/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #229

I've grown grey hair waiting for this historical moment Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/dsmart/status/933433005351325698
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7eh7v3/30_spoilers_5th_evocati_qa_update
youtube.com/watch?v=LhZ4JKJi3rI
youtube.com/watch?v=VT21bgaAp3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for 3.0 released to PTU!

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

Goys!
I can't decide what to get/do this anniversary sale, should I melt my Idris-P on the basis of it not being an Idris-M and get 4 Eclipses and a 2nd Polaris, melt a bunch of shit and grab a Javelin and just grind currency for the guns etc. in-gayme or just keep my current shit and just go for the 4 eclipses and say fuck the Javelin???

I don't think I'll even bother downloading the PTU version, I know someone who's in avocado and supposedly 3.0 is about as 'playable' as fucking 2.6.3 in terms of frame rate etc.
Can't imagine this has changed with the PTU version

Well at least we'll get to see shit now compared to the shitty snippets CIG 'benevolently' have permitted to be "leaked"

You are not entitled to see dev build or whatever you want and you know it.

>entitled to nothing
Go fuck yourself CIG shill, people have been left with jack and shit for a WHOLE year and so people will fucking expect to see some new shit they can sit down with
inb4 'part & parcel gayme development, you don't understand goon'

>what is AtV
>what are Jumppoint
>what are all the developers commentary
>what are all the demo
You are just some autistic kid who cry thinking it will make the game faster.
So MAD you make CIG look good because everybody look at you and empathize with CIG having to satisfy retard like you

>the utter state of CiG

KEK

>can't call him a goon
>can't say he's wrong
>Better just commit to ad hominem
My almonds are on fire over here, what you gonna do about it?

I bet you're the same shill inbred who keeps putting that fucking referral code of yours into the fucking OP (except this one thank gawd)
Don't you have a bunch of normie scum to shill this shitty product to on your kikebook?

So mad, just go look for a stream of gameplay nda-boy

This whole 'omagawd PTU for 3.0 is here' is nothing but a 'marketing stunt' being pulled outta the dirty asshole of Sandi Gardiner & Co. ONE. FUCKING. DAY. prior to the anniversary sale
The shit on PTU is just as broken as it was on Avocado, CIG figured that they 'must' put SOMETHING out prior to the end of the year and what better time to put something out 1 day prior to the big anniversary sale which is THE time of the year where CIG makes bank
One of these days this whole CIG business is gonna fucking explode and everybody who's 'invested' in the SC project will never ever even want to look at a space gayme again
It'll be hilarious and 'somewhat sad' at the same time when it does go down one way or another

>I'm committed to ad hominem so no turning back now lest I'll look like a soyboy
You ain't gon' have to worry about your "identity", it's clear from a million miles away you're a soyboy kike who needs to be thrown into the ovens on the day of the rope

This just in. A company wants to make more money. More at 11.

I don't really care as long as they don't get so greedy that it negatively affects their customers and steps into shady territory. Be as nitpicky as you want, CIG isn't there yet.

Only in darkest corners of the internet will you find people like this.

Who the hell cares.

>ONE. FUCKING. DAY. prior to the anniversary sale

The absolute state of SC.

Prospector officially now best view.

>Warbonds effectively putting every single backer (except kickstarter backers) in the back of the bus aka the nigger treatment
>They've already revealed 20 gorillion different skins for ships, weapons and they'll probably have it for personal armor too, all the 'ingredients' you need for a lootbox gambling scheme akin to CS:GO and TF2: Hat Simulator
>Most certainly gonna gouge people for shekels when they wish to upgrade a ship to another ship with the same value this year instead of just having it so that 0 dollar CCUs only persists for 24 hours on your account as the 'excuse' for this debacle is the grey market
>Exclusive ship you'll never be able to obtain in-gayme except if you give Intel 600 dollars? never mind that goy..!
There's plenty of shit that sets the fucking red light off on my dashboard, what's your fucking excuse??

>Most certainly gonna gouge people for shekels when they wish to upgrade a ship to another ship with the same value this year instead of just having it so that 0 dollar CCUs only persists for 24 hours on your account as the 'excuse' for this debacle is the grey market
They already tried to do this earlier this year and the community actually balked and threw a shitfit about it so they backed off.

With 3.0 out and the Indian Genocide Day sale how many shekels do you think will be added to his offshore bank accou-I MEAN CIG's (((development fund)))?

Doesn't fucking mean they'll stop now does it?
They're bound to pull some shitty stunt this year like wiping the buy back history of every single user as to avoid 'losing out' on shekels with the peeps who got BMMs at 250 and can literally grab any 350 dollar ship for a 250 dollar ship (unless CIG pisses on their parade)
Fucking calling it now

Maybe I'm being a little extreme, but this is shit, even for post evocati release.
The framerate is worse than 2.6 for me and the game is much less playable with all the extra bullshit UI they added. QT is a pain, inner thoughts are clunky and need a bunch of work. You shopuldn't have to press F. The game should know if you are that close, to just give you the thought to click instead of holding F while clicking, which is weird. The framerate is tremendously bad, so is the load times.
Overall, the game has taken a major step back from what you could do in 2.6.
Going 1200m/s less than 100 off the surface at

Can't say I'm surprised...
This year will literally be 2015's 2.6 release all over again
Gawd help us all

This is as or more stable than most PTU releases.
It's alpha, stop whining about bugs and crashes.
Took them fucking long enough to get here, but this is par for the course in terms of stability.
People whining like you are right now is why they drag their feet about it.. 2.0 release you literally crashed before you got to the ship deck at first, then you crashed before you got to the landing pads next patch, my first attempted tonight I got my ship, got it flying, into QD and then crashed when I dropped out at yela. Second attempt I crashed when I got near Daymar. This is perfectly acceptable for a first release. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Reliant more says hi.

Please stop making excuses. It's an alpha, we get it, shut the fuck up.

Please do not feed them. They are allergic to anything that doesn’t paint CIG in a good light.

I’m old enough to remember when 2.0 was the worst bug ridden patch ever. 3.0seems much more stable and this is only the first ptu wave.

TLDR don’t bite their bait

>all this futuristic technology
>auto pilot and auto land aren't invented yet

>NEW launcher music
>MULTIPLE NEW SONGS
And this is the Live patcher, does the Delta patcher have this shit too?
Can't find most of these songs on the Chiffmonkey playlist either.

Yay the kike's thread with said kike's referral code got btfo
Time to celebrate

I have a reliant prospector view is better.

Is there an officially recommended graphics driver for 3.0? Ive got a lot of artifacting. going on.

Auto land is in any designated landing zone.
Autopilot isn't because ships have integrated weapons and Humanity had an AI war sometime back and giving AI of any sort access in the real world is now illegal.

>all this futuristic tech.
SC universe is basically cold war era tech in space. Yes its set 900 years in the future but the gameplay and concepts you can expect to encounter are cold war. From guided missiles that only hit sometimes to gun based fighter combat to non omniscient radar systems and the lack of drone warfare.

When you want to guess if something is in SC compare it to cold war tech from 1940 ot so to 1995, thats our window of likely toys, just in space. There are some SCI-FI mandatory exceptions like shields and unobtanium based super engines, but combat and automation wise we're in the 70s again.

You can always asspull that computers are bulky in the future because everyone switched over to quantum computers resulting in said computers being bulky again and not yet having been downsized like normal computers today.

Officially? No idea but I think it’s safe to set for the 900 gtx series. I have a 970 ti and I get 24-29 average fps

are there any torrents of 3.0 yet? if not, how long is it going to take?

>My desktop PC now is 2x bigger than the IBM I used in 1992.
Personally I don't see any issue with the hardware being the same size as current year. If anything, being able to squeeze all the components to make quantum space travel calculations, holographic interfaces, flight control systems, into a box the size of the current day PC is amazing.

Motion Blur and FOV controls in menus we truly are in 2017 people.

>100 max
Lame.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING... SHIT!

85 is Default apparently.

gief at least 130 =

Latest Nvidia driver 388.31 works well.
If you get the black screen, log all the way our, verify your files and then try again, it may a take a few minutes to load in, I have SSD and 64 gigs of ram and It still took like 5 minutes one time.
Crusader is a mess, and you will crash within a couple minutes every time, AC is more stable but still crashy.

Derek Smart on suicide watch

twitter.com/dsmart/status/933433005351325698

Gladius is now 280 SCM, 1236 cruise.

3.0.0 must be stopped by any means neccisary!
what is president Trump's phone number? not the white house, his cell phone.

Just twat at his twatter @realdonaldtrump

>email says first wave is going to be 1st of December
>ends up being 23 of november

is Christ Roberts finally delivering? did the madman finally managed to release something?

Hows the cargo mechanics? Can you guys loot that pvp station area (havent play since some freeflight ages ago)?
The game is heavy AF now so I dont even think my shit toaster can handle it at the moment.

I got here finally, flew over the surface for like 250km, at mach one, then CTD.

i can see you're data matrix, i know who you are and im am reporting you to CIG for Leaking

>Implications.
>Being this retarded.
>not reading the rest of the thread.
>slowpoke.jpg

What are the major missing features from the current PTU for 3.0? From the leaks before, I assume the two AI mission givers still aren't in.

>major missing features
most of the frames. still shots look great. gameplay is a series of still shots rather than the illusion of motion. the server(s) is(are) fucking swamped

Huh, almost my entire steam wishlist went on sale. What a coincidence.

Does the current 3.0 build have 100 players per instance.

I think 50 players per server currently.

bless your adventurous spirit user

If you believe the leddit post:
Q: How’s testing this week?
A: We did a lot of focused tests in the past 7 days including 100 player server stress tests, shopping experience tests, mission system tests, and reviewing ships’ completion status.

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7eh7v3/30_spoilers_5th_evocati_qa_update

thanks for updating the op with the new jump point pastebin

No, but travelling around a planet moon is pretty damn comfy. Scale seems right. I'm to take a box to Terra Mills Hydrofarm on Cellin atm.

Meant to quote you. The one cargo mission was for a single box, but there were a bunch more to be had, so it's there. Getting it in the ship is just classic Cutlass. Pretty redesign, same buggy mess. It's not all bad, you fall through the floor of the 350r and have to pick the seat from pretty far away to even fly it.

Have some whales
youtube.com/watch?v=LhZ4JKJi3rI

>using a pastebin that is now two versions out of date just to remove ved
At least they keep it current.

The mission bugged out and failed and the cargo is frozen to the floor.

No thanks.
Amerimutts are cancer. I recommend watching french streamers.They're by far really comfy.

Ok Zelange sure thing.

>Zelange
Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

Is 3.0 fun?

Worth buying the game now?

Meh. It's overhyped really. In a few patches maybe. Not anything this year you want to play. I'm giving it a rest for a few hours. Maybe the servers will settle down and be playable. It's a wreck atm.

aka delusional broken english user who shits up the thread.
Turns out he's not a br, he's french.

There will be discount packs of some sort available tomorrow, cheapest way to get the game aside from the gray market.

Every 3.0 twitch stream I turn on is fucking terrible not because of the game but the hosts. Every single one of this fucks are trying to form a cult of personality and are obnoxious.

everyone wants to be e-famous for some reason

.......are these fat fucks seriously talking about buying MULTIPLE Javelins and Idrises?
What the actual flying fuck...
>RSI sending out letters to their Concierges Whales only about sale updates
I guess at least they know who's gonna dump money into this?

This whole system is fucked.

That's because the goons are DDOS'ing the servers in a panic.

youtube.com/watch?v=VT21bgaAp3I

The situtation really disturbs me. Not because they are buying up all the big ships; whales are gonna whale. But because when the game releases one of two things is going to happen and neither is going to be good for the game:
>The whales are given capabilities or power projection somewhat comparable to the money they spent and the game will instantly have two castes of players that have no translation between them (unless you suddenly decide to spend a truckload of money). The player pop will wither away fairly steadily and the game will just dry up after a couple of years.
>The whales are basically "equal" with the plebs on day 1. The whales will fucking riot. Maybe not all of them, but enough of them to cause a big enough stink that will drastically affect the public perception of the game thus reducing new players coming in (the lifeblood of an mmmo-like game). A sort of "CIG turns its back on its most ardent supporters and runs off with their money" headlines everywhere thing.
Really hoping CIG manages to pull a third (better) option out of their asses before full release.

>bullshit I just made up for 500 alex

because money

My hope has always been that the official servers serve the whales and unofficial servers host everyone else. Sure unofficial servers won't be able to host the same number of people, but I don't think they need to for it to be enjoyable.

Whales would be easy to manage if CIG can manage expectations.

the people buying these big ships doesn't seem to be very intelligent, I'm guessing some players can band together and steal a ship easily

>game will instantly have two castes of players
You think there's only going to be two castes? It's very comparable to EVE, you have massive organisation to throw around, a competent A and maybe B team or basically nobody, and the game should be fine for that.
Let alone a huge level of freedom and NPCs both greasing gears as well as enabling subterfuge and you got probably a very flexible and versatile player politics based universe.

I was watching a stream earlier and some guy was showing off his connie, showing off the storage areas, the bathrooms and the popup table. He made it to the bridge and realized someone had stolen it and left ollisar and he had no idea any of it was happening. So yes, stealing big ships and kidnapping their owners is very easy.

I imagine this will be the biggest complaint of the whales, having their ships stolen out from under them. At least until they complain enough for CIG to add some kind of ship security system like a password to start it up.

Is Elite Dangerous still worth getting?
Are enough people still playing it?

Do I need all the DLC's?

AVAST ME HEARTIES, LET US PLUNDER THE WHALE

can't wait to roleplay as space pirates honestly

Elite Dangerous is in maintenance mode now. They've promised to start fixing a lot of their older features instead of adding new ones, but have gone back on a lot of them admitting that it's just too difficult to add what they've promised and thus just leave it as is.

wide as a planet, deep as a puddle

I don't think it's worth it, it's basically almost the same as when it's launched, nothing really changed except a few adittions

there's no option for players to affect the universe in any way

you need to invest a ton of money and grind to get ships for combat (or find exploits to do it)

cargo, passenger missions, smuggling, exploration is all the same shit

it's pretty comfy though, immersive, and a great screenshot generator, outside of that, there's barely any depth except for combat and managing your ship

I gave it 50 hours and never played it more

At this stage in the game, No. Elite is not worth it. Elite is a case study of having all the right ideas and tools and fucking it up because your lead designer is either retarded or a 5th Columnist purposely trying to sabotage the project.
Fuck Sandro Samarco and why the fuck does he dress like an American cowboy?

cryengine uses vertical FOV, so 100 is much wider than you think.