>it's fucking Windows 8 dev tools
What IDE am I supposed to use to develop C++ applications in Windows 7

You could write scripts and such for existing engines and sell them(or free). A lot of people who discover unity don't want to actually program but would rather asset flip or drag-and-drop

codeblocks with gcc or clang, personally i just use gcc with msys2

>Godot 3.0 beta to be released November 20th
>haha, just kidding, it'll be released eventuallyâ„¢

Reminder that adding a hub world will make your game 10x comfier

If you can't even figure out how to use your tools, I can't imagine you're a very proficient C++ dev to begin with.

Got my blanket around me and changed my wallpaper to a nice snowy town for both monitors.
Also made okayish progress today, fixed a bit behind the scenes and finally got parent shit to work around these destructable walls, so collision works with them but they also break on contact of a bomb rather than the explosion only.
ignore the shitty break animation, I just used the same one as when you kill worms

>start a project and then stop devving for months because life interferes
>start new project when I have the time again
>rediscover the assets from the old project and realize that I still really like the idea
>now torn between the two projects and I jump between them not being able to decide which one deserves my full attention

That does sound interesting.
But I was just thinking of helping some person/artist get their idea off the ground

If youre new what makes you think you can get something off the ground?

At best you can make content or do busy work

Write small mobile games natively. Spend a few weeks at most on each one.

You there, right now, do some push-ups and jumping jacks.You don't want to die from a blood clot before you finish your game.

What is your game, user? Looks neat.

show us both

It depends, I'm not new when it comes to software development or resource management. You do have a point in that I probably could not carry the entire development on my own, but if there's someone that needs content, or a module, or just an extra pair of hands..

>making action game
>accidentally make protagonist's moveset so ludicrously overpowered it's not actually possible to balance
>torn between rolling with it or removing some of the fun to make the game not stupidly easy
fuck

Literally not at all what you said. How did I not get that?

Thanks, Google was telling me to use Eclipse and I'd rather kill myself.

If I'm asking for an IDE to use then I'm obviously not a proficient C++ dev.
Actually thinking I should probably stick to C#/Monogame for prototyping anyway, but it'll be good to have a C++ IDE on hand.

Anyone who told you beta would be released today was misinformed or lying. The master branch was pushed to beta today. No new features are being added. It's all bug fixing and polish now.

I guess I didn't explain my background too much, I have experience as a dev, and I used unity for a school project, and I have work experience managing juniors and interns. Aside from that I am pretty new I guess

Anyways I'll look into finding ideas for myself, thanks for helping me thus far

make it one hit death.

If I host a demo of my game on itch.io but sell the full version on another site, will people find this strange? I can't use itch.io because of where I live.

youtube.com/watch?v=sU-76k4OMIM

how come a popular youtuber hasnt featured your game on their channel?

guys that started way after you are already making it and you're still sitting there ;(

>crazy strong moveset
>super agile so you can dodge anything if you're good
>die in one hit
This would basically be the video game version of One Punch Man

Fuck you're telling me. I have to sit on my ass on the floor in front of my tv to dev. I get pins and needles nearly instantly. Good for promoting excercise, bad for actually getting anything done.

Oh you used unity in school? So youve worked maybe for two years at most. Yeah you don't have experience at all actually. Idiot.

They would think it was strange because itch takes a really low cut compared to Steam or Gog, so most people wouldn't have any reason NOT to put a game on it for the minority of people who prefer buying there.

gues its... time to give up

I'm confused as to what you mean, but thanks none the less.

have an image to cheer your spirits,
but don't have any cheery spirits.

don't listen to the vim memers, they're all using youcompleteme and thirty other plugins to turn it into an IDE anyway. if you're making 2D stuff you can prototype it easily with SFML or something

Requesting ideas guy, I repeat, need backup, requesting ideas guy.

I'm creatively bankrupt on what game to make next. (2d btw)

2D FPS

3d platformer

3D

Lol. Niggerpham is at it again.
>>>o/18242498
Crossboarding fuck.

Name and shame. :^)

no, i don't care, fuck off

>he fucked up the link
How fully drunk are you

fuck off nodev

DO FAGGIT

Reek just... hush.

What if I can't get paid in my country from itch

fuck you for making me manually put in a slash

fuck you for making me read that post

>not that guy but off the top of my head, probably a hardware issue. emulation is shitty because computation power isn't like a bucket of sand that you have tons of of or not a lot of -- things are computed in very specific ways. Some computer equipment simply isn't built to handle that sort of calculation.

>Why this is the case has to do with literal physical engineering -- physical chips can be optimized better than code for specific operations. It's why video cards outpace CPUs for video performance.

>A modern PC can calculate anything given, and the key differences are the time it takes and how many levels of interpretation the problem and solution have to go through. But in early computing, things were much more rigidly defined, on much more rigid hardware, and not all of that hardware is still known nor has all the known hardware's engineering leaked, nor are there enough nerds who still care to understand or fucking reverse-engineer the known engineering. Some do exist, but please consider the capabilities of disjointed nerds on Discord and Github versus corporate-paid design teams doing 9-to-5 AND 1800-to-0800 shifts.

>Anyway, the tl;dr is that to make the calculations that might have been trivial before is non-trivial now, and the way calculations were made at all may have been lost entirely over time.

>Even modern emulators or modern consoles suffer from this; That one star wars X-Wing game on Gamecube is considered a holy grail of GC emulation because it has never, ever worked right. Wind Waker is a close second, because Nintendo is known for making games that never crash or fail graphics despite all other broken-ness, but WW was unplayable on Dolphin for a long time. It only became playable fairly recently, like in 2014 or something.

Can someone please re-write this for normal people who can read and write and aren't drunk? This is all nonsense.

Reek. Nobody cares.

It took you 3 hours to break. You held it together so well man. I've been watching your madness out of pure curiosity. You mentioned Veeky Forums the other day so I thought, what the hell, I don't like cars but lets see what you, the schizo lunatic is doing over there. Sure enough, you posted that car gif then started samefagging yourself when you didn't get any responses. Do you realise that noone over there even knows what the fuck source is? You did it in two separate threads. I'm genuinely intrigued now. Have you been diagnosed with personality disorders? You have all the hallmarks if a true schizophrenic and I'm genuinely worried for the safety of people around you.

yeah it roughly goes to "dolphins are good to rape"

wtf

>implying I'm reek
Reek is reek.

You're a retard for fucking up the link, but he's an even bigger retard.

>not that guy but off the top of my head, probably a hardware issue. emulation is shitty because computation power isn't like a bucket of sand that you have tons of of or not a lot of -- things are computed in very specific ways. Some computer equipment simply isn't built to handle that sort of calculation.

>Why this is the case has to do with literal physical engineering -- physical chips can be optimized better than code for specific operations. It's why video cards outpace CPUs for video performance.

>A modern PC can calculate anything given, and the key differences are the time it takes and how many levels of interpretation the problem and solution have to go through. But in early computing, things were much more rigidly defined, on much more rigid hardware, and not all of that hardware is still known nor has all the known hardware's engineering leaked, nor are there enough nerds who still care to understand or fucking reverse-engineer the known engineering. Some do exist, but please consider the capabilities of disjointed nerds on Discord and Github versus corporate-paid design teams doing 9-to-5 AND 1800-to-0800 shifts.

>Anyway, the tl;dr is that to make the calculations that might have been trivial before is non-trivial now, and the way calculations were made at all may have been lost entirely over time.
>Even modern emulators or modern consoles suffer from this; That one star wars X-Wing game on Gamecube is considered a holy grail of GC emulation because it has never, ever worked right. Wind Waker is a close second, because Nintendo is known for making games that never crash or fail graphics despite all other broken-ness, but WW was unplayable on Dolphin for a long time. It only became playable fairly recently, like in 2014 or something.

He's even shitting on discord like he's not one of theirs. What a fucking shitter.

t. sourceposter

I'm pretty sure he's a diagnosed schizo, I think it came up years ago

what the actual fuck is going on in that post

Sourceposter is indeed mental.

The only time anyone says that name is when you turn up. So yes, I am not only implying that you are him, but that he is a creation of your fractured persona, which for some reason, you have a vendetta against. Its like clockwork man. The way you/he writes is incredibly recognisable. Seek help buddy. It can't be a healthy way to live.

what terry davis sees in his mind

So this is the face of untreated mental illness, huh?

You're right about one thing, I did create him. And my monkey shall dance for eternity at the bewilderment of all. It's wondrous :^)

You can't really treat schizophrenia, especially not if they're unwilling to comply

But it doesn't glow in the dark.

>[HISS]
Yeah your garry's mod map is totally a game. You can stop pestering /agdg/ now. Until I summon you again. :^)

I already replied to him reek. Now it's obvious you're just falseflagging me, the one who named you. You fucked up again :^)

D-danny?

c-kun...?

Lol. What a fucking full retard. Completely and fully and foreverially owned. :^)

hahahahahahaha

What the frick is ckun? I'm burrlito boy

>but please consider the capabilities of disjointed nerds on Discord and Github versus corporate-paid design teams doing 9-to-5 AND 1800-to-0800 shifts.
What did he mean by this?

T-travis?!

mothdan??

youtube.com/watch?v=0QFBOyDlH3I

K-kevin?

Unity Asset Store did this

Can someone please translate what the fuck he is trying to say here? It's complete drunken gibberish.

can't translate schizo ramblings

You realise that we can tell exactly who you are when the jannies sweep out your lunacy right? All of your posts linking to each other have demonstrated on multiple occasions that you are a single poster accusing himself of being someone else. As much as it amuses me, I feel bad for you. You must lead a very confused existance.

this, it's mental illness. nothing in that post makes sense.

>he has pictures of rotatedev saved
That's pretty gay bro.

i just googled, it's not like he's not been completely doxed

Sure thing bro.