/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found.
wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PSXploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-You can downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 with this. Works on all fat models and early slims, super slims aren't supported yet. Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/oybRtKu.jpg
-If you don't know shit about setting up http servers, try following these instructions: [Nov 14] IDPS dumper now works on 4.82 firmware. wololo.net/2017/11/15/ps3-idps-dumper-updated-support-ps3-firmware-4-82/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p-OvUJ4Te6M),
i.imgur.com/oybRtKu.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=DuTlm17lvmw
rebug.me/toggle-qa/
psxhax.com/threads/ferrox-ps3-custom-firmware-4-82-standard-v1-0-by-alexander.3075/
www98.zippyshare.com/v/mXccKbKa/file.html
store.brewology.com/get/homebrew.php?id=276&fid=1654
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder nds rom loading was not worth waiting for

eyy, faster than I could

Are Superslim fags basically guaranteed a Henkaku-type hack at this point? I need to know this as I will just sell this piece of shit Superslim otherwise and get a Slim 2xxx
pape for your troubles

>Installed Overflow

Sorry to be that retard, but how do I QA to Rebug?
All links I found are down, and some user said Overflow has errors while doing this.

don't expect more than a HEN

But what I mean is that will we get something that *even if it isn't permanent* will let us pirate games?

uninstall overflow, get ferrox instead. run toggle QA on ferrox, check QA toggle is enabled by entering button combo (see: youtube.com/watch?v=p-OvUJ4Te6M), after confirming QA toggle is working then install Rebug 4.81 rex

>4.82 happened
>3.61 never will

Can someone here please help me out:

I've followed the 3ds.guide (from the OP) to install CFW by using Soundhax, but it just won't work.

I've followed the guide perfectly and my FW 11.3 - N3DS XL's screen only flashed once (it went from red to green then froze).

I don't have Loz OoT,Flashcart nor Cube Ninja to install CFW

Is there any other way to install CFW ?

What is wrong with overflow? Why does everyone want to install rebug?

Thanks user. How do I uninstall Overflow? Does Ferrox comes with its own QA Toggle?

Rebug is more stable and has more features.

rebug cfw has the most features and is the most compatible with homebrew.

also overflow has issues downgrading with rebug

reinstall 4.82 OFW then do the exploit again. when you install CFW, install ferrox instead of overflow. QA toggle pkg is the same for all firmwares

So you don't technically need to switch from Overflow? It's just better to as Ferrox is more stable at downgrading?

How do i tell if my Vesperia has a clean trophy list thingy? Heard you need it to do a NG+

ferrox is more stable at downgrading and everyone should be using rebug at the endgame custom firmware.

If you can unlock trophies then your trophy file is clean.

so I got the success message and my ps3 shut itself down. but according to System info I'm still on 4.82. can I install CFW now anyway?

From the compatibility chart in the OP, i.imgur.com/oybRtKu.jpg

Where can I find this number?

Yes.

you install ferrox 4.82 then use that to toggle QA and then install rebug 4.81

There's a label/barcode on the back of the console where it should say it. If it's a Super Slim then don't bother looking.

Nobody ?

It's so weird, I've tried doing it over 30 times.

Bottom of the console if slim.

How do I install PKG from PSNDL? Do I need to put RAP files somewhere?

Responded you in previous thread.

Got it, 2003A
Guess I'll get started now.

Oh, it's a 64 gb, FAT 32 (it's actually a SD HX - exFAT, my N3DS XL wouldn't recognize it.

Then I followed this video's tutorial to turn it into a FAT32 and now my N3DS XL recognizes it, but Soundhax won't work.

>cfw for most recent ps3 ofw
>5.01 ps4 exploit soon

post your reaction when you almost bought a ps3/ps4 game

I'm scared. Should I update to 4.82 or stay in 4.81?

update to 4.82 before Sony releases 4.83 and fixes the exploit

This is the video I used to turn it into a FAT 32:

youtube.com/watch?v=DuTlm17lvmw

Can someone make a guide for brainlets

already in the last thread, learn to read.

This user made a good one. It worked perfectly for me. Just switch your theme to default and eject any dics to reduce the error chance

Multiman vesperia boots back to XMB. what do?

Thanks

OH GOD I'M SO FUCKING STUPID AND RETARDED. I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL THAT FUCKING EXPLOIT ON THE PS3 AND THE PS3 WAS FREEZING OVER AND OVER AGAIN DESPITE SHOWING THE SUCCESS MESSAGE. I'M SO FUCKING RETARDED I WAS USING THE WRONG USB STICK INSTEAD OF THE ACTUAL FAT32 ONE. JUST FUCKING KILL ME ALREADY.

Thankfully it finally worked as soon as I swapped the usb stick. Now how the fuck do I install the cfw?

That's normal. Check the game section of the XMB. You will see Vesperia as a disc or under PS3_Game folder

Hey, so I have an old 3ds that won't turn on anymore and the new one that I use. The problem is that I only played monster hunter generations on the old one, and it saves data to the SD.

Is there any way to dump save data with only access to the SD? Both are hacked if that matters.

Rebug 4.81.1 Rex or D-Rex?

>Using default theme
>No game in disc slot
>Cleared cookies
>Let PS3 do file check on start up
>Cleared history
>Default homepage is on blank
>USB in the right slot
>Like the 6th time I'm doing it and still no beep, just hangs on success

Rex. D-Rex will brick any non-debug PS3.

Okay. First, I suggest you to not follow video tutorials from YouTube. The guide in the op has everything you need, very well explained. And second, I suggest you to switch to the original 4GB SD card that came with your 3DS, for the hacking process.

see

Is your USB formatted correctly

Are there wiiu home menu themes yet

If I'm ultra paranoid should I sign out of the PSN first before any hacking? And presumably stay logged out.

Do I NEED a DS game to hack my 5.5.2 Wii U or can I get by with just a browser exploit or something?

Browser isn't the most stable but it's free so take it or leave it.

Where do I get this ferrox thing? I'm not that guy btw.

the y-cable should work fine. It's what I did for mine. The 500gb is better used on the wiiu because vita dosen't have that many good ones so the 64gb should be enough but wiiu has good games and it will have all the space for wii and gamecube as well. Wiiu would fill up super fast if you want to install the must have wiiu titles and classics from wii and gamecube at least.

I'm okay with that, but can I install permanent CFW using the browser?

Just to confirm. Does this file rebug.me/toggle-qa/ works on Ferrox? Don't want to brick my PS3 by using a not compatible fiel or something.

Very unstable and could die. Highly suggested to get the ds game but it does work enough for now.

>trophy
whats the earliest one?

psxhax.com/threads/ferrox-ps3-custom-firmware-4-82-standard-v1-0-by-alexander.3075/

I'm not going to downgrade. I'll stick with overflow.

You technically use the browser to install CFW, but that still requires a DS game. And Coldboot isn't recommened. Normal Haxchi is the best.

synthesis your first item and you unlock a trophy, or get the secret mission done for the first boss fight

I've been spoonfeeding for a while, can anyone tell me how you're supposed to use forwarders to play Wiiware on Wii U? I need to set up emunand on vWii to run them from the SD, right?

Just buy the game, it's worth it.

it's still recommended to switch to rebug to ensure all homebrew you get doesn't run into compatibility issues.

Why it doesn't turn on?

Where can I get a new local seed? Current /hbg/ one is dead.

Should I be getting games as ISOs or .pkg's for PS3?

Just to make sure I'm reading this imgur right: CECH-3001A on the bottom of the slim is NOT compatible?

not compatible. basically any PS3 made after 2010 are no bueno.

Last thread. Pastebin for 3ds isn't updated.

doesn't make a difference either way. jb folders are fine too.

Thanks. How do I install it though?

On how many tries Toggle QA works? I'm trying on Ferrox and it doesn't really do a thing, the button combination doesn't work. It worked pretty often on Overflow.

run the 4.82 exploit, once successful install the CFW from a USB. read the last thread

Well shit. Good thing I didn't start it. Guess I'm waiting for a bit longer.

Double sucks that I went out hunting for one of those 1TB PS4's and they were picked clean by the time I got there and I went there early morning, too. Fucking Black Friday.

nvm there are instructions on the page you sent me, I'm so stupid.

www98.zippyshare.com/v/mXccKbKa/file.html

Is there a retard proof way to hack my ps3?

If you had QA enabled before, it's still enabled on ferrox.

If you can't get the button combination to work exactly like in video then reboot your PS3 and try the toggle QA again.

Thanks!

by reading the last thread

only way to get it more retard proof is to pay someone to do it for you

120GB isn't enough for more than a few measly games right? How easy is it to switch drives after hacking? I can't afford a new drive right now.

Honestly I'm not sure. I originally used it a year ago or so to dsiware transfer to hack my new one and it worked then -- I even had it back on the initial setup before I closed it.

I have it plugged in and the power LED doesn't even come on.

depends on the games you want.

get a external HDD, once you format the drive it's just plug and play for CFW PS3. best buy was selling 1tb western digital external HDDs for a low price yesterday

No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work.

Okay yeah, I'm retarded. I switched USBs and it worked.

Honestly I'm probably going to be playing PS2 and PS1 games the most so I wasn't too fussed about it. Didn't think of using an external drive though, thanks.

>and then install rebug 4.81
The data is corrupted. (8002F169)
I'm using Ferrox 4.81 and used this store.brewology.com/get/homebrew.php?id=276&fid=1654 to toggle the QA flag.
hashes check out

use the toggle QA from here
rebug.me/toggle-qa/

your ps3 should beep after a black screen, if it doesn't then it's not working. reboot your ps3 and try again

>PS2 games
if it's not an original fat PS3 it's not worth it

and even then it probably isn't worth it because reliability

Just downloaded a PS3 game and it had PS3_GAME, PS3_UPDATE folders and PS3_DISC.SFB

What's the best way to transfer this shit to the PS3? I dragged the game folder to an USB but that shit is taking forever since it has tons of individual files, even though it's only a 2GB game

I did download from here and I keep rebooting after combination doesn't work. Weird how it worked almost instantly on Overflow.

you should be using ferrox 4.82 not 4.81, also ensure your USB is formatted correctly, plugged into the right side USB port, and the files are named correctly.

>tfw buying ps3 with cfw already installed is cheaper and easier than buying a stock ps3 compatible with the recent exploit
>my ps3 is a super slim piece of shit and even if i sell it to buy an already hacked ps3 i won't get more than 20 dollars for it
Well it's not like i was actually going to play some videogames on it.

like I said before if QA worked Overflow then you still have QA on Ferrox. are you sure you're doing the button combo on the network settings tab (L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+Dpad Down all held down at same time)

Probably easier to just buy the games at that stage.

That's what I'm doing. It worked fine in Overflow. Now that I'm trying to install REBUG, the file corrupted is displayed, thus I assume it's not working properly.

You could try installing from Recovery Menu OR use another firmware besides Ferrox. The most safest way to upgrade to 4.81 rebug is from 3.55 OFW or cfw.

So I did the exploit, the PS3 beeped and rebooted. Now I'm trying to install that Ferrox CFW and I keep getting data is corrupted. How do I fix this?