/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Fuck Weebs Edition
/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Last weeks serverpolls are done, here's the results:
Add Barrows 16 Yes 17 No (48%) Status: Failed
Add Yu Narukami 30 Yes 9 No (77%) Status: Passed
Area 1 had a good case or something

Last thread:

UPDATE WHEN

What's the best AA case and why is it not from Justice For All?

Are you telling me you didn't trust a face like this?

Soon™

6-5 or 3-5

How bad are the lead DAs in this community when the biggest meme prosecutor player has a win record of over 20?

He's been here for a year and he has a lot of time on his hands. One in three cases or trials are a Verin case or trial. Eventually, regardless of his efforts, a positive verdict is likely to occur.

Why are all the big name shitters neets or people who resemble neets?

The one true ranking

I paid twenty euros for the Android port of Dual Destinies.
How much am I going to regret this?

>Why are all the big name shitters neets or people who resemble neets?

The same reason this community is spiraling the toilet. The community is made up primarily of neets so guess who sticks around and becomes well-known (in a good or bad way)?

Basically all these passive-aggressive autists with nothing better going on in their lives are the only ones left sticking around, hence all the stupid shitposting and drama.

Ehhhhhh I'd kinda regret that but enjoy the ride anyway. DD handholds you a lot, but the final case is genuinely fun.

The final case is horrendus.

I think you mean the DLC case

DD has Blackquill, though aside from that is mediocre.

I completely agree with this. Without Blackquill DD would've been the worst game in the series easily.

DLC case was amazing, too bad it was DLC though.

Sigh, not really. DD doesn't have any awful cases like 2-3 or 4-3. People call Monstrous the worst DD case, but for me, it had a cool client.

Though how they treated Trucy was a fucking crime, same about how they just soft-rebooted stuff from AJ. But on the other hand, AJ is guilty on its own for being unable to properly clean its own mess.

AJ is guilty because it never had a proper sequel that it should have. It's just a open game with open mysteries that were intended to be solved in a possibile sequel.

I could live with Mason System being explained later on, same about Apollo not learning anything about himself.

But Phoenix in the epilogue just forgets 4-1 made him not worthy of being a lawyer again and the game solves his conflict with Apollo offscreen.

Not to mention, the game really should have explained why Klavier never fucking bothered about Kristoph befriending Phoenix "don't trust this forger" Wright. They kinda hinted that Klavier was terrified of facing the truth on his own, but that wasn't enough.

Which is kinda funny for the fact that you can literally skip AJ and not miss anything. Which is what I did, still going through it though.

What does it take to be a good witness as something who hasn't tried cause it seems hard?

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone have been able to play the Ace Attorney games on some sort of emulator. I consider myself a fan of the series but unfortunately had to stop playing when I was done with all the DS games. I'd much rather find a way to play it myself than watch it on youtube.

how did the mods botch this update so hard?

Use DeSmuME, the best DS emulator. You can emulate the entire trilogy of Ace Attorney, Apollo Justice, and both Ace Attorney Investigations. There's a version that also runs the 3DS games as well.
Citra is the best for the newer 3DS games, that's for stuff like AA5, AA6, DGS 1 and 2, and Layton vs AA. Just keep in mind you need a good PC for it.
If you want the ROMs, Emuparadise is a classic for that, but you can search for that easily on your own.
There's also the simple option of buying a 2DS for

I've already played everything on DeSmuME. I downloaded Citra to play the other ones, but I went on their website and the ROMs are marked "Bad" because they don't work I guess.
My phone is probably too shit to play the game, and I don't know anything about how good iOS emulators are.

Also, is DGS translated? Last I checked it wasn't but I'm not well informed about the series.

>Posting non-canon Athena

Only first episode and it has a stupid drm, google for how to remove it.

Weight Gain is one thing, but slob is just fucking gross.

>I downloaded Citra to play the other ones, but I went on their website and the ROMs are marked "Bad" because they don't work I guess.
I tried them before and yes they work like shit. Unbelievably slow and glitchy, and I have a high-end PC. It's a common problem too so it's not like it's just an issue on my end.
>My phone is probably too shit to play the game
Android actually has a really amazing DS emulator that works on low-end phones believe it or not.

Your best option really is hacking a 2DS, honestly. It's cost-effective especially on Black Friday week, and you get literally every other 3DS games without the hassle for emulation. It's why emulation for 3DS isn't perfected anyway, because hacking has already been so good with SD cards coming into play.

>a positive verdict is likely to occur. Assblasted Gregory Edgeworth detected

Exactly this.

God bless that case.

Cynaide pills?

Taking a bunch of cyanide pills seems like overkill for an overdose.

wonder why blackquill looks so depressed

Because he wants to be edgy but AA does not let him.

I just had a random idea to create a prosecutor just for /aog/

but that prosecutor is a SharkTits™ character drawn and animated in the Phoenix Wright style

Why do people wanna kill themselves so often when a case goes awry?

Suicide by bad ((case))s is very terrible and very real. Help save a life by being a good non-meme witness.

Fuck off Verin

Please teach me how to become non-meme witness

Why is Farewell, My Tournabout so praised?

Actually negotiate with your peers so you don't fuck over everything previously established, your personality/character can be crazy as possible as long as it fits the setting/testimony somewhat, don't force autistic gimmicks, have a intended contra but don't try to wall TOO hard if things don't go your way but don't breakdown too easily either (basically try to balance between the two). Finally don't be Mr. XXX.

because it is _____fun______

>amazing plot twist
>high stakes
>filled with good character development
>satisfying as fuck final boss breakdown
>single-handedly makes up for the rest of JFA's mediocrity with its presence
What is there to NOT like about it? I guess the first part of it being a tad bit slow might be an issue to some but eh.

Why was Gyakuten Kenji 2 so good?

It was Investigations 1 but not dull and uninspired. Basically what an Edgeworth game SHOULD have been.

because of the clown

Normies.

>DUDE YOU DEFEND A GUILTY MAN XDDDD

Except Phoenix is blackmailed by a literal Bond villain who reveals the blackmail for no reason but to be evil. His motivations are one-dimensional like his character.

The blackmail also absolves Phoenix of any responsibility rather than having a more nuanced case about defense lawyers purposely defending guilty men.

DGS does the 2-4 scenario better in every conceivable way.

You sound like a completely insufferable faggot.
>DGS does the 2-4 scenario better in every conceivable way.
pffffft

It isn't so great when you think about it but I had a blast when I played it for the first time

>duhhhhh no it dudnt ur just a faget

You should like a dumb brainlet.

Same but when you pause for ten seconds to think about it, it completely falls apart and comes off as a saturday morning cartoon case.

Jesus Christ make your samefagging less obvious.

Whats the most elaborate game of Decision game you guys ever played?

>Implying he's wrong.

>>implying I'm wrong
Fixed that for you.

Imagine being this paranoid

Dunno, haven't played one. How do they work exactly? I know there's a bomb involved.

Thats fairly simple. However Ive only played one and then hosted one so my understanding of the rules might be slightly limited.

In essence its a death game. People are in a place and games/decision must be played/made. Along the game people die (everyone has bomb in their chest and usually they are killed by that). Then after the requirement is met the game. The requirement can be that a certain number of people died, certain number of games were played or enough x-passes are aquired(xpasses are aquired when you "win" a game or when someone dies)
Usually at the end of the game the IC master mind makes a bif reveal and the game ends.

Its pretty fun.

That's a fair point, and I think that's why long cases became normal, and why our definition of long is now 8 hours instead of 3-4 when we were starting out.

>Basically all these passive-aggressive autists with nothing better going on in their lives are the only ones left sticking around, hence all the stupid shitposting and drama.
I don't want to believe this, but I'm warming to it, especially since someone pointed out to me that we don't ban or permaban people nearly as much as we used to despite having far more hateable individuals running around. The only thing keeping me on the server is the lack of active alternative servers.

Talk to the other witness and detective. For a story built up by multiple people, you can't solo it and not cooperate with them. But that's roleplay 101 - if you're not cooperating with people, things will get hairy very quickly. The biggest mistake you can make on witness or detective is not talking to the other people. Even if you're bad at writing, talking to the other people can only mitigate that.

Having a clear plan for your testimony is useful. That's self explanatory. Planning what you write before you write it is just good full stop.

Other user touched on gimmicks, and I agree. Gimmicks aren't even necessary. They were rare for the longest time with very good reason. Definitely don't do something only you will be likely to enjoy.

Neat, seems interesting. Haven't had a go at a Zero Escape game so it'd be fresh.

Which background is that?

Susato a cute!

What are decision games?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, /aog/.
Stay MOTIVATED.

>Dante
>Not a shitty recolor of Klavier

>tfw because of this casing today will be dead.

Thanks.

>american thanksgiving is in the middle of the week

Wot

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

So here, an appropriate thanksgiving message:
Well things started out pretty usual. I came home, hugged my bride, and she told me that she was preparing dinner. Turkey, a favorite of mine. As long as it's over an open fire. Still many aspects of the western life ain't for everybody, so she cooked it in the oven. So I went to shower and dress down for the day. Me and my wife, we got along on many fronts, despite her insistence on being a city girl with a cowboy. Like handling the housework and such when it needs to be done. Hence I would usually cook if she didn't object too much. But when I went up to the room... ... I found this hair on the floor when changing into my slippers. It wasn't my wife's and neither of us wore wigs or dyed our hair. So I suspect she was having my little brother come over or a friend. I picked up the hair so I could toss it into the trash downstairs. The stair steps are all the same. Carpeted. Anyway she saw me about to toss the hair, and she looked a bit... squeamish at first. Then rather angry. I thought it was just a pretense for making up, but then she got indignant and accused me of sneaking some woman here! As if I'd invite anyone in our bedroom with her. So I just stepped out to let her calm herself and went upstairs to call my brother to see if he was coming over.

Then rather angry. I thought it was just a pretense for making up, but then she got indignant and accused me of sneaking some woman here! As if I'd invite anyone in our bedroom with her. So I just stepped out to let her calm herself and went upstairs to call my brother to see if he was coming over. She got really loud then. As if I was going to do something else than use the phone. So then I got frustrated and started screaming at her a bit from the stairs. Then she went off to the kitchen in a huff. That was the last time I saw her alive. The phone actually didn't even work when I tried to call Jake, so I went in the living room to watch some tv. I heard some more yelling from the kitchen, figured she was trying to start up an argument again, so I just yelled back from the couch. Then after a bit I started to smell some smoke! Like I knew she wasn't the best cook, but I didn't expect her to set the house on fire! So I ran off to the kitchen, worried and angry at the same time. Like this might be her way at spiting me for ignoring her during our spat. That's when I learned I wasn't a married man anymore... I wanted to go to her, but the fire and the smoke! Fuck you clown. I had to try and put out the fire as best as I could, which is why I grabbed the oven mitt. Damn turkey was nearly pitch black! I never burned anything that badly, even on an open flame back in the day! And not even a sound from the smoke alarm despite how hard it was getting to breathe! I found that odd, since one of us usually has that kind of thing taken care of. Even as a boy, I was never that foolhardy.

The police had come by at the time I was close to getting it under control. I figured they were trying to help me since I was a member of the force and suffocating from smoke inhalation. But they actually arrested me on the spot! Since they said that weird girl next door had heard our argument. One argument. Despite that me and her definitely made up plenty in the past. I couldn't even call my brother or her relatives! I didn't get confirmation she was dead until I was in jail. Although I knew. I never wanted to admit it though. Frankly, I find it hilarious the prosecution's assertion that I killed wearing oven mitts! I'm a skilled cowboy from the womb and likely to the tomb, but I couldn't stab her with those mitts even if I ever wanted to! I hated wearing them anyway. Might as well say I stabbed the turkey! Anyway that's all unless you need someone, pardners

>Rh*da spent an a hour witch hunting ILA without getting in trouble
Hypocracy and mod favoritism at its finest.

Fuck off, Verin.

Just add it to the pile of things he's done since being unpermabanned that have been ignored.

why is he still here when even som eof the worst people despise him?

Who?

>It's always Verin complaining about fucked up things.
Well good. If other people won't do it, someone has to.

It wasn't witchunting, witchunting could have been what ILA mentioned that happened in Lounge and even then it would be a stretch.
Rhoda and ILA just felt the autistical need to have the last word over headcanons.

>Pretending to be other people to spark the meme against them further on is not witchhunting.
Man, I love how shittily worded and thought out the rule actually is, and how it lets me toe the line and still bully people.
Remember kids, a mod said it to me themselves. Bullying is not witchhunting!

Just ban all of them. Then none of them will complain about eachother, and we won't complain about them shitstirring in areas with eachother.

>Ban all people who shit on each other
>Suddenly the entire server is near dead
>Casing dies out then
Smart idea, shitheel, what the fuck am I even reading?

>people play this game enough to have grudges agaisnt other people in a game where you can change your name everytike you play and nobody will ever know

Wew

Guys please.
Can we please have even a Thanksgiving without namefag shittery?
Can't we be thankful for all the good times we /have/ had together?
Thankful for the memes and the smiles, for the tears and the struggles? Thankful for the turnabouts and the crippling defeats?
This is an amazing place, and for one day... Can't we all just get our heads out of our asses?

>>Pretending to be other people to spark the meme against them further on is not witchhunting.
When did he do that?
The last time he did it he got banned but I don't remember him doing it yesterday.

Someone was in the lounge pretending to be ILA.
But as long as it's not Grill's pet faggot, Verin getting bullied, no one cares.

Oh nevermind you meant in the lobby.
Yes, I guess it's tip toeing but nobody called a mod so I don't know.