The moment warfare went wrong

The moment warfare went wrong

what do you mean? this is when it began to stop being retarded by stopping people from overpowering each other with nothing but numbers.

wrong

the big colonizer

it's always hard to get an appreciation for just how destructive nukes are from videos like this

get off the board

many battles were won without superior numbers

check out battle of yarmouk where it was 20k vs 120K

I assume that by "warfare going wrong" you actually mean warfare being blessed by glorious gunpowder artillery to cleanse the barbaric and uncivilized old ways.

you have issues with logical reasoning and/or reading comprehension. stopping people from overpowering each other with nothing but numbers =/= armies were unable to defeat larger armies before the invention of the machine gun.

dumb thread

my god could you be any more spooked?

>maxstirner.jpeg

Does anyone else find something terrifying about the machine gun?

For incredibly stupid reasons humanity went to war with itself and now you are being sent up against this machine that looks like something made to rivet girders that has been refashioned to end your life and the lives of your friends, some of whom aren't even in their 20s.

>Sherman blitzkrieg's the South into oblivion
>trench warfare at Vicksburg and Petersburg
>wire entanglements used at Fort Sanders by 400 Union soldiers to trap 3,000 Confederate soldiers and kill/wound 813 of them for 8 Union dead
>rapid fire cartridge rifles, Gatling guns, massive rifled cannons, ironclads, the usage of railways and telegraph, hot air balloons used for observation and fire direction
>European military observers see all this and go "pish tosh those silly colonials don't know how to fight war properly like us gentlemen"

No, you're just a big wet pussy

I find them to be beautiful.

>le liberals are scared of guns memes
it is not that, it is the fact that people like you and me actually had to go up against them

I'm not calling you a dumb librul.

Just one in a long line of inventions intended to make war so horrible as to render it obsolete (and failing to do so).

Though I'd argue the introduction of high explosives did more to dehumanize modern warfare than the machine gun.

>big wet pussy
What?

Ah, it's a "Civil War was totally like WW1 and not a dumbfucked variation of already obsolete at the time Napoleonic Wars guise!" episode.

>believing those numbers

>buttblasted byzziecucks

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl.

Machine guns are a meme. They actually killed relatively few people even during ww1, yes, even when people were charging against trenches. The real game changer was fast loading artillery, mortars and shrapnel granades. The wast majority of combat losses in ww1 were killed by artillery, not by machine guns.

I'm assistant machinegunner in my squad.

So no. I'm good with having MGs. I could do with an automatic belt loader.

talking of which - why the hell were people using TRENCH MACES?

Isn't a knife the better alternative?

knives get stuck, plus you hear about people surviving knife attacks with dozens of wounds. more likely to just break some bones with a fucking battle mace and end the melee quicker

the effect is probably the opposite when you are behind it

In the end it always comes down to the infantryman and his rifle

Not really though.

If resupply is crap, and the MG is jammed... maybe.

But nowadays the squad MG is usually chambered the same as the battle rifles - and if the MG runs out, you best start unloading rifle mags and start loading MG belts.

And this is presuming the shoulder fired nade launched is all out of both shrapnel and AT rounds.

But generally - at least in my unit the MG will carry a reserve of at least 3000 rounds, and the entire squad hauls ammo for the MG - because that's the weapon that will consistently repell any enemy advances, while the grenade launcher is limited to 6 rounds at best (as they are like 3kg each).

t. guys who have never went to war

let's point a machine gun at you or throw you in the trenches

>actual veterans in my country are overwhelmingly progun and GOP supporting
>nahhhh, if you REALLY knew about war you'd hate guns like me

t. nu-male

actually, atomic weapons put an end to major world powers fighting each other directly.

There hasn't been a single major conflict in the western world since the end of ww2.

EXACTLY.

IT RUINED WAR.

NO MORE EPIC BATTLES AND FIELD CLASHES. IT'S ALL JUST MAKING THIRD WORLD APES FIGHT FOR YOU NOW. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

>What are the Yugoslav wars

That's a problem with war, not the gun itself.

>fighting villagers with drones backing you up is """real war"""

T-Somali civil war veteran.

No, it makes war easier. Suppresive fire and then HE to close the gap are all you need.

>Balkan retards go apeshit in their reservation
>whole thing ends the moment US warplanes do a few bombing runs
>major conflict