/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Stargate master race edition

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>PS3
[Nov 14] IDPS dumper now works on 4.82 firmware. PS3 users interested in the upcoming exploit are advised to stay on 4.81 for the time being. wololo.net/2017/11/15/ps3-idps-dumper-updated-support-ps3-firmware-4-82/
-More info on the exploit: psx-place.com/threads/official-firmware-4-81-exploit-software-downgrader-more-incoming-could-superslim-be-hacked.15389/
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation(dot)tk/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

Other urls found in this thread:

nopaystation.com/pkgi
models-resource.com/nintendo_switch/arms/
wiiu.guide/vwii-modding
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Has anyone been able to extract models from Big Blue Box's PS4/Switch dumps?

PKGI link got updated, here's the working one: nopaystation.com/pkgi

Xbox One CFW when

do 128gb micro SD cards work on the n3ds? I want to know if I can buy one on black friday to use on my hacked n3ds.

They do, you just have to format them with FAT32

nice, thanks hopefully it will be enough to have all the games worth playing on the 3ds.

Literally one month later, still no PS4 CFW.

Wait 5 more hours.

Other than BOTW, how big are the other decent Wii U games (the ones in the top 25 of metacritic)?
BOTW is like 13GB
Thinking of getting SM3DW, Bayonetta and AC3 and whatever else is good

Wnat am I supposed to enter when it asks for Warioware's titlekey? Because entering the actual titlekey doesn't work. This here is pajeet-tier coding, fuck.

Which cunt removed the wiiu titlekeys link

super mario 3D world: 1.8GB
bayo 1: 12.9GB
bayo 2: 15.8GB

thanks man. when you delete a game from the WIi U USB, does it remove it correctly? I'm just worried it might be like the PS2 HDD which never used to hand back the space properly.

How the fuck do I know which pokemon I'm giving myself using powersaves, in ultra sun? I edited in Pokemon 1-6 so I could get Rowlet and Litten + their evolutions, but ended up getting Bulbasaur and Charmander + evolutions. Basically the same thing but I'd like to know.

I extracted shit from ARMS but all the formats are weird proprietary Nintendo formats that can't be ripped like the Wii u ones.

1. How do people play the Wii U version of Wii games like Pandoras Tower? Does the gamepad work okay and how do you do the aiming without a Wiimote?
If I still have a Wii should I just play the Wii version?
2. Can I mix using the Vita memory card in a PSTV with a USB drive? Could I have games stored on both?

>prodg can install packages while you're playing a game but not while on the xmb

I won a super slim PS3 for dirt cheap the other day I'm going to have to hope and wait for an exploit right?

I'm on Rebug CFW 4.81
is it safe to update to 4.82?

Update via USB to 4.81 then wait

no.

Which one is the Fatal Frame with the tits and ass?

Madden of Black Water?

thanks

I played the entirety of Pandoras Tower with a Classic Controller on the Wii and don't remember having any issues, although aiming was obviously a little slower than a Wiimote.
I'm assuming the Gamepad just uses the Classic Controller control scheme so it's probably fine. Either way you can use a wiimote if you really want to.

Why do you keep reverting back to the screwed up OP that lacks some of the latest news and isn't well organized?

My bad, this one doesn't lack any news as far as I'm aware, but still, the news section is a bit hard to follow. I don't get it

Did Europe get every Wii U game that Murrica got? Just wondering if I will miss out any good titles if I filter on EUR on the titlekeys site.
Might be better to just get USA roms 2bh.

Bound to be some eshop only stuff Europe didn't get but it's probably not anything good.

How cheap are exploitable Wii U's these days? Thinking of getting one on Black Friday.

Wii U was discontinued last year.

I know, how much are prices online these days? I don't want to overpay for a old used machine.

That has nothing to do with their question. There's still stock in plenty of places that would offer them in black Friday sales. Both new old stock, and used/refurbished.
Though most placed still sell whichever version at like $250. And with every firmware being exploitable, just find one for like $200 or less and you'll be fine.

Refurbished models are 250 but there are still a lot of unsold stock, you can hunt on shops this black friday for a new unit at that price.

I see a couple of refurbished units on eBay for around $150, comes with a gamepad too and appears to be in good condition. Is the latest firmware hackable or do I have to look for a specific model like PS3?

what do you mean? it's still in the pastebin.

If i'm on ps4 4.07 should I just kill myself

So it sounds like Switch isn't pirate ready. Is that correct?

Yes

Obviously.

why the fuck you expect a console that's not even 2 years old yet to be pirate ready

Because I'm impatient, nerd.

I just want some dank emulators.
And I really hope we get something like Nintendont at some point. I want a portable GameCube machine.

I don't think Switch has Gamecube/Wii hardware built in, it won't run natively like on a Wii or Wii U so it will definitely run like complete shit.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're completely correct. You'd be lucky to get a Dreamcast emulator.

Lastest firmware is hackeable

Some Gamecube games appeared as Switch games on Nintendo's website earlier this year. So maybe they are planning GC VC.

Grow up

Fuck you, dad. Stay out of my room.

Grow up

(You)

I heard Rayman Switch has the 3.0.0 update as well? Is this true?

When can we play 6'1"+ games on the vita

>pokemon 1-6
look up their national dex numbers, I assume it's going by that, they should be 700-something

>locking yourself out of mario odyssey

Yeah, my dumbass realized like an hour after I posted, thanks though. I do have one more question though, if you know the answer, but if not that's fine.

I tried editing in Raikou, and a bunch of pokemon that come after him in the national dex. Every pokemon I wanted that was edited into boxes 1-8 hatched fine, but anything past that, wouldn't hatch at all (raikou is in box 10 I think).
Would anyone happen to know why? I edited them into the game BEFORE I even unlocked boxes 9-32, (the eggs were there once I unlocked the boxes) is that why?

>locking yourself out of K I C K A S S

I really enjoyed AC Black Flag, Olli Olli, and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Watchdogs was alright too, and Zombi U can be kinda fun

>tfw can't choose between kickass and odyssey

Probably not injectable - I seem to remember they were all first party titles, so probably ports/recompiles

Yeah.

>powersaves
what the fuck

Asking again since it was near the end of the last thread:

The optical drive is shot on my WiiU. I'm using brazillian title method to install everything I have (and be honest, want) from the e-shop.

Lego Dimensions doesn't have e-shop game, only updates. Is there a way to rip the disk to a brazillian-installable format? not disk2app on the wiiU since the whole problem is it can't read disks anymore.

>sonic
>first party title
kek

What is the point in downloading anything using any stupid huehue method or ripping when you can just use titlekeys and funkiiu? I don't get you people

That is the brazilian method.

While downgrading is impossible on Switch, has the possibility of RedNAND been completely ruled out as well? I know it would require an obnoxious amount of extra storage like it did on Wii U, but it'd be at least one solution about being stuck with oldass games, having an up to date rednand booted from a 3.0.0 sysnand.

....now literally as I typed that I realized that updating inside a rednand might still blow a fuse and make you brick because the sysnand is still outdated. Whatever I'll just post this anyway to hopefully get more informed about this shit.

Random question, but does pressing the start button while freeshop is open result in an arm11 exception for you guys too?

I'm on the latest version of luma/freeshop.. it's not a big deal, but just wondering if it's only with my system

Which is the best Flashcart for the New Nintendo 3DS XL, where should I get it from, and when should I get it? Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or just any other day?

If you're already hacked get Ak2i. I don't think chinks care about BF desu.

I'm not already hacked. I'm looking to hack. Hence why I'm looking for a Flashcart.

Awesome, thanks mate. Just ordered one.

I'm thinking about ordering one myself.

You can't go wrong with R4i Gold then. But if you wanna go cheap and just hack, you can get R4iSDHC GOLD Pro but that shit is timebombed.

What's a trustworthy place to buy the ace3ds x?

If you can find one for cheap I would do it. Refurbished units on ebay are not too expensive, some are cheaper than New 3DS XL's.

Like I said
>seem to remember
Sorry I remembered wrong user-sama

Either way, I'd be surprised if it was an actual GC iso wrapped up with an emulator like the other VC titles

Timebombed?

yeah I was going to ask this too

Probably from their own website. Or from Amazon, I guess?

Personally I'm getting an Ace3DS X

>plays NDS roms super easy
>flip switch to use NTR boot, flip switch back - no fucking around flashing shit
>them A E S T H E T I C S that fill the 3ds card slot properly
>reasonable price

R4i 3DS b9s is an acceptable choice for poor fags though

Stargate is just a fucking sham like gateway, and 75% of the features are pointless if you have Luma or any non-tranny CFW on your 3DS

I have a spare 500GB HDD which I can use with either my PSTV or Wii U
What do, /hbg/?
I don't even know what I'd end up playing more 3bh

Ignore point 3, I'm an idiot thought I'd seen an Ace 3DS X in a 3ds cart style shell, and in that pic it clearly isnt

I don't see it on their site and amazon dosen't allow flashcarts I believe

They stop working after a certain date (september 2018 according to the guide). Pretty sure you can get around that by rolling the date back though. Sometimes flashing a different kernel works too but most of the time it doesn't afaik.

use it for Wii U and load up a ton of Wii and Gamecube games.

Same although it just crashes and returns to the main menu for me.

Stargate is such a good card. You all should buy one!

>weird proprietary Nintendo formats that can't be ripped
models-resource.com/nintendo_switch/arms/

I just sort the platforms by whichever has the most recent news. That way it's less "platform biased" and the hottest stuff is always at the top.

Think I'll do this. Is it hard to set up a vWii? And are they stable? Can I use a Wii Classic Controller for Gamecube games?

It's pretty easy to setup.
wiiu.guide/vwii-modding

Nintendon't has really good compatibility with GC games, haven't found a flaw yet in all the games I tried. and yes you can use a Wii Classic Controller for Gamecube games

I got everyone that I wanted, apart from Project Zero 5 EUR didn't have the DLC to turn the trial to for the full game. I had to download Fatal Frame 5 USA to get the full game.

I got a white one for 90 bongbuck is great condition, so they are getting pretty cheap.

If you ever want a first hand example of pure autism join the 3DS Homebrew Discord.

Holy shit that place is aids. No clue why they made it so strict and lame. Power trippers everywhere

>haven't found a flaw yet in all the games I tried

TTYD gets butchered if you don't play it in 480i

The amount of moral-fagging and control freaks is unbelievable, and they are less helpful that this shithole. Plus the no piracy, or information about it is cancer.

cool, thanks m8

4.81 exploit WHEN?!?!

>tfw discord moralfags and reddit soyboys are less helpful than fucking Veeky Forums

somehow i think that's the worst criticism you could ever make