/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don't miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>Use Wakestone [Y/N]

How can autism ruin days of fucking work
>Decide to make a new save from an old Sorcerer game.
>Make a warrior
>Play with it for a couple of days and even make a modded warrior with a shortbow
>Pretty cool shit and having fun
>Fuck up the beloved quest and get princess loli
>I really wanted Selene, and I know how to fix it
>I need to manually change the .ini file
>Fairly simple and really easy
>Somehow, FUCK IT UP
>LOSE ALL THE HOURS PUT INTO THE MODDED WARRIOR AND NOW THE SORCERER SAVE HAS COME BACK

So, I am back to being a sorcerer I guess.
I could make a warrior that wields a Warhammer and a magic bow tho, and with this my magic bow is not as weak, BUT FUCK, I LOST HOURS AND HOURS OF WARRIOR PLAYTIME FOR A MESSING UP IN THE .INI FILE
FUCK
RIP WARRIOR

post arisens to revive the thread

My revived sorcerer

Compelled to slap elf-ears on everything

>it's almost 2017
>no Dragon's Dogma 2 even announced
>DDON is still Japan-only, and kinda bad anyway
>Bannerlord is STILL not released
>Souls series is over
Truly a dark age for 3D action-RPGs.

Male

Can't get arrested by guards if all the guards are caught up in your Maelstrom

>tfw min-maxing ruined the game for me

What other games are there with such a tasteful blend of low fantasy aesthetics, high fantasy themes, and mythological creatures?

None

One of the things I fucking love about DD are how it depicts classical creatures

Monsters you want for DD2?

>Manticore
>Basilisk
>Mushussu
>Catoblepas
>Stolas
>Medusa
>Dullaham

Holy hell, there is a lot of potential

>Cerberos
>ANYTHING from D&D (Gelatinous cube? All the types of undead, paralyzing ghouls etc)
>Kraken, like a mountain of Brine
>Snake-people/Naga/Ophidians
>Actually interesting human enemies like the possessed pawns
>Greek Titans
>Surma
>Unicorns
>Treants
>Spirits that aren't actually shit
>Lamia

6 gives my arisen a new haircut (pls no female ones)

Don't talk to me or my little sister.

Oh, /ddg/, you're back.

are those fangs?
is this a mod?

INTO
THE
BRINE

That's probably a mod, but, mouth 27 I believe actually has fangs.

>mouth 27 I believe
My bad, it's 31

Not a mod, its mouth 27.

Jokes on you, I already brined her so I could do a solo BBI warrior run.

Chelsea Wolfe?

27 actually does have fangs too eh? I can't see them in the CC. Neato

Well shit.
Is that the one with buck teeth then? I could have sworn the one with fanfs is #27.

Nah, fangs is 31. Buck teeth is also in the 30's I believe but I just turned the game off.

So i am betewwen haircut 08 and and 37.
Which one do you guys think looks better?

So I'm just about to fight Grigori in NG+ but I also definitely want to play through Blackbitter Isles. When do i stop progressing in the Main Quest? I know that i can't do anything anymore after stepping through the wakestone portal in the everfall so i have to stop progressing somewhere.

Bitterblack is entirely independent of the main game. You can tackle that whenever you feel like you're ready.

Hecatoncheires, with a hundred arms, might be difficult to pull off, but six-armed gegenes would be fun.

Some proper bird enemies could add some diversity to the fliers—something as simple as stymphalian birds for normal enemies, or for something more boss-like, a roc or phoenix.

I'd really like some more aquatic encounters if we were ever to get a sequel, so naiads could be a good source of inspiration for common watery enemies. Scylla and charybdis could make for a cool boss fight, though that might be getting into more God of War territory.

If it's your first time, I recommend going through the whole non-BBI game before hitting BBI, as it's really easy to overlevel and BBI equipment is far more powerful than on Gransys. is entirely correct, however.

My lvl 30 sorc pawn got hired by three ppl got about 50k rc and some goodies.

>oh, wait, peel the flesh from my bones
>that actually is kinda funny

>DD goes on sale for Black Friday
Spread the word fellow Arisens, maybe we can net 5 new players to keep the general afloat.

I've been using the character creation all wrong.

Does mystic knight shit up the framerate in the ps4 version as it did in the ps3 version?

Only if you use the Cannons when smooshed up against a wall or tight space. The framerate is tremendously solid this time around.

No, PS4 manages to maintain fairly solid frames, though they're locked down to 30.

Wonderful. Thank you for the info.

Are there axes? I cant find any. I just want to be a dwarven axe nigger

No axes, but you can be a dwarven warhammer nigger if that catches your fancy.

Aww. I guess that'll work too but i find the 2 hand class boring

There are some brutal looking maces for mystic knights, if that takes your fancy? You can always ignore the more inherently magical skills if you want a purely mundane dorf.

>50 replies
deaddddd

>letting the duke kill aelinore

>mfw trying to savescum chests pre-NG+

Do you need to be a warrior to do anything about the walls with open spaces behind them in the Abandoned Mine?

Frigor and gicel can break them open. Not sure if any other skills can.

It's too bad you can't pick up NPCs and move them between areas, feeding her to the gorechimera that shows up on the beach would be fun.

Cymbal Attack and Shield Strike are the only Fighter moves that Hellfang's effect would work on, right?

>still trying the same chest

why don't people like pawns with DLC armor? what is the point of having it at all if you arent gonna use it? I see nothing wrong with using it outside of using it in the early game where it is pretty busted

The main problem is oversaturation. There are so many online pawns that use it that it gets really boring.

Another problem is that a lot of it is recognizeable as the outfits (or parts of the outfits) of major NPCs, which just makes it look a bit awkward on other characters. Subtler stuff like Barroch's chest armor isn't so bad, but the princess dress just stands out like a sore thumb.

why would you do this?

Aughtism mostly. I'm stubborn as fuck.

should I make my pawn red or yellow lads?
I'm red myself

or blue, too

FANGS
A
N
G
S

Too bad you can't feed the duke to a chimera

My sweet /ddg/ I was so scared

>replying hours later
PS4 or PC?

I want packs of Satyrs, their ambushes are signaled by shrill pipes and thundering hooves.

I genuinely think it's about time to pack it in, guys. It's been a good 5 years, but without an new game (Seneschal) the general (World) falls stagnant.

Your fucking mom falls stagnant you fucking faggot.

Dude, my mother's in a wheelchair... how could she possibly fall over?

The final design is clearly the best. The others are are so shitty,

>handsome woman
Was this a translation mix-up or is it ok to call women handsome now?
I don't think "handsome" when I see Madeleine

It's always fun seeing the concept art.
Have any more?

This general can't die, I'm having serious trouble deciding between fighter and assassin. I've researched every skill they can get, but my decision basically hinders on how much I'll need dire gouge and a shortbow. Is BBI REALLY going to be vein-poppingly frustrating as a fighter rather than assassin?

The nice thing about DD's class system is that there's really no downside to switching as much as you like. You don't have to worry about build for anything. If you spend 200 levels as a warrior and decide you want to be a sorcerer, all that really means is that you're forced to use endgame equipment to be effective—but you're still effective.

So be a fighter AND an assassin. Switch up as much as you like. Figure out what you enjoy, or just enjoy all of it!

Trust me, get assassin.
You WILL need a bow eventually

Why did enchanted weapons have to suck so much.

They don't even suck all that much. Before I understood how defense thresholds in the game worked, I almost exclusively used enchanted weapons and I beat Daimon 2.0 as every vocation that way.

What's going through BB as a MK like? Starting to find things difficult with a magic-less Arisen, but I want to keep my armour/sword.

Its pretty easy if you keep up the buffs.

Well alright then. Maybe I'll grind to 100 then switch to assassin before BBI.

They don't if you're a Magick Archer using Scension

Is Abyssal Riposte the most useful since it can cause torpor?

Wait, so if I play Mystic Knight after playing Sorcerer for a while, and have an enchanted weapon, if I buff it, would the magic damage stack?
So it'll be stronger than a full phys weapon with that enchantment right?

In my opinion.

Although I've heard people claim that Demonswrath is fantastic.

Thanks, want to try playing a Mystic Knight, but all the skills seem good and I don't want to be constantly switching stuff in and out. Thinking I'll go for Abyssal Riposte, Abyssal Anguish, and Blessed Trance for the shield and Great Cannon, Sky Rapture, and Full Moon Slash for the mainhand.

Solid mix.

Stone jungle is pretty good.

One last time, I should think.