/vn/ - Ai Edition

Visual Novel General #1725

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/c801
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every year, Visual Novel fans wonder why Japanese animation isn’t being taken more seriously by critics. I get it; in 2016 alone, just look at the blend of history and tradition in Clannad, Katawa Shoujo, or Lucid 9 to glimpse the versatility and sophistication Visual Novels have to offer. Why then are Visual Novels not taken seriously?

And then the otaku shrug their shoulders and go back to conversations about who the best girl is, whose waifu is trash, and how irrational anyone must be to playing a VN as soon as female characters show some T&A.

Here’s a thought: maybe critics would be more enthusiastic if the face of Visual Novels weren’t pro-Gamergate, anti-Ghostbusters trolls. I wonder how many people who were once neutral towards Visual Novels have developed an instinctive aversion to it, associating Visual Novel girls with anonymous entitlement?

Here’s another thought: maybe that’s not unfair. Maybe becoming the visual of choice for misogynistic harassers is the unsurprising result of a fandom that has spent years normalizing the objectification of women

why is it when irru and co post here someone screams e-celeb shitposting, even if its actual vn discussion

It's just one autist who replies to them from multiple IPs.

>words you will never hear from a girl

again

@196433792
If anyone actually replies to this, they're contributing to the cancer of this general.

Most likely angry pedos

Autism.

it's unlikely since pedos are happy with Runa and we got her thanks to them.
proof i'm a lolicon

For past 2 years I've been thinking that disliking plot in VNs is sort of self-irony but reading that some people genuinely call majikoi chuunishit made me realize that there are actual retards out there with their brains replaced by moeblob.

how do i become a /vn/ eceleb?
I want people to shitpost about me

>happy with both shit route and shit girl

So, who's /ourguy/, Irru or Trip?

Why not both?

Quof will be when he finishes the LxC cake routes. I can't wait for them to be done!

>Shit route
yes it was
>Shit girl
You take that back you scum. You and me one on one behind the gymnasium tomorrow.

Trip seems like a cool guy. Irru is a faggot riding on his coattails.

I know right.

See you space cowboy

ARE THOSE

If /vn/ magically had a team of illustrators, musicians and programmers ready to make a VN and ONLY had to come up with the plot, how do we make it a kamige?

Cute pantsu.

>[File deleted]
Nope. I'm #1 lewd poster here.

>how do we make it a kamige

Netorare.

Lolis

you done good

Yes! I'm so excited for this! Hopefully Quof will be done with at least one of the routes soon.

Cute lolis fighting in giant robots in space

Copy Monobeno but with more mainstream appeal characters.

every major character is great old one and they're playing a war masqueraded as a high school setting.

9/11 but with gay muslims instead

428 Shibuya when?

Saber when

>Quof actually lied about dropping LxC1

Is there some guide to getting started on translating VNs? And I don't mean the translation itself but the technical process, dumping the moonrunes in a text file or something, replacing them with english, etc. etc.

Also what's some EXTREMELY short but decent looking eroge which I can test the waters with?

If muramasa doesn't come out this year I will commit Sudoku.

yeah the guide is finding a vn you want and seeing if the engine it runs on has tools already made for it. If it does you can decompile it and find out where text is stored and start changing it. Assuming you pick something that already has a good set of tools it's pretty easy. Hardest part tends to be wordwrap since japs have spaghetti coding.

With Rakuen being in final QA stage will it finally be released on 2017?

Become quof's slave

christmas miracle

yeah since SP doesn't actually do QA.

It's like Mushishi, but with a small group of cute girls wandering the lands helping other cute girls.

Biman.

Heart boner activated.

Like Berserk but with cute girls. Bonus points if the nurse and teacher have a route.

Post Umi

Maitetsu, Lose's epic tale of love and loss starring Tanezaki Atsumi as Hachiroku, is coming to a PC near you this 2017. VNs will be saved.

>Upskirts
>Lolis
>Space stations
>Bible references

Go to fuwanovel's data extraction thread and get some tools. See which one can these tools extract. Go and dl a trial or something.

With pleasure

>H scene started, sex and stuff
>boner doesn't react
>characters start saying I love you to each other
>suddenly boner

Why does this keep happening to me, /vn/?

you like being cucked by an imaginary dude

>I posted it again

I can only enjoy life with alcohol.

Why is her hair floating?

The MC is holding a fan next to the bed.

It's hard with all the semen it got

I haven't been on /vn/ for a few days so I just read
from last thread and on a scale of 1-10 how pissed would you guys be if I told you I was the one who suggested they TL Jun'ai Road when they had that open suggestion period?

I swear I didn't think it was something that would break Trip

I've liked Tsujidou much more than Hatsukoi. Don't care.

Another proof that Quof is /ourguy/

I can't believe how much better her route was compared to the others

It's a sad example of a good girl in a shit game

What is it about tone work's that makes people love them, minus Hatsukoi obviously? They have only 3 VNs, 1 of which was panned hard, but people are waiting with bated breath for their 4th project. I'm not hating, I'm just wondering. Hoshi Ori when

1. stop being a subhuman EOP

You joke but this is actually the right answer

Not mad at all, the VN is good, it's just that Trip has bad taste.
he liked Runa's route the most

I dunno. Trip doesn't have the best taste but the things he sad about Maki route sound pretty bad. Though it's weird because JOPs were saying Ai's was the only weak route

>It’s like listening to any song from Taylor Swift’s second and third studio albums.
What did he mean by this?

>You joke but this is actually the right answer

I'm not joking in the slightest. I even considered it myself. But ultimately I'm too used to the anonymity of Veeky Forums, 100% unwilling to translate anything for EOPs and I don't play one eroge after another to keep a Twitter account going with new things.

Riho is like million times better. Drama was retarded but as a girl she was the best. She also won the /vn/ poll

>trusting JOPs
first mistake.

guns & cute girls & lolis
what vn will ensure I get a good dose of each?

>Riho is like million times better.
>Drama was retarded but as a girl she was the best
First of all, you realize I was talking about the route and Riho's route was the only one that I would consider complete shit. Second, Nagisa was the best girl

bear with me

protagonist is an alien sent from deep space to study humans after they've been confirmed to be awakening to psionic powers but he doesn't know he's an ayy lmao, has a fake past cobbled together by his spaceship and imprinted in his mind

takes the form of a JP high school boy or some shit, attending a specialized school for kids with psionics as a transfer student, his skills are all SS tier but the spaceship imprinted a memory of him killing someone with his powers so he holds back subconsciously when using them and hits a perfect middle of the road stride

saves some cute girl with his powers and she falls for him even though he's really odd and only gives vague answers about his background because he seems kind and sweet

meets a group of people via girl and they decide to put together a combat team for that year's psionic warfare championship, they make him captain because he seems pretty adept at identifying unique uses of psionic energy and stratagems

his new friends start poking and prodding his memory and eventually find out that he's an alien by finding his ship's AI, who tells them everything very matter-of-factly, including what his original form looked like and how he can no longer change back as the mission was to be a permanent posting and without his knowledge, they keep it hush hush except a really popular guy who's in their friend group, he uses it to blackmail them and splits off to form his own team for the championship

they win later but kid blabbed, turns out there's aliens of other species that have already infiltrated places like the JSDF and are trying to actively steer the course of humanity's growth or prime them to be consumed as biomatter

protag can side with humanity, either alien faction, his own, or find a solution with his friend group

bad end is protag trying to turn back into an alien after remembering everything and becoming an "i have no mouth and must scream" blob of pain and suffering

Is Last Resort actually good, lads?

>JP high school
Dropped.
>specialized school for kids with psionics as a transfer student, his skills are all SS tier
FILTERED.

Chuunige taht mix every mythology.

ok but here's the thing
you can fuck the ship and TWO senseis

also i'm just tired of chuunige having D-level protags who are all about THE WILL TO SUFFER ON

Umi and Nagisa are pretty good imo. Riho was shit and I dropped it after that.

Post victims of this tag.
Hard mode: no nurses or teachers

Not really.

Is a borefest after finishing Umi route. Nagisa and Shiori are alright. Couldnt even bring myself to finish Sango and Riho routes

Only nagisa and riho routes are good

vndb.org/c801

sad

I actually wanted to put her into very hard mode. Fugg.

;_;

that's because you're autistic - you know as well as I do that you can't self-insert into someone competent or skilled

>She's your neechan but she's actually a loli XDDDD
Shit character.

Also severe lack of h-content for Touji. Hoping for something in KnS 3.

(You)

shieet

too close to home