clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Ride Fast into the Night:
mwomercs.com/black-lanner

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

All the MWO Models:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6jNciIE36F8
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=589&l=1b766da38cadde6e665c41915dc1f2205cd5ae1a
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=14&l=caa71c2f925518cc33b88db3a3387869bc26423a
mw5mercs.com/
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=638&l=0426fdf180dbeecdc46f822ef856d5f5ce4c03a1
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=637&l=ce1406eeb9beb6e4636ad0eebe1cc3e5bb73f436
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=639&l=c4e9acebb398d675f543f12b52c9fc2124a5a81a
mwomercs.com/news/2017/11/1960-biggest-black-friday-ever
pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=569&l=ad815267dcf5da1a54e5435300c29b596478bcb0
files.catbox.moe/wlcxua.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Quad mechs when?

monopod mechs when?

Pretty good

Tell Haruko to add me on Steam I can't take it anymore I NEED Haruko RIGHT NOW.

Does this general accept turn based strategy? I found a pretty cool TBS / strategic layer (a la the new Firaxis XCOM games) Mech tactics game called "Phantom Brigade."

Sure, send me a message on steam

The requirements for this general are giant stompy robots.

>Phantom Brigade
Looks p. cool but is this perpetual early alpha/beta shit?

It's like, Phillip is so lucky he has something like this. He just doesn't appreciate it enough.

Dunno, you could ask in the discord, but it looks really polished so far. They say they want to release in mid 2018.

Yeah I just watched youtube.com/watch?v=6jNciIE36F8 and they mentioned they'll literally giving away alpha keys

>philip could have banged this
what could have been

>releasing very close to Battletech's supposed launch
seems like bad timing desu

I'm not really into mech games (and I have a laptop from 2012 to game on until I'm out of university), but I figured you guys would like it. Also, my hopes for the emergent narrative stuff are pretty high.

>tfw the campaign becomes an epic tale of revenge and betrayal between rival PMCs as soldiers come and go

I thought Battletech was a tabletop game, are they launching a videogame too?

>not really into mech games

GET
OUT

I don't really know what to do with my old Mechs anymore. They're busy collecting dust and it feels so sad to me.

I dunno, mechs seem to de-emphasize combined arms. I could be persuaded to play like, a setting where mechs, tanks, jets, infantry, artillery, etc all operated side by side, but mech games don't have that from what all I've seen.

Living Legends has mechs, tanks, hovercraft, APCs, artillery, VTOLs, and power armor infantry. Battletech is definitely a combined arms setting, but MECHWARRIOR games have an emphasis on you in mechs.

That being said, I too am an autist who enjoys combined arms warfare and "games" (walking and waiting simulators) like Arma 3.

yes, and its supposed to release early 2018. There was a kickstarter for it awhile back

>arma
>sim games

My melanin enriched relative

Living Legends you say? I'll check that one out alongside Battletech. Tbh I thought Battletech and Mechwarrior were the same thing.

What are some good builds you can run on annihilator that you can't run on a direwolf?

Real life ACs that aren't shit.

Well Battletech is an old man's tabletop setting. The TBS game coming out is mech-focused. Living Legends is a mod of Crysis:Warhead and it's free. Definitely a lot less players than MWO but it can be fun to zoom around in a TURBO hovercraft with lasers.

Have a read my man: sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

I'd play Arma with you but you have a toaster so yeah

is the high explosive skill useful at all, specifically if your running MRMs?

Yes

it has to be good at SOMETHING

Heavy Pepsi or IS ACs is all it does.

5UAC5 is really all the Annihilator is good for.

Too bad the Dire Wolf laughs at it with 8UAC2.

Is Ultragoldlet actually worth the money? I thought it was a meme build for huge memers.

8UAC2 is most definitely not a meme build. As for whether the whale is worth it, that's up to you. I don't own it but it's still going to fall victim to the other problems of the Dire Wolf, that being no quirks, no mobility, firepower only final destination.

If you enjoy the Dire Wolf I think the 8UAC2 one is one of the strongest builds for it, second only to gauss vomit. It also seems incredibly fun since it's literally the most dakka you can get in this game.

The only problem I had this time was I kept killing things, so I didn't get the assists until a Polar match.

Mostly killing reds, but if you really wanted that kill bad enough to get in front of the ATMs, not much I could do but watch them go boom.

Why did I get this? Can I/should I sell the Urbanmech?

Loyalty rewards, the Urbie is because you bought MC since the last reward cycle. Don't sell it, it's unique.

Weird.
So what does this thing do anyway? Doesn't seem like you can do much of anything with two missiles and three energy slots.

It's a light 'Mech, but Urbies are rather tough for their 30 tons. You'll commonly see them using a mix of MRM/SRM launchers + lasers for backup. Urbies also are unique in that they can torso twist 360 degrees- their upper body is basically a turret, turning them into a miniature tank in both armor protection and directing firepower.

I don't think you can sell it. And you got it for feeding the piggy by buying some MC in the past year. Join the club. One of us! One of us! One of us!

As for guild ... 2MRM10s and 3 MLs (or ERMLs). Or turn it into a LRM mech, or go with a MRM20 or 30.

Tell me more about the MRM Guild.

MRMs have some advantages. Respectable range, good velocity, very good ammo/ton.

On the other side, they're the most sandblasting missile type around- best against bigger targets as a result. They're also not guided missiles (for better or worse). If you want to spam barrage things though, it's great.

Which missiles sandblast the least, if any? Even IS SRM4s feel kind of scattered.

Are RACs for shitters or is this weapon actually good? Having 21 DPS for 12 seconds is amazing for me.

Better version.

I saw that in the last thread and saved it then posted the wrong one. Thanks.

All of them do to some extent. Mostly, you're compensating for it with sheer volume and raw damage.

Generally, the bigger the launcher, the worse the spread. Artemis does help a bit. SRMs can get around it by being viable at nosepicking ranges, but Artemis + lots of small launchers may be tight clusters, but expensive as fuck for tonnage and not worth it on SRM2s. Better to just use an SRM4.

How big is Haruko's cock?

About full-Pardo size.
Some say it's even portrayed in that one map in MWLL.

Skill Tree is annoying, I wish I didn't have to deal with this crap for every Mech and build.

I wish it was not American primetime

it's always American primetime :)

Are machine guns actually good? I feel like I'm seeing lots of LMG pods now.

Machineguns have a critical mass after which they become a viable zero-heat DPS weapon system.

Having just 1-2 machineguns and no or small quirks for them means you might as well not waste the tonnage on them. But once you reach a 6 of them on a mech, they suddenly start dealing a consistently high amount of damage to internal components and structure.

Nigger sphere can only get roughly 4-6 of them on very specific mechs, and they won't have good primary weapons to back them up. Clans on the other hand, have access to lower weight cost versions AND better hardpoint spreads, allowing lights such as the mist lynx, arctic cheetah or mediums like the shadowcat to REALLY stack the fuck out of machineguns to just cannibalize any exposed components.

Take the shadow cat hero, Mishipeshu for example:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=589&l=1b766da38cadde6e665c41915dc1f2205cd5ae1a

>7x light or normal machineguns for consuming structure and components faster than your opponent can twist away
>2x heavy large lasers for opening targets

Although, even if you can't get the magic 5+ of them on your mech, so long as you have other weapon systems to do most of the work, you can get away with having just 2-4 of them.

NEW STEAM PACKS WHEN?

any good awesome 8Q builds?

>ppc awesome builds

>HPPC + MPL version
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=14&l=caa71c2f925518cc33b88db3a3387869bc26423a

The heavy PPCs only generate 10 points of heat with those super quirks the AWS-8Q gets.

MPLs are mainly for when some faggot gets up close and you need to quickly get rid of them.

Then there are always the 3x ERLL 4x ERML, or 4x normal PPC, or 4x snub nose PPC builds.

RACs are an extreme weapon that forces fuckloads of facetime to get loadsa DPS.
RACs can spread damage immensely if there are convergance issues and no steady hand behind the trigger.

As such RACs only excel in specific mechs that have good facetank profiles and almost zero convergance issues, and tend to get mechs killed that don't.
Because of this Bushwackers (2xRAC5) and Marauders (3xRAC2 or 2xRAC5) are best RACboats by far.

RACs are also effective blinding weapons, as spraying a cockpit is going to fill their screen with explosions. I've seen disturbingly effective RAC+flamers/SRM builds.

Please stop making these types of posts Dudebot and Greg, thank you in advance.

You're welcome.

Where can you get that mechcon camo shit?

At mechcon duh.

but I've got a turdnigger supporting goyim package. piggy says I get the camo unlocked for 4 chassis of my choosing.

It's yet unknown when TSP owners will recive theirs. More info after mech con.

Keep those helmets flying CMDR o7

Any updates on the new Mechwarrrior single player game?

@196325401
kys?

>tripfag shows up in general
Well we had a good run.

Time to kys, pardner.

left the trip on from another board, let me try again..

*ahem*

Is anyone in this general keeping up to date with the new MW single player game? Is it still set in the Fourth Succession War?

3015. So third, not fourth. mw5mercs.com/ has pretty much all the info we have and on the PC gamer article . More revealed at MechCon(tm).

Mechwarrior 5 is "set" right before and during the 4th succession war, but will have little to do with it.

PGI are notoriously incompetent in incorporating any story elements, and their decision to essentially make randomly generated maps and missions the entirety of the single player story will be testament of this.

Should have a little bit more information in just over 2 weeks. Their yearly con act will be then.

>the days of cheesy B movie acting and melodramatic battletech drama are well and truly over

F

The franchise peaked with Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries I guess. It's a real shame, the IP has some real meat on the bone for some good drama.

Maybe we'll get some cameos from the Wolf's Dragoons pre-clan then. That would be fun.

Triple LB5-X Hunch IIC is fun. Fun!

COUNTDOWN TO BLACK FRIDAY WHEN?

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

>TNS-5P
>TNS-4P
>TNS-4S

Now that they've been out for a bit, what are some recommended builds for these?

IT'S UP!

>TNS-5P
Personal favorite build is either 2x MRM30 + 3x ERML/ STD-ML, or 3x MRM20 + 3x ERML/ STD-ML. Jumping and just shitting missiles on targets is the only thing it can really do. MAD-5D does it better, though.

Orion does the AC20 + SRMs combo MUCH better.

>TNS-4P
This one is pretty garbage all around. You can stuff in 2x UAC5 and some lasers, or be an inferior 4x ERLL platform, or an inferior 2x HPPC platform. It runs AC20 + 2x SNPPCs with a shield side, but with the Thanatos' humongous side torsos and no quirks, it will lose that weapon side in an instant.

>TNS-4S
Honestly the worst variant out of the bunch. MRM20 + 30 and 4x MPL/ ERML gives you SOME damage potential, and the spare tonnage compared to the TNS-5P build lets you put on an extra jump jet or something else to get a teeny tiny bit of extra mobility.

Only missile quirks ensure you either accept not having quirks and being considerably worse at every energy focused build compared to, say, a Grasshopper, or you slap on those MRMs and be inferior to the TNS-5P, which is much worse compared to a MAD-5D, or MRM orion, etc. etc.

Thanatos is fucking garbage, and the balance developer is a fucking nigger that deserves to get hugged by a dune baboon thats wearing a suicide bomb vest.

It starts in the 3rd SW, goes through the 4th, and apparently wraps up shortly into the Clan invasion.

Collectively, they're a bunch of missile-heavy options that lack everything appealing you could have gotten from the Marauder or Orion.

You can just straight up put triple LPLs on the -4P and just say fuck the quirks. It'll run a 325LFE+2JJs, ECM and near-perfect armor with LFFA and fits 18 heat sinks.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=638&l=0426fdf180dbeecdc46f822ef856d5f5ce4c03a1

The -4S? Again, IDGAF about it's missile quirks. HPPCs for the high energy mounts and poptard away.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=637&l=ce1406eeb9beb6e4636ad0eebe1cc3e5bb73f436

Comment

The -5P is so weird, I just say "stealth armor" and have fun being a fat ninja.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=639&l=c4e9acebb398d675f543f12b52c9fc2124a5a81a

IT'S ACTUALLY UP!

mwomercs.com/news/2017/11/1960-biggest-black-friday-ever

haha time to buy a very fast zoose

god dammit

Well, that exclusive warhorn didn't stay exclusive for long.

damn this sale is fucking huge

Is there a list of what robots are on sale for MC? Sadly, none for C-bills.

>mechbays will never be 50% off again user

pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/

Perhaps no longer a problem, soon.

>Uziel is still shit

I am saving mine until we see the patch notes for the new system.

Still waiting for another 90 days patch cycle since the last buff.

$100.00 MC bundle purchased, might get a second one before the sale's over.

Good, it's too awesome to not have a bunch more of.

I have 31 empty bays. I'm not worried about getting any.

Am I doing it right?
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=569&l=ad815267dcf5da1a54e5435300c29b596478bcb0

yep, you are.

files.catbox.moe/wlcxua.webm

>You can't just have Assault Mechs drop off a cliff. They'd take too much leg damage.

Uh huh.

Can any robots run 3 or 4 AC20s or LBX20s? That's all I want in life.

DWF could do quad lb20, if Pigger didn't cuck it's side torsos with locked heatsinks because of the ass backwards retarded omni mechanics they invented.