Classic WoW General /cwg/

Dwarves Edition

VOTE IN THIS BLIZZARD-MONITORED SURVEY
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc64CYad2GpAVvH6yEl-mLd2NBlCnKeIASA8mTrRwjJQ5usDw/viewform

clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=668429222

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/tNsKp4n
youtube.com/watch?v=nYUapnFIcL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why were they the only ally with a good racial?

first for EVERYST

GET IN HERE

discord.gg/tNsKp4n

ITS REAL

INSTANT 60 ALPHA

they're handing out accounts

All raids need to be buffed, or interest will be lost.

everyst is buffing raids supposedly 15% hp 10% damage on patch 1.2 which tapers off each patch content to 2% hp/damage for naxx

rep gain is good. perception is good when stealth detection is coded correctly (it's not on private servers) escape artist is nice, shadowmeld is nice on certain classes

>"I don't want you to change the game to make it any easier for the dumb masses but can you please make changes to appease the tryhards so they won't feel like this is a waste of their time?"
The ironing.

Reminder, do not invite druids to your groups!

tryhards want 1.12 so raids only take 30 mins, dummy

IM IN

Tryhards also include people who min/max on content that doesn't require optimization then bitch that it's too easy.

wtf i love tryhards now
i hope they tune raids to be harder and more gear restrictive in both cases

How dare people point out game design flaws

What a great (fun)server

>pserver kiddos think they want vanilla, but they don't

>female human priest

>Vanilla was perfect

>what is beta

who are you quoting

EVERYST IS REAL

DEC 1

pure banila

Vanilla was not perfect. However, it's harder than people think to make changes that are 100% objectively good. Everyone has their pet idea of what they'd do different that they think is simple and obvious with no drawbacks. And >99% of those people are wrong.

And every last one of them thinks they're the exception.

Downside to boss fights not being 45 seconds, list them

nothing wrong with wanting raid enemies to deal 50% more damage across the board

You mean longer? Because real vanilla takes longer.
Most of the real player base can agree on what changes should be made. Not make the changes themselves necessarily.

banilla so hardcore naxx hardcore only few guilds do it so hardcore

*mind control add, sacrifice when faerlina enrage*

kill her before you use up all the adds
wow banila is hardcore this is epic cant wait to rleieve my legacy

The real charm will be filling up your raid with 10-20 shitters and then carrying the dead weight.

Of course raids of 40 min/maxers are going to steamroll everything. That's not the authentic experience. That's the private server babby mode experience.

>Blizzard is going to let themselves be embarrassed by releasing 20 minute raids

Why? "Vanilla exactly as it was with no changes" is what everyone's been asking for. If it ends up embarrassing anyone it will be the players who finally got what they asked for and then turn around to bitch about it. J. Allen Brack's schadenfreude boner will be visible from space.

>I don't want any changes to raids or game in general
What the point of releasing classic servers then? Could as well just keep playing what we have now

1.12 is not "no changes"

Posting this again, the most authentic vanilla WoW launch video.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYUapnFIcL0

Note how:
>EVERYONE is awful at the game
>people play races/classes/specs for fun
>everything is one big adventure

People only assume it will be 1.12 because that's what every fucking private server uses.

The private servers that they also claim are so authentic, 100% blizzlike, get rekt retailshitters.

It's almost like people don't know what the fuck they want or something and feedback on Classic is close to useless and Blizz should just ignore everyone.

1.12 is changes since you're starting vanilla as it was 3 months before the BC release.

where is the superlarge version of this

>level for month or so
>get preraid gear in one week
>raidlog
so this is... power of vanilla...

and if it's pure banila you can get pre-raid even faster with 40 man guild facerolls of dungeons to farm pre raid bis.

Dwarf edition?

>tfw Warcraft dwarves have no recognizable traits compared to Warhammer dwarves
might as well be humans with one city built into a mountain

trying to get in, they still on?

yes

vanilla would be better if they made a shit ton of changes to it like making more than half the classes viable

>the "ret paladins (and pretty much every hybrid) is great in pvp stop asking for class balance" meme

yeah if you drastically outgear/outlevel someone out in burning steppes where people are still leveling or just hit 60 in greens. a fucking 60 rogue without any talent points spent could wpvp better than a fully decked out ret paladin simply because of how broken the classes were.

not to mention that wpvp is fucking irrelevant since it doesn't reward any gear, so telling someone that they have a viable playstyle for a niche activity that doesn't give them anything besides a few kicks is pathetic. doing battlegrounds/premades is how you get gear and no fucking group is going to take a hybrid for anything other than healing

hey when is classic coming out? any ETA?

1.3 years

ROLL EVERYST IN THE MEANTIME

DEC 1

ALPHA OPEN NOW ASK FOR AN ACCOUNT

discord.gg/tNsKp4n

>can't even walk here on private servers

us private server players know what real vanilla is like

in a perfect world i think class/spec balance could be achieved

HOWEVER i do not trust neo wow players aka normies and neo blizzard to make balance changes without ruining literally everything

By this point, Warcraft Dwarves actually manages to be very different from the standard Dwarf archetype.

So you don't pay attention to lore at all, I take it

what's the everyst realmlist? got my account and forgot to ask

*sets up towns in the open like a human would*
lmao

I'd come, but discord?
I'd rather wr/st

most realms were dead enough that shit wasn't fucked 24/7

private server players have a fucked perspective

>doesn't understand what a trading outpost is

Seriously, you're talking about the oldest mortal race on Azeroth, created by the Titans to shape the world and help wage war on The Old Gods.

How is that anything like the typical fantasy Dwarf?

>what are hill dwarves

nice nulore references in a classic general, bud
but that's besides the point--them being unlike the Warhammer dwarves is why they're so incredibly lame in the MMO
there's rarely any reference or action in relation to the biggest and funnest trope dwarves have
delving
deep
and
greedily
but nah, let's just reserve that for the just the "enemy" dwarves in BRD

>greedily
oh so to you Dwarves are just jews

>nice nulore references in a classic general, bud
Good job paying attention to Ulduman while you were in there, bud

better go suck Metzen's dick and read the Chronicles again and see what nulore you introduced into your statement

>oh so to you Dwarves are just jews
i kekd

not him but
nulore is post-cata
i'm assuming you're referencing the world machines part of his statement
they introduced those in wotlk

Actually they started telling this story in wcII

nah, the old gods
pretty much all of that was retconned when they decided to create the void lords and divine some sort of "point" to 'em

wotlk raped the lore pretty hard
vrykul? come the fuck on
nerubians with no real value? rip
northrend a non-arctic wasteland with a fuck ton of diverse life? fuck off

But the Old Gods were always there
Their origins were just vague until the void lord crap

Yeah. An objectively better way to tell a story and create a universe is to NOT ascribe more and more fantasy creatures and create new definitions that delete the mystery.
More specifically the bit about "earthen being created to combat the creatures of the void lords".

>dwarf
>oldest mortal race
Tolkien did it.

>naxx will be cleared the same week is gets released

But what about TBC? Will things stay alive for at least more than 1 week?

It's decade old content. Players today have countless advantages. If they wanna steamroll stuff and pretend they're uber1337 who cares?

>that bootyblasted cata toddler spamming the thread

>people think 3.9m hp patchwerk can be killed in 8 minutes within a week of launch

that's over 10kdps lol nobody would even have onyxia's cloak yet to clear bwl let alone naxxshit

Does 2x crusader or 2x lifestealing heal more?

How much self-healing could a fury warrior or rogue put out?

he same same week naxx gets released fucking dumbass

>he thinks naxx isn't going to be released at launch

loving every laugh

I think we would all appreciate a Universe fleshed out in it's creators mind at the outset, with every detail in place.
But come on, let's be realistic. How much content do you think they'd have to create? They piggybacked on the RTS series lore when they started WoW. Now it's 13 years later.
Even Jordan ended up having to make shit up as he went along, to keep the story fleshed out as the years passed.

to be honest that would be interesting to watch the "speedrun" of level 1 - naxx clear. If the releases are staggered, everyone will have AQ40/BWL gear on the day naxx gets released. If everything drops at once, naxx will be in the game but untouched for months

It's confirmed we're going with an all dwarf guild, for release, right?

on everyst not on classic classic is like 2 years away

Spell it like this pls

< OwO Notices Bulge >

>image
I mean I play horde but orcs are literal nigger refugees. why cater to outsiders?

spriest vs warlock for wpvp? who wins between then in 1v1?

A reminder that making Druid and Pali tanks viable will not destroy the game's balance.

shadow melts faces

As long as "viability" comes down to threat generation and movement, not survivability or damage output.

I understood that reference

there must be a player cap, this is not fun

Everyst soon my man. Stop wasting your time

but I'm already lvl 26 can't be bothered

Everyst is vaporware.

everyst is open alpha for discord friends who have been with the project since before beta aka anyone in discord right now

just ask wreathe or nfernix for a username/pass

I asked wreathe and he is on vacation, ask nfernix.

what is this an ss of?

I heard Everyst was flakey as fuck, why would I quit my Elsyium char and guild to play there?

everyst doesnt have a dev base that can meet their promises

this
shit will be dead in a week after the first crash when the devop cant be bothered

damn stalvan got cucked hard

>everyst is a meme
>everyst will have pally taunts and shit
>everyst is a honeypot
>everyst got hacked its over
>everyst has no devs
>everyst admin is american i swear
>everyst is vaporware
you are here

Vanilla world of warcraft.