/nioh/ - Nioh General

Weapon Detail edition

Fell into the sea at Dan-no-ura DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBanU-AHMqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

henlo thread

1st for only shitters cry about Tonfa

Need help install sweet fx in this game?

Odachi is the only non cheese weapon in the whole game.
Sword has endless Iai knockdowns.
Spear has endless weird grapple combo.
Axe can just spin.
Dual swords have curahzee slasher.
Kusarigama has some other cheese combo.
I am sure tonfa has some shit too.

>Tonfa
>Cheese
Impossible

Well yeah I can't really think of any tonfa cheese. Maybe it's just that nobody has found it yet.

Charged heavy attack to stumble any human enemy, dash attack whilst they’re recovering for a knockdown then killing blow. Rinse and repeat

If that charged heavy attack is similar to what the odachi has, then it's not guaranteed success.
Also you can't keep them knocked down continuosly like with iai.

Axe spin isn't all that great mate

Yeah, about half an hour later I remembered that revenant drops don't count.
I feel immensely silly.

I seriously hope you guys don't kill Mujinas

saves me time to kill them

I don't

When will they port that game to pc

Finally got that Visitor Dragon helm defiled, just need to get Gunsticks now

Post your Williams. Waifufags need not apply

If you're using an odachi, you will never become true Nioh

>pay 100k for Okatsu
>she's wearing shoes
REEEEEEEEEEE

The skin would be a 10/10 if she had one foot bare and the other in the sock

I could care less about the feet, I just like her dress and legs

Fuku also gets bonus points for getting cool voicelines during charged attacks, she chants Onmyo mage lines

why do they jerk over Nobunaga so hard? wirriam sama can beat yamata no orochi but this dude just rekts you while playing around

Because he is Nobunaga.

evil overlord senpai

>tfw haven't played since Plat in March
>Bought Season pass today
>Start first mission of Masamune Date's DLC
>Other than a couple of bad pathing deaths, felt like I've still got it
>That new boss design actually made me go "ewww" in a good way

Man, this game's still got it too. It's a fucking shame it'll probably be neglect and GOTY award.

Why Anjin so small?

Onryoki is easy as shit, but watch out when he he's unchained and has iron balls around, when he throws them they're unblockable and track 360 regardless the direction he's facing.
Bullshit. And this game had a Beta.

What good ninjutsu skills should I run as an Odachi/sword user? Currently Lv ~40. I picked up the paralysis coating buff and I'm not seeing any effects.

and an alpha. and they made it easier, twice. and it was still not enough for babies like you lmao

wew, this OHKO para setup is fucking trash
cant proc it on anything

post mark of the conqueror pasta

>and track 360 regardless the direction he's facing.
kek

What's Mitsunari's weakness? Can't access main menu right now.

>using the tools the game gives you to overcome challenges
It's scary how difficult that is for a lot of people.

his ass

getting behind him

Weakness: Lightning
Resistances: Wind Poison Paralysis

Does anyone have Thrown dmg x2 inheritables they'd be willing to set on a revenant for farming?

is that a glitch or what is making the boss aggro the corner?

Why does Lobos suck at Nioh so hard?

iirc revenant drops stats are randomized? or did this get reverted?

He probably tries to play it like Souls
Only for over level 150 equipment

it has blind status inflicted, causes all projectiles to miss

I wish I could play it like Souls. When I play nioh I concentrate more on buffs and debuffs than actual gameplay and end up just mashing out combos.

>that fat little dude gets his own helm in Nioh
based tanuki

I feel like Souls 2 & 3 are just hitboxe Simulator to me now, I don't see the characters anymore, just cubes.

in pvp for sure

i want to fuck a flying bolt

Just got to level 30 in Abyss.
This place is so good for making underleveled equipment good, holy shit.

Just the kind of reply I was expecting.
I beat him on my 1st try, and that was long ago.
That attack can be dodged easily but it's retarded as hell.

I was expecting proof proving me wrong, but that looks like he glitched.

Because he's Nobunaga, Sanada Yukimura and Date Masamune are the other two who the Japs jerk off too.

it's the final part of equipment crafting

t. conquered

I'm stuck on floor 38 of the abyss, fuck Masamune

You will be fighting him a lot in the abyss, the best advice I can give you is to strafe right when he does his lunge, or shoot him in the head, I personally like his wind mode better, his water mode with the blade beams can fuck off.

So far i've been doing fine with my 8k damage kunai. Too easy, even.

>I was expecting proof proving me wrong, but that looks like he glitched.

A bit into Way of the Strong, and about to try out the Abyss.
Anything I should know that the game doesnt tell you?

His lunge I can handle, his regular lw combos and his psychic blocking always trip me up. I usually try and get some blows in after he summons his dragon for an attack. Doesn't help I'm a fragile Hayabusa user.
I don't think I'll go to far into the abyss, I'm mainly in for defiling.

Yeah, I get it, he's blinded.
That attack still tracks 360 regardless of direction he's facing.

Blind debuff looks broken, does it get nerfed in later difficulties too?

Fear Hanzo

You need to beat Queens Eyes in WotD for floors 11+ WotW for 21+, WotN for 31+

you know you can headshot him for free right after he switches to the water form, if you have enough distance, he always does that slow water ball move which gives you plenty of time to casually aim for his forehead and pop an arrow

I heard theres something about a missable miniboss on floor 4, care to elaborate?

>cant use backwave/tempest on human sized and shaped skeletons

for what purpose

The game has no mouse support, it's literally impossible to aim.

any fun tanky builds for way of the nioh?

Getting kinda bored of one shotting everything with my current build so I want to try something different.

if by tanky you mean can survive 2 hits sometimes then yes

>tfw finally found a way to cheese Hayabusa guy on WotN
>farm him for his equipment
>never drops his armor text or the fireball ninjutsu text
At least now I have a full ethereal Hayabusa set now.

good one

it's pretty retarded, after almost 500 hours of the game i still think they're also one of the most annoying enemies in the game

well thats kinda shitty, feels like the game really funnels you down a specific "dodge & murder harder than them" path on harder difficulties that makes the game less enjoyable then it was when I was just starting.

yeah. enemies can instantly remove your buffs + apply crippling debuffs on hit too so you really have to dodge

I think they should've made enemies a lot tankier but do less damage

Is any guardian spirit as good as the bull when summoned with the onmyo talisman?

Doesn't he just drop it on all difficulties though.

I'm fine with being killed in 1 hit on the highest difficulty, but being forced to fight multiple enemies, especially bosses at the same time is kind of fucked up.
At least you could cheese those encounters with your living weapon

>>being forced to fight multiple enemies, especially bosses at the same time is kind of fucked up

This so much, it was challenging on earlier difficulties (or against single bosses) but with on higher difficulties especially the insane buffs and debuffs said made it not as fun for me, I feel like it is to optimize & cheese or be cheesed at that point.

I just discovered how good Devigorate Talisaman is guys.

Bloodshed's End is really good. That final boss was the hypest shit in the entire game.

Did they fix the connection issues? I left a cup 12 minutes ago and still I have no summons coming to help me.

They did, the game is just dead. Takes 10 years to get a summon to help, but when I help other people as a summon it takes less than a minute to get summoned.

>do 3 runs of marobashi on WotD
>get enough amrita for 30 level ups

okay I guess

Ah, for fucks sake. I just want someone to come and help me clean house for the final bit. It's annoying as hell to kill Roid Monk Demon, then fuck around with Onryoki while annoying shooting shits spawn. I keep getting killed when I'm about to finish him.

Doing that 1st DLC side mission. Become Thy Enemy

probably most people doing yokai realm instead.

I doubt it. I grinded 100k glory doing visitor summons, tried doing yokai realm a few times but the queue was a lot longer than being summoned as a visitor.

I've beaten Orochi and maxed profficiency with all weapons. I think it's time to respec, mostly for skills.
I plan to use Sword&Spear, as I initially had planned.
Could I get some advice about stat and skill points allocation? Especially skills, please.

Any Ninjutsu worth getting outside of the obvious?

>good one
While he's exaggerating a bit, aiming seems to be fucked up on the PC port. Even on minimum sensitivity the aiming reticle flies all over the place (especially if you want to move it diagonally, it seems to add the speed of both axes together) making anything but the tiniest nudges overshoot all the time.

What is obvious for you?

Get enough spirit to unlock all the guardian spirit passives you want to use, get enough stamina to equip the armor you want at either A or B agility, then enough dex/magic for the spells you want.

Beyond that you want to focus on heart and body very heavily if you're running sword + spear.

Spear scales mainly off body, sword off heart. Use one or the other unless you want to be hitting things with a wet noodle.

For skills, get what you want to use for your weapon of choice and every passive from the other weapon types. Prioritize the good ones if you don't have enough points. The timely guard skills for sword are a must, for spear you'll want spearfall and tornado for sure.

Which skill is better to build around Iai or SotC?

I have no idea what sotc is but iai is just broken

Why do people keep forgetting that heavy armor is for better blocking?

>another 3 billions of skeletons each of which plays an annoying ambush sound when it wakes up
>oh there's also an archer skeleton
>another one-eyed oni
>another faggot wheel
>another dual sword yoki faggot
>another kusarigama yoki faggot
>another bullshit humanoid cunt with perfect reactions

how do I interpret +9 water?

does it add 9 water damage to my attack?

youtube.com/watch?v=FBanU-AHMqg

because red enemies will eat up 200 stamina when you block them anyway

As someone who has never touched a controller in his whole life should I just play this on keyboard with GPDSCK?

nah its definitely more
9% of attack value as water maybe