/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Squish the vermin edition
A defiled mess of rotten flesh! Vile louts! >New players read this then unplug your modem and finish the story mode offline:
-i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/'s resources, builds & mechanics guide:
-docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming, lost/uncanny weapons, and runes spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking FRCs/Sinister chalices:
-FRC spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, FRCs otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WIrQBLs.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas

>Build planner:
-mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations:
-pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/136NX-lNJ2LNeSpj2XNFH_alC-CVQQBFTbynbdy_FNf4/prefill
docs.google.com/forms/d/136NX-lNJ2LNeSpj2XNFH_alC-CVQQBFTbynbdy_FNf4
gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/21/bloodborne-enemy-found-after-only-being-seen-in-pre-release-footage.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

getting the fog glitch, restarted, ringing again

First for cuties

coneheads btfo
coneheads confirmed for jews

>session lost
I think something is up with the servers

Miyazaki is behind this

God damnit we're just tryin to kill some flaming hag on a bridge is that so much to ask?

Apparently it is

>Fog door glitch again
Well this sucks. I’m going to call it a night, and try this L4 again tomorrow. Un be reevable

Alright well it was fun until the servers started being dicks. Thanks for hosting!

thanks for coming along ms and mr. those hags have yet to see the last of us

Is it something specific about layer 4's that fuck with connections?

This happened to us the other day as well.

Does anyone else wish they could go back to being bad at the game?

I mean, it's not like I'm a godlike player, I die embarrassingly during speelunks all the time. But nothing in the game scares me anymore, except frc HMPH, and stuff like two rolling fatties in one room.

On my first playthrough I was completly and fully invested in the world. When I reached a new section of a level I inched forwards, used pebbles to carefully and methodically work through groups of enemies. Nowadays I sprint everywhere and kill everyone easily. Finding a shortcut used to be a monumental achievement.

Same with levelling, losing echo's used to be devestating. I remember losing 100k in the forest and being so disheartened I had to turn game off for a day or two. But now I keep accidentally making twinks because I forget to level up. My most recent character beat Isz Ebby at bl47 because I was so used to ignoring Blood Echo's except to repair weapons and buy supplies.

I recaptured a somewhat similar experience playing DeS and DaS1 right after I beat BB, but by DaS3 I was acting like a "pro" even on first playthrough, I finished game at some ridiculously low SL because I kept forgetting to level up after my stats were high enough to try out most new weapons.

I want to go back. Back to feeling like areas were unfairly large, and being legit scared to keep going into an area past what I knew and had mentally mapped out.
But I can't, and I don't think I will even if Fromsoft releases a new ip with similar gameplay.

a l r e a d y
d e a d

Busy trying to figure out what broke the looksmenu mod on my Fallout. No time for /bbg/

no dead just playing BB in dreams

I know that feeling, user. Everything feels so much bigger and full of possibilities and unknown things at the start, knowing you're missing so much stuff to hunt down in successive playthroughs. From are very good at that feeling of strange depth and adventure.

yeah, I remember every beast boss scaring me to high hell when I first encountered them. Especially ones that look huge like darkbeast paarl and cleric beast.

i love my eldritch truth
the fog on this plane clears my vision on the higher
and i get higher
until there's nothing left of me down there
so don't wake me up
not before the ritual is complete
i'll forget everything

You like FromSoftware games?
Their early work was a little too clunky for my taste, but when Demon's Souls came out in '09, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.
The whole game has a well crafted, ingenious level design, and a new dynamic combat system that really gives the encounters a big boost. It's been compared to Dark Souls, but I think Demon's has a far more grim and refined atmosphere.
In '15 From released this; Bloodborne, their most accomplished game. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Ludwig the Accursed", a boss so engaging, most people don't listen to the dialogue. But they should! Because it's not just an extremely relevant and historic character in the lore, it's also a paradigm of the theme of duality between righteous saint and bloodthirsty beast in men! Hey Paul!

Oh shit oh shit oh shit.

Legit first ever Kill of the Watcher. I havnt even gotten whatever's in the chest yet.

Please don't be ATK down
Please don't be ATK down
Please don't be ATK down

It's health gradually depletes (20).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

praise Miyazaki, praise the whole damn development team!

Oh, damn user. You did it.

heh, nice

>Vileblood
Enjoy never getting another usable offshape again, cuck.

i hate you

Don't worry. I just had a good start.

The madness and disappointment will settle in soon. rating 16 and Health depletes to boot

God damn it. I want a 31.5 triangle as well. I only have a 30. something.

>/bbg/ is dead
maybe I'll see some of you when invading or co-op
Farewell good hunters, may you find you worth in the waking world

/bbg/ isn't dead. It's just euro hours.

This

docs.google.com/forms/d/136NX-lNJ2LNeSpj2XNFH_alC-CVQQBFTbynbdy_FNf4/prefill

Answer this survey. Will post results later.
Am not cia.

>says he's not CIA
>not a public survey
I aint requestin permission for shit!

Posted wrong link. Wait.

docs.google.com/forms/d/136NX-lNJ2LNeSpj2XNFH_alC-CVQQBFTbynbdy_FNf4
Here is the right link.

Impromptu in Loran?

>not hoont

I'll join

>waifuniggers kill generals

Next you're going to tell me water is wet.

Whomstd are in the impromptu?

I'll join after breaky

> another Warm offshape

For fucks sake. Why do these gems exist? They mathematically can never be optimal for any setup.

I'll join soon.

2 hoontahs so far

Guns that scale badly? I don't know.

What's your favorite line of dialogue?

Good hunter, you've done well. The night is near its end.
Now, I will show you mercy.
You will die, forget the dream, and awake under the morning sun.
You will be freed...
...from this terrible hunter's dream...

AWOOOO

>Good hunter, have you seen the thread of light?
>Just a hair, a fleeting thing, yet I clung to it,
steeped as I was in the stench of blood and beasts.
>I never wanted to know, what it really was. Really, I didn't.

How would flat arcane gems fare with the Whirligigs l2?

Probably better than Wheel when used on an enemy that stays still long enough to take a bunch of ticks from the L2

How? The wheel R2 is a multihit too.

Pretty badly.

It's L2 modifiers are:
0.80, 0.65, 0.30, 0.65, 0.30, 0.65 etc... until you stop

Maybe they'd be optimal if you had really low stats. But the L2 isn't really a good enough attack to carry you entirely like Wheel's dash R1. It's fantastic in certain situations, but horrible in others.

If you want a gimmicky L2-only whilrligig, try Poison gems.

>miss the visceral

I know, but I'm guessing the L2's ticks will come out faster than spamming multi-hit attacks from the Wheel. Could be wrong but it's worth trying

Flat damage isn't affected by modifiers

Whirli L2 can't stagger large enemies, unlike Wheel R2 combo, though.

It's alright, you'll get me next time.)

Of course, that's why I said it'll probably be better against something that stays still long enough to enough a bunch of L2 ticks. I'm sure in most situations the Wheel will be a better option

Which are the best Strength weapons?

Reiter is suprisingly fun.

>enough to enough
*enough to eat

>Flat damage isn't affected by modifiers

I know. That's the point. It's modifiers arnt low enough to warrant using Flat Damage over %gems. Wheels multihit attacks are 0.93, 0.15, 0.15.

A properly gemmed Whitligig is like 700 AR. 30% of that is 210, which is the added damage from 3 perfect Flat Arcs. That means that only every second tick after the initial gab will be better with Flat gems, while the rest of the moveset will be much, much worse.

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah Flat Arc Whirly would probably be decent with low damage stats but on a proper Str (or Arc) build it would do worse compared to % gems.

> 4x revved wheel in pvp

It hit me once and I was Already Dead.

Fucking wheelniggers, man

Is this the secret rule of FCs?

Finally my luck has turned around

>Revved wheel.
Please no.

Just walk away

If you just backpedal for 20 seconds he'll kill himself with the health drain.

But it feels cheap.

But thats what i did.

>But it feels cheap
A win is a win, and if he didn't want you to do that he wouldn't use it.

Sorry, got carried away by the music

>"Listen close... and you, too, will hear... The sound...of water..."
or
>"Shrouded by night, but with steady stride. Colored by blood, but always clear of mind. Proud hunter of the church. Beasts are a curse, and a curse is a shackle. Only ye are the true blades of the church.
or
>"Blimey! Don't scare me like that. On a night like this... I took you for a monster."
or
>"Plip, plop... Plip, plop..."
or any of the narrow-minded man's dialogue. He's fun.

This spelunking sounds fun. What is it exactly?
Do I have to be a specific level if I want to play with you guys? My main is level 102.
But what is spelunking? I want to play with people.

Doing unexplored root chalices with other anons. Refer to this guide if you wanna join.

>level 102
That's fine, most people on here are around BL 98

Do adept gems affect viscerals?

Viscerals deal Thrust damage, so Thrust Adepts will but Blunt Adepts won't

I thought there was a separate visceral mod on gems

I see. Thank you.

We co-op through a Root Dungeon: we explore FRC dungeons mostly, but Depth 4 and Sinister Dungeons are becoming more popular, since we think we may find some new unseen things there.

Does it matter if I am on NG+ last I checked I have only beat Gascoigne and Cleric Beast.
I am just getting back into it after a year.

NG+ Doesn't affect chalices at all

Speaking of adept gems, any more reliable method farming for 31/32% thrusts other than farming for regular 27% phys gems and hoping to get lucky?

Finally got three perfect 27% phys gems for my HMLS and I want to experiment with thrust-only setup. But while I've got a few 31/32% blunt adepts I only have one 31% thrust.

Sperlunking is exploring and plundering brand new randomly generated Chalice Dungeons.

102 is pretty much perfect, most people here are between 98-117.

In order to sperlunk you'll need to be able to join FRC (and S) depth 5 Chalices. If you qualify for them you can join any dungeon ever. To do that you need to have in your inventory:
> Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice (kill Headless Bloodletting Beast)
> Lower Loran Root Chalice (Kill Loran Darkbeast)
> Isz Root Chalice (Kill Isz Eribritas)
> have performed the Foetid, Rotted and Cursed rites yourself at some point (this can all be done by making one dungeon of your own)

To do sinister Chalices (which we do, but not as often) you'll need the Sinister Root Chalices which are purchased from Bath messengers on Layer 3 of the Depth 5 story dungeons. And you'll need to do the Sinister Rite yourself at least once by making of these and spending the Arcane Haze.

Watchers are your only option for those 32.6% Adepts unfortunately. Und*** Giant drops 28.7% Adepts with secondaries but are inferior still. There's an user who farmed Madmen I think for Adepts with something like 12% Open Foes secondaries, primary was 25%

I hate you user, I have killed like 6k watchers and of the 3 triangles I got, 2 are hp depletes and the other is attack down.

How rare are off-shapes for you?

I got 3 in the 100 kills I did earlier.

Would anyone be interested in my list of gems? I recorded type, shape and curse of each one that dropped.

another user, but since we're gemposting, I got these out of maybe 80 runs.

I usually get 1 or 2 per 100 kills. I have gotten 4, I have gotten 0 (like last run I did)

Ok I gotta go to bed it's almost 3am, fun FC though.

I poisoned some fools, killed a few people with my 4x revved wheel, killed myself a few times with my wheel, and did 770 damage from a single tonitrus trick attack.

Anyone up for a spelunk?

Yes.

Depth 4, FRC or sinister?

Anyone read this shit about the flaming Undead Giant? I've been away from the game for a week due to home renovation and just saw the article.

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/21/bloodborne-enemy-found-after-only-being-seen-in-pre-release-footage.aspx

Yup, we started spelunking depth 4 dungeons, after the news.

>GameInformer
Yeah we did on the day it came to light

Here's my drop list

Bloodtinge Triangle - Stamina Up
Bloodtinge Circle - Beasts Down
Warm Circle - ATK down
Warm Circle - ATK down
Warm Circle - ATK down
Bloodyinge Circle - ATK down
Warm Circle - HP depletes
Warm Circle - ATK down
Warm Circle - Kin Down
Warm Circle - Durability Down
Bloodtinge Circle - HP depletes
Warm Circle - Stamina Up
Warm Circle - Kin Down
Warm Circle - Beasts Down
Warm Radial - HP depletes
Bloodtinge Circle - Durability Down
Bloodtinge Circle - ATK down
Warm Circle - Beasts down
Bloodtinge Circle - Stamina Up
Warm Circle - ATK down
Bloodtinge Circle - Durability down
Bloodtinge Circle - Kin Down
Bloodtinge circle - HP depletes
Warm Circle - Kin down
Bloodtinge Circle - ATK down
Warm Triangle - Stamina Down
Warm Circle - Kin down
Warm Circle - Kin down
Warm Circle - Beasts down
Bloodtinge circle - ATK down
Warm Circle - ATK down

That's 58 gems out of 100 runs, i got 34 Ritual Blood, 6 bullet drops and 2 blood vial drops. Of those 58 gems 28 were Bloodtinge and 30 were Warm. 55 were circle, two Triangle, One Radial. It seems quite streaky, at one point I got 10 Ritual blood in a row.

Depth 4 pls, I did a few earlier alone and ran into a roaming elder. Didn't know roaming bosses were a thing in depth 4, thought it only was giants.
Yeah, he's pretty cool.

Interesting. After the renovation I decided to bite the bullet and blitz through Dark Souls 3. Killed every boss minus DLC and came away underwhelmed. Felt like it had nothing new for me. Back to Bloodborne.