/dg/ - Destiny General

>>REMINDERLIVE EVENTSNEWSCLANS

Other urls found in this thread:

bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494
bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2128593
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2.

Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events. We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community.

Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system.

As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface. Over the course of the next week, we will be watching and reviewing XP game data to ensure that these changes meet our expectations, as well as yours. Any additional updates to this system will be communicated to you via our official channels.

Got better devils after my first match

>cayde caches on Io
>3 of the five of them are fucking empty

Why the fuck is this a thing

>TFW Big Daddy Shaxx gives you a 300 BD for your very first Crucible P.Engram

measures to ensure chest farming. if you loot too many chest too quickly you get nothing. if you space out the chests with a patrol and or public event between em you should be alright

its fucked

I guess the only problems with the game worth addressing are the ones that might land them in court.

Dual-wielding smgs and sidearms when?

>BUNGIE STATEMENT ABOUT XP:bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494
>After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to.

FUCKING CALLED IT
FUCKING CALLED IT

The whole point of getting these things is to get fucking gear. I shouldn't have to waste time inbetween them to fucking maximize profit. The fuck.

The game's casual enough for me to be able to dive in, do something, and leave. I don't have NEET free time; haven't had this shit in over a decade.

The fuck kind of logic/game-design is this

the hell else would you expect them to say?

>The fuck kind of logic/game-design is this
It's the kind of design you get from people that don't actually understand or play video games, which ironically is now the majority of the video game industry.

its shitty cause if youre not a retard who needs to unlock the matrix to problem solve getting to chests, youre basically guaranteed to miss out on loot. which sucks cause some factions weapons and exotic/legendary engrams are in the loot list

>measures to ensure chest farming. if you loot too many chest too quickly you get nothing. if you space out the chests with a patrol and or public event between em you should be alright
Nope, that doesn't affect cayde chests, his chests dropping nothing is a bug and not intended, and can even affect your first chest of the day, they confirmed this a couple updates back.

And they still haven't fixed this?

incase you guys dont know, collecting planet resources shares the lockout timer with chests, so be careful when you choose to pick those up.

ok I made it to 305 power
now what

Do it all again with another class

I've been looking for this post, thank you.

Where do I find the emissary of the nine?
What are Trials?

There's really no point in collecting the planet resources at all. They give half as much rep as a token, and you can only get one in what seems every five to ten minutes.

>implying it's not intended

They have not, Bungie has a really bad habbit of keeping everything but the most game breaking of bugs and shit affecting their economies, for pre-DLC patches. So this will probably be fixed when the huge curse of osiris patch drops, if not, then you're looking at spring 2018 when the DLC 2 drops.

>Better Devils + Scout Rifle healing rift warlock
Wonder how bad these people's rooms smell from all the tit sweat

probably not as bad as your ass sweat

Give me a call when you become a pro Crucible player you fat virgin

>getting mad over a video game
>calling others a virgin

>Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events.
That is such a retarded made up story.
Come on, it scales up when playing crucible? Crucible doesn't have random sources or quantities of experiences, EXP sources are finite, kills and challenges, and they're all using set amounts.
Either this is a made up scenario so they don't get in trouble, or its the truth and they're so fucking retarded that they should immediately get fired and never get a job again, anywhere.

Calling people sweaty means I'm mad? And you are a virgin right? Still, give me a call when you become a pro Crucible player. Your mom's wrong when she says playing video games 14 hours a day is bad, by the way.

They saw what happened to EA and they got put on notice. Especially because they don't want attention being out on engrams.

Why does hitch take so long to add people? It's been 2 days since I messaged him, fucking hell.

I can't get a single motherfucker in my fireteams to shoot the psions in the shadow realm. It's always one guy gets launched or a projection gets detonated. It's fucking insane how I can't find a single team that works.

No I think feeling the need to whine about those players and then getting defensive is indication enough that you're upset.

GET ON YOU MOTHERFUCKERS AND HIT THE FUCKING GRIND!!!!!

I just had a sneaking suspicion so I went and tested this out real quick.

This system they just turned off, this is the same one that limits the chest drops, I just picked up ten consecutive chests in less than 2 minutes and they all dropped a token.

GET TO GRINDING MOTHERFUCKERS.

Grind what, most planetary sets suck and I have everything I want.

People don't understand that they really shouldn't focus on the psion in front of them, and when nobody's on the same page you're gonna have a bad time. If you can't kill projections you're either out of ammo or brain dead.

>play IB
>Get the same shitty grenade launcher 4 times

Fuck this gay earth

TURN ON CNN

WHAT'S THE FASTEST WAY TO FARM NESSUSS?

Neat, it took me 61 engrams (1830 weapon parts) to get the Halfdan-D. The loot in this game is cancerous, they obviously weigh it so you get more dupes.

Doesn't help that legendary shards are currently worthless.

Well how many legendary weapons are in game? If you're going for 1 specific one I don't think your experience is unrealistic.

>Make this post.
>Go back to game.
>Pick up plnetary material.
>Get nothing.
>Go up to a chest.
>Get nothing.
>Go up to another chest.
>Get nothing.
>Shit, I guess I'll have to go back and tell everyone I made a mistak and not to do it.
>See another chest.
>Go get it.
>Get a token and a shader.
>Hmm...
>Get another chest
>Get a token and a shader.
>This continues for 7 more chests.
>Still doing it.

Okay so, don't pick up planetary materials, it seems picking one up still triggers the cooldown somehow. But chest cooldown is definitely gone.

so nothing changed?
you can't hit chest cooldown if you don't pick up materials

So my lock is 287 atm, I just finished the weekly strikes and nightfall. Why are the powerful gear and exotic engram's I'm getting below my light level? It doesn't make any sense. Ive been stuck at 287 for 2 weeks now. I understand that legendary engram's are always below your light level but I thought powerful and exotics are suppose to be above.

Nope, just got 3 empty chests in a row

>can use them to get a pvp ghost shell that doesnt have telemetry garbage on it
>this feature isnt available for planets/moons to get decent ghost modifiers, have to buy bright engrams for those

>so nothing changed?
>you can't hit chest cooldown if you don't pick up materials
That is a change it wasn't the case prior. Before you hit the chest cooldown after your third chest. We're talking about 20 chests in less than 2 minutes, this was not possible before.

Did you pick up any materials?

ADD ME TO THE FUCKING CLAN ALREADY HITCH

How come 70% of my gunsmith drops are blueshift and a single clap

Maybe he hasn't because you whine 5 times every thread

bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2128593

Because annoying dupes stand out and people exaggerate on the internet.

I've never exaggerated on the internet in my entire life, I am shocked and appalled that you would even accuse me of such a thing

Nope, its still throttled

I've asked about it twice this thread and that's it. Quit projecting user.

why do you write it here you falseflagging faggot

hm, I'm up to 80 tokens now and still not getting any cooldown. Maybe I'm in a bugged instance? I'm on Pyramideon area of Io, and I have been logged in since before they made that post saying its turned off.
That's really weird that its not working for you, I wanna know why the fuck its working for me.

I don't think you know what that word means.

still too much stop crying and wait like the other 500+ people did

I need a fireteam to do weekly nightfall strike on PC if anybody is free
Odyssey

Maybe I'm retarded but what is this insinuating?

>I've asked about it twice this thread and that's it
>62 total posts and almost 2 hours of this thread
are you going to whine once every hour so you can just leech of others work?

No, he used it properly.
He asked about it once, then you said its because he whines 5 times every thread. Since its not something that happened then you're drawing the scenario from somewhere else, considering you were specific on all the parts, location, time, and behavior, its highly likely the scenario actually came from your own personal experience, so he was right in accusing you on projecting, and considering you responded with an ad hominem of all things, you've basically all but straight out confirmed his assumption was correct.

Friendly reminder that Cute Girls [MALE] accepts everyone, you simply need to click the join clan button. The clan is open and there are no restrictions or quotas.

>tfw have 305 mida and mini tool
>tfw never use it in pvp
>tfw the only reason I keep it around is for the speed buff when running the gauntlet

IIRC it was a response to people claiming that no-one was left from the Halo days at bungie

nu-Bungie is a little more than half of what it used to be

Honestly, that's about what i'd expect. Halo was late 2001, it's hardly surprising people have moved on after 16 years.

yeah like Marty just “moved on” aka booted

So noticing that the same thing gets posted several times every thread and commenting on it actually means I'm the one posting it every thread? Flawless logic. Uh oh, another ad hominem.

don’t forget Staten mysteriously moved on as well after they butchered the fuck out of his work

>LXIV-V still doesn't have welfare Trials engram

Dead game, dead clan, dead general

Just got a Nezarec's Sin.
What weapon loadout should I run with it?

Most exotic weapon seems to have electric/fire element instread of void

>he can't get it himself

You can change elements through mods, my dude

void uriel's of course

Just put void mods on what you like you dumbass

Whats the best way to mod stormcaller for PvE and voidwalker for PvP?

pvp in this game is such a pain I can't be fucked to get a team for it

>So noticing that the same thing gets posted several times every thread and commenting on it actually means I'm the one posting it every thread? Flawless logic.
The real flawled logic is your explanation of your scenario. You didn't say "same thing gets posted several times" You said he "whines about it five times every thread" I don't know why you're deflecting and trying to lie about what happened when the posts are right there to show exactly what you said. Pointing out your behavior is not ad hominem, and you're the the one using a term wrongly now since what I said explained the curent situation, it did not attack your personal flaws for the sake of detracting from it, where as now you're using the term ad hominem as a "no u".
I should also point out that hitch is really bad at managing the clan and often forgets to check people contacting him about it, so people asking about it is a result of his action and not, as you said one person "whining 5 times every thread." A realization I'm sure you'd come to if you actually bothered consider cause and effect rather than projecting, then getting defensive and using ad hominem when said projecting is pointed out.

What's the consensus on the purchasing of the DLC? I loved Bungie from Halo CE days and all the way up to D1. But I never bought or really supported D1 except for when I played it for the first 3 months (mostly because I had no one to play with).

I have D2 and I like it. But I don't really know how to feel about buying the DLC with all the problems the game has; and how weirdly they're handling the whole thing. I feel bad because I feel like I should have supported D1 more and now I want to play D2 and support it but I just don't feel right exactly about buying the DLC because of how weird they're going about post release.

Looks like I triggered the little autist.

confirmed features:
>area half the size of titan
>so small they wont let you use sparrows
> MOST REWARDING PUBLIC EVENT EVER: two tokens and a blue edition
>fucking nothing

m-merciless is a gud wepon

>I have D2 and I like it.
If you want more, then buy and play it.
If everything else bothers you too much, don't buy it.

Make your own decisions instead of asking here what you should do.

Its okay little guy, there's nothing wrong with admitting the words I used are too big for you. You'll understand it once you grow a big boy brain :^)

Wait till it goes on sale in a month after the player count continues to drop.

Can't change exotic elements, friend.

People are saying based off of a recent podcast and evidence of all of the Osiris hints ingame that CoO was made by the dev team during the development of 2, live team wasn't involved at all and was "consulted".
So in all liklihood, CoO was just taken from the main game and being resold back to us.

Hard Light

this

you can't make Sunshot shoot Void damage
and you cant make COLDheart shoot FIRE.

>get copy of 288 gear
>decide to dismantle for fusion
>lose 5 points
FUCK

do you absolutely need to use an exotic?

Let me explain what a kind of joke is and how it was applied in the original situation. Sometimes people will do or say things that they find amusing at the expense of someone else. I know people complain about Hitch every thread. I know that user is complaining as well. Therefore I took the opportunity to poke fun and imply he is the one that has been doing it the entire time. To which that was labeled projecting. Which is incorrectly used. Then you want to throw the blanket "defensive" around. Then I intentionally misused ad hominem, again that abstract "joke" concept, because there's no real reason to dissect a single sentence containing a minor "attack" and throw around some psych 101 vocabulary.

In short, stop whining.

Sucks dick.

Looks like I triggered the little autist.

Whoa man what are you doing with that spicy ad hominem. I can't believe you would project your own insecurities on me and flaunt around your inferiority complex. Uh oh I'm projecting. But I'm not. Defensive!

>getting triggered this hard