What is the historicity behind the cognitive dissonance of mass populations voting against their self-interest?

What is the historicity behind the cognitive dissonance of mass populations voting against their self-interest?

Pic unrelated.

>he thinks people are capable of voting in their self interest

ask the Hillary supporters currently out rioting against their self-interest

Explain?

What part of pic unrelated don't you understand?!

Stop trying so hard to be a Turk you retard.
Something something "liberal tears" is what I think they're saying. Can't speak Rube so it isn't clear.

Lack of evidence or holding factual false beliefs. That's all it really boils down to.

>"Stop trying so hard to be a Turk you retard."
>while I'm talking about American politics
oxymorons aside, how do you "stop try" being something you were born as, friend?

You're transethnic

>Explain?

Not that user but by the time people vote on something, their options have been narrowed down to two for them by someone else. One might be more in their interest than others, but there could be other options they aren't allowed that would be even better.

Get avatar b& already

wow, rude

oy friendo i beto u are a bored kurd yes

u used to be ok but u just take the piss too foten

feels before reals

The masses are dumb and being a populist is easy.

Isnt he the better choice when the other one says "white people need to listen to black people"

What about 'pic unrelated' don't you understand?!

stop posting this thread

People are dumb and easily manipulated, particularly those who have no higher education.

>The clinton's any better than Trump for lower class people.
Why? Trump is pro-protectionist and wants something resmebling universal healthcare.That helps most of his voter base

lol this thread is top cringe...

and he is willing to work with the other country with a lot of nukes

What is historically the motivation behind governments ignoring the issues the people care about enough to lead to them to resort to a more extreme alternative?

2 many too's o:

Basically it boils down to confirmation bias. People don't want to hear the truth if it doesn't mesh with their world views. So you tell them what they want to hear and they'll buy, whether you actually care or not, and any evidence to the contrary is dismissed.

Because Trump at least panders to the working class.

Hillary said during a fucking debate that NAFTA was good for the rust belt, is she retarded?

It's not in your interest to be posting on Veeky Forums, but you're still doing it.

Why is it in your self interest to be politically active?
What causes you to go against at your interest?
More importantly

What does Interest mean?

Nazis, hands down.
>DO YOU WANT A WAAAR?
>JAAAAAAAAAAA
>I WILL GIVE YOU A WAR!!
>JAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HEIL! HEIL!

Do you even know what cognitive dissonance is? Do you realize that in psychology it's just a theoretical concept for something hypothetical proposed by a single psychologist ever?

>Hillary said during a fucking debate that NAFTA was good for the rust belt, is she retarded?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone outside of politics say that NAFTA was good for them, so who the hell was it good for?

>voting for your self interests instead of for a more righteous world is a good thing

ummm kys pls k thx

Implying higher education isn't a place to manipulate the minds of the youth