/ng/ Nioh General

prev: >What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Fuku is best girl.

odachi is op

why the fuck did feudal japan turn into tron

should I do side missions?
also i got no idea what im doing :^) no bully

>munishige and honda
>nobunaga and yuki onna
>tengu and nue
what the fuck, these are all literally impossible

>the double boss mission with her and her son
>literally can't see shit because of all the neon shit
>the guy literally blends into the background because it's blue and he's blue.

does sanada still have the pre order or whatever set? he doesn't get new updated one in the dlc?

what items can I forge with materials?

just lw them lmao

yes

Just git gud or use an OP build.

Okay so I am using Tatenashi full set bonus + 2pc swordmaster set now

is this Scion set any good? The everlasting ki bonus seems good and the others as well

i mean in witcher 3 u had to get the scroll or something beforehand

redpill me on saiorse

its not possible to beat vampire lady. not at all

when shes in the air she uses 2 different things. no idea how to avoid them. its pretty shitty. this game makes me so mad and i hate this fucking shit

zelda isn't an RPG, you're probably one of those fucknuts who think Witcher is an RPG because it has fetch quests

zelda doesn't even have equippable loot (no, master sword and the gold sink armor don't count)

dark souls doesn't even have the zelda hop dodge, which bloodborne and nioh do.

if you don't realize how different zelda and soulslike camera are, you don't like video games, and you're really really bad at them

I generally don't like to say this, but this really is a case of git gud. It's one of the easiest bosses in the game.

What's the best and/or most fun parry in the game?

are you gay?
it feels like you are

the shrike

imagine being able to git gud instead of crying on internet

man I spent more time on the fucking ship ogre than on her

just drop a few points in dex to unlock ninjutsu and teh paralysis resistance pills, then hit her with a few shuriken whenever she flies up - they'll knock her down and open her up to a massive damage final blow

literally git gud

haze before it got nerfed

>no equippable loot
>dark souls doesn't have hop-dodge, like locking on and rolling doesn't serve the same purpose

so you're arguing dark souls only contribution to games is the inability to jump and to equip things you pick up? and you think that hasn't been done before?

are you fucking retarded?

parry? u can parry?

I just beat Queen's Eyes. If you'd be so kind, I have some questions.

1. William used Uroboros in a cutscene, but I can't actually use it. When does it become available ?
2. Are the 3 regions I unlocked the DLCs?
3. When should I start exploring The Abyss?
4. Tutorial message about Switching Guardian Spirit says "Larger Weapons hold more Guardian Spirits". Can I have more than 2 spirits equipped?

I just did all of them today after stalling for 2 days thinking it would be awfully difficult, and it wasn't.
You can buff as much as you want before you start fighting and you get a free ranged shot.

so once I get a full divine set I like, do I just keep soul matching it forever to level it up

I don't think I've seen anything better than Tatenashi

>you're wrong so you're bad at video games
lol
>the witcher isn't an rpg
then how the fuck is dark souls one? the witcher is way more of an rpg than soulslikes
this user beat me to it, but srsly dude. quit while you're behind

excuse me motherfuger?

no, i'm just stating the most obvious signs why dark souls and zelda are nothing alike.

the more subtle nuances though, you wouldn't understand them because you clearly can't play video games and thus everything sophisticated goes over your head

just git gut lol

Just ignore him.
DS was probably his first game so he's very excited.
Notice how all those retards never even mention Demon Souls, or king's field for that matter.

how does one do a living weapon build? I don't see how I'd be able to fill up the LW gauge during boss fights. It's usually something I save for when I can go ham if I inflict discord

This. Shrike is so damn satisfying.

no single bloodborne boss was as hard as her. I dont know why i cant get gud at nioh but its like this game is shitty designed and has shitty hit boxes

Yes. Check the weapons skills.

Use soulstones.
Also, with a LW build you'll never ever need to use it twice because everything will be dead. You don't use it and chip away at dudes, you use it and 1-2 hit the boss to death.

desu there should be word filters for "souls", "soulsborne" and "soulslike"

block and square with a specific skill

psst, want some backwave?

there's nothing wrong with the hitboxes or the game, you're just bad at it because you're not playing it the right way

it's not dark souls, it's not bloodborne, stop playing it like those games

desu you should neck yourself

i'm not the other user you fucking retard

I hope you write IGN reviews with the kind of intellect that allows you to recognise the ingenius innovations of DS such as equipping items and being unable to jump.

With this logic DS was beaten out by Tomb Raider Legend you downie

pCucks ruined nioh

it has a pretty bad design tho. every attack of an enemy follows your movement. axe swing into avoid? no problem for the enemy he will still hit you

why do you defend this shit?

Using it on bosses makes it look like you really btfo them

why not?

or are you that souls retard?

the example you gave proves that you either haven't played the game, or that you're playing it like a fucking souls game and dodging shit super fucking early

you can literally walk/run through/around almost every attack in the fucking game

if you can't even wake the fuck up long enough to figure out how to kill the vampire bitch, you're not going to be able to make it through the next two areas, let alone the rest of the game

Hmm

do it faggot.

What's the most fun build?

you are fucking dumb in your head. dodging in this game sucks ass compared to bloodborne. no idea why you think you are such a pro gamer at a shitty designed game that only focuses on getting gear to be able to beat a boss

The hitboxes are pretty shit user.

>go in low stance
>now your iframes are insane and you can dodge through every attack

git gud lol

So how bullshit does this game actually get? I'm nearing the end of Way of Strong on a onmyo build and from what I'm hearing I'm afraid it won't be able to keep up with the endgame stuff (besides the buffs/debuffs, anyway).

nice reply. dont even defending the stupid gear system this game has. lmao babbies enjoy your shit game

You're the one who paid for it, dumbass

lmao luci don't forget your trip on the way out

what's this "omnyo build" you speak of?

>how bullshit

more or less, but in a good way, you shouldn't be discouraged just because something doesn't go your way on first try

You can make it work, it'll just take more effort than other options, and you can't afford to ignore Ninjutsu and your melee options.

I've been anywhere from 10-50 levels below the recommended number in every single bossfight. I've literally used nothing but the gear I've picked up when moving through the storyline, switching it out every 10 levels or so. I haven't ground out levels or weapon upgrades. I'm still using whatever spirit the game started me with.

You need to get the FUCK gud.

Not really. I think you're just misjudging the reach of your weapon most of the time. Try playing without camera lock and having more of a side view of what you're doing.

ayy lmao

kill yourself, shitter

go back to /v/ with your shitposting, retard.

>/v/
brother just look outside of this general, 50% of all threads here are filled to brim with retards like him
I guarantee you he's a tripfag from either /bbg/ or /dsg/

How good are carnage talismans compared to power pellets? Also, which omnyo MA should I go for?

I think the hotboxes for player weapons are fine, but I take damage pretty frequently from attacks that don't intersect the player model.

>its not possible to beat vampire lady. not at all
I don't understand people like you.

Faster cast speed Onmyo mystic art is better if you use Onmyo primarily, because the attack spell cast speed increase is insanely useful, but if you use anything other than Onmyo the buff duration one is better as it affects everything.

So I guess I should go for the cast speed since the only ninja skill I use is Quick-Change

Could I get some answers, please?

You can only go up to floor 5 of the abyss in NG before getting booted out.

1. never
2. yes
3. After way of the demon unless you only want to do the first 10-20 floors
4. no

you just need to kill tengu quickly
honda is all the way on the other side of the map while you kill tachibana
nobu and yuki are easy if you just kite and shoot one of them,

1) You can't
2) Yes
3) Whenever, there's so many floors you can do before WotN
4) You can equip two and switch them on the fly, the second one only gives you a small bonus

everlasting ki is a trap. I've tested it and never once had it activate.
you can't stack the effect with shorten ki recovery time and the latter actually does something.

>shitty hit boxes
you mean the fact that the game has accurate hitboxes you're supposed to avoid entirely instead of massive BS ones that you dodge through like a FROM game?

when she does the paralyze cloud you sprint sideways or do repeated low dodges. When she does the needles you go backwards. not that hard to dodge. you could always man up and shoot her with a bow so she falls on her ass.

I'm surprised that's what is fucking him up and not her dancing whirlwind twirl that is actually hard to dodge lol

Hol up, is it me or is the 4th region Hidden Village area is reminiscent of some Ninja Gaiden 2008 level? I replayed that last summer and I can swear I have seen the same garden area there.

apparently many of the areas are modeled after real locations so it's more likely that both of those games took inspiration from some real place

>pc players

Keep the console wars out of this thread

the only comparison you can draw between this game and dark souls is the shit-tier port from console to PC

Ansel user here, good morning lads. I'll be making my way through WotD now, wish me ruck

Thats really fucking cool. I also immensely enjoyed the spider castle mission because i already knew the hiragumo story from hyouge mono .
What a game.

I'm trying to do Samurai from Sawayama, all my gear is 190-200 +15 and it takes like 20 hits to kill each mob, what am I doing wrong? Fuck

zelda's not an RPG, but witcher definitely is.
>lock on to follow and attack a single target
zelda was the grandaddy of this shit. it's functionally the same to souls and this game the difference in camera angle is barely matters when you use them both the exact same way.

Oh that sucks. I'll just farm the set for transmog then if I ever want to pretend to be Yukimura.

What buffs are worth using?

yes
also you can't really do anything wrong in Nioh, the character development is pretty much retard proof

Thanks.

are you able to equip 2 of the charms that reduce set requirement by 1 item?

it's kind of annoying to only have 1 free melee slot while rocking the full hayabusa set

ansel user, did you ever get reshade to work? shit keps hardlocking my game or exploding the memory consumption to 15/16gb, so I had to uninstall it

zelda is an rpg too
it's just very light on the character development and stats part

Beat Spider Nest Castle with Level 29
am I underlevelled or can I keep going with the main story as is? it's getting kinda weird that my equipment is almost double my level and all the Graves are 20+ levels above me

Why is Chacha trying to make Yukimura forsake honor?! She wasn't like this in other games.

no you can't
also why don't you try for yourself?

that being said, you will probably still want to equip 2 of those for the %dmg against yoki

all of them, to be a real pro you need to spend ten hours buffing before every encounter

>Hyouge Mono
Patrician taste lad.
Im somewhat dissappointed Kiyomsa isnt in the game.

that's just fine
equipment is more important anyway
also you will get more amrita from graves if they are higher level