/brg/ - Battlerite General

Super Metroid Edition

>What is Battlerite?

Battlerite is a F2P PvP team arena brawler and the spiritual successor to critically acclaimed Bloodline Champions. Experience the unique combination of a skill-based top down shooter and a fighting game. Take part in highly competitive, fast-paced 2v2 and 3v3 battles.

>Store page
store.steampowered.com/app/504370/Battlerite/

>Patch 1.03 notes, new hero next week, and vote for your favorite Jade concept
steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/2918758521446257674

>Roadmap for 2017-2018
battlerite.com/newera/

>Free Ashka chest
gleam.io/8X6t0/battlerite-f2p-ashka-chest

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/4tS737Y9

>/brg/ player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5gY7yqfr7KmqQv5p4N65fLruYr9rnkm-ZHFcKLXxLs/edit#gid=973992834
>Add yourself
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd89zBULnDGRC__t4vtR_9qPUJXR9stQpDUAYw9zLgmO32KWA/viewform

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yVeaWYR6CVA
youtube.com/watch?v=EI9pd6qgSVs
strawpoll.me/14449438
battlerite-stats.com/
prorl.com/tournaments.php?game=battlerite
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for brown lucie is my waifu.

What time does patch go live?

this guy could be next lads

youtube.com/watch?v=yVeaWYR6CVA

youtube.com/watch?v=EI9pd6qgSVs
Destiny Trailer.

is that james talking?

yes thats 2gd

Selling 2 keys for the All Heroes pack, add me on Steam if you want to buy, will do a decent price /id/Tempprofileurl

would be retarded since most of his kit has already been portioned out to other characters

What timezone is battlerite on?

god damn BLC was ghetto, charming... but ghetto.

Is it me or do her attack seem really slow

I actually think I like this better than the current blatant fapbait Samus. Kinda gives me the same vibe as Taya character wise, which I like. I don't really care about how similar the moves are to Samus.

>Been working my ass off
>Haven't had the time or energy to play Battlerite, or anything beyond fucking phone games
I fucking hate holidays

>Blatant fapbait
Why is this a bad thing?

kinda like Lucie.
she was a tank in BLC,
and she can give a shield in Battlerite.
i doubt shes gonna be straight up DPS.

I love the "totaly not metroid prime" music

by wednesday do they mean amerilard wednesday or swedecuck wednesday???

It seems like the orb orb she summons seems devastating to melee but laughly bad against range

strawpoll.me/14449438

Why wouldn't it be a bad thing? The fan art is what you fap to, not the in game character. Unless of course you're playing DoA, but Samus is not in DoA and those characters are specifically made for fapping so that point is moot. Otherwise, the end result is the same as far as fanart goes so why not make a good character first instead of playing off contrived female tropes?

feels bad, constanze poster

mw was devastating to melee but laughably bad against ranged

depends on how long that shit travels.
if it goes infinitly in the same direction you can probably set up some fun stuff.

>That Ashka

The two things are not mutually exclusive and if you think this is the case, then you are hopeless.

It's not even for Thanksgiving, it's for Black Friday. No one gives a fuck about Thanksgiving, Black Friday is the actual holiday and it only exists in its current state so that retarded army wives can go shopping with their boyfriends while their husbands get close shaves from Ahmed Muhammad Salem.

guess our champs

Black friday is cancer
Im glad i dont work retail anymore

croak, jade, thorn.
2 of those.

ezmo is CUTE

Poloma and croak

I don't work retail, I work for a newspaper publisher which is just as bad.

He fucking is and he's fun but I'm shit at the game and him especially.

Rook

I think her having the wall will help with her range matchup but what really makes her really good is that shield beam she has
Also her counter seems a little wonky
>She jumps in the air
>Fires a shot down
>Is invul while doing it
The only thing weird about it is how long it is.
I'm glad they kept her morph ball but I'm kinda sad she doesn't have her leash

I never explicitly said they are but thank you for disregarding the fact I was talking about Samus in particular to can point that out anyway. At least try to argue that Samus is not a shitty character.

>13 posters
guys where is everyone

>she doesn't have her leash
She does she uses it against shifu and Sirius
But it doesn't incap anymore it stuns.
The dev did spoil one thing about her.
Her m1 have 3 modes from no charge semi charge and full charge.

Samus isn't much of a character to start with, she had might as well be a machine. And regardless of what you might think as a result of being marinated in Veeky Forums and people's boner obsessed culture, Samus is completely encased in armor 99% of the time in all official appearances, moreover the Zero Suit has little impact on her as a character. You are literally complaining about fan art after talking about how people should only care about fan art when it comes to fap bait.

shifu or rukhan? whos better atm

Do you think she'll have a spot in a range heavy team or will she be a niche against melee rush down.

you are overthinking this.

The Big question is:
>Can Destiny bounce off Ashka's Firewall?

what do you mean "bounce off"?
nothing bounces off ashkas wall
and if you mean her ult, she is immune to all CC during it.

Can she bounce off bakko shield?

I probably should have inserted something like the word "whiny" into my post somewhere so you wouldn't just assume I'm only talking about the fapbait part when I say "character" for some reason. Also fanart is the exact opposite of what I'm talking about here. I'm saying they turned Samus into a normal average woman (and then gave her zero suit), thus being a better fapbait since she has no real personality (Yes I am aware she never had one to begin with but that's irrelevant)
It seems that you critically misunderstand everything I'm trying to say here despite me saying "character" several times so I'm not really going to bother anymore. Bland, blatant fapbait women characters are shit and Destiny sounds like she has a bit of personality in her voice. That's all I'm saying

>nothing bounces off ashkas wall
the wall eats enemy projectiles, like any other wall, of course nothing bounces off it you doof

well then the other guy shouldnt have asked if she would bounce off, wich was a really dumb question.

uhh marie rose is one of the greatest characters of all time though?

>fucked up a winnable 1v3 yesterday
>still thinking about it today
I want to forget

>When you get a good ult and just get a 3 man kill blow

I apparently am misunderstanding you. You really sound as if you're complaining about fucking nothing.

That said Destiny's personality could be inferred from her splash art alone and Samus has never simply been a "normal" woman. The fact that she isn't normal is her appeal in the first place.

So do new champs and events happen at the same time or do they usually stagger them?

who the fuck knows, it's SLS after all
My guess is at the end of the month since they only announced Destiny

but it's a wall, so Destiny could very well just bounce off it, doesn't she?
btw there's no other guy, it was I, the same poster

if they follow a release schedule it would be the first time they've ever done so in 7 years as developers

1 hour 40 mins untill patch?

it might drop next week, considering they have to have a long enough timeframe for the prehistoric event (4 weeks) and Christmas is next around the 24th,, its probably this patch or next patch.

brown thundermummy huh

>bakko doesn't have nosering

does anyone ever play battlegrounds? I just wanted to check it out but the queue isn't popping
is it that bad?

I don’t think he’s as horribly shit as some make him out to be, but what buff would you give Rook to help him compete a bit more?

I don't know if it's bad or not, it just isn't something that people who are interested in this game actually care about. Just fucking play League or DotA if you want that.

OwO

played it for the chest and then never Qd again
it's garbage

I just played a game, jesus christ what a snorefest

They worked on it in complete secret without any feedback just because some retarded leaguebabies cried on plebbit
then just rolled out it in patch and disabled casual Q because "5 Qs are too much"
then people became enraged so they had to enable casual andnow we have 5Qs
great fucking job as usual

whats with the inconsistency in this game in regards to counters and disables? some disables trigger counters while others dont even though they're very similar and have no reason to work different

for example?

it's just something i noticed while I keep on playing so i cant list specifics but i do know for sure that when i play someone like jade, my disabling shot would proc some counters and not others, unless this is just lag

I'm in love with Polomas accent guys

every counter has cast time like 0.1 sec
it's very annoying but possible to interrupt it
can easily cost you the game

to add to this
every ability has cast time
i died several times as jumong because my prowl was interrupted
or as RK because my shield or jump was interrupted
it's stupid

What are some good team comps you guys play?

raigon/whatever/whatever

i added 5 people from brg and never played with them

>yames
whatever happened to him and the gd studio?

So when do I not get shitters?
Gold?

how many people over the age of 18 post pepe let alone save it

You will always get shitters no matter what rank. They're just less consistent at around diamond 2 and up. I'm a plat shitter and constantly get matched with and against diamonds all the way to grand champs.

me

There are shitters in every rank. Hell there are plenty Grand Champ players who are absolutely awful at the game.

This game is hard
But its a good kind of hard when you get 0-2 and you come back while playing your ass off.
And most of the stuff I thought was bullshit when i first started seems really easy to play around now

>Pick Jade: 2 wins 8 lost games
>Pick Taya :10 wins 1 lost game

What am I doing wrong

are you using your space correctly or using your root?
The root is really powerful for setting things up.
Also try to bait snipes with cancel.

>snipe CD reset on stealth battlerite
>ex-1
>stealth
>snipe

>wtf getting matched with this thing
casual mmr when

Try that but in reverse

Some people added me, I played and lost a few games had a decent laugh and then we never played ever again.

____ _____

Where are you people even viewing these stats.

brown lucie

I'll help you.

D _ _ _ _ _ _ _ y

Yeah, it’s definitely a mentally demanding game, but oddly it’s not very frustrating for me, even when on a losing streak.

Maybe that’ll change (only been playing for a week) but for now I’m enjoying the challenge.

STOP USING RANKED TO TRAIN A CHAMPION
GO TO FUCKING CASUAL
THANK YOU

battlerite-stats.com/

prorl.com/tournaments.php?game=battlerite

Anyone want to make a 3v3 team and participate in this tourney? Every Sunday $210 first place $90 second place.

There's no reason to play casual over ranked when the latter gives you more coin rewards.

FUCK YOU

alright, how hard do you have to stomp matches to get more than like 2mm of the rank circle?
I have strict matchmaking disable, consistently top the score charts, and fairly often win matches 3-1 or 3-0.
still, gain is pretty much non-existent.

We need a slightly more objective based game mode

3-0 is fastest.
for going through que.
There used to be win streaks but they removed it