/wfhg/ - Work From Home General

Let's share experiences and places to actually get work online.

Metaverse Mod Squad -
modsquad.com/join-the-mods/

New Prospect Marketing -
npcontactcenter.com/career-opportunities/

Audio Transcription, Captioning and Translation -
rev.com/freelancers

Online tutoring -
tutor.com/apply

Other urls found in this thread:

assassinlasers.com/
ebay.com/itm/Military-532nm-5mw-303-Green-Laser-Pointer-Lazer-Pen-Burning-Beam-18650-Charger-/111889024828
upwork.com/
rev.com/freelancers
shadowhawkflashlights.com/
reddit.com/r/WorkOnline/comments/4joew3/revcom_is_a_scam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ah hell this is a really good general
bumping out of interest, will post at 4:30

Bumping.

Monitoring this. Please help a wageslave out with some good side cash

i wanna work from home 2

does running a crack house count as working from home

I wont let this die just for you

i do not want to get into trouble with the law or minorities pal

How much money are any of you actually making with any of this?

2nd this

from an older thread, not my image.

This guy was just doing this on saturdays it looks like. Thats a helluva check for 1 day, I wonder how many real hours that took

I remember the old thread. Guy said it took 40+ hours for that. Plus all reviews of rev online ended in it being a shit site where the most you can make is 4 dollars an hour.

this mods job looks kinda cool. anybody who has done this?

Have a female friend who has been doing it for 3 years now and has lived off it. Has her own place and all.

Whats the deal with the mod job? They are pretty vague

You're literally a contracted paid moderator for online forums and a few other places.

So whats the pay like?

It's good but the only downside is you're paid once a month.

I'm the Rev shill from the old thread. I can't say my work has been consistent. I recently moved so my time was spent doing that, but as I said before you can clear at least $300ish a week if you work around eight hours a day, five days a week. A solid, straight eight hours with a lunch and everything. What I didn't mention in the thread is it's basically freelance work. It's a giant board where they have (usually) hundreds of videos ready to be captioned. It's usually slower on the weekends because that's when people are most active. A lot of people only do this on the weekend for beer money.

I don't have any sort of deep affiliation for the company. It's just a job, but I like it because I've got crippling anxiety. This job is great for that and out of all the shitty transcript jobs, this is by far the easiest and the most lenient once you start being consistent.

Thanks for providing more info on Rev.

Do you have to download any special software?

I just read a huge reddit thread about people getting fired and making 4 bucks an hour.

Nope all comes in house, it's called Dash. If I can say one thing about Rev is that thing is the only reason stuck with this job. Easy to use and makes fucking up a bit harder to do.

I expect to make about $20,000 my first year in business.

I am trying to estimate my quarterly taxes....on form f1040es, they ask what my wages will be....I will take home whatever is left over, so I put $20,000 right, or do I estimate my expenses here?

Read the same thread, I was nervous too. The thing was that it was from almost a year ago. The thing I got from it was that either they weren't being efficient or just sucked at it. If I have time I might just try uploading a video of me doing a job and show how fast a good worker can zip through it. Can't really promise it though, still kinda busy.

On average, what do you estimate your hourly wage is?

$8 ph?

I guess that's better than fapping all day.

Short answer: 8-9 an hour.
Long answer: It depends on the video and how efficiently I work. Like what I'm doing now I'm jumping between videos to come here, but only because I'm up more than usual for my quota I set for myself ($60 a day). Truthfully it's probably closer to 8 but there's videos that some people don't like to claim (ones with heavy accents, huge background noise) that end up upping the video price. The videos are adjusted for price according to some formula which calculates the length of the video and how much time it's been up for grabs. Some videos have it to where you're paid .87 cents for every minute and others .54, there's a lot of luck that goes into this job as well. But on average I'd say it's closer to a low 8 range not accounting for lucky breaks. Pretty decent for working at home.

Sorry to keep bugging you. I work 12-10 at my job now. If I worked about 4 hours a day efficiently, what would you estimate my weekly pay would look like? 100 bucks a week?

May as well post it, since I've been here I kinda lost my flow. One of the things on one tells you about working for home is it's pretty fucking easy to just get lazy. Once you lose your groove, it takes forever to wanna start again, it's getting close to the end of my work shift, but I had a good flow going before I decided to take a break. Any of you assholes lucky enough to get in and keep going just remember that. That's part of the reason why you saw those early weeks being in the $100 range. Don't forget it's still a job, only you get to control the hours. Not trying to be anybody's dad, but don't lose out on money because you're being a lazy cunt like me.

Ex-neet here who works from home who has had some success. Pic related is just one of the products I sell. Also, please don't ask me stupid shit like hurr where is your ferrari.

Nice going senpai, just two questions if you don't mind.
How long have you been running your shop?
Does it have a broad inventory, or just a few item?

yeah, welcome to my life man. i feel like such a fucktard sometimes for losing the zest on what many would consider to be a once in a lifetime opportunity but that is just how it works. you become complacent and lose motivation. i see some of my industry peers zooming by me and it sucks. I've lost probably around $350,000 in revenue alone since 2016 all because I am too lazy to put together a weekly newsletter. It makes me depressed

Son Imma need a guide on that right there. What are you selling?

what do you sell, exactly?
do you drop ship?

To tell you the truth, it might be roughly half of that. Once you get in you're treated to making roughly 25% less than what a traditional Revver (Their gay term for captioners) makes. After you get grades above 4.4 (They grade you on accuracy of the words, formatting of the captions/grammar, and alignment of the captions to the audio) you get to move up to a Revver, but you're still left with basically the scraps until you get to Revver+, which gives you first pick of everything, but you need over 1,200 minutes captioned and grades in the 4.7 range. So starting off as a side job you're not gonna making much until you start putting some real hours into it. This is the reason most people ended up quiting or calling it a scam because they weren't making money right away.

If you might want to spend more than four hours, but if you're only working four hours a day and you're just starting out you might get around 50ish until you start learning the ropes. There's still a learning curve. Sorry if I seem like I'm all over the place, doing a video as I write this. Gonna be a while before you start seeing anything in the 100 range though, sorry to say.

No youve been more than helpful. Thank you user

I started at the end of 2014 and have been doing it since

Well, I sell multiple products but I setup a landing page for each product so they are never together. That screenshot is just from one of the landing pages for one product.

I used Shopify for a very long time but am slowly beginning to transition to ClickFunnels since it's a much better asset for internet marketers

The challenge in being a successful internet marketer is finding the right formula of product, product niche, demographic, marketing angle, etc.... so no one is going to hand that over to you on a silver platter but to be vague about it, I sell golf equipment

I began dropshipping. I would sit on eBay for hours 1 by 1 buying from Chinese sellers and fulfilling the orders I received. I eventually bought a warehouse where I import and distribute everything myself but am considering switching to a fulfillment service so I don't have to deal with the product anymore

Seems like you're doing pretty good for yourself, couldn't you put on a few of your friends with you, work from a studio. Are you working straight from home by yourself?

So you literally started selling enough golf equipment to own a warehouse.
I wanted to do something similar with aliexpress and sports memoribilia but the 4 to 5 week ship times are making me nervous.
How much did you start with

Thanks for the answers, just one more question from me: Is the interface on Clickfunnels easy to use like the one on Shopify?
I feel like Shopify has everything I would need.

Ignore that, kinda answered my question with your last post.

I have a warehouse with 3 other employees. One of them takes on similar executive rolls as I do. The other two do customer support/fulfillment

Yes, I literally had $5,000 to my name at the time. A lot of the Chinese eBay sellers have USA stock so those were the listings I would go for. I didn't ship them from China, that would take too long.

Is your golf equipment decent? Like not knockoff shit that breaks but good stuff?

Shopify is a good place to start for the landing page type of internet marketer. They have one theme called Kickstand or Kickstarter that is designed for E-Books that can be manipulated into a very good landing page for a single product. Shopify is probably the best all in one e-store/e-commerce platform to use as well if you're trying to operate a legitimate webstore with multiple products

But if you're serious about taking your internet marketing to the next level, clickfunnels is where its at. It's basically a sandbox that lets you create and manage every last detail in your funnel. This isn't something that can be done in Shopify. A good example is many people consider the Shopify checkout cart to be pretty shitty and it can harm conversion rates. There is nothing you can do about this. In ClickFunnels, you can create your own check out form.

You will know when you are ready for it

Appreciate the advice, I'm still looking for a niche, but I'll make a note of what you said.

nah it's junk man. this entire industry is predicated on selling products that are good enough to not go through the effort of returning but not so good that a significant margin for profit doesn't exist

and if you do by chance come across a freak product that actually is great and has great margins, some competitor will come along a day later and copy your offer and both of you will drive it into the ground as you go toe to toe competing for profits

One of the most interesting things I have seen was with this company called Plazmatic. They sell electric lighters. These are nothing special...they are literally tasers that some Chinese factory realized they could be miniaturized and used as a lighter. So this US company took a concept that they did not even invent (it was invented by some random Chinese factories) and patented it themselves in the USA so other Americans cant come into the market and fuck their shit up. The whole thing is amazing.

A good example that I think will help you guys is this website below.

assassinlasers.com/

These guys are just re-selling shit from eBay that costs $10

ebay.com/itm/Military-532nm-5mw-303-Green-Laser-Pointer-Lazer-Pen-Burning-Beam-18650-Charger-/111889024828

The hardest thing about this for most people (probably our age in particular) is understanding that there is an entire generation of people out there that do not understand the intricacies and nuances of the internet. Most of us would look at this page and close out 2 seconds later because it looks like a scam and we'd be smart enough to do some research and we'd find out that it's on eBay and Amazon for $10. But there are millions of people out there that don't understand this (same demographic that TV infomercials are ran to) and they buy this shit.

I never really considered targeting that age group.
I notice a lot of people that age go by the facebook marketplace, even my own Mum (surprising since she hates buying off the internet). What would you say about selling on there?

Not letting this die

Godsend lad.

Pretty inspirational, I'll try to do a similar thing.

Are you familiar with Hawkers? Its a spanish brand that sells shit chinese sunglasses for cheap.

I dream of doing something similar to you here in Spain

A lot of that type of tech crap is resold. LEDs for cars, that sort of thing. I found an LED website I liked online because of the low shipping, but realized the prices are way less buying from banggood and even ebay for basically the same thing.

I had paid about $15 for rigid LED strips that you can buy directly from Chinese places 2 for $10, that sort of thing. I just never looked into it because it was a low enough price to where I didn't care.

Unless you are buying Philips, Cree, Samsung, it is all just sketchy Chicom stuff that lasts as long as it lasts.

I can do a weekly newsletter for you, if it makes such a difference in sales.

Also, what is your profit margin roughly?

Are there anymore dropshipping guides?

I'm not totally sure on this, but how can you drop ship, if the costumer sees that it came from some other merchant in China (once it arrives and they see the address).

He said he bought stock they had on US soil.

So does nobody know if anymore online companies like I posted in the OP that are hiring people for Customer Service work or just freelance type shit?

I work as a freelance web developer, which is pretty nice. It was difficult finding work initially, but things have started to pick up now that I've gotten a bit better at networking.

If anyone is curious about getting into web development, AMA.

Where and how did you learn?

upwork.com/

Anyone have any leads for work-from-home, remote chat support jobs? Part-time, weekends only as I have a full-time real job. But wouldn't mind making some money on the weekends or maybe after I get off work at night.

Seconding this.

learn modeling/drafting in Autocad/Autodesk Inventor and then sell your labour on Fiverr or Telecommute to an architect/contractor/machinist/engineer

Trying to be realistic,

my mom works from home doing group health insurance sales after years in the industry(20+ years) She basically takes care of the dog 4hrs a day and works maybe 3 tops. makes 120K/yr. Has to go into the office mayve a week every 2 months. I want to earn this life.

What did you do to find work initially?

Yeah but what I'm trying to say here is if the other merchant promotes his own business with like their own logo and website in the package, wouldn't the buyer immediately know you charged him more than what you sent it for. Thus you would lose all your customers to that cheap Chinese/American bastard??

has anyone here looked into outsourcing or automating your job?

I'd asked this in a previous thread, and someone mentioned they'd automated most of their data entry job.

Personally I'm curious about call centers in particular. It seems like there's a way to make a $2-3/hour after tax spread by getting hired at an american call center, and routing your phone line overseas. I don't know the details, all i know is rumored estimates from other forums, but i'm excited to start working on this come June. Anyone have experience with these jobs or general thoughts?

I'm curious about this too, often products I buy from aliexpress come with a business card from the manufacturer. How can you be sure when you're drop shipping that they don't include them when shipping the product to your buyers; as this would essentially steal your customers when they see the real price of the product straight from the source.

How do you end up working for these guys?

The only grammar question I'm kind of debating about so far is this:

1. Even though Kenny was a great roommate, John hated ________ in the shower.

Is it "him singing" or "his singing"? I'm half asleep from a long shit. I'm thinking "his singing".

rev.com/freelancers

Thanks, doing it now.

Only one question I'm kind of stuck on picking an answer for. It's one or the other. Going to just wing it.

Indeed has jobs that are like marketing, work from home. They also have an app. Check it out.

Him singing you goof.

his. John hates the singing, not Kenny.

I can't remember which one I picked. I think it was "his".

Oh well. That's the only question I wondered a bout.

Hopefully one wrong answer won't fuck up everything. The rest of the tests and caption work was not hard.

>how can I work 24/7
what the fuck is the point?

I guess not because the customer could get the impression that the products are manufactured FOR the business and imported.

Like its made in one of those manufacturing plants that only supply businesses

He said he operates in a warehouse. He probably opens all the boxes

Basically, there are two approaches to internet marketing/e-commerce.

The first approach is trying to build a legitimate business and an actual brand. I would not recommend this. It's hard to do and it sucks up a lot of your cash and becomes a long term investment of sorts. If you try to dropship orders for something like this, then yeah it isn't going to work out very well.

The second approach is a dirty in-and-out type of deal where your various products come and go in trends and then usually disappear at the end of a lifecycle. There is no connection between this product and some parent brand or company. Your goal isn't to please every customer or maintain some kind of relationship with them. 99% of the time a person will buy it and then never buy from you again. That might be because they didn't like the product or some other reason but it doesn't matter because there are millions of people in this world and you can just acquire new customers pretty much forever.

I don't know if you guys are familiar with Shadowhawk, but this is yet another great example of some dude who found some shitty flashlights on Alibaba, drafted a massive marketing plan for it, milked every last penny out of the market, and then just disappeared. He probably pissed a lot of people off but it doesn't matter because he made a ton of money and he did it completely legally

shadowhawkflashlights.com/

I've tried 2 different niches, set up a Shopify store for both and ran FB ads. Used Instagram, Pinterest etc.

The first niche was shit so it failed. The second one isn't shit but it's not an impulse buying product. The website looks extremely professional. No orders. I'm just wasting money.

What do? I don't want to keep wasting money trying out niches. I'm trying eBay dropshipping now with random items but they rarely get more than 8 views so of course no sales.

ANY help appreciated, pls men

Just copy that assassinlasers website I linked earlier man. Throw up an ad on Facebook targeting conservatives 34-64 (male) and optimize for conversions. you'll get sales

Won't Facebook ban that shit? I tried advertising a bullet shaped bottle (kek) and my ad got stopped for inappropriate content.

No, laser pointers are fine. They are indeed strict on weapons or weapon related items but you wont have a problem with laser pointers.

Hmm, that does actually look good but I figure the market is over saturated now. I could just copy absolutely everything he's done but there are hundreds who have done the same.

Isn't it easier to bring back previous customers than having to sell to brand new ones every time? Meanwhile the Chinese merchant you drop-shipping from gets all the customers you sell to cause he might've left his website inside the package. I really want this drop shipping thing to work but at this point I feel like it's safer to order stock before sales, and ship it out yourself.

Would the solution to this be to only choose merchants that don't advertise in their products? Alibaba and ali express I believe are popular choices to find these products, any other sources?

Any links to the thread?

reddit.com/r/WorkOnline/comments/4joew3/revcom_is_a_scam/

This is the one I remember, anyway.

I work from home
I'm a commercial real estate appraiser
I go out, do my inspection, come back and write the report

>real estate appraiser
What does your average day look like?
How did you get started in this job?
What goes into your report, and how many pages would it contain?

From tutorials and documentation on the internet, primarily. I started with game development as a teenager, then got into web development later on.

Start with HTML and CSS tutorials, then branch out into JavaScript. Once you're comfortable with those, download WAMP and start learning about servers, databases, SQL, and PHP. Build a lot of practice sites for hobbies you have or for friends/family. Practice is huge.

I lucked into getting a few small jobs through family friends. It really started picking up when I began going to a coworking space near where I live (check out The Urban Hive, Hacker Lab, and Maker HQ for examples - I don't know the names of any makerspaces outside of Sacramento, though). If you're comfortable with WordPress development (writing themes from scratch), there's a steady stream of work from people who frequent those places.

Thanks for answering.

I'm always trying to use technologies that I think are "best", such as vue.js, or the "best" backend framework. But maybe the effort to result ratio with these technologies is just not worth it for someone working alone. Maybe I should suck it up and learn WordPress. Never done a real freelance job yet.

For working a steady, well-paying job with a larger company, you'd definitely want to focus on newer technologies like Node, Angular, and React. For freelancing, WordPress is one of the best, since you can pass off the site to the client and they can tweak the content without having to email you every day to change a word.

The good thing is that you can pick up WordPress in a week if you already know HTML, CSS, and a tiny bit of PHP, then coast on that while learning more on your own so that you can still fall back to a reliable job if freelancing doesn't work out.

while working from home sounds like a good and fun idea, the real dream is working very few hours from highly auto-matable jobs or being lucky/hardworking enough to have a large stash of assets making you a "free" salary.

You think you'd be able to upload that video?

I've also done work for Rev and can second this. Some of the videos you caption are pretty rough with pajeet accents and shitty audio recordings. Sometimes the work thins out, so if there are decent postings available, claim away.

Best vid I ever got was some kung fu movie where the dialogue was minimal. Finished the sucker in about 5 hours for about $90. Once you get a feel for what projects will be easy, you can up your hourly rate provided they have those jobs available.

>Selling crack where you actually live.

Noob. Go on the corner like everyone else.

How does Rev take mistakes you made?

Luckiest I got was some African movie where it was already subtitled, only put atmospherics (sound affects). It was about 70 bucks for only an hour and half of work. You can get real lucky with this job, but sometimes you do have a video where you gotta slog through it.