/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/7f4oty/are_they_going_to_need_dragonuv_or_buff_everyone/
youtube.com/watch?v=2LRPH_jrik4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kazuya is low IQ

c uckken

Guys I'm about 20 hours into grinding electrics. How many was it before my Mishima neurons are fully active?

Once you hit the 100 hour mark of the EWGF vortex your neurons have subtly begun to change. By hour 200 you know nothing but EWGF.

Other players simply cannot comprehend the enlightenment that comes with mastering a Mishima. It is a state of pure zen that is akin to speaking with God. Playing another character is dirtying yourself and must be cleansed by performing a ritual in involving hundreds of CH DF2 PEWGF loops.

is jin garbage

twitch
.tv/kurokuro9696japan

Knee vs KARI, HAKAIOU, KAREI, SOUTYOU, SIROU-KOWASHIYA, BATS

what characters are similar or are as fun as nina?>

Fuck what you guys think, I liked TTT2.

Nice bait.

tekken is a completely different game in low ranks
pretty funny to see

>rage art on wake up

reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/7f4oty/are_they_going_to_need_dragonuv_or_buff_everyone/

Last night I waa playing really well so I figured what the hell ill try to attempt Jins electric, I did 2 in a row and my mind elevated to ultra instinct powers and in now Warrior

Thank you based mainman

>that flash into that combo
kari is a god

Kuma

how do i backdash out of everything like the koreans do
i can kbd somewhat decently but i still feel that i cant get away

anyone else watching this?

Do it faster

Koreans can actually punish when an opponent just mindlessly charges is the main difference.

Get a hitbox.

Other EU fag, it's starting at midnight for me as well.
I plan to go to sleep at around 20:00, and then wake up at about 4:00. The first rounds are the ones where they weed out the trash so it's best to sleep through those and save the energy for the good shit

It will be nice to finally see if tekgen is full of shit regarding Taisei dropping Stevu.

He's playing Steve in the tournament if that's what you mean.

Ok because this general has been saying he dropped Steve and is now playing Kazumi or Dragunov in everything. Will be dope seeing his Stevu again.

if this knee vs kari set is any indication, mastercup is gonna be fucking amazing.

as a sidenote, how does the arcade version of t7 run so poorly? it's been out for years but it still constantly freezes and stutters.

are these just friendlies

It's a deathmatch meaning it's ranked matches until someone gets promoted or demoted. They switch stage to random every 5 games.

is the random stage select actually random

how do they pick random stages in tournaments

Feng has entered into Jack tier of boring to watch characters for me.

I'm going to play Law!

>match against someone who just keeps doing the same easy routine
>still lose to them because i'm too shit and can't get used to punishing it fast enough

Pleb

Pic related is their greatest achievement

Good OP. Too bad this'll never be a real custom

ARE YOU FUCKING READY FOR THE MASTERCUP, /TEKGEN/?

Knee about to lose to a Yoshi

No...

THEN BUY SOME SNACKS, TAKE A NAP, AND GET READY user

Will I magically become a Tekken god if I switch my ball top to a korean bat top?

No, but you will if you switch your japanese stick with a korean stick.

If I started playing T7 like a month ago, and it's my first Tekken, in what rank am I expected to be right now?

Why

expert

Shorter travel distance of the stick, faster neutral, rubber band instad of solid plastic gate, and superior bat top

Tekken God Prime

beat me to it, fuck

yeah that's an amazing joke you just missed making

when is it

Opens at 6:00 AM, stream starts at 8:00 AM all Japan time

This place will tell you green or yellow but its only been a month and its your first tekken so low blue id say depending on character

>This place
First response said blue so frick off

the space between the first two f motions is very lenient (to get a dash)
what needs to be quick is the last two forwards (f~F)
you just need to input the last F as quickly as possible when the dash animation starts
when you get that rhythm you can do running moves out of Korean front dash and buffer it from any move

>Korean front dash
elaborate

Why exactly is Lucky Chloe low tier?
She has hopkicks, great combo damage, and she's tiny for that evasion. No way she's as bad as Gigas

forward instead of backward
what saint does when he's pressuring dashing forward
f, n, f,d/f,f, n, f,d/f,f repeating or qcf, f

Seems gimmicky as fuck and only useful for style

Korean tier lists put her there
Its clearly bullshit as shes one of the few characters that are used in tournaments. Never see Leo in major tournaments despite being near the top.

>Never see Leo in major tournaments despite being near the top.
Get some glasses then, m8.
In the Barcellona and Paris TWT events Leo was everywhere

>euros
>relevant

EU placed higher than NA stay salty mate

Is Paul a better, easier, less risky Kazuya?

>paul, less risky
uuuhhh

Yes, you can't SSL and launch Paul all match like you can with Kazuya

that's why you wavedash to align yourself again bruv

It's fairly common, you just don't see that level of aggression often in tournaments aside from Saint.

Yeah and guess what, wavedashing in someone's face is risky.

What does Eddy even have to intimidate someone when dashing in their face? He's a keepout character.

It's just style

He's likely trying to force an error because he's down at life at 20 seconds. If you wanna see a lot of forward dash cancels, go watch the DM LowHigh and Knee did a couple of days ago where there was a lot of aggression from both sides.
There'll probably be a lot of it at Mastercup, too, since Japan is known for partying in Tekken.

Of course it's not a universal tool like KBD since you're taking risks, but it can be a strong way to keep up pressure for RTSD playstyles.

Hey guys, can we add this one to the OP for the next thread. It's probably the most underrated KBD tutorial out there. It's really helping me out right now, I think it'll be helpful for new pad players and experienced too. Particularly the part where he tells you to practise doing just downback into backs, that part is super helpful..

youtube.com/watch?v=2LRPH_jrik4

You could do that
OR
You could just add "get a hitbox" on the OP

I'm so fucking tired of noobs complaining about Dragunov

>No CH launchers apart from WR2 (including no magic 4)
>No panic moves at all (no hopkick, orbital, low or high crushing launcher of any kind)
>Only 121 is usable as a CH keep out tool but it's extremely hard to hit confirm and unsafe con block
>Main pressure tool is very hard to pull off at a range where it can be considered a threat

Dragunov is top tier because his GAMEPLAN is retard-proof and he gets damage out of the ass with his pokes plus good combo damage and wall carry, not because some retard can't stop pressing buttons and gets smothered by d2 spam. I swear half of the people who talk about the game have zero understanding, of all the tier whore chars at least this one is as honest as it gets.

Sure, but it's not like it's proven that hitbox/keyboard is superior to any other controller.

Uh yes it is.

Hitbox > stick > pad.

How would you even prove that? Can't really think of a legitimate way besides tons of high level players using hitbox and succeeding with it.

High level players play in arcades, so they can't get used to two different controllers.

Hitbox is capable of manually creating or skipping a neutral input, which facilitates backdashing, crouchdashing, b/f motions, and certain just-frames.
With also the added bonus of 100% guarantee that when you want to do a diagonal, you'll do a diagonal and not something else.

Hitbox > keyboard > pad > stick

High level players are found all across the world. It doesn't just have to be Koreans.

>Hitbox is capable of manually creating or skipping a neutral input

What does this mean??

>What does this mean??
Forward + Back = neutral. As I already said, this is immensely useful in making difficult things completely trivial.

Interesting how you're so sure about yourself, and yet you made no research whatsoever.
Really makes you think.

My Ps4 controller is fucked and I need to get a new one.
But before I get myself a regular Ps4 pad again, would you guys rather recommend getting a different typ for Tekken?

why does this b,d/b,n keep happening

are all the tutorials memeing with the automatic b before neutral thing because i had to try very hard to get it on the dash before

What controller are you using

Get a hitbox

I'm using a hitbox.

remove kbd

>no orbital
Yes he does
He also has a highcrushing launcher off of his elbow and hellsweep

>pressing two buttons is skipping an input
ok

is me, using a Pro N with stock parts

I have no interest in stuff like that.

Internet arguments are pretty worthless anyways, don't you think so? The point is you use whatever controller you're comfortable with, and you can find success whether its pad, stick, keyboard, whatever. Telling people to 'jus get a hitbox bro it's OP' is kinda pointless, cuz you work with what you got, and you can find success if you just put the time in.

>start argument
>get owned
>"arguing is pointless"

lmao sure bud

You need to pull the stick towards B a little after the DB.

Are you struggling? If you're on pad, check out this tutorial. It really helped me out. youtube.com/watch?v=2LRPH_jrik4

>are all the tutorials memeing with the automatic b before neutral thing
yes they are literally retarded

the "automatic" back happens because you're closer to the left than the bottom, so the bottom switch releases first. You have to do an awkward triangle motion to get the back every time which is why it's easier to just do a qcb

'get owned'

OK. I 'got owned'. Did your e-penis grow a little now or what's the point of this?

That covers the "you can create neutral" part.

For the "you can skip neutral" I referred to another kind of neutral. Not the in-game input, but the center position of the stick.
With a stick, when you're on the right and want to get to the left, you have to travel through the middle

No such thing as travel time on hitbox. Just press the button and let go of the other at the same time, which makes things like Bryan's jet uppercut slightly faster and more reliable.

I just got Tekken 7. Do I work on KBD first? Never played these games more than casually.

Good. Next time do some research before trying to argue a point