Rate my website

Constructive criticism and suggestions please.

Also just got ads up on there, so wondering how much I'd earn?

Site is: latrobevalleynews.com

Other urls found in this thread:

afp.com/en/news-hub
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

categorize those posts user.
Plan and simple is perfection IMO
wordpress/10

Yep will do when I have more posts. Only have like 40 so far...

Utterly horrible. The layout, the lack of a color palette, the content isn't eyecatching at all. Also, load on scroll is not a good idea for most sites.

It would take me a long time to explain everything that's wrong with this. Maybe with time you can improve it.

you are a big faggot op, kys.

Well I'm not trying for it to be a masterpiece, it's just a basic news site that links from Facebook. It's just a wordpress theme.

Thanks.

OP btw. Posting from my phone

if you're okay with basic why the hell ask for criticism m8?

Did you make the content or is it just copy paste from local news?

No I write it all. But sometimes source stories from other news pages

> I write it all

2017 and you're writing your own articles.

Interesting.

Looks good. I'd make the fonts a little bigger and add a little more color to the site.

Check out CNN.com for an example.

Not sure what you mean...

Thanks user. Will have a look now

Put a poll on there on whether to impeach trump or not. Gotta engage the user.

Where's yo search function?

start building backlinks to your site its most important thing to do

ignore anons who said design is important. it is not (not when your website is young and low traffic)

research Dragon NaturallySpeaking it will help you deliver your articles way faster

you may as well look for good article spinner it will help you create unique content easier (if you are rewriting articles from other sources)

good luck with your website

check'd

Anyone want to rate mine? Lacking content desu but just starting out. Will be (shit)posting and shilling shitcoins soon cryptowars.info

Thanks user. I really have no idea about that stuff though, can you explain back links?

Nice digits.

However for Google at least, backlinks are a dying breed and now only affect the "trust level" of your website. They no longer have anything to do with your search rankings

Not really.

Backlinks will never die. But yeah, there are many signals.
What do you think is the most important thing nowadays to rank well?

OP how much are you making with this? What are your statistics?

You should add more visual to the site and make it more attractive to the customer. You might also want to showcase the people and sight of the city on the top of the site instead of having ads there. Ads usually go in the footer or in the aside

The news section could use pages and a search option. If there are any upcoming events around town, you could keep track of them on a new page

It's pretty important to work the layout of the site with css, it's will ensure the customer will come back for more news since it's cater to their feelings.

explain

Here's my all time stats so far. Haven't had the site for that long, and usually try to do 1 post per day.
Not sure how much $ I've earned yet, still waiting for last months report

Put a one line summary of every article on the main page, the headlines aren't enticing enough or informative enough. Look at:
afp.com/en/news-hub

See those little paragraphs? Do that.
A date and time on each article will make it look more professional, but that depends on how often you post new content.