/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Slopes: Gay or Not Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/KryptonCaptain/ThaumicTinkerer/releases
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/Runecraft
youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs
mod-buildcraft.com/buildcraft-79912-alpha-buildcraft-79981-alpha-buildcraft-7123-stable-buildcraftcompat-717-stable-buildcraftcompat-7990-alpha.html
dropbox.com/s/tvjg5ovp0wo6lh7/Comfy Serb 1.0.zip?dl=0
discord.gg/ZXeSmjb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>TCminusTC serb
>get op to set warp
>he dunno what max is (zero documentation anywhere)
>sets it to 999999
>crashed me and now if i log in it kicks me after a second

what do?

Uninstall Optifine

jk I dunno

>get sun scorched
>try to go down openblocks elevator
>crash
fucking warp

>Still can't tame zombie/skeltal horses

what do you guys think of my 1.4.7 modpack?

I guess the warp has consumed you for good.

Why haven't you made your own mod, user?

Haven't found a good step by step guide that goes from beginner to advanced topics.

Have you considered starting with McCreator? I hear these days there's a lot of cool things you can do with it.

Hadn't played in a few years prior to last week, I'll check that out, thanks.

No problem :)

>[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off
>terrain animated turned off
Holy fuck I gained like 15 fps from this. What a shit game.

I remember that helping a fuckton as well for me on 1.6, but on 1.7 it doesn't change anything at all here. I guess it's just Minecraft.

>starting to miss Thaumic Tinkerer
Did the user who loves forking TC addons ever touch that mod?

>github.com/KryptonCaptain/ThaumicTinkerer/releases
Ye.
Anything beyond that is 2hard though. The code is an absolute mess

>it's another lebbit whines about """""""""""""dead""""""""""""" mods episode

there would be a lot less dead mods without "muh purmisshons" and cursebucks, i tell ya

bump for more mushrooms

>"muh permissions"
yes
>cursebucks
no

how to fix fullscreen mode in journeymap?

See that fourth button on the top of the screen? Click anything other than it.
I guess they added yet another pointless and buggy feature.

nevermind i fixed it
but now i cant get rid of this fucking icon

Isn't this a Quark feature of some kind?

memeversion journeymap is garbage, constantly bugging out on layer view, not showing certain chunks at certain zoom levels
I switched to xaero, it's better performance in exchange for less features, but even it has temporary issues like water color sometimes going odd or a stray chunk not mapping and forcing a manual deletion of the region in the config folder
minecraft is a mess

Man, y'all remember runecraft? That shit was neat. Probably wouldn't be hard to recreate, either.

It was remade for 1.12

Sheeeit, though that just proves my point really. What's it called now?

Hang on, I was thinking of the runic dusts mod. Unless that's also what you were thinking of. Either way it's worth checking out.

No, I was thinking of minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/Runecraft
Where you built patterns of blocks to create magical effects, with the material determining things like strength.

Seriously how the fuck are you supposed to survive Grimoire of Gaia early Game? Everywhere I go there are Monstergirls with 300 HP that rape my fucking asshole.

Get one of these bad boys.

is there a schematica for this?

why they nerfed fire?
youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs

>1

The clip/mag loaded m1 garand is the best Vic's gun since it only needs bullets yet it loads them all at once.

nerf it

mod-buildcraft.com/buildcraft-79912-alpha-buildcraft-79981-alpha-buildcraft-7123-stable-buildcraftcompat-717-stable-buildcraftcompat-7990-alpha.html

both meme and non-meme versions covered

Why even bother with Buildcraft when Mekanism exists. Buildcraft is a relic of the past.

too little too late, although I'm half tempted to add it just for dat oil, being murrican and all.

meme versions have immersive petroleum which has bigass pumpjacks and fractional refining
sadly buildcraft's oil doesn't compare
and sadly no one will backport

any inspirations for sci fi looking university built with marble and light blue glass?

How do i find out whats causing this crash, it doesnt say what mod and it happens when i got to the 4th page of creative tabs

Remove mods until it stops.

Sexy, no BC tho?

Is there a tekkit server with a decent population out there?

If not, would anyone be interested in playing a server running 1.7.10 with IC2/Buildcraft/ProjectRedExploration - basically the Technical Reborn pack?

im more confused now, i turned off one mod, tried it, it didnt crash, turned the mod back on, now it doesnt happen anymroe even with all the same mods

>what is buildcraft-A-1.4.7-3.4.4.jar

Glad I could help.

Why are mod 'packs' even a thing?

SPAS-12 is better, shotguns do excellent damage at mid-range

If anyone wants to join a kitchen sink pack i have one i just started for a discord
Pack: dropbox.com/s/tvjg5ovp0wo6lh7/Comfy Serb 1.0.zip?dl=0
its 1.7.10

Unifying mod versions to allow easily joining a specific server
Having progression-themed packs to fill specific niches untouched by mods

These are the most legit reasons, some people are just lazy and/or too dumb to install mods

>backpedal like you do everything else
>pillar up 3 blocks high
>attack behind a fence'd in area
>dump buckets of water/lava
>stay the fuck away from mountains

>no 1.10
don't care

>1.10
just go back to 1.7.10 then

>>stay the fuck away from mountains
Best advice

Nah, 1.10 will be the superior version for a while because of all the mods that stopped updating there(or on 1.11, an even worse version than 1.12)

comfy

>>stay the fuck away from mountains
and the swamps
and the deserts

>enable IC2 sounds
>buggy shit that keeps replaying at random even when machines aren't working
At least the chainsaw sound is neat

>mekanism

there's various stuff you can do with it, but according to it's eula, you're not making "your own" mods with it, you're making "their" mods with it. which is retarded and likely unenforceable despite their nebulous legal threats about if you take their "property of us" tags out of the resultant code.

IP Address: 8.26.94.178

discord.gg/ZXeSmjb
Join the discord to get updates on the server, meet people to play with once the server comes up, and get hyped

Launched: 11/17/2017
Server Version: 1.11.2
Map is a crop of Europe
WW1 era guns and artillery
Towny, Brewery, meme recipes, word filter and more..

RP and General Rules
Contrary to previous iterations we will now state the actual rules for the server in a clear way, pre-launch. In theory, as always, there is only one rule: Don’t be a shitter. If you follow this set of rules, you are thereby not a shitter and you are in theory allowed to do what you want on Intcraft, and it will be up to the server population and community to put an end to their own disputes.
Towny War Flag will only be enabled from Friday-Sunday during specific hours, from Monday-Thursday it will be disabled. PvP will always be enabled.

Roleplay
Building a town/nation must be historically accurate for that location given the current time (1914 AD)
Buildings do not have to be 100% accurate, variations are allowed. But no memes.
Towns do not have to be exactly in the same geographical location as they were, but it should be in the same general area.
If you only want to pvp, find a pvp server
If you only want to buildfag, join a nation or get gud.
Nations can spread through conquest or diplomacy, but no un rp meme nations.
Towns must be in a nation (within 24 hours of its creation)
General Rules
No spam
No hacking
No advertising
No betraying
No alt accounts
No advertising /int/craft to unapproved boards/sites
No talking about Anime
Moderators and Janitors will strictly enforce these

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mekanism. The Machinery is extremely advanced, and without a solid grasp of geochemical science most of the logic behind the Mekanism Machines will go over a typical players head. There’s also Robit’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these Machines, to realise that they’re not just useful- they are also very balanced. As a consequence people who dislike Mekanism truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the 5x ore doubling , which itself is a extremely complex process that requires a lot of work and resource input before you even get there. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as aidancbrady’s genius unfolds itself on their Monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Mekanism tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they have a factory about the size of my own (preferably smaller) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

7½/10

I haven't played Minecraft since it left beta, kinda forgot about it actually. A few friends and I are looking to play again. Do any of you friendos have a good list of mods to use?

gregtech

gib modpack for playing on vanilla servers pls thank yu

gregtech

this is nice post

what is gregtech

I'm making a custom modpack in 1.7.10 and having issues with Dynamic Lights. How do I determine what name invokes its effects for a given item/block in non-Vanilla minecraft? (e.g. TiCon's stone torches, Witchery's candelabras, etc.)

I want the update with the roads to come out already so I can check if my toaster can handle the gregdick

Nodus

I dont want any hacks, just a modpack with optifine and minimaps and shit like that on it so I dont have to manually download it all.

Reika sure loves to keep putting effort into ChromatiCraft.

I was just memeing but seeing the roads I'm intrigued too. I already switched to IC2 because muh nukular reaktors and because Reactorcraft eats too much FPS. Might as well go full autism.

Can tilled soil be irrigated by a water block that is 4 blocks away on the Y axis?

>MCEdit 2's last beta was longer than a year ago
ripip

Thank you.

>this spawns at 0,0
I want to greg

Does Greg have brain damage?

Newfag here
What are some essential modcore to install?

(for 1.7.10, that is)

Shotguns are a good side option but the problem is that like all the bolt action rifles it takes a shitton of time to load it while the m1 is semi and loads all the bullets at once. When you have a shitton of MW mobs surrounding you, you can't take that much time to reload. Or use an emergency gun, I guess.

What the fuck is a modcore

Yes, we've known this since the early gregdays.

I think you should swap the greentext and normal text in OP so that descriptions are green and links are normal. That way you can just doubleclick a link and go there immediately

Avaritia

its a /tv/ meme

There's a mod that adds item ids to everything in game so you can just check the ids of all items with NEI
Don't remember the name of it though

Whats a good RPG mod for 1.7.10
Theres like a gorillion mods on this goddamn list

Nah it's a /mu/ thing. Kinda like how some music genres have -core at the end, grindcore for example.

>He doesn't know about cunnycore
>He doesn't know that /mu/ and /tv/ are basically the same

This is what I use so far on 1.7.10, adding more as time goes on.
The ones I'd recommend most are...
-Fastcraft
-MCHeli
-Vic's Modern Warfare
-MobAmputation + Mob Dismemberment
-Iron Backpacks
-Localized Weather & Storms
-Roguelike Dungeons
-Thaumcraft
-Mowzie's Mobs
and Grimiore of Gaia 3

You need to tell us what you want to do in the game and we'll come up with ideas for what mods you should install.

I want to have a map, RPG-elements (lvling system), magic, more weapons (no guns tho), more armor, more mobs, more blocks, more crafting