Classic WoW General /cwg/

Patch 1.1 (Launch) Talent Discussion Edition

POST YOUR 1.1 SPECS
web.archive.org/web/20041215171051/http://wowvault.ign.com:80/View.php?view=Talents.View&category_select_id=8

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=668429222

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.c2.com/?FizzBuzzTest
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/2389-darkrasps-blog-11132017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for classic is gonna tank

Only if it's a fucking warrior.

Someone explain this to me

classic will do well if the raids are tuned to be 4 hours of difficulty rather than 30 minutes of ease
otherwise it will have an average sub base of 5-6 mil instead of 10 mil

remove world buffs problem solved

nth for vanillas most pure waifu

reposting my question from last thread:

if I only have 8 hrs/week to play, and if I want a sizable cohort of similarly leveled players to play with, do I need to start on a fresh server, is it too late to join LH? And will I just get outpaced by the whole server by week 2 regardless?

It's a /g/ meme. FizzBuzz is a program that a 10 year old with downs should be able to code in minutes, but some "professional developers" can't do it. It can be coded several ways. Modulo is a good way of doing it, and also obvious if you aren't incompetent.

wiki.c2.com/?FizzBuzzTest

>if I only have 8 hrs/week to play

it's gonna take you like 5 months just to get to 60

Yes and yes.
If you want a fresh server, join Nighthaven. It's two weeks old.
But with so little time to play, you should manage your expectations and just enjoy the levelling/grouping experience.

there's probably enough players on lights hope to meet while leveling still. if you eventually want to do endgame you're probably fucked with an 8 hour/week schedule unless your guild is fine with you having basically no pre-raid bis/consumes farmed

most of the pserver players have little to no life. itll be a ghost town at your pace. find some friends irl to level with or resign to the fact that youll be alone on the road until mid-high 50s

i think it's easier to convince purists to tune raids than it is to axe an "mechanic" from the game

Dude the starting zones on Lightshope are filled with players.

Nighthaven is literally made by a bunch of scummy Russians that were exposed as being hopelessly corrupt.

>make rogue
>play for 200 hours to hit 60
>grind up herb, alch, fishing, cooking, first aid, lockpicking
>grind gold for epic mount
>buy krol blade and devilsaur set
>grind dungeons for a week for pre bis
>grind gold for enchants and consumables
>log on once or tweek a week to raid

So this is the whole game right?

i mean whitekidney isn't that much better either. both choices are ass, they're both servers run by scumbags

this meme again
LH has a built in playerbase of thousands because of a stolen database
yet only hundreds actually log on
Three admins started Elysium, and all three were selling accounts and gold, skimming donations etc
The core dev wanted to clean up his act, so the other two faggots stole the player database and then deleted the backup. Started their own server with said database, and have been shilling their "thousands of players" ever since
The propaganda campaign enacted by LH is fucking incredible

>make wpvp vids set to disturbed

Almost.

everyst is launching on the 1st.
basically the last hope of the private server scene at this point.

don't forget the linkin park and BREAKING ME DOWN

hey any warrior leveling tips?

sissy weebs can't play warriors. Roll a priest. ;)

buy whetstones and regen potions of the auction house

Thanks for the genuine replies. That's what I was expecting; I think I'll give it a go for shits and giggles regardless, if only to prove to myself that it's not the same as it was when I was a 12 year old that could easily fall into the pure escapism of it. Ridiculous that over a decade later I still get that urge to play, but I think maybe it's not the game I miss, it's childhood.

Have a pocket tranny to heal you

only if you got more pics of that cutie patooty

Did anyone read the latest Crestfall """update"""

It reads like one of the parodies some people posted.

plenty of retards like you show up everyday and spout the same shit, then you stay here forever

>LH has a built in playerbase of thousands because of a stolen database yet only hundreds actually log on
What the fuck? I play on LH and cities are packed with players. So are zones.

>The core dev wanted to clean up his act, so the other two faggots stole the player database and then deleted the backup.
The core dev literally admitted to being a scumbag and proved that the ones who later "stole" the database weren't doing anything shady, that's why they stole it.

>he wuz a gud boi dindu nufin went to church errday dis just propaganda
Sides in orbit.

>did you guys read this thing that i wont even link?
kys dickhead

keep weapon up to date
keep stacks of food (bug mages whenever you see them for free)
ez

the actual endgame is wpvp

destroying the opposing faction and making a name for yourself

becoming the hero of your faction

a beacon of hope for all the people leveling up, that they might one day too become a god among men

wishin this was out already...

forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/2389-darkrasps-blog-11132017/

>not doing anything shady
>stealing a database
i dont play either of your shitstain server but this is some next level shit right here

ok dont kys my good man

Before I ban you for trolling, just curious what your definition of "lost" is? I assume that you mean "the highest population wins and everyone else loses".

In case you haven't read almost any of my updates, I don't care what the population of Crestfall ends up being. I'm doing this for the challenge of creating the emulator, not so I can make money.

Make your next post a good one, it'll be your last.

hes mad

What is context?

>not doing anything shady
>literally pushed a child onto a road
>not mentioned: out of the way of incoming traffic

>what is shilling?
your post

wPvPers and RPers unite to fight out unimaginative raiders and battleground faggots!

Do the demons and elementals go to the same plane when they're banished

How do we stop the speed run meme from spreading to classic servers?

you forgot the daily ERP sessions

umm, you're not supposed to know what the whole game is
that's the entire point of vanilla dumbass

demons go to the void elementals go to the elemental plane

>T2 tank dies in 2 seconds to trash in ubrs
so...this is the power of vanilla...woah

Youre suppose to have an off tank if the healers and tank aren't great.

So this is the power of a man who's never played vanilla...woah

Thoughts on RPing on LH?

Hard mode: not ERPing.

cant you just make a free retail wow account and rp on that? it's free up until level 20 and there are actual designated rp servers

>trials let you level up to 20
>game gives you free level 100s if you buy it

The fact that many people still play world of warcraft is a testament to how horrible the entire mmorpg genre is rn.

We've been telling you for years
Gear doesn't make the player
Hell, the player doesn''t even make the player. You are only as good as the group you're in.
Nu-wow doesn't understand this.

Guys, a few weeks ago Taylor Swift chose me to have her as my waifu. I thought waifufags were complete faggots before, but now that I've been chosen I see the error of my old ways. Tay is all I think about all day everyday.

I was wondering though, what class and race would I play to impress her?

I bet she'd like chad race/class players the most but I don't know which race/class best qualifies as that, other than the choice would obviously have to be Alliance.

What race/class do you think she'd prefer for me to play?

Serious question.

Dwarf Prest
Human Warrior
Undead Rogue

Everything else is cuckville

t. edgy preteen

>stinky rotting corpse
>chad

I second this, but would add gnome mage to the list

don't play mmos if you can't invest hours upon hours of your life into them effortlessly

t. ex-husband and father of 2 whose family abandoned him after i abandoned them to play wow i was almost world first 25m Hm H BoT during cataclysm

Try near-40yr old who played Lineage 2, EQ and others before WoW
Those are the best racial/class combos in the game, period
If you don't understand that, you don't know how to min/max
If you think min/max is bad, its because you're butthurt over being facerolled every time you enter a contested zone or weakly apply for a raid spot
go back to retail, pussy

no ass
no class

>one chance at life
>be an annoying faggot in fantasy video games

>or weakly apply for a raid spot
truth burn

>one chance at life
>doesn't try to be the very best at everything he does

>cucks still wanting class balances

Don't these people understand that if you change something in vanilla, it's no longer vanilla? Don't roll a class that fills roles you won't like and you'll be set, we did it back in 2005 ffs.

>trying to be best at anything when some faggot that's won the genetic lottery will always, in every circumstance, outperform you in every single way

only a retard cucks himself to a lifetime of hard work and misery for only the opportunity of success

What if someone wants to be able to both heal or tank with the same character?

Except that I won the genetic lottery
>6'7", 280lb
>IQ of 139
Why would I ever try to role-play an inferior being?

why would they want that

Vanilla with Vanilla questing, world exploring, no lfg/lfr, no cross realm zoning, instancing, toys, heirlooms, all the garbage shit that ruined wow is what the majority of people want. Class balancing will only piss off the people who main classes like mage/rogue/warrior since their mantle of "best by design" will be taken away.

>6'7"
Ah, so you're a freak. I'm 6'4 and can't imagine being any taller, would make life miserable in a number of ways.

this is complete bullshit. how many of you can say without any doubt that when you picked up WoW for the first time back in 2005 that you knew exactly what all the classes could do and how you would be spending the majority of your end game?

i had never played an mmo before and for me i played a paladin because of not only what i saw from other games like baldurs gate (where they were anything but back of line cloth wearing healbots) but what i saw from diablo 2 and warcraft 3. granted in war3 they were "supporty" with their aura and heals, but that heal also damaged undead and they still packed a punch with their mace. when WoW came out and I saw that i could play a pally i was like fuck yeah that's my jam. had i known how i would be forced to spend my time and yeah lets face it you are FORCED to if you want gear which is a huge part what the game is based on then i never would have fucking touched the class, i would have gone warrior like every other dickhead that plays private servers now because not only are they the best and only tanks in the game they also shit out dps and are kangz in pvp.

the whole "oh but endgame is but a small part of the game it's about the journey not the destination" is crap. you spend what, a month (give or take) getting to 60 and then the entire rest of the game watching hp bars and reapplying blessings while other classes get to shit on monsters/players with their sick new weapons and damage dealing abilities. sure maybe some people really dig healing but i don't at all and thanks to the time i had sunk into my character i couldn't simply just reroll.

i mean just the fact that the bis stuff for paladins is a fucking dress and anything but plate off pieces and the tier sets have niche uses in what, world pvp, is a testament to how ass backwards busted broken the game was. this entire rant of a post can be said for other hybrids too im sure.

you're going to get sprinkles whether you like it or not
you can bitch and moan and threaten to not play the game, but the reality is that you will play the game no matter what
open wide :^)

From the Crestfall update:
>Well, who saw all that coming? Not me. I would have thought Blizzard would sooner commit sudoku than re-release Vanilla, but there you go. In any case, the last couple weeks haven't amounted to much from work for us. More or less due to a combination of intrigue and conversation regarding retail, general laziness, and a vicious throat cold. Super annoying because I just got over another one a few weeks ago and now I'm sick again. I'm not chronically ill or anything, this is just from my IRL job, I have a lot of contact with the public and they're super gross. Some jackass was super sick and wouldn't cancel his appointment, just had to deal with his coughing and choking breath over my shoulder while I was working for an hour. So I got whatever he had and it's bloody awful.

Feels good to have never had faith in Crestfall.

Right now, there's someone whose 6'8, 295 lbs and 145 IQ.

They're also born into wealth and already have all of the education or training they could ever want pre-paid for with education funds worth more than you'll make in your entire life

just give up on being the best son. naruto's a good cartoon but you don't have a nine-tailed fox inside you or the 4th hokage for a dad.

Admittedly, being this tall sucks. Back issues that I can't compensate for without working out, every workspace on the planet is too low, broomsticks aren't long enough, clothes are hard to buy, etc.
But hey I look impressive.

thanks for the blog post, faggot

So that's your excuse for not bothering to try in life?
Jesus christ just kill yourself.

E V E R Y S T

RELEASE NOW THE TIME IS RIPE

Woah that's a big dick

Wait they confirmed the 4th hokage as his father?
REEEEEEEEE SPOILERS

what user here is trying to say is he would like vanilla WoW with polish and refinement, not the bastardized monstrosity that is modern WoW

It IS quite magnificent, would you like to see it?

SHAMANS ARE FUN

all that means is STREAMLINING

yes pls
i need my freshies

Are the shortcomings of Retribution and Protection Paladins, Discipline and Shadow Priests, Balance and Feral druids, Enhancement and Elemental Shamans and Arcane Mages and any other unmentioned problem-specialization due to poorly-itemized equipment, or an inherent flaw in class design?

Daily reminder, monkeynews is so bad he actually gets oneshot by literal who destro locks.

Will post boypussy if someone tells me release date and 100% confirmes it somehow.

>Almost 7ft tall
>Genius IQ
>Willing to show off his dick because confident
>Plays /ourgame/

If true, is this /ourguy/? Did we find our jesus?

Holy shit, these trees are retarded

>tfw 5'7
>64kg
>nice butt
>138 IQ
not a single top in my area

Daily reminder, being oneshot has nothing to do with skill

Yeah, how about no? He could've prevented this just by drinking detect invis pot or asking fellow warlock to help him out. Or even just use a fucking resto pot like every shitter does these days.

P U R E C H A D
U
R
E

C
H
A
D

Because the tree is clearly meant to tank but blizzard was retarded and it dun werk

jack of all trades, master of none
MASTER
OF
NONE

you can't deny that a retard made this paladin talent.

But they aren't average at tanking or dps either. They can't tank at all and you have to be BIS to get in the middle of the damage meters against pre-bis rogues.