/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1078 - Sleep Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/637100/discussions/0/1489992080503066729/
youtube.com/watch?v=bSj7yRyPWaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_2tIbAhhpxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that Bartleby is the strongest Sonic character and that he and Sonic are lovers.

So, do you think Sonic Team has already started work on the next Sonic game?

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

crownu

Probably, but don't expect any news about it until the summer of 2018.

First for cutest sloth

sure, they probably started on "research"

so is there any reason they can't bring characters like sally into the video games?

she is a princess of a nation

>SA1
6.5/10 mediocre

>SA2
6/10 mediocre

>Heroes
4/10 bad

>Shadow
5.5/10 mediocre

>06
2/10 bad

>Unleashed
8/10 great

>Colors
7/10 good

>Generations
7.5/10 great

>Lost World
4/10 bad

>Forces
6/10 mediocre

pretty cool OC there

For about a year after sonic unleashed came out, I was confused as to why everyone praised it as being great, I had played it myself and it was garbage.
Then I found out about the version differences, I had the Wii version.

Also there seems to be a patch for sonic forces on steam, either that or I'm downloading 117MB for no reason.

>Unleashed
>8/10 great
Maybe if you only count the day stages.

post you're forces OC

Guess Sonic should've stuck to being 2D

not mine, some nerd made it, but I really do like the idea if she got some kind of super form it would be electricity and would change her colour scheme to her old old one

SEGA/Sonic Team have no interest in characters they did not create.

fuck off with your image limit eating shit

delet this

Why would you want them to?
Have you seen how they treat the extended cast already in the games?

why is heros worse than shadow?

don't you have to beat shadow more times to unlock the true ending?

yup. good thing we'll never see mighty, ray, bean, bark, or fang ever again. all's well that ends well

Heroes's physics are far worse and shadow fixed grind rails completely

Sonci best hero

Yes but at least Shadow has some different levels to go through rather than all the same.

Ten times.
But that's also how they forced you to replay it a lot to git gud and maybe even have just a little bit of fun
Also, dat glorious, high-res Maria is too cute

>Sonic is into electroplay

Please don't do this user, the Forces avatar honeymoon period is over. You're just going to make other posters pissed off

enemies with health bars are a terrible idea in a regular sonic game, but it works fine in a game with guns (otherwise you get forces where guns are OP to the point of being boring and monotonous)
Shame that the strafe/aiming system was shit, they should have stolen that from ratchet just like they did the grind rail implementation

Sorry user. I don't wanna send other anons into autistic fits.

So now that Forces primarily got scores ranging from 5 to 7, what do you think ST is gonna do next? Are they gonna do another 180 and do something radically different?

I wouldn't even mind people posting Forces OCs, but it's clear someone's gonna sperg out at them being posted again. So people might as well slow it down.

It's already been said. They're gonna take what worked in Mania & put it in 3D. What that actually means remains to be seen

They barely use the characters that are already in the game.

nice bump

[spolir]sonic Thwr hedgehog 5 episode 1[/spoiwrr]

no fan service allowed

I liked drawing art of some of the avatars for the anons in the thread before, but I agree, it's better to stop before the backlash shits up the thread.

Are you having a stroke?

I think they've gotten enough art. If they want more they should post it elsewhere.

OC posting wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't just the same people spamming the same oc's every thread treating this place as /r/.

What could they even learn from Mania?

Anyone got a list of names for these guys 'n gals?

cute

Artist?

That people like Classic and old stages.

To be fair, those anons were told to slow down & mostly have slowed down. I get not wanting the general to just be people posting contextless pics of their OC & asking for requests 24/7, but I'm also not for anyone just showing an OC once in a while being screeched at. But, it is what it is I guess.

/dbzg/ has been pretty good about their Xenoverse OCs

We could learn a thing or two form them.

Terrific

Was trying to beat the record and it happened, even i was like Omg just for 0.1 lol
mine was 24.56 before

>tfw trying to beat the mission time on extra stage 6 with all the fire jets on a PC that runs that stage at 20fps with the lowest resolution
>tfw it took a fucking hour to get perfect timing with my limited input frames

Seems that whoever checks leaderboards for cheated times isn't very good at it, the top two times on stage 25 are impossible for the characters who have it.

Cardsharp used a cat, and the squares guy used a wolf, you can't get under 48 seconds with anything other than bird.

How come she doesn't wear gloves?

What was the Sonic Forces update?

Also, Cardsharp used a Burst Wispon, no way in hell he got anything lower than 70 seconds with that.

There wasn't one. user's steam was messed up.

Sally is shit, and that means a lot considering some of the characters in this franchise.

Thought as much, no idea why it's downloading shit though, I haven't done anything to it, I just booted my computer up this morning and it started downloading shit for a bunch of games, mostly 512 byte updates that I ignored, but the sonic forces one was a size that intrigued me so I thought it was possible.

Infinite says that eggman has been defeated by sonic for "decades", but sonic is 16 canonically

Infinite only does virtual reality projections - so when the giant elongated infinite monsters destroyed bridges in stages 16, were the bridges getting destroyed in real life or does he magically give you the ability to phase through solid surfaces in order to maintain the illusion?

If infinite has the ability to change someone's gravity, why didn't he just invert gravity and make everyone fly into space?

At the end when infinite made a giant sun and it was destroyed by the ruby prototype, the ruby prototype was destroyed - so what stopped infinite from just creating a new sun?

The villain swarm included thousands of shadow fakes - but the real shadow was there too - how was he not constantly getting attacked by his own side?

It's weird. I imagine there should be an update whenever the Super Sonic thing eventually gets announced.

>only in the english script apparently
>ruby made the effects real
>that's a good idea and no one is allowed to act on those
>see above point
>real Shadow was the only one moving and actually doing things

steamcommunity.com/app/637100/discussions/0/1489992080503066729/
You need to get rid of the Super Sonic and Sanic files otherwise the game will crash.

Translation differences, japanese version just says something like "He's defeated you in every encounter"

Tails states that while they are "Illusions" they're completely real for the people trapped in them, so think that yes, the bridge in the real world wasn't destroyed, but at the time you weren't in the real world

Probably has a range limit, after a while you'd stop falling into the sky and start falling back towards the planet.

Not enough energy, he used most of the phantom ruby's energy making the first sun.

I assume they wouldn't attack the Shadow that is attacking the Chaos/Zavok/Metal clones

Oh, so there was a patch. Glad to see they fixed the Shadow music stuff.

So did the ruby transport everyone to an alternate dimension? Was everyone lying in a room unconscious and hallucinating everything?

Ah, so there was an update, I never had any mods for the game so it runs fine.

Sonic is 15. Classic is 16.

rip Knuckles

>Shadow music stuff
oh so I'm not going insane, they actually did use the original shadow menu music in the PC version?

yeap. The other tracks appear to be early versions of the remixes.

>Controller issue (fixes to deadzones and D-pad mapping on controllers)
fuck me does this mean they finally added d-pad support for classic sonic, after I 100%ed the game?

1. He wasn't being literal, he's just a cocky idiot wanting to rub in that he beat Sonic on his first try. I don't know why people got up in arms about that line.

4. He explicitly needed three days to charge up the massive amount of energy to do that. He probably could've done it again if he had 3 more days.

5. Eyes are different, and it they just had to not attack the Shadow that was fighting the fakes. Alternatively, he's just that good to avoid them.

I'll give you the other 2 though.

You could always switch movement to dpad in the options. That's what I've been doing for each 2D stage.

It's kinda like temporary alternate dimensions overlayed onto the real one, less illusions and more summoning. When the "illusions" leave the damage they caused remain.

It's probably another translation problem, Japanese might have a word similar in meaning to "illusion" but not exactly the same, and illusion was the closest english word/the only word the translators could think of.

But does that change 3D stages to be controlled purely by the dpad as well?
I don't know why the fuck they couldn't just make both work simultaneously like previous games

The whole concept behind infinite comes off as "dude vr but real life lmao" like a tacky attempt at being topical, I have no idea how much of that was intentional and how much was just the translator's choice of words

>But does that change 3D stages to be controlled purely by the dpad as well?
Yeah, I just switched it whenever I had to do a lot of 2D.

>I don't know why the fuck they couldn't just make both work simultaneously like previous games
I don't know either.

>sonic openly quips he saw classic sonic in sonic generations
>a game about time travel with a final boss all about destroying time
>but in forces, this same classic sonic is actually from another dimension

youtube.com/watch?v=bSj7yRyPWaQ

is this the same location as forces?

The whole game is an inconsistent mess, in both tone and plot. Quite frankly, Sonic Lost World did it's darker parts better than Forces did, it's hard to take the plot seriously when sonic is quipping all the time.

It's like they took the story of Sonic Adventure and then inserted modern sonic into it, "Witty" commentary and all.

Lost world was a below average saturday morning cartoon
Forces was a below average shounen anime

Forces might have the most tolerable cutscenes of any sonic game but that's largely due to voice acting and general dialogue timing actually being competent

I really, really wish they didn't try to yie Mania into Forces.

It doesn't make many any worse, but it sur as hell made Forces worse.

That still makes no sense. Fucking Iizuka

I'd kill for a SA2 remake that fixes all the bugs and poor timing in cutscenes. I still think that game has the best Sonic controls.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2tIbAhhpxI
Was it cringekino?

>Fucking Iizuka
The "Classic is 16" thing comes from Sonic Jam, way back in 1997.

And the "Classic is from another dimension" thing already been explained a thousand times: Due to the fuckery caused by the Time Eater in Generations, the franchise now has a branching timeline where Mania happens in one dimension, but the Modern Adventures happened in another.

They're two different Sonics from two different dimensions. One just happens to be further along the timeline than the other. What's not making sense to you?

I think they majorly dropped the ball by not having Classic Sonic talk. I wanted to hear how the two Sonics interacted.

Do crush 40 still exist? Or did they disband once sonic team no longer asked for them?

Crush 40 is still around. Jun even worked on some themes in Forces.

Jam was directed by Iizuka look it up. It was the first thing he directed

Was it infinite and fist bump? Or the individual level music?

Well he clearly didn't put much thought into Sonic's ages

Infinite & the Shadow remixes, iirc.