/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Chinkerlord in 2 weeks edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/35

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

What are mods that make the game mechanics more fun and not just historic reskins?

why don't you actually try some instead of shitposting

so you're saying there are none?

I'm posting this random shit in honor of nameless horse archer level 1 until he'll get his name

BANNERLORD NEVER EVER

MY DUBS CONFIRM IT

Multiplayer is trash don't bother even trying to talk about it losers

fucking name you now
and git gut faggot :^)

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

so you're saying you're retarded?

Poland about to into space which it can't into
still not name

>Naruto
A man of culture I see.

Jeremi

it's shit, but I rly like it
plus it was first modern anime over here (before we knew only yatta-man, captain hawk, gi-gi, this kind of shit

wow what MOUNT & BLADE mod is that?

that will do, cheers user
I don't get that kerbal sp for shit

Forgot image

MORE LIKE COCOAPOSTING XDDD

>for shipboard & animes
wait what

1600 for the win.
I don't know why I particularly like this armor

Was this an intention rip off?

or just coincidence?

Isn't late medieval plate armor so strong you can't cut through it? If so then how did they kill each other when they had plate armor? Blunt weapons?

They didn't cut through it

Guns.
Alternatively shove a blade through the gaps.

>Guns.
no

Then I guess this bulletproofed helmet weighting 16kg alone is for neck muscle development ?

jet&laser
I could place rocket at the pod so far, hard as fuck mod (0 bashing, plus you need to read shit probably even think. shit mod)
meanwhile in proper waraband, I could steal curser and kill 2 turcopoles (own), I forgot I can't pick up items w/ req. that I don't met
I've killed 1 looter too. Shit's epic

So they did what instead?
>Guns
And before guns? If guns made plate armor obsolete then why are there versions up to 1700 on which by then they must have realized already that it was obsolete
>blade through the gaps.
Aren't those gaps really fucking small and they had chainmail which protected them even further?

>If guns made plate armor obsolete then why are there versions up to 1700 on which by then they must have realized already that it was obsolete
Evolving gun focused tactics and the slow but yet steady betterment of the flintlock musket. Through the 17th century the amount of armor the amount of armor worn slowly but surely diminishes to match that evolution.
>Aren't those gaps really fucking small and they had chainmail which protected them even further?
Size of the gaps of course depends on the armor/wearer. Chainmail can (eventually and after some good effort) be pierced, or you can aim through the visor if it allows it. Also chances are someone that could afford both a complete plate armor plus the chainmail on most of his body would be more valuable alive than dead.

one steppe raiders fight later I'm starthing to think that'll be fine
I won't blogshitpost, until proper mail, horse etc (unless there will be danger of archive), there is lot bad things to do, mayby also few good ones by accitent

This is Rhodok soil

>cutting through metal with a blade
are you dumb

Have you tried Gekokujo? I hear good things about it from friends

What about that dynasty warriors mod?

Hes fast! to get covered in CACA XD

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

You don't cut through any of the armor unless you have some sort of armor-piercing point, but then it's not cutting.

You usually used some sort of focused pressure like a hammer or lance or something with a lot of mass, giving you a lot of potential energy, and a point, so that potential energy can be focused in one spot.

OR, you had weapons specifically designed to pierce mail. Of course by this point a lot of armor is just becoming plate, with mail probably covering the gaps, meaning you had to get close. I think there were some weapons designed to trap themselves in a mounted, plate-armored knight or cavalryman or something, then drag them down. Billhooks, maybe? Not sure.

Guns absolutely would work, and they worked from about the 1400s onwards. A man in plate was impervious to typical sorts of damage.

Operating word here being 'typical.' I'd imagine the cunt would have a rough time if he's being showered with massive arrows like the sorts used by longbowmen.

I never implied that
Humungus, more like stale shitpostungus

guns were pretty inconsistent to be fair in performance, and certain armors were definitely pistol proof
the lack of a point on bullets would definitely reduce their effectiveness
of course the counterpoint is that most people aren't in full harness

Arrows could pierce plate? I tought that plate was pretty much imprenetable except for the small gaps.

fuck if I know, but I would imagine being showered by a bunch of pointed, high-mass high-speed arrows would not end up being pleasant.

Bodkin arrows could pierce all but the heaviest plate armour

>of course I make stupid statements without looking anything up.

As an addendum, Longbows were effective at Crecy in 1346 when plate armor hadn't properly matured yet. At Agincourt apparently the archers were to fire at the French horses to stop the charge.

>Arrows could pierce plate?
If it was fired from an english longbowâ„¢ even a sharpened stick could go through 3 armored man with ease

what
first of all, that doesn't look anymore like calradia than any other random peninsula.
second of all, calradia isn't even an original landmass, it's anatolia.

>Anatolia
Yep, telltale (taleworlds) are hacks

pls no

I haven't really been keeping up but has there been any conclusion of whether or not Bannerlord will have a coop campaign mode?

BANNERLORD SOON

Post turkish girls

Yeah it'll be day one DLC when it releases in 2027

They considered it but they decided to focus on mp esports instead

Post yourself commiting suicide

Have they considered doing it by making the coop campaign mode turned based?

nigger r u retarded

So, how likely does everyone think campaign co-op will be?

It won't exist you dumb faggot

Ginge hinted it'd be out if not for co-op his last visit

Why this bitch so pale

no he did not

You calling franku a liar? baka

that fucking hairline

make-up

Meanwhile I'm already strong like mongolian horse archer (little one). Soon I'll be fat elite mameluk like strong I hope

I'm calling you a liar

He literally said the reason development is taking so long is because they keep trashing builds because they have no idea how they intend to implement co-op campaigns, which is the number 1 demand from the community

link the archived post bithch motherfucker

>bithch

fuck coop campaign desu. any implementation will be shit. game is simply not built for coop except having another player character in battles.

>posting something that isn't an argument

open bob

gameplay in the overworld is designed inseparably around movement in real-time. freezing one player on the map while another player completes some arbitrary number of actions is a horrible and ill thought out.

>horrible and ill though out
>playing co op with anyone other than your friends

Easily fixed by basic coordination.

No on map co-op no buy.

it's not going to have campaign co-op at all so don't worry about it

No campaign co op no buy. Might as well just play Warband forever. Nobody will buy this game without it.

lol if you actually think this

Can't imagine why you shitsmeared fuckhats think it would be difficult to implement/ would be a bad feature.

You know if it is a feature, you don't have to use it?

the fact that you and nobody else has come up with a workable campaign co-op idea where two human parties can act on the map independently in real-time proves its infeasible.
anyways you're wasting your time getting mad about people shitting on co-op, because it's not going to have it.

anons
is right
Since the point (arguably) is to unite and rule everything. there can be only one

Here is a mod I would like to see
- The recruiting from villages is replaced by having a party of up to 25 unique named heroes
- These heroes can die, you decide their skills and give them equipment
- The roaming bandits are replaced by random events that come up as you travel in the form of menus
- Random events range from bandit attacks, finding items, single duels etc
- Heroes are acquired in taverns, as reward for quests, after battle etc
- The player is able to die permanently like a regular soldier, ending the game
Basically you roam around in a monty python sized party running into random stuff and barely participating in politics

Once both players have set a course to a location, the game unpauses. If a player enters a market, he is considered "in" the town, and the game continues at the same base rate until the other player reaches the destination set/encounters a battle/ does anything to initiate a pause while the other player is also pre-occupied.

If the other player exits the market/battle etc, the game stays paused until they execute a move order. The other player, locked in battle. Has no need to worry about the world being paused/unpaused, his battle proceeds as normal regardless of the campaign map state. Unless of course another player or AI party decides to join in.

sounds like shit

Sounds pretty fun. Take a look into the old Necromunda tabletop.

there are at least 2 mods like that, 1257 (up to 29 unique companios, very easy to
recruit) and dickplo + polygamy (regular 8 companions plus as many wifes as you can get, in practice getting 10+ might be oain in the ass)
And there is like 5 viable and popular mods that I don't know for shit so so mayby it's more than 2.

>inb4 it can't be native+ and has to have guns :^p

Nigga you don't understand how time works in mountain blade.
battle and town maps are on a 1:1 time scale. Overworld is vastly acclerated so it doesn't take 5 hours to go from praven to suno.
Battles can easily take more than 20 minutes, what is the other player supposed to do in the meantime? watch his part move at a literal snail pace?

sounds like garbage except for the monthy python part

u r dum

What's wrong with it? Events are better than playing the ant dance with enemies, they could be more varied and give you more options
Heroes are more fun because you can can dress them and decide their skills. The party skills could be expanded to include diverse benefits... quests could be remade ... a wide range of fun random events

because its been done before and it's fucking awful
no you're not adding anything new, you're gutting core features out of the game to make a really shit squad based RPG

perma death makes it that companions have to be randomly generated, making them more shallow.
There's only so much variety in builds, dress up and skill settings would become a chore after a while.
Player permadeath is a horrible idea.
I've got nothing against random events, but they need to be diverse, or else they'd get old fast, same with quests.

Whats wrong with player permadeath?
It would give a use for equipment you get instead of cashing it
Random events just give you something to do while traveling. The quests and traveling is already massively boring so it's not a problem

For the coop campaign and coop campaign alone remove the real-time passing when moving. Set turns to either 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month. (changed in options by host) So your army depending on their speed and other factors can move a certain range before they have to hit the 'end turn' button. If you are in combat or in town or something else like that during your turn, guess what, your friends can wait. People who play coop 4x or grand strategy are very patient, and thats the same kind of people who would play this game coop.

I dare to say that you can have slightly grindfiestish* h&s rpg and usual conquering it all playthrought at once.

*way less grindy that it seems pluus 75% of the job in making companions broken as fuck tier strong does gear. So it's not grinding levels, but grinding $, exp rises on it's own, while you do your stuff. Not for everyone (like every other build) but viable and not that horrible imo.

Stop posting this disgusting bald roach

i'm not a fucking record, its been done before, it's complete shit

so it plays just like native, only with a 4 hour wait for every 20 minutes of gameplay so you can ocasionally cross paths with another guy and do the exact same thing you can already do in multiplayer.
Doesn't sound like a shit idea, at all.

Tell me the mod where it works like this