I Copied the OP from Last Thread Edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Well they did once...

>tfw you finally get the aesthetic look you want

will we ever see them again?

I hope not. Their story has been done.

Only to see them butchered like lambs again.

That's literally the hardest part of the game.

Let's be frank, modern RPG's are essentially a dress-up game for screenshots.
ESPECIALLY Bethesda RPG's.

Legion sucks

Maybe if they stop insisting on going constantly farther into the future instead of picking an earlier time.

>Download a mod that adds legendary variants of trapper armor, robot armor, and other mod that adds legendary clothing, helmets, and hats
>Over 450 new legendaries added
>Realize I'll never get anything for my outfit, but I need that carrot on a stick

>when the various nuclear wastelands become your clothing closet
That's when you know you've reached end game.
At least with New Vegas it was easy, clothes that talk to you plus a beret and gas mask.

>tfw there is not a single MRE left in the Federal Ration Stockpile or anywhere else in the entire east coast but you get a slice of perfectly preserved pie

Going to repost from the old thread:
How exactly am I supposed to get a "Wild Child" reputation with any of the groups?
Don't they all get hostile on sight the moment I drop down to "Hated"?

I honestly should do a fresh run with them, but I don't think I can stomach it.

I'm level 40 and barely done any of the main quest because I want to do the DLCs first, but I'm sure it'll be fine

arobom babby lirel........ arobommm xdd

>tfw no Fallout MRE editions
>tfw we will never have various wasteland dishes declared by MRE God to be objectively NICE or NOT EDIBLE

Do bad things after you've done good things. And if you have already done bad things, you can do good things in disguise. The reputation system is fucked up like that. You can avoid getting shot by wearing a disguise, but they'll still know it was you after you've done some good things for them.

I guess you don't need MREs when boxed salisbury steak and eggs stay good for 200 years without refrigeration.

Oh, I thought I coudl only get wild child by first going hated and then working my way up, not the other way around. Thanks user!

strategically covering bushes

>when you edit the stats so you can wear whatever the fuck you want
Fuck min-maxing, I'm playing for that sweet AESTHETICs

shot a man with a usp and now he melts into ash

>no pump-action shotgun
>no unarmed
>no anti-materiel rifle
>no assault carbine
>no light machine gun
>no 12.7mm pistol
>no classic assault rifle
>no DKS sniper rifle
>no Wattz rifle
>no varmint rifle
>no Gauss rifle
>no recharger rifle
>only 1 (one) rocket launcher
>no grenade launcher of any sort
>no classic flamer
>no plasma caster
>no tesla cannon
>no incinerator
>no chainsaw
>no axe
>no spear
>no melee throwing weapons at all
>no super sledge
>no lore
>no quality
>no fun
>no Obsidian

>"""""""""people""""""""" paid for this """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Fallout canon""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" game unironically

>no spear
>in a beth game
kek

....- -... / -. --. / ..- / -

00110100 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100100 00001010 01101110 01110110 00100000 01100111 01110101 01100100 00001010 00001010 01110101 01110000 01110110 01101111 01110100 01100101 00001010 01110100 01111000

>mfw can't live out Wasteland Crusader fantasies as I have in all other Fallouts because of voiced lines
Thanks Todd.

00111110 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101110 00100000 01101101 01100101 01101100 01100101 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01100011 01101000 01100101 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01100001 01101101 00001010 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100111 01100001 01101101 01100101

WHY HAS EVERYTHUNG FUCKRN BROKEN AFTER UPDSTING TO THE NEW CC VERSION

1.9.4 WAS GREAT, NO, IT WAS GOOD

IT BROKEN HERE AND THERE BIT IT WAS RELIABLE WHEN IT WANTED TO BE

NOW ON 1.1 (nice version number scheme Todd, seems like everything you morons do is backwards) NOTHING FUCKIG WORKS IVE UPDATE F4SE AND HALF THE NEW F4SE DONT WORK

THE MCM DOESNT WORK

WHEN I PLAY A NEW SAVE AND LOAD IT UP AFTER CLOSING THE GAME I LOSE ALL MY ITEMS AND ALL MY MODS FUCK UP AND RESTART

FUCKING HELL TODD FUCK YOU I JUST WANT TO PLAY FALLOUT 4 FFS I CANT EVEN FUCKING DO THAT

If you could fix three things about Fallout 4, what would they be?
I would definitely remove voiced lines as a start.

>no player voice
>no power armor at levl 1(make it worth getting dont place them every 10 feet)
>no legendary meme(replace with ammo types and npcs swapping on you)

I would remove the cancerous NMA fanbase

You need to delete the scripts folder and everything related to the old f4se, then install the new f4se and every scripted mod that requires it (also check for the updates).

>replace with ammo types
automatically worthless

Needs more assclown quotes

that's it really
no voiced lines means decision depth goes up and more quests because they don't need to retain the same VA to record each and every phrase
also makes the story actually emotionally meaningful because instead of playing out like a stilted soap opera conversations go back to just the character in front of you and the voice in your head

every other stupid system becomes forgivable once yes-sarcasticyes-question-no goes away

>operators give you the most tribute and are the coolest gang
>the other two edgelord groups have better perks for my build
damn it

01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101011 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 01110011 01100101 01101100 01110110 01100101 01110011

>no voiced lines means decision depth goes up and more quests because they don't need to retain the same VA to record each and every phrase
Someone has never played skyrim I see.

VA did nothing to limit how many decisions are in the game.

>You can avoid getting shot by wearing a disguise, but they'll still know it was you after you've done some good things for them.
this is why I hate systems like karma and/or reputation

>no voiced lines means decision depth goes up and more quests because they don't need to retain the same VA to record each and every phrase
Do you honestly believe this

>disciples wear knockoff scrap metal assassin's creed gear
>pack wears rainbow zoo punk gear
>operators wear tin foil bowties and knuckle sized rusty belt bucked
off them on fashion alone

Is that it? It'll fix the mods from restarting everytime I load a save?

Mate if this works you're a legend

>no voiced lines means decision depth goes up
have you played any bethesda game ever?

Those perks become irrelevant after Lv.70 because by the time you finish Automatron you should be one-hitting everything anyway.

Its actually kind of hilarious that New Vegas used such a system when Morrowind had something similar, and had all these same problems, which is why Bethesda dropped it for Oblivion.

But I guess that is Obsidian for you, always a decade or so behind everyone else.

>other two edgelord groups
>implying the operators are any better

Being greedy, aka basically a merc is objectively better than being a sociopath who tortures people to death for fun.

My game was crashing and most of my mods wouldn't even load at all. I just [manually] deleted everything script-related, fresh-installed the newest version of f4se, uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled the newest version of every mod that required it, then it was all running as intended.

If you don't keep the Discples friendly so you can stick it in Dixies ass, you might as well be fucking gay.

>Playing garbage walking simulator
Yeah no

>not killing her first

fag

operators give you the most loot and are the most "normal"

Disciples are edgelords

Pack are okay...the animal fighting sounds in their base are annoying

thats the thing, their perks are good for a melee build which is what I am doing, Dixies ass is not that appealing desu. But operators make the most sense due to giving loot, and basically being slightly edgier gunners, so if you are going to run an organised raider faction it makes sense to make them the backbone BUT operator perk is completely useless to me

>leaders are rich kids that got throw out of diamond city for being shitasses
>that whole mind control thing they've got going on
'no'

thats what I mean, operators are the most normal, so from rp perspective I want to back them, but the other two groups have better perks for a melee character

I generally restart at around level 40, hell I might restart again and do the exact same melee raider playthrough only with some edgy slavery mods, though the only slavery mod that exists at the moment is pretty barebones

>there are people that thought voiced protagonist was a good thing
>some of those people are in this thread

Even if obsidian had the title it would have come to this eventually.
Its time to make like the seirra madre, and let go

Its funny people meme this because I remember one of the biggest demands back in the Morrowind days was for all NPCs, and the player, to be voiced in future games.

OFC, back then, most people said things like crossbows, throwing weapons, and spears, should be removed because they are useless weapons.

At least the Operators make sense. They want money. And at least the Pack has a semblance of hierarchy and leadership. The Disciples are just the edgiest spike covered fuckers to ever exist. The Operators are about as much of a Raider group as the Gunners.

Look I know Dixie makes your little peepee hard but the Disciples are the worst edgelords around.

>That No-Caps Rage
this is the best perk in game

its not a good thing, I would prefer branching dialogue with lots of choices, BUT THIS IS A BETHESDA GAME, VA or not you are not getting anything like that

if you buy enough bethesda shills you might see em in creation club

yeah i know, i didn't mention them
the disciples are the worst but the operators are pretty up there

i think fallout 4 may be the worst story about androids i've ever seen

>tfw couldn't even be bothered to finish the game

>Lv.70
You're already a demigod around lvl 40/41 because at that point you should have maxed out your craftingperks and your dedicated combatperk to kill everything.

Better Story.
Better Gameplay.
Better Developer.
:^)

Voiced characters in general are bad for RPGs because:

1- we can't fully customize the game to our liking and still make it look vanilla, like adding new NPCs, quests, etc. that still fit perfectly and seamlessly into the game.
2- people who truly enjoy roleplaying prefer to imagine how each character sounds like according to how their dialogue was written. That's specially evident in Old World Blues where you can very easily tell the personalities of each scientist just by reading their dialogue, and that was remarkably well-made because that's exactly how prolific fiction book authors design their characters, and it's one of the reasons why people who actually read the books prefer the books over the movies, because you can get a real feel of the personality of each character in the book straight from the author. That's how RPGs should be like imho.

But then again text-only RPGs are only good if they have a top-down view. Face to face text-only would be really bad, specially in first person.

Also, Fallout 4 would be even worse if the protagonist had no voice because Nate and Nora are the first protagonists in the series that are pre-made and have a solid backstory. I personally wouldn't be able to just imagine how they sound like as I did in the previous Fallouts where my character had its own personality and backstory. If you watch the interviews with Brian Delaney and Courtenay Taylor you'll learn they put a lot of effort into the personalities of Nate and Nora according to their respective backstories. Nate has a bold but neutral personality, while Nora has a salty but good-natured personality. Courtenay in particular based Nora's personality on an actual friend of hers who's married to a soldier.

I'd say Fallout 4 was an interesting novelty to experience even though I wouldn't want a pre-made protagonist ever again. FO4 was a new thing, fine, cool, now let's please go back to a voiceless/backstoryless protagonist.

>I JUST WANT TO PLAY FALLOUT 4
Yeah well there's your problem.

>I wouldn't want a pre-made protagonist ever again.
All RPG protagonists have a premade backstory

>now let's please go back to a [...]backstoryless protagonist.
This has never been a thing.

Fuck off. There's a difference between "You're a vaultdweller and look for a Waterchip" and "You're a pre-war well-educated woman with a law degree who married a soldier and had a son with him,survived in a vault and now look for your son".

Just compare FO3 with FO4.Even though your vaultdweller has a backstory, the player has the opportunity to flesh out character and personality during the much hated vault childhood to the point that your character can be a spitefull teenager who hates his dad for having you kicked out or whatever.

So what you're saying is that you agree with me that all RPG protagonists have a backstory. That's exactly what you're admitting right now.

>All RPG protagonists have a premade backstory
Yes, the premade character backstory of Witcher and the premade character backstory of Fallout 1 are literally identical, i agree.

>All RPG protagonists have a premade backstory
Not a backstory, but a background. A backstory is having a predetermined age, profession, skill sets and overall personality. A background is merely a place of origin at best, like a tribe, a vault, a settlement, etc., and you build your character's personality from there.

The Chosen One has a background, but not backstory.
The Lone Wanderer has a background, and little backstory.
The Courier has a background and a fairly pre-made backstory, which already limits roleplaying quite a bit.
The Sole Survivor has a background and a very specific backstory, which really limits roleplaying and makes the game feel too linear for an RPG.

>This has never been a thing.
Depends on your interpretation of what's a backstory. I've always been a hardcore roleplayer (as in full autism) and I personally prefer to be able to choose my character's background and build his/her backstory and personality from there.

I'm saying it's a matter of how strict the given backstory is.Is it just a certain theme or premise (you grew up in a vault)that allows you to fill in the blanks or is it a fully fleshed out 500 pages long resume.

>The Courier has a background and a fairly pre-made backstory
If you take Lonesome Road into account, yeah.
Before that the Courier was pretty much blank slate.

> "You're a pre-war well-educated woman with a law degree who married a soldier and had a son with him,survived in a vault and now look for your son".
Not him, but that still isn't much of a backstory. We have no indication about Nate or Nora's hobbies, or anything else they did

>If you take Lonesome Road into account, yeah.
and you wouldn't because.....

>The Courier has a background and a fairly pre-made backstory
>fairly pre-made
You're a mailman that delivered at least one package and got stopped before you could deliver another.

waaaooowww huge story how can i possibly tweak anything about it

the thing about LR is you can completely disregard what Ulysses says because theres more than 1 courier (including him) who could have delivered the detonator.
compared with 4 where you can't bullshit anything aside from what happened to you in the vault. and then its a lie ingame and irl because its an ice vault

Just saying that before that (final) DLC dropped it was a blank slate, not that it should be ignored, that's all.

Wasn't a blank slate at all.
Fucking moron """"RPG""" """""""""""Enthusiasts"""""""""""""""""""

I think the way Bethesda did it just doesn't mesh well. When you have very strict character backstory, then give it a tight plot and actually try to tell a story, like Mass Effect or Witcher.

Don't make a predefined character and then drop it into a do-whatever-you-want-lmao sandbox.

nod an argument

>Don't make a predefined character and then drop it into a do-whatever-you-want-lmao sandbox.
Witcher 3 did literally just that.

>nod an argument
>nod

>do-whatever-you-want-lmao sandbox
>Witcher
You have very low standards for "do-whatever-you-want", user.

True, but unless you assume that Nate/Nora are sociopaths, they have a clear motivation.
I honestly can't think of any reason why the FO4 MC would fuck around in Sanctuary and help some knuckleheads plant crops or do any sidequests instead of plowing straight through any opposition on his quest for Shaun.

But, to be fair, the game allows you to plow through the mainquest and then do all sideshit after the credits rolled.

By his definition of what makes an RPG even Mario 64 would be considered an RPG as you take the role of an Italian plumber on a quest to save his Nordic bootycall from a Koopa chad.

>worked as a courier
>roleplaying as a scientist

Because it makes perfect sense to be a technologically prolific super genius who worked most of his life as an errand boy or some other low IQ profession. I love New Vegas but the pre-made backstory of the Courier do limit roleplaying, unless being shot in the frontal lobe twice somehow raises your IQ points by 60 rather than just turning you into a murderous psychopath.

I think there's a limit to what makes an RPG and what makes an adventure game. Mass Effect and Witcher are adventure games, much like the Tomb Raider series, not RPGs. An RPG allows you to *create* your role, rather than take the role of an entirely predetermined character.

Fallout 4 has RPG mechanics, but a very obvious adventure setup, and that just doesn't fit AT ALL. The beginning is also very linear because it essentially forces you to go find your lost son if you're actually roleplaying the game and not completely ignoring that necessity. So you're trying to roleplay as a raider, but your character was a white colar married person from a traditional white family living in a nice middle class neighbourhood in Massachusetts... yeah, good luck roleplaying that into anything that doesn't fit that heavily pre-made backstory.

Fallout 4 was designed for an adventure, brainlet-oriented public, not an RPG public. They targeted the normie audience rather than their original RPG autism audience and that obviously worked really well for them from a business perspective because there are times more brainlet normies than autists in every population.

>worked most of his life as an errand boy
You're getting this from only one confirmed delivery as well as a botched one(that could be taken along the way to New Vegas, no less)?

>I honestly can't think of any reason
Lets see, they woke up over 200 years after everything they knew was destroyed, with no real weapons, armor, money, allies, or knowledge of how the post-war world is, and with the obvious fact that whoever took Shaun was well equipped.

It makes sense that the first thing you do would be to secure a base for yourself, make allies, gain information about the world, make some cash so you have the weapons/armor you need to take out whoever kidnapped Shaun.

Doing what you suggest you just get Nate/Nora killed in five mintues

what is lonesome road, also even obsidian admitted that the player character has no reason to care about anything at all in Mojave

>An RPG allows you to *create* your role, rather than take the role of an entirely predetermined character.
So Planescape Torment isn't an RPG? The original Deus Ex isn't an RPG?

RPGs are about playing a role, not headcanoning a backstory and having the game never bring it up because the developers couldn't possibly include everything a person could make up for themselves.

>RPGs are about playing a role, not headcanoning a backstory
Fucking this.

>RPGs are about playing a role
so by your definition every game is an rpg?

>Doing what you suggest you just get Nate/Nora killed in five mintues
Except at that point you already took out half a dozen raiders ging into concord and another dozen raiders and a deathclaw going out of concord so it's already established 30 minutes into the game that the MC can overcome all opposition.

dragon age origins handled the backstory thing pretty well - its well defined but you had a lot of choice city fem elf was glorious if you wanted to play as an edgelord

>what is lonesome road
"you delivered a package and it blew up when you weren't around"
wow that takes away all of my options for character history because unreliable narrators don't exist