Offline cash storage

Hi /biz, I'm looking for a way to store some money offline (ie not in a bank). Is gold a good vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qPeSPB68i2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A few details:
Am in Aus
Not looking to use it as an investment, if it goes up then great but that's not a priority
Not going to use crypto as it's too volatile for long term
Just want to keep something handy that's not in the bank
Not a prepped faggot, just want alternate savings

>shitpost away, lads

Dunno stick it under your mattress. Just wanted to come in and thank you for using this image instead of a frog or a Jew

CBX - Crypto Bullion

Yeah am new to /biz but there seems to be an inordinate amount of shitposting here

Silver or cash in a good hiding place

Why silver and not gold?

I suppose it depends what you're after user.

Sticking a wad off cash in a lockbox under your bed is probably the easiest option. Gold and silver are a good hedge and would be more useful for SHTF moments.

Have you ever considered buying some collectibles and holding for 20+ years? Stuff like old video games, memorabilia and comic books (might have missed the train on that one though).

I collect old records, it's a fun hobby and I really enjoy music anyway. If things keep going the way they are now they'll only appreciate in value over the course of my life.

Put it in very sought after Magic the Gathering cards, those usually go up in value too. Just make sure they are in good condition when you cash out later.

Yeah I'm looking into buying some historical jizzrags

>read the post again

Crypto no.

>someone give actual advice instead of calling OP a faggot
>OP calls him a faggot

Silvers pretty fucking low atm

I'd buy Trump's jizzrag.

Silver is at a pretty big low and easier to acquire amd liquidate.

Percentage wise it has better potential.

This.

Buy a $100 safe to keep in your closet. Fill it with cash. If you are worried about inflation, substitute gold for cash. Personally, I keep a bit of both. You're welcome.

What's wrong with cash?

Guns are actually a decent investment...Plus you can use them.

Most good ones appreciate in value even if they are used. Some don't appreciate but even if they do they at least hold their values.

You won't get rich but it's more fun to own than gold.

A mixed basket of BTC, ETH, and XMR in cold storage.
If you're really insistent on no crypto though, go with an 80/20 split of gold and silver in a safe that's too heavy to steal.

Silver has been the target of pumpers for the last 3 years

Both should be set to moon if china/us start hurting trade ontop of the global debts

I don't understand this post at all lmao

He's crying because he doesn't understand what a collectable is.
If you buy MTG dual lands, the only way you could possibly lose money on them is if the game stops being played entirely.

Diamonds are forever.

youtu.be/qPeSPB68i2c

How much money?

>investing in the sixth most common element in the universe

Better than investing in a useless yellow substance that falls apart when you touch it.

>investing in the sixth most common element in the universe
>investing in a commodity that can easily be created in a laboratory for much less than it costs to take out of the ground
>investing in a commodity that has its price artifically inflated by a cartel
>implying gold isn't a better investment than carbon

>Looking for wealth storage
>Gives advice on riskiest speculation of all

Sounds pretty faggoty, tbqhfam

There are nicer handkerchiefs out there, senpai

Meme tier at its finest

Pepe loves it.jpg

what i plan to do
put $500 in CBX
wait til it turns into $10,000
sell CBX, convert to fiat, then buy 1kg/1000oz silver bars

Thanks, based anons

1. Hard currency doesn't earn anything, so it's worse than having it in the bank (which is a shit option to begin with). Gold has the ability to appreciate in value but is still relatively secure.

2. I work internationally, so having a wad of currency might be useless to me if I'm in the wrong country. Plus to get it converted, there's all kinds of fees and huge conversion rates that eat further into your wad. Gold bullion is tradeable almost anywhere in the world for just about any currency.

3. Gold can be discreet, if you handle it properly. Small regular transactions that don't require ID and have no digital or paper record can be had if you do it right. Any cash that has been in a bank is taxed (the interest at least), traced and is not under your direct control, especially if the bank or tax man want to be pricks. I'm no tin foil guy, but I want to put some money away and I fucking hate all the fees and charges and capital gains bullshit from regular investments.

4. It's cool as shit to look at.

As much as possible on an ongoing basis. Basically the housing market is fucked in Aus due to greedy baby boomers maintaining a bubble, and won't adjust until that generation dies off. So rather than struggle like fuck to make mortgage payments from a single income and live like a church mouse while I'm still young just to pay interest on a liability that will only tank in a few years' time, I'm thinking about storing it away. Then when housing prices are properly adjusted, I'll free up the capital and maybe put it into some investment properties.

I have thought about shares but was fucked by the gfc a few years ago and don't want it to open again just when I'm ready to divest. So that's why I'm thinking about gold.

> So what do you think, faggots?