ADOM r81 released for free, get it here
adom.de/home/downloads.html

/dev/null tribute tourney has begun!
Play it at hardfought.org

Infra Arcana 19.2 released
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

vpaste.net/rN5L9
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for "user who rolled slex has to play it"

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

I will! Thank you mother!

Not one person who rolled played their game

Rolling for SLEX

Your sacrifice was not in vain, user.
Many blessings on your runs.

Time for more Sil runs!

the absolute madman

Indeed, brother.
full archery run going swell.

It's alright.

Yeah I always play at least one run on the game I roll except cata, fuck that shit

what the fuck is that font
jesus christ i knew ponylikers had bad taste but i didn't realize it was THAT terrible

I did

>page 9
ded genra

Bad post

I'm sorry

...one must imagine Morgoth happy.

>vanilla sil

Are there variants? Or mods?
didn't realize the old thread was dead

ughghghgh i wanted to play sil but fine

fucking fiiine

that ended quickly

Ohhhhh Booooyyyyyy

alright i'm bored
reroll

>mfw Kevin singlehandedly ruined Cataclysm:DDA
I haven't really played roguelikes in a while now but I always go back to those forums every few months just to confirm that it's still shit. Looks like development has completely halted, they havent even had any releases in years

>releases
Just play experimental.
>Kevin
Play Coolthulhu's fork.
>shit
No fixing that, I guess. It's intrinsic to the genre.

Ringle no longer rides alone.

Look closer. Latest release was today, the release before, yesterday. Three releases the day before, and the day before, and the day before...

I'm not surprised you don't know what's what, since you practically admitted you don't even play roguelikes.

literally read the op

Cataclysm isn't even a roguelike.

i died on MiBe after finding the sniper crossbow
this must be an early sign of dementia

>all those great arts
How

Oh well, it's not gonna happen anyway, so I'll play instead.

>khajiit
>Not called katia

Pick lucky personality.

Was pretty straightforward after picking up Ringil, though I almost did manage to die a couple times since for some reason I have Low HP Warning off like a fool.

Morgy is stupid tough now. Couldn't dent the fucker past 1 star even with about 4 +29, 3d7 attacks (3 of which are sharp) per round. Probably need to liberally apply hueg strength greataxe of flaming sharpness or some shit to manage.

Dump: vpaste.net/rN5L9

how could i possibly do this without slaying weapon? some user in this thread said that i'm retarded and it's a very important thing.

I know about experimentals you faggit
true

You know what else? DCSS seems to be going to shit as well, every update is worse than the last. From the time they removed Pakellas it seemed to be downhill.

>Entered the forge 'Orodruth'
oh you did NOT just fucking find that at 500 fucking feet.
You lucky bastard.

The next DCSS release is probably going to be the best one since non-meleebug 0.16.

If they remove food & ID game too it will be the best one ever.

Pretty excited.

>I know about experimentals you faggit
Then why are you lying? Why are you saying they haven't had a release in years when you know they have releases on a near-daily basis?

Sick of dying in Rogue Survivor, hit me up with that dank roguelike

>Decker
Fucking hell.

Does Unexplored count as a roguelike? It doesn't have turn based movement but it's a pretty by the numbers dungeon crawler

>doesn't have turn based

does it have askee graphics?

>not turn based
>not grid based
I mean it's not /rlg/ but it's pretty rogueish, i might pick it up

just because it doesn't have all the high-value factors of the berlin interpretation doesn't mean it's not a roguelike, user

>orc soldier with earthquake skill
OH GOD WHAT

Morgoth Jr.

no seriously that's a hell of a bug if I've ever seen it

what is everyone's issue with dcss

Still has food traps and item id.

too hard for my 2 int brain

Thanksgiving plans arelgee? Ignore the family and play roguelikes all day?

I'm game, maybe we could have a specific game for that day? Not sure which one would fit the Thanksgiving aesthetic though

uh, you know stuff and things
sleeping

is it cheating if I start my sil game on christmas and startscum my present

y

so do all of the other games posted in this thread

>weed dispensaries in Cata:DDA
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude lllmmmmaaaaaoooooo

Have you ever been to Vermont?

Weed dispensaries aplenty.

I have issues with every game posted in this thread.
That's what love is.

Removed Deathknight
Removed Sludge Elf
Massively lowered consumables and added luck based movement while making higher level enemies regularly spawn earlier, while adding no tools to deal with these enemies, meaning for much of the game the absolute and even only real option is to just run away and stair hop.
Tha's about it for me. Other stuff like dumb gimmick gods I don't care about

>ora ora you came to the wrong dungeon, elfboy

>The gun performance is 100% expected with the current system. Military standard vests are quite capable of stopping 9mm fmj with no appreciable damage to the wearer.
Likewise the arrow and knife results are expected and intended.
If anything the unintended behavior is that you can bypass so much protection by switching to using blunt force and that 9mm jhp does any damage at all.

These are reversed if we're considering the scenario from outside the perspective of the game. While the body armor is capable of stopping these rounds, it is not necessarily capable of doing so indefinitely.
If you e.g. unloaded a full magazine of 9mm into a zombie wearing an armored vest, the vest will degrade and start letting some rounds through.

Similarly, this armor doesn't have full coverage, you can at least in theory aim to miss the armor and bypass it entirely. This would greatly increase the difficulty of hitting, but if the alternative is doing no damage, or having to use 30+ rounds to take down one zombie, it's an attractive option.

Likewise with a knife, as long as you know the layout of the armor, you can aim to avoid it and hit places that are unprotected. I'd expect this to make it harder to hit, but not to the same degree as with shooting.

So in summary, there are some features we could add around armor degradation and having the player avoid hitting the armor that would make this work more like you may expect it to.

Side note, @Coolthulhu is off base here, this kind of armor should not be letting some of the damage through, from that point of view

>it is
>working
>exactly
>as
>intended.

>giant spiked club of reaching

Any game where you can genocide the indigenous population should work

I remember when it was a fun zombie slaughterfest where you scavenged and roamed.

Now it's all about layering 40 pieces of equipment until your forge survivor gear and you spend 2 years of ingame time crafting a base and looking for recipe books.

Technically that could be any roguelike since you're usually entering a big already inhabited dungeon and killing everything in sight. I'm voting for Stone Soup

THANK YOU STEALTH

>stealth
what a shitter

>I'm game, maybe we could have a specific game for that day? Not sure which one would fit the Thanksgiving aesthetic though

Brogue since the entire game is built around starving to death and thanking the RNG whenever you find food.

>D:2
That's questions.
t. questions.

I already celebrated genocide day last month by playing nethack.

whens hellbrogue

Sign of a bad player.

one nothing wrong with me

biskup'd

don't forget to acquire trident from blup's mom for its have slaying - a very important thing. if you'll have a raven of course

Can someone help me finding a rougelike I played long ago?

It starts with you as some native tribal on an caribean island, you have no cloths and an overseer is cracking a whip against nearby plantage workers. There where some tourists too.

So you go to a dungeon and fight a gigant plant in an bossfight.

And ahm.. that is all I remember
It was a freeware game I think
help would be appreciated

IVAN. It's great.

Play CLIVAN, because the guy who made IVAN is dead

ivan
where in the one white slave is the only one who gets anything done

I'm gonna blow your mind user
you ready
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

Is that the same dev? I thought he died.

He's not dead as in deceased, he's dead as in incursion dead.
gave the code to the new blood and they're continuing his legacy

oh okay that's good then.

adom tiles are gross

Fuck's sake, anons, don't spook me like that.

DELET TILES

Yeah they're really bad. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the Cata tilesets though.

Thanks
I didn't like it at first because the dungeons where soo abstrusely big and I literally starved trying to find the exit, but I'm going to retry it now again.

Lol that's hardly an issue. You'll enjoy it, if you enjoy dying in hilariously elaborate fashions and having the game rise up to crush you as soon as you get a little advantage.

yeah try to play r60 version, it's ok there

I think the graphics are cute. They're just not suited to a roguelike.

i just switched to ascii instead

pop-up shit won't disappear this way

That was fairly anticlimatic, basically everything in D50 was dying left and right to slaying ammo or melee attacks. Even the greater balor went down in 3 turns.

I was surprised that despite starting off with goodish learning and literacy merchants learn spells about as well as fighters, even with 40 learning and max literacy I was struggling to learn the light spell.

this was intended

ADOM has multiple endings, there's a lot more to do in the game than just crush the main dungeons.

tfw kicked a door open in adom and went blind and got killed because prayer failed

I'm gonna do it, goys!

I'm gonna buy ADOM!