Release of /ddlc/ Sings Edition
Previous Thread: >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s (embed)
Booru: ddlc.booru.org

/ddlc/ Sings "Your Reality"
ft. 64 Anons
youtu.be/7acpV4fKp9Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7acpV4fKp9Y
pastebin.com/3Lq4cTji)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's here!

Natsuki!

GET IN HERE

WE DID IT LADS

Reminder that Christmas is literally a month away!

Yuri!

Threadly reminder that Sayori loves you!

nTSUKI LOVERS WHERE W E A T

why live now that we have what we want now

>tfw no yuri bf to sing

Natsuki loves her papa!

OH YES

FUCK I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER DINNER

>tfw girl
>tfw can make out my voice a bit
Time to die

Friendly reminder that the Doki Doki Literature Club General - /ddlc/ does NOT condone any of the following:

- Underage Drinking
- Self Harm
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts
- Substance Abuse (Any)
- Waifu Wars
- Waifu Bullying
- Heating Water For Your Tea On The Microwave (Please buy a[n electric] kettle)
- Not Doing Your Best To Be The user Your Waifu Would Like
- Staying Up Late

And, finally, you are encouraged to try/cry and exercise both your body with a healthy walk around the block or a flight of stairs in your daily commute and your creativity by writing texts of any kind.

(1/6)
>you've been driving for about an hour now.
>of course she insisted on a radio channel filled with cheery pop music.
>the squeaky-clean vocals had cooed into your ears, about young love and sunshine and parties and cafes, for the better part of the hour, punctuated only with commercials for new pop beverages and health insurance.
>you hate it, but you endure it for her. because it makes her happy.
>she deserves to be happy.
>thankfully you left the channel's range about twenty miles ago. once it was nothing but static, she allowed you to turn it off. the radio is quiet now.
>instead you hear only the droning of the highway as it passes underneath the metal guts of the vehicle; the clackering of empty cans as they rattle in the backseat...
>...and her. she's panicking again.
>"how much farther?" she keeps bringing her hands up to the blindfold.
>you can see, even in your peripherals, how tempted she is to tear it off, to free herself from this "punishment."
>she's been slow to trust you, of course.
>you had told her to keep it on until you get there.
>it's not coming easily to her, but she's trying her best to believe in you.
>although you train your eyes on the road, you can spare her a hand; easing your foot's pressure on the accelerator pedal, you reach over, across the cupholders, and push it against her shoulder.
>like she's afraid of the dark and your hand is her guardian teddybear, she clings to it and pushes it against her body. you feel it going white from the pressure of her squeeze.
>perhaps the lurching of the car is making her queasy? you know it's not the latest, cleanest model or anything...
>"user? how much farther?" she repeats, more urgently this time.
>"not much," you say. "we're almost there."
>although it seems to bring her little comfort, she says nothing to question this news. you see her gnawing at her bottom lip with her front teeth. her hands, against yours, feel damp.
>maybe she's never been outside of the city before?

I can hear that one girl singing

>youtu.be/7acpV4fKp9Y
Oh boy it's here
>drunken "People need to stop fucking lewding Natsuki" right at the front
Oh...well there I am.

(2/6)
>finally the car begins to slow.
>it rolls over large gravel and uneven stretches of packed dirt.
>the seats aren't vibrating with highway speed anymore.
>she feels this change. you feel it too. she's tensing up against the touch of your hand, which she had held to herself all the rest of the way.
>turning the wheel with only one hand is tricky, but letting her hold the other seemed to have calmed her down a lot.
>she's worth it.
>"user?" she whimpers, careful not to let you raise her hopes too high.
>"yep! we're here!"
>she's ripped the blindfold off before you can tell her not to. you'd wanted to at least get the basket from the trunk first, but...
>she looks around. "where are we?"
>trees surround your car from three sides. small insects scuttle across the windshield, seeking prey.
>it's a short walk until you've reached your *real* destination, though. even from the driver's seat you can see the dirt path which narrows through the woods.
>you tell her this as you shift the car into Park, and kill the wheezing engine.
>throwing your hand away from her, she furrows angrily. "grr! you tricked me, idiot!"
>"no i didn't. come on."
>she tries to stay mad, but once you pop the trunk, and she sees the basket, it doesn't last long.
>she struggles to even lift it, which she takes to mean that it's absolutely stuffed to the brim with her favorite foods.
>she's too excited now. you only barely manage to keep her from unhooking the latch and taking a peek inside.
>"not until we get there," you say.
>suddenly walking doesn't seem like such a hassle. in fact, as far as her stamina allows, she has decided to run ahead.
>"hurry up!" she calls back to you. of course, she let you carry the basket, and you're no marathon runner yourself.
>it's not often that you get to see natsuki so chipper, so ripe with enthusiasm. usually she tries to maintain a certain poise in public.
>multiple times she catches you staring lovingly ahead as you walk together toward the lake.

Misumi paizuri!
FUCK YES I ALREADY HEARD MY VOICE

It's not bad at all
i expected cringe

There are at least 5 though

Seven.

Dokis in CoC

That was awesome

>can hear myself in the 2nd verse
So nice, good job Harmonika!

EVERYONE DID AN AMAZING JOB!

It's beautiful
Thank you

It's beautiful.

(3/6)
>"so this is what the blindfold was for," she says, standing in the breeze which rolls over the cool waters.
>it rustles her thick pink sweater. it spurns the ribbons in her hair into a frenzied dance.
>she looks magnificent in the sunlight, in the crisp air of melting snow and budding blossoms.
>"yep," you say. it's all you can *think* to say.
>"and the blanket!"
>she brought the checkered pink-and-white one. the one you'd shared before the thaw, when you walked to class together through the snow.
>the one she huddled under when you took her to the tree-lighting on christmas eve.
>you hope it's as sentimental to her as it is to you.
>the large stone is already blanketed over with a thick, spongy moss, but you watch her unfurl the blanket across it, too, and then throw herself upon it.
>"come on, come on!" she exclaims, already nearly bursting from the seat she's taken on the gentle wool. "what did you bring for me?"
>you set the basket down beside her, and let her see for herself.
>unhooking the latches, she cannot contain herself, not even for decorum, as she glares at the contents.
>"i, uh, tried to cook something," you mutter. "so that miso soup might not be any good."
>"what? miso soup isn't even difficult, baka!"
>in spite of her words, she's grabbing a spoon first, leaving the chopsticks in their paper sleeves.
>"hey, it might be good!" you say, clinging to what pride you can. "just---don't be surprised if it isn't, ha ha."
>"you mean you don't even know?" she asks, scoffing. "you're supposed to taste everything while you cook. how else will you know whether you're doing it right?"
>"well, there's other stuff in there, and i didn't cook that. so something is sure to be good no matter what."
>but your words don't dissuade her. she cleans the spoon against her sleeve, and reaches for a bowl.
>she holds them out, waiting for you to pour.

Good shit.

Nice

>No one saying faggots at the of /ddlc/ sings

You disappoint me.

Waidaminit

>I wasn't the only "doki doki"
>You used someone else's "doki doki" instead of mine
Oh well. Still feels good, man. 10/10

Yay we did it.
Alright we can all die now, we did the thing.
Burn the thread down.

Its not even autistic
Its just beautiful
I wish I had joined in

I already got your drunken Natsuki defense, figured I'd give someone else the doki doki.

(4/6)
>your little spot beside the lake has gone quiet.
>in theory you're both too busy eating to speak.
>but honestly, you've barely touched yours.
>you're just waiting for her to say something.
>you catch yourself staring.
>when she glowers at you and tells you to stop, you manage to turn yourself away.
>you pretend you're listening to songbirds or to the lapping of the little waves against the lake's shore, but you still watch her in your peripherals.
>you feel her judging you with every bite.
>finally you can't wait anymore. "how is it?" you ask.
>"it's--"
>"'fine,' right?" you say, smiling. "that's what you always say when it's bad, natsuki."
>"shut up, idiot! it's good!" she snaps. she places the bowl in her lap, and her shoulders seem to sag. "really good."
>but you know better. something's wrong. your miso soup has brought her not joy, not even disgust, but sorrow.
>she keeps eating, probably hoping you didn't notice.
>but that glimpse was enough.
>"are you sure?" you ask. no use prying if she won't want to open up.
>the angles of her eyebrows tighten. are you annoying her now?
>"fine. it's way too salty," she says, "which means you used too much soy. i know it's your first time cooking and all, but really, you don't have to be afraid of the flavor not coming through. and it's kind of watery too, so maybe you didn't use enough cereal, so you probably added too much water to the paste and then tried to compensate. is that what happened, user?"
>"wow," you say. but inside you're relieved. at least she's back to the natsuki you know and love.
>bottlings things up isn't like her.
>"the next one will be better," you say. "i'll use, uh, less miso. and more barley."
>"idiot," she mumbles.
>"huh?"
>"what an idiot you are, user," she says. "it doesn't matter what it tastes like."
>"but didn't you just say---"
>"i know what i said," she snaps. "but this is---"

Hey! Whoever said Sayori is best girl in the middle of the song. I agree.
you fuckers are magical, you know that

I can hear myself in the entire song, and I'm pretty sure I'm only supposed to be in Verse 1, which means some of you guys sound just like me.

That wasn't me posting that.
Also, did I do a "doki doki"?

>tfw youre the first voice heard when the song starts playing

>can hear my voice it the first verse pretty well
Oh no.

Great job justharmonika!

barely heard me in verse 3 like literally a fraction of a second before one of the lines, therefore the quality is automatically better than if i stood out

So someone is sending this to Dan right?

Thanks for everything, Harmonika. I can barely hear my shit singing, but it was worth it.

Nope. "Doki doki" was the only thing I added to my version. It was right before Verse 2.

(5/6)
>her words have caught in her throat, or she regrets wanting to say them.
>there's a long pause. you wait; she deliberates.
>decides.
>so you watch and wait some more. is she going to cry?
>no, she seems more embarrassed than anything.
>"this is the first time someone has cooked for me," she says. "in---almost forever. are you happy now, baka user?! look what you made me say!"
>normally she doesn't want to compliment people because it will "go to their heads."
>but she made up a compliment for your bad cooking, just to make you happy.
>"i'll try harder next time," you say. "i'll make it taste good, so you can enjoy it the right way."
>"'right way'? no," she says. "you cooked it for me, didn't you? just for me. that makes it the---the best miso soup in the whole world."
>she turns away from you, hiding her blushing cheeks.
>you think you've done something wrong, but you're not sure.
>time to pull out the big guns.
>"H-hey," you say.
>she doesn't look at you.
>meanwhile, you're reaching into the basket.
>she hadn't noticed the bottle underneath the napkins and the extra tablecloth.
>"i don't know much about wine," you say. "but this was in my parents' cabinet. it's got to be all right. you wanna try some??"
>this, at last, catches her attention. you can almost see her ears perk up, like in one of those bad animes.
>when she turns, you see that she has shed tears. her eyelids are puffy and her cheeks have started going raw.
>"natsuki---"
>she shakes her head. "they're happy tears, user," she says. "i promise."
>you struggle with the corkscrew for a while, but after you've gotten the bottle open, you and she take turns swigging from it.
>you drink less, since you'll be driving her home.
>"i'm so lucky," she says.

Oh, whoops. I guess I got three doki dokis, then. Yeah, Drunkanon definitely doki'd as part of your warmup.

A couple of you sounded really similar to MY voice, I noticed, so that's not too surprising.

I stayed up all night for the song. It was worth it.
Shoutout to the user who played a harmonica in the middle.

This is the user with chest pains from yesterday; this is fucking great.
Out of curiosity, how did separating the voices work? Were we all going all at once?
Also, for the couple of people that were concerned, the chest pains are almost assuredly just inflammation from an infection; not particularly threatening; I'll just have chest pains for however long it takes for it to clear up.

>youtu.be/7acpV4fKp9Y
#cringe
Can i put in in my resume?

>Can hear snippets of my overly exaggerated stupid deep voice within verse 2
Funny I thought that was my worst verse

(6/6)
(previous greentxt: pastebin.com/3Lq4cTji)
>later, as usual, you've dropped her off one block away from her house.
>she has always gotten nervous, for some reason, about you wanting to drop her off at her front gate.
>this time's no different, but even the wine hasn't taken the edge off.
>she looks visibly anxious.
>"what's wrong?" you ask. sure, you're feeling a bit warm and foggy, too, but...
>"my dad," she says, cackling. "if he learns i got drunk, he'll kill me for sure!"
>"all right," you say. Pushing the stick back into first, you begin to round the corner.
>"let's go ride around a while," you say. "sober you up."
>"you really are the best, user," she murmurs. "i'm so lucky."
>she's been saying that all afternoon, though.
>not long after, she's fallen back asleep.
>she was asleep during the ride back, too.

>another hour has passed. you kiss as she detaches her seatbelt, and stumbles out of the car.
>she circles around to your side.
>through the window you hand her some of the leftovers from the picnic, all wrapped up in a square from the spare tablecloth.
>you reach to grab her blanket from the backseat, too.
>"keep it," she says. either she's blushing or the wine isn't all out of her yet.
>she'd shed her sweater, too, when the alcohol made her feel hot.
>she was wearing a long-sleeved tee underneath.
>"uh, i mean, i'll grab it from you after school later," she says.
>you kiss again.
>her lips are soft and taste of cherry chapstick.
>"thanks a lot."
>"see ya," you say.
>the farther she is from the car, the more her smile fades. but she always looks back, watching to see whether you've left yet.
>even now, she's started eating the leftovers you gave her.
>how does that girl eat so much?

great news, hope you have a speedy recovery!

*correction: There was the pre-verse confession thing i was in

>tfw I completely blended into verse 2
I think it's better this way. I listened back to my recording and it sounds like ass. Anyway, thanks for the hard work Harmonikanon. It came out great.

Okay, Drunkanon here.
Aside from the "People need to stop fucking lewding Natsuki" do you know where I was Verse wise?
It's one thing trying to pick out your voice when you remember having done it, but this is harder for me.

I'm glad to hear you're alright, user! The separating was fairly easy. Basically, I just listened to everyone's submission and decided which verse of theirs to use, evening it out best as I could. I cut that out in Audacity and edited any background noise down, and then put all them together over the instrumental track. So we had about 21 Anons per verse that I had to line up with each other, which was a lot less troublesome than you'd think. The only real issue was four Anons who sang offtempo, so I had to actually chop their individual lines up to fit in.

is it bad i have a single manly tear in my eye. i really love this place a lot and i love you guys. i havent felt this emotional since yuribf anons funeral ybf.png getting deleted stung a little bit

So who's going to send this off to Dan?

Let's see, I've got you listed as Anon29, so that'd be verse 2.

If you do, ask him as well when the goddamn keychains are getting shipped. This should not have gotten finished before that. Shameful.

>that girl in the third verse who holds her notes longer than everyone else

This is great, but I think you should consider unlisting this. I'd rather not see a bunch of new people try to "join" the community because of this.

Same man.
Same.

I miss him.

Nah, this is fine.

>implying anyone other than us are even going to find it and it won't just get buried by youtube

Yeah that seems about right.
Still love you lads though

You could phrase it slightly better than that.

kek

I don't think Board Sings projects generally get that much attention, actually. I wouldn't worry too much.

r00d

i am open to constructive criticism.

I'm proud of this even though I did nothing

So, when are we going to do a holiday season album? We weren't too bad out there.

be nice to the dan please :(

I'm speechless. That was incredible, and I really wish I was better at giving compliments but all I can say is I loved it and I love this place and all of you n-no homo

what about that harmonikafag between 2+3, i almost forgot.
who is that surprise entry that made it in you talked about a few days ago, I really want it to be Jillian, but I think my mind is playing games with me

no
bully dan!

Fucker still hasn't responded to my tweet.

Madman

>justharmonika
>guy played a harmonica
I finally get it. I feel stupid.

I WILL BE NICE TO DANLET IF HE GIVES ME MY FUCKING KEYCHAIN

Your Reality always makes me super emotional, and I fucking hate Monika. Damn that small and
evil man, for making me have a big sad

Holy shit, this is actually better than I expected, congrats /ddlc/

someone post it on the official discord too

Good work you faggots

He just said it's a known user here who is a girl and he wouldn't have thought she was a girl. I doubt he'll tell you who it is because privacy and all.

>didn't hear myself standout amongst everyone else
all according to keikaku

i had a little "i'll leave you be" refrain at the end, but it was taken out (for the best, i'll add)

exceptional work, JustHarmonika

was a pleasure being part of something like this :^)

Constanze poster from last thread: still can't find my voice but the whole song was quite nice. Quite fun knowing I contributed to an awesome project.

I'd still like to know my number though. I complained about low notes in the email and I'm pretty sure I was off- tempo because I used the instrumental version of the song, which is off-tempo from the normal version for some reason. I sent mine in on the 8th.

It's not official, but yes, it's been posted.

>this is milestone in your life for this year
i am not sure if i should be sad or proud.

Dan is mean to Monika and the other Dokis so I'll be mean to him.

YOU COULD'VE MADE YURI OR NATSUKI YOU CHUCKLEFUCK
Post cards still.

Hey Harmonika. I sent Richard the link and he loves it. He said thank you for including him in it

>I'm pretty sure I was off- tempo because I used the instrumental version of the song, which is off-tempo from the normal version for some reason
Oh no! I did this too!

So, I guess this is as good a spot as any to make this post.

I'm incredibly happy to be a part of this general. You all have made this one of the best places on Veeky Forums, if not the best, to just hang out. The creativity, the atmosphere, the culture, everything is fantastic. I did this for you, because you deserve this and more. I'm really glad everyone so far has enjoyed the fruits of our efforts and that no one has bullied my voice at the start.

Come Thread #151, the "JustHarmonika" trip will be disappearing for good, provided another audio project of this sort doesn't happen. I'll stick around for this thread to answer any questions, respond to thoughts, that sort of thing. Thanks for all your support over the past couple weeks.