Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9fuNo-Hwig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Handler.

Such an uggo.

Monster hunter world will be best game

Huntresses

I KEEP FORGETTING TEOSTRA DOES SUPERNOVA INSTANTLY WHEN HE WAKES UP FUCK

Git gud scrub

I barely survived, it's a good thing he takes ten thousand years to recover from that or else I would've got instant charged to death.

>Shitty playstation
>Switch

Choose one

What's the PC community like to play with?

Scorching Heat Rathian!

Gimmicky Overdesign Bitch

She's just in heat, user.

reminder that nargacuga does NOT have a beak

beak or no beak she's my wife

Why is MH fun with randoms?

Thunder Emperor Kirin!

Because unless you do the most challenging quests (and even then if you're 3 or more it's generally easy) playing with others is pressure free so you can relax and have your fun with the game.
Speaking of online I'm really looking forward to 16 player lobbies.

It's because they never bring dps skills so you're basically soloing but with less monster agro on you.

>oh my god fuck spinoffs that's so fucking laz-

Not him but quieter because of text chat. Fewer children too.

>16 player lobbies.
Please explain to me why this is a good thing. I've never experienced it before.

You'll get the same Nintendo audience as you have with the current 3DS community.

That doesn't make any sense. nintendofags don't like anything that isn't in a Nintendo console.

cheaters

I just like the cozy feeling the games' cinematics give with a buncha hunters having a good time in the tavern before going out to slap some shit, but the pre-quest areas are always so barren in comparison with just 4 (or less) players. I guess in the end it won't change even with 16 player lobbies since during any given moment, the majority of players in a lobby will probably be out hunting anyway.

No other choice.

You're still not making sense.

Well if that's true what about pokemon uranium then?? Huh?

also a spinoff

So you're saying the Nintendo audience will all be on PS4?

Cheating in monster hunter only requires the ability to export saves, which both the ps4 and bone can do.

No the Nintendo audience will be here shitposting.

Console players don't bother with that.

>cheating in non competitive game
hmm

Demonstrably false.

where the 4u rooms at?

I'm up for 4U

I'm so happy.

youtube.com/watch?v=N9fuNo-Hwig

Then why was cheating so common on 3ds?
Either pull your head out of your ass or stop shitposting.

What did he mean by this?

>Then why was cheating so common on 3ds?
Nevermind 3DS, in the only community that I know anything about on consoles (Souls) cheaters are totally rampant. If anything they're less offencive on PC, apart from that short stint near the start of DS3 where cheaters found a way to edit the stats of people they invaded to get them banned. You hardly ever run into them on PC and when you do they usually just have infinite health and play really badly so they're like a free win when you kill them with gravity.

>being bothered by cheaters in MH
Why?

Why? Literally what is there to be happy about? That loops badly by the way.

Console players could cheat in DS3?
Regardless, I only ran into one infinite health cheater in my entire time playing the game.

>occasionally find players I can hit all the time but all hits just didn't register while I took full damage from them
>blame cheating
>meet one of those later as an invader
>other invaders can hit them just fine
I blame garbage netcode.

I don't know about 3 specifically because I mostly dropped out of the community before then (I only heard about invaders editing hosts' stats via a friend), but 1 and 2 had fuckloads of edited and muled twinks on playstation especially.

Anyone who plays a souls game online deserves everything they get from cheaters. You should be playing offline only.

I'm happy because i have never cheated at this game so it's fun for me to play this game knowing i'm already good XD.

This song rock's BTW so fuck off.

How do I defeat White Fatalis?

Je suis monté!

With weaponry.

Stick to his hind legs and chest, and when he slinks back attack to where his face will be relative to your position. What weapon are you using?

And also use the one shot binder when he enters armor mode. I don't know why everyone online avoids using it.

Use the onsite weapons.
They're the only thing that make that fight bearable.

>playing stories
>get a blue kut ku
>think i'm lucky
>don't save before turning off game
Is it actually rare?

yes, subspecies are like shiny pokemon
no, they're not rare

Do people even play this dead game anymore? LOL

Muh weapon designs don't look like JRPG Frontiershit, boycott Capcom at this instant if you care about MonHun

Who pissed off Cheval's mom?

50-9211-3320-0406
2 slots

What game?

What joke weapons do you think will be in World?

Playin double cross and just hit high dank village, what’s the go to route for armor?

Rathalos.
Blue crab.

GL :^)

As a new player, what's better: 4U or XX?

Sharq Attaq please

4U, but MHW will be much more user friendly for a newcomer

Corn popper to dab on the haters.

4u.

XX is a great game and all, but it shouldn't be your first mh since many important things aren't in english.
You'll miss out on tutorials and mechanic explanations.
Only grab XX as your first if you have no problems doing your own readings on how shit functions.

Once you've had your fill of 4u you can hop on over to XX. You won't need to know moonspeak to understand basic mechanics at that point.

>cornpopper

>last 3 things on my guild card are small crowns and getting cats to level 30
>taking cats with me crown hunting
>try sleep bombing the monsters
>cats run up and attack the monster waking it up while I'm setting bombs
Oh right, that's why I stopped using cats. They're literally worse than french randoms because at least the latter are using white fatalis weapons in g1 and do a bit of damage when they wake the monster up.

Meanwhile Shakas would actually set bombs on top of your bombs.

A lot less common than normal kut ku but not really rare no. Definitely one of the best earlygame monsters though, if not simply THE best.

MH4U

4U. It's good but flawed, which is what MH is, in spirit.
XX. is more refined but sterile, which is more B-Team's style of MH.

>cats die
>no carts used
>frenchie triple carts
>quest failed
Rien de personnel, gamin ...

>XX
>refined
>sterile
it is none of these things. P3rd is the closest to that. B-team does love removing features but they love adding a bunch of trash to replace them as well, p3rd being the only exception.

Well my bad, I was more referring to the number of QoL compared to 4U.

so what game do most people here play then?
figure if i'm going to get back into this i might as well bother you autists with my quests

At the moment XX with 4u in second place.

4u/xx

>Refined
>Massive steps backwards in UI, progression, and visual fidelity
>Ass-backwards cat and trader system
Ha!

Yeah, there was some important QoL changes added such as removing all jewels and the gathering changes, which world is fixing once and for all.

Probably XX

>trader system
What's wrong with the trader system? And how does 4u do it better?

By not requiring you to micromanage cats.

>micromanage
You mean just having 6 minimum cats so you can swap to the one right next to it?
Are you that much of a brainlet looking for things to complain about?

Not him bu all I know is that in 4u you don't need to set up cats and have to worry about diminishing returns based on enthusiasm level when you set up crops.

Who the fuck micromanages cats?
There's not enough effort put in to even call it micromanaging.

Instead 4u requires you to always hang onto one item to trade for more, doesn't sort your items into neat rows, and isn't generous with caravan points through normal hunts.

Now that's a flawed trading system.

>think "okay, maybe that was my fault for taking fighting cats"
>switch them to healing
>they do it again
behead all lynians

Yeah you're right, it's hardly worth the complaint because of how the game just throws cats at you.
Still a useless mechanic that made things more complicated for no reason.

You gained points from expeditions so it would encourage you to collect guild quests. The system was smart, guild quests were just fucking awful.

Fuck doing expeditions for points tho.
Why can't I earn a respectable amount of points in the main bulk of them game?

That's not a smart system at all.

Because then you wouldn't get the guild quests they want you to have and expeditions would have no purpose until endgame.
The problem here to me is they wanted GQs to be part of the main game then fucked it up. So, again, the system was smart but guild quests just sucked.

I have never run out of caravan points by trades alone and even after upgrading relics I still had points to farm shit with, are you fucking kidding me? The only thing I'll agree on is the neat rows however that still doesn't mitigate the extra layer of fluff that is using cats to farm. Also if you can't hang on to one item for trading you are literally retarded.

I don't know why 4u was so stingy with the caravan points. Another problem that makes the game feel like it was never tested properly.

An additional two button presses to switch cats is identical to the extra layer of fluff that is holding onto one item or creating the item so you can trade for more.

Are you spending time doing expeditions? Because the main game literally doesn't give you crumbs for caravan points once you start doing Hub.
You can't be self sufficient on hub alone.