/ink/ - Splatoon General

Last thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Version 2.0.0 is out! Watch the trailer here: youtu.be/U1gyg1HjPOY
--- New ranked mode, Clam Blitz! Available in the December update.
--- New music, weapons, hairstyles, pants, and 140 pieces of gear!
--- Two new stages, MakoMart and Shellendorf Institute, and two returning stages, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall! MakoMart will be playable on Friday, Nov 24.
--- New SR stage, Salmonid Smokeyard!
--- Level cap increased to 99! When reached, you will have the option to reset to level *1.
--- New ways to take pictures with amiibo!
--- Weapons and gear can now be changed between matches without leaving the lobby!
--- Gear bought from SplatNet can now be traded in for the original!
- Hydra Splatling releases on Friday at 9pm EST! Sub: autobomb, special: splashdown.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> Patch notes
- en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far (contains unreleased gear)
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
- loadout.ink/

> Lobby Randomizer for lobbies
- agent-17.github.io/Splatoon-2-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/933967938729664512
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT

posting this again incase someone wants it. it'd be cool if people did something similar

New Salmon Run Arena in a half hour

How many Shitters just like myself gonna be deranked today?

whats this gif from

Reminder that Stingray is perfectly okay and that people who are mad about it aren't playing around it effectively.

What's his deal?

Does anyone have these boots in pic related? Been trying to look for it.

Just got back from black friday vidya shopping. Who's ready for the new map in SR?.

Using the Callie amiibo to play bomb rush blush in splatoon 1 causes Marie to sit and listen like that. Tide goes out causes Callie to do her own sitting animation.

I just got Splatoon 2, I was wondering which controller method was better for playing the game? I'm asking because I heard the game was easier to play with the joy cons, rather than a pro controller.

I can't wait to become a fucking salad.

>tfw want to play with /ink/ on the new map but fighting off sleep

Don't want to cause people to derank

How nice of you. I'd like the Jungle Hat, Pink Hoodie, and White Dakroniks pleasethanks

Can't wait!

1376-6261-3138
give me a sec to get on

grabs your dick

let it happen

ejaculate

>>You realize this is a massive drawback and a huge part of the risk/reward dynamic of the weapon right? Unless you retreat and take yourself out of the match and make yoruself somewhat vulnerable during your retreat, the wepaon isn't nearly as effective.
Again, this Sting Ray is most commonly found on long range weapons who are already away from the fight. Why is it that every Charger or Splatling user can fire sting ray right from their usual sniping perch? Because they're already away from the fight and are safe to use Sting Ray, this isn't hard. You act as if you need to be in a very specific spot to use a Sting Ray when in truth, as long as you're not sitting right in mid, you're not going to be bothered.
>>Yeah you can. People do it to me all the time. They get obsessed with disrupting me, and if often works.
This is just a hunch, but they might just be killing you because you're on the enemy team.
>>You could also run respawn punisher to drain their special meters aggressively when you splat them.
I should not have to gimp myself with fucking Respawn Punisher, the definition of a double edged sword, just because you're packing a broken special.
>>Because any decent stingray is gonna go into turfing mode at the end of the match so they can secure the objective.
This is literally proving the initial point being made that a Sting Ray being used in OT is too fucking strong. Every other special has some form of counter play (in most cases) but Sting Ray is above all of them, giving the user absolute control and the target no other option but to run and pray they don't get tapped.

No other special clears the tower like Stingray, no other special stops a RM push like Stingray, Stingray is one of if not THE most powerful special right now, and you're dancing around this fact because you don't want your main to get nerfed.

rooms finally up

You'll have to accept the friend-request first

Where was the user who does the daily weapon drawings? I haven't seen him today.

>Again, this Sting Ray is most commonly found on long range weapons who are already away from the fight
They're never safe from danger unless they retreat to defensive spots near their own spawn.
> Why is it that every Charger or Splatling user can fire sting ray right from their usual sniping perch?
If you're too shitty to disrupt a typical sniper perch, you deserve to get styled on by snipers.
>This is just a hunch, but they might just be killing you because you're on the enemy team.
Nah. You don't even seem to understand basic enemy harassment tactics. Sometimes a single player will spend his entire match doing nothing but watching out for you and disrupting and of the long range power positions.
>I should not have to gimp myself
It's not gimping yourself.
> the definition of a double edged sword
Again, just sounds to me like you're bad. Respawn Punisher is only a drawback if you're managing to pull 1/1 or worse for your K/D.
> Every other special has some form of counter play
Literally one fucking autobomb at their feet and their special is waste or they die.

You're too bad at the game effectively counterplay against them. Git gud user. Stop blaming the game because you're too shitty to toss a grenade up to a ledge or equip bomb defense up or use respawn punisher. Not to mention you can just be mindful of the enemy status. If the enemy stingray hasn't died in awhile, you know to expect it, and that's if you're unlucky or blind and can't catch a glimpse of their gigantic glowing disco ball head.

Are Drinks working or is it just a MEME?

Salmon Run Question:
If i go Freelance on Profresh did i get together with others who already have 200/300?
So Starter with People who played 3-4 already?
Got some Runs where i was alone because for some reasons i dont know.

Anyone down for a friendly tower control 1v1 before salmon run

>No other special clears the tower like Stingray
>No other special stops a RM push like Stingray
A WEAPON THAT EXCELS AT AREA DENIAL AND TARGETED KILLING IS THE BEST WEAPON IN MODES ABOUT AREA DENIAL AND TARGETED KILLING!

NERF IT! NERF IT! NERF IT! FORGET THAT IT'S GARBAGE IN SPLAT ZONES, TURF WAR AND CLAM BLITZ! I GOT TRIGGERED BY A RANKED MATCH LOSS!

oh fuck me im sorry i was playing jackbox party games

Nice job samefagging you fucking loser. I guess if you can't make a real argument, you can always just pretend it's the more popular opinion

zap 89 with burst bomb and ball when

>doesn't even understand what samefagging is
samefag is when you try to pretend to be different people. What I did here in no way was an attempt to appear to be a separate unique poster.

It's k, thanks m8

>when you use tri slosher on japs and they squidbag you when you die

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT /INK/
4-2 WITH MY /INK/ ROULETTE ISM 52 GAL RUN. 2/3 ISM SUBS ON SHOES, PRAY FOR ME

I've found that using them when only clearing one equip at a time helps with the odds. Aside from that it's better than nothing if you have them.

So you're autistic enough to respond to the same post twice for no reason? The first one wasn't enough that you really just had to sperg out with your idiotic second reply? That's even more pathetic

I felt like I had more to say. You should probably get the fuck over it.

>Stingray is a balanced special
to
>Git gud, unless you completely change your playstyle to deal with a single person and their busted special, you're bad, heavens forbid you use a weapon that isn't made for flanking, you're just bad
Thanks for proving my point again.

i will singlehandedly make sure you get cucked like last time, mystery wep spag

womb-y

>Git gud
Yeah. That's the same as saying it's balanced and that you're bad.

I didn't prove anything except my own point. You've failed to prove that it's too powerful. All you've done is whine that it's very influential at the end of the match and in overtime.

Anyone setting up a party for SR, or should I just wait and fap to C.R. Nest doujins?

I'd join if you make a room

Where there any other weapon or special stat changes in the last update?

Is the SR dialogue about cooking eggs new?

WHO SR

I'll make a room, if you want to join.

go check the notes for yourself. They're linked in to OP

Sent a FR

I got one that said
Pearl: I wrote a new jingle
Marina: Aaaand that's all the time we have.

You should probably get mental help. You have the maturity and emotional intelligence of a 5th grader. You're probably already past the point of no return, but you're life is going nowhere if you act remotely like this in public. While you're still posting though, why don't you tell me your FC so I can avoid you like the plague

ended 5-3, playin SR now bois

Glad to see you're totally a tough son of a gun who can handle losing an argument with grace. I love how you simply admitted that you got told hard and gracefully bowed out of the situation like an adult.

Truly a person to be admired.

Gib FC.

2 different people m8

If anyone wants to do salmon run run til super bonus I'll make a room, I'll be fine with only one other person too
1081-0176-4347

And full, sorry

These fan platforms are cancerous.

Sure.

np, freelance it is then

PLEASE POST NEW SQUIDS THEY ARE SO CUTE.

WE'VE BEEN BETRAYED

You screaming the contrary despite all logic doesn't count as him not being able to prove his claim

hosting profresh SR

2/4

mobile.twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/933967938729664512

It says "there's a bug where the great zapfis won't appear even if you complete story mode, we'll fix it soon".

FR sent

2/4 here.

How long until Hydra?

someone else joined ;_;

i think someone took your spot ;_;

2/4

Profreshional Salmon Runs.

>wanted to get an early start on salmon run
>got some thanksgiving leftovers
>even a bigass glass of 1:1 orange juice and vodka
>full
>post-buzz lull
well.. good luck

Holy shit, this map is horrible with randos. Having an eliter scope doesn't help either. The average player can not use it for shit

2/4

I accepted someone's friend request, started next match though

Goddamn, high tide is pure cancer on this map.

At least grillers are manageable, but glowflies is going to be dicey as hell.

3/4
Hiring a random for now.

>splatoon 1 is my gotyay
>save up for months with gf
>finally get a splatoon bundle today
>come home, eat, watch mr robot
>gf gets depression tired and goes to sleep
>don't want to open it up without her

fuck off norman roooooooooooo

sorry user. You should go to sleep too. It'll be more fun to play when you're more awake anyway

Link to your tumblr, bloglord?

Might as well just go with a Random, we've been getting competent Japs so far.

Spam them 'boo-yahs'

>mr robot
no wonder she's depressed that show is garbage

2/4

Ggs guys, I like this new map. I'm tired as shit though, gotta sleep.

Any tips for noob who are stuck in C+/B-/B limbo? Has been going up& down for the last 2 days. Have about 50% winrate in any game mode

wanna go with randos?

I'll give it a couple minutes and go in, Decade.

>comm error after that guy dc'd
O-ok im gonna restart my switch

I'm liking this map so far.
Haven't encountered Geysers yet, so that'll be the decider.

me and one other guy left (we lost next wave)

>10 cold-blooded drinks

rehosting
profresh SR 2/4

>connection unstable

Was it just me?

Apparently
You want us to wait?

bubble blower is underrated

Sent a FR. I'm gonna freelance until you accept.