/eog/ - Eve Online General

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training, and flying, frigates through cruisers is F2P, with some limitations on modules, etc. A list of skills is available for the announced 20.4M skillpoints version:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the UPDATED /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm
>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!

Past:
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/66162172/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>game so dead general dies before 30 posts

>game so dead I'm the majority of the posts

>Imperial Navy Slicer

oneiros

what ship brings you the most satisfaction to see blow up?

all pirate frigs

garmur

My own ship

Orth or Garmur, fuck Mordu's shitters

Can some post the picture with the dog with the asain eyes on a phone covering the dog eyes?

>Barghest

Join Dronelands today! Quiet deep sovnull, safe ratting space, cheap systems for rent. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for YOU!

>symmetrical space camouflage

Haven't played for a while, did they remove the medical station that was needed to keep your clone updated?

yes, there are no more clone grades

why do you guys do this

do what?

ded gaem

that
instead of this

>giving away valuable (You)s for free

Clone grades are completely removed now, you don't need to purchase a clone at all, there is no longer any SP loss mechanics in eve except for flying a T3 cruiser.

>someone asks for an omen fit in alliance

800mm

The omen is a great ship.

You just gotta kill your opponent before your cap runs out. So under a minute.

Omen will always have a special place in my hearth, it was one of the first ships I flew and I loved it, still do.

Punisher -> Coercer (pretty quick stop) - Omen -> Omen NI -> Harbinger (didn't like how it looked and it just felt weird after Omen so just a quick hop) -> Apoc -> Apoc NI

Omen is a great looking ship and handles well and for some safe PvE the navy issue was pretty sweet upgrade as well even for quite a beginner

>Omen NI

what line of navy ships would you like to see next

What, like this?

Abaddon navy issue easily. The other races' battleship would be a nice bonus too.

Assuming they make it not-shit.

The omen is very underrated imo, which leads to a lot of people underestimating it and you getting free kills if you exploit that fact.

Just two days ago I was flying a beam omen and was engaged by a stabber fleet. He figured he could get under my guns I suppose and basically humped my face but gleam + web tracked him fine and the 600 dps ate right through his reps.

>Abaddon navy issue
I meant something interesting, not just pay more money for a 50% ehp increase and extra plate

That's why I said "make it not-shit".

>something interesting, not just pay more money for a 50% ehp increase and extra plate
That's literally what all navy issue ships are.

If you want "something interesting" you'd have to make it a pirate issue ship.

Personally I would like to see a reimagining of a ship instead of the "flat upgrade" type.
Kinda like how Armageddon turns from a e-war drone boat into a pure drone-laser DPS ship

>apply guristas skin to moa
>Its now a gila
When will they give pirates their own models
And don't even try to justify laziness using "looooore"

the navy geddon used to be a straight upgrade until they changed the t1. same with the navy domi and fleet typhoon

navy frigates are pretty different

you can't pretend the moa doesn't exist if you like, it probably sees about 1% as much use as the gila

Ye my point I would like to see more of those. Maybe to something like a destroyer as those don't have any navy variants yet.

>navy frigates are pretty different
I assume you mean the navy version of the ewar frigates? Yeah those are pretty different but they're also pretty new (like 2016?)

all of them. the non-navy ones aren't that similar to the t1s. different bonuses everywhere, utility slots and shit. vigil fleet issue is my waifu though

>federation navy catalyst
*suicide ganking intensifies*

So with Alphas unlocking the ability to use ships from every faction does that mean I will be able to fit lets say Amarr lasers on my Caldari ship?

t1 destroyers would need to stop being instadeath trash bricks before a navy version happens I think

Nah the other navy ships are the T1 combat frigate of each race on steroids.

For example hookbill is an upgraded merlin (the merlin used to have missiles before the frigate rebalance) and firetail is an upgraded rifter (also based on old rifter stats)

On some ships yes.

But a caracal can never fit turrets because it has only missile launcher slots.

>the merlin used to have missiles

it used to be 2 turrets 2 launchers with a turret range bonus mate

>upgraded rifter

I think it's different enough with the highslot and 4 mids

Nice, I always liked the lasers but all Amarr ships look like golden bananas

>For example hookbill is an upgraded merlin
>One has a bonus to shield resistances and hybrid turrets
>One has exclusively missile bonuses
???

I literally hope your argument isn't
>2 ships are the same now because at some point years ago they were
Because that would make you retarded.

At the point those ships were introduced they were pretty much straight upgrades of a T1 ship. There was nothing really unique about them.

And even outside of that context they still don't have unique bonuses. Just generic damage or tank increase.

Yes and now they are literally completely different
What the fuck does "what things used to be" have to do with
>are faction ships just +1 low slot on an existing ship

That doesn't even matter. Contain your autism.

All I'm saying is that navy ships have never had unique bonusses and the other user wanted some interesting new ships so it should probably be new pirate ships instead.

>never had unique bonuses
>literally are unique right now

Are you pretending or just actually this retarded

they don't need unique bonuses to play differently. a comet for example doesn't play much like an an atron incursus or tristan

You call a generic tank or damage bonus and an extra module slot unique?

You call a missile ship and a turret ship the same?

No I'm calling you autistic

You literally said
>This missile ship and this turret ship are the same ship
That's some deep levels of mental illness and classic /dog/

there's 2 caldari frigates that use missiles, why the fuck do you insist the hookbill is related to the merlin just because the old merlin used to have 2 unbonused launchers

because the kestrel is for faggots

lowsec hookbills are what's really for faggots

>t. Suitonia

t. not an argument

Claiming something is for faggots with no explanation is also not an argument so your shitpost can be dismissed with another shitpost.

>ah yes, a caldari frigate with 5 mids and 2 lows
>so that'll be hull tank with 4 webs and a scram

lowsec: not even once

Show me where the doubleweb bogeyman touched you user

>Only fly ships fitted with massive buffer tanks for a bait
>Have a squad of Griffins ready to pounce and just go for a humiliation
>Just hold the poor saps in place as I slowly grind them down with E-war and one active turret

I was thinking of adding a remote repping Vindicator as well to our squad the memes were good on that one, should I do it?

no, but maybe you should kys

>itt: autistic screeching
/dog/ is exceptionally touchy today.

Did you all lose your ratting ship?

>griffins
lmao what are you poor

get a falcon alt you fucking minmanigger

zkillboard.com/kill/66162172/
t. me

Shouldn't a capital with that fit be easily able to take a drifter doomsday? It does like what, 400k omni damage?

It's not that blinged up, probably just fucked up somehow though.

plate rep

That plate alone adds 60.000 raw armor (like 150.000 ehp)

I'd say he was afk and got wrecked by randomly warping drifters but the killmail shows lux contos so he must have attacked one and activated the doomsday.

Well ye but only 1 resist module and that's not even top tier and one of the reps is a T2 as well and just cap on rigs so the tank is pretty much as thin as it gets to a carrier

>6 tank mods and a resist bonus
>as thin as it gets

Well it is pretty basic tank fit for a carrier, don't really see thinner than that outside of super memetic fits
Like maybe skip the plate or one of the reps and add another drone damage module but that's about it

He has a reactive hardener and an energized adaptive. And a plate. The choice of plate + reps is always questionable but this isn't a paper-tanked ship. It should tank drifters just fine.

>auto targeting system
>killed by drifters
Really gets the noggin joggin.

CCP anti-bot measures at work.

Could have blinged the energized or added another resist module instead of the reactive. Not sure how it compares to a explosive hardener against omni damage like this.

more like the choice of not plate+rep is questionable

Yeah definitely, but it still should have survived with this fit unless the pilot is a complete retard and he triggered the doomsday when he was at like half armor.

Oh that is given, dying to NPC's is always the pilots fault

Just saying that ye it has tank it's a carrier but it's ultimately on the low end of carriers. He has that unholy hybrid of bunch of suboptimal modules making it so it's not really properly buffer tanked but at the same time so that the reps can't save him because of too low resists.

>dying to NPC's is always the pilots fault

mfw instalocking incursion rats camping gates
mfw ratters being protected from pvpers by the rats they kill all day

I'm an alpha clone and I'm bored as fuck with this game already. Like how the fuck do I make money? Mining seems like the only viable option, killing NPCs only give me a fraction of what I make with mining. And when I do have money I don't even know what to do with it! Do I buy a combat ship? Wtf do I do with the ship? Can't kill NPCs it's a waste of time and it would be better spent mining!

You try different activities
You figure out what you find fun
Then you figure out what you need to do the activities you enjoy

Game is just as boring as you are in real life

You can either:
>learn to google these things because you'll be having tons of questions about everything
>join a corp and ask them these questions
/dog/ is a terrible place to get good advice.

Yes I know that statement is ironic.

You go to nullsec or wormholes and you hack relic sites.

Join all-out, we do shit with alpha clones sometimes.

>all out

Please tell me more about all the latest reddit drama your nullsec corp generated recently.

so are there still in-game ads to buy PLEX even though you've already got it?

>I come back to this thread and you useless fuckers are still shilling your shit corp

would you like me to up the difficulty for you?

>he doesnt want to get tricked into the wh meme and have everything he owns stolen, he must be from reddit!

Are you from 2016?

>it's the current year!

Shitposting aside, is all-out of ships still alive and active ingame?

Yes.

no