/ng/- Nioh General

Kappa edition

Previous thread: DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

I unlocked Queen's Eyes in WotS, should I just jump to NG++ and come back to mop shit up later for locks?

caw

>should i come back later for locks?
No, every level past 210 or so nets you 4-5 (sometimes 6 if you're also putting the point in Skill/Strength). That's 500ish skill points per 100 levels after 210.

Only reason you should bother going back for locks is if you really don't want to 'waste' extra points in Dex/Mag but you should be able to get what you want with 30/30 (for the capacity cap) in each anyway.

>not adding more (embed)s

You had one job, user.

What's the most reliable way to farm cups that isnt boring as shit? I need that divine droprate.

I wish you got some glory if your revenant killed another player.

Reposting from previous thread.

Best stats for weapons that are easily attainable by reforging/tempering (max familiarity):
> Close Combat Damage 15% (20%)
> Familiarity Damage Bonus A- (A+)
> Change to Attack X A- (A+) - AA is possible but incredibly rare and i don't think you can roll it by reforging.
> Close Combat Attack K Reduction 20% (25%)
> Weaken Armor 17.9% (22.9%)
> Element x (x+5) - x = ItemLevel / 15 + 5, e.g. 150 = 15, 200 = 18
> Grace or Set Bonus

If you main Katana or Odachi you could also try for:
> Guard Ki Reduction 25% (30%) - Can only be rolled on Kat/Odachi and doesn't conflict with other Guard Ki Reduction stats
> [STANCE] Guard Ki Reduction 20.9% (25.9%)
For optimal blocking tankiness

after 3 days i finally finishes the high risk high reward mission after doing the first one
fug it was hard
got a lot of rare shit though guess it was worth

Ok then, should I just go to WotD and come back later if I'm autismal about 100%ing stuff?

honestly grinding revs is the most reliable way
the only other real option is getting them for joining and beatingco op, and buying them with the glory you get from it

who here
>upper stance axe alpha

>alpha
even odachi high stance light light heavy spammers have more skill than you

no idea which is op and which isnt i just made one up and it worked
is there any guide of what stance to go in each weapon with what type of armor etc?

Reposting from previous thread.

>no moonlit snow x2
>laughing odachi man.jpg

Is the dragon ninja kusarigama skin bugged? It keeps spazzing out on my William

>that are easily attainable by reforging/tempering

shiiiet ya got me

Sarutobi sure is a pain in the ass to farm for his funstick's text

Just starting NG+

If you unlock a transformation you can use it on any save, right?

>nippon says ohaio motherfucker
noice

That could be a feature if the Heike Clan was an option.
>Glory Earned by Revenant (+500)
>Close Combat Damage +2.5% per piece of Heike Armor equipped

What's the item level cap in WotD? I just did Isle of Demons and the itemization is all over the place

I've heard that it's worth it to level spirit to 100 as it will decrease the guardian spirit recharge time and increase the values of LW gauge refill. Is the difference noticeable?

What do I level?
Going through Way of the Strong with no specific build in mind.

pick one stat and go to 100 and then 200 in it
that's all that matters

Does anyone want to do a ton of co-op? I just wanna help people out and get some money, amrita and whatnot off of it. I'm on NG but can start NG+.

So you can reforge to AA- after all

Did they nerf Shiggy's hyperarmour since pre-release builds? I started playing recently againt and seem to have been able to break him just by constantly fluxing between low/high kusa light attacks, but he felt completely impenetrable back in beta/last chance demo and I had to dance around him very carefully.
Still, what a fight.

Max whatever the main stat of your weapon is

when should i start doing the abyss thing?

>Damage towards guard-break immune enemies
So does that mean i deal more damage to all non-human enemies since they cant be guard-broken?

Oh damn, was that reforge or tempering?
That fire damage though

after 20+ kills I'm starting to think I'm farming it in the wrong place or difficulty

Reforge and apparently it only works if you reforge 3 at a time. I sacrificed close combat damage and familiarity damage bonus and got those back through tempering afterwards.

>see this helmet in my inventory
>donate it
>it's not in the refashion list

you can refashion with it though

Interesting. Divine fragments i assume?

The moment you beat Queens Eye on WotN.

Yeah

>it's not in the refashion list

Whats a good place to grind souls? Im way too underleveled for Dragon in the North

>souls

Sorry, blood echoes.

Why are there more red clans than blue clans? I find like 2 blue bloody graves for 10 red ones

>blood echoes

colors change over time, but usually it's because whatever is red right now has the better clans for farming, exp, or whatever for a build

>people play in the winning team
Woah

Excuse me, experience points.

Whats the best female transformation

feetfu or cyclopsfu

Do you even have to ask.
My waifu is the best, you're waifu is the worst.

Reminder that Fuku is the best.

what if we have the same waifu
checkmate atheists

Maria.

Maria ofc

Two men can't have the same waifu, and I claimed her first.
Pick another, but remember that she's shit.

shieet dude, nice find

did you pay attention to how much is the ATK difference?

It's not a lot, but you might as well go for it before you run out of 3 or more slots to reforge.

why does this look so bad?

>xp

>Danjo
Hisahide was my favorite SW character

This is with Familiarity A+ and I think those two might be mutually exclusive. I'll try to reforge it some more

>tfw you can't transform into him
>stuck staring at him every time I go into the teahouse

Wait if I purchase the revenant skin do I get to keep my armour like the revenants summoned through player graves or will it be some shitty default set tied to that particular skin?

Jesus fucking christ i keep getting my shit pushed in the mission 'Invitation from the warrior of the west'
any tips?

You're pretty much naked. No armor, just naked corpse with weapons.

Thats fucking gay, why dont I get to keep my equipment if player revenant NPCs do? Real fucking nice.

parry, guard, dodge, guardbreak, no spamming
actually learning his moves

Roll into his Tiger Sprint/Iai.

HOW THE FUCK

Familiarity bonus doesnt show on the weapons attack i thought

It's not a lot for the AA-. The familiarity bonus isn't as rare so just keep that and reforge with umbracites for the CTA you want.

>Hisahide often appears as a shriveled and scheming old man in fiction. However, this is a fictitious image propagated in response to the assassinations and the destruction of Tōdai-ji that he was believed to have perpetrated. In truth, he was a tall, handsome, and educated man as well as a patron of arts>Hisahide often appears as a shriveled and scheming old man in fiction. However, this is a fictitious image propagated in response to the assassinations and the destruction of Tōdai-ji that he was believed to have perpetrated. In truth, he was a tall, handsome, and educated man as well as a patron of arts.

team ninja gettin it right and not falling for memes

i might go for this just because it looks better than single A

..... that made it so easy i dont even know how i died so much

how the fuck what?

I want that weapon.

Any advice for a newbie spear user on his first playthrough? I'm right before sekigahara with full red demon set, heard that I should switch to the set of the boss here next, idk. Mostly wondering the best way to play besides quick in-and-out attacks.

Run around the rock.

Whats a good build and set of armor for a Odachi? They look fun

I have not picked up any armor from revanents besides warrior of the west past level 40

if anything this just makes it harder

you should because the damage is much better and has good synergy with his spirit which is the best one in the game after Kato.
it's heavy armor, though.

It's so fucking annoying, but at least I know that only HALF of kusarigama revenants are not clad in that piece of shit.

Wait till you get to the DLC or NG+, you'll be getting nothing but Red Demon.

I was curious if I could do cheese it like that, and abusing the AI's inability to anticipate attacks while they go around a corner, he ate quite a lot of heavy attacks. Plus you can throw/shoot over the rock.
For real though, it's way too tedious for a serious tactic.

Just craft and look for the starred Iai effect because you can reforge/temper everything else. Make sure there's nothing important on the inheritable slot so you can get Futsunushi on it

So speaking of kappas, is their whole gimmick just dropping tons of weapons? They don't even seem to be rarer than normal.

More like KT’s history boner. More power to them, though, I love reading this stuff

For me it's that, red demon and ninja garbs only with the occasional axe wielding raging bull.

i just arrived at some place filled with poison, is this the annoying level in this game?

Region 2 is far and away the worst region in the game. Just plow through it; the game picks up again starting at Chugoku.

Not even remotely because you can kill all the rocks that cause the poison and they don't respawn.

It's not that bad, you can just S U C C the poison away and kill what's causing it

annoyingly non-lethal. you just need to break the rocks.
the next level is the true annoying one.

SCRAPE AND LICK

I like heavy armor, though. I remember when I was using Raging Bull early on and blocking the shit out of everything, like blocking ninja toad's full spear combo and then whacking him once and shit. Gonna miss that spirit perk of 20% guard ki reduction though.

>tfw don't know the best way to farm amrita, glory or money
>tfw don't know how to even approach any of you guys dedication to the game

I've got an odachi that does 999 damage. It feels like I die super easily to everything and don't get anywhere and starting NG+ has me worried I'll just get my shit kicked in even harder.

No, the next level is the shittiest
>gravity death pits level
>in a game that has turnrates when you move around
>some of the places dont visually represent where you can go through which leads to you sometimes falling through the planks
The boss is also fucking shit.