/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Frogs in Russia edition

Previous thread: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/5127-development-preliminary-research-and-purchase-changes-for-ground-vehicles-rank-3-5-en
live.warthunder.com/post/508379/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember: warthunder.com/en/news/5127-development-preliminary-research-and-purchase-changes-for-ground-vehicles-rank-3-5-en

anime

It's a plane that outperforms the majority of 9.0s that Gaijin put at 8.0 because underwhelming armament((((

That and I imagine they're reserving the 9.0 slot for the G.91Y they might add some day

all of you will regret you went to germs tier 5 and not bongs or soviets
pic related is my germ tree, i fucking spit in my own face for not switching to bongs after getting to tier 4
Leo is the shittiest tier 5 out there (maybe japs are even shittier but who the fuck plays them)

Leo can be destroyed even by some vehicles in fucking tier 1, i'm not talking about it being germ bunker but being able to take a hit or two would be nice but you WILL ALWAYS get pen'd by fucking t-10ms, t54s, t44s etc, anything can and will kill you

typical

I can't have fun in Tier 4 Krauts.

Funny that some French soldiers got the Hero of the Soviet Union medal and some got the Knight's Cross

I'm at 4.7 brits, I seriously can't keep on with it(or at least until the research decrease). The firefly's stock accuracy is the definition of godawful, the Churchill Mk.VII has the worst penning AP rounds for the BR and the Avenger seems awful with bad armor on top of it.

>not playing Leopards in sim battles exclusively

bong tier 4 and 5 are arugably the best tier in the whole game, soviet heavy line comes close bu overall it's the bongs who rule

Really, it's a plane with engine performance comparable to the MiG-15, rollrate of a Sabre and turnrate of a Meteor. It's literally untouchable in 7.0-8.0 matches and it's miles better than any 9.0 that isn't a Sabre F/CL-13, a 15bis/17 or a Hunter. Apparently the 6 machine guns of the Sabre are fine at 9.0, but 4 is too bad.

Idk if I'm terrible or the RU-251 is that bad. I learned where the ammo racks on all the 6.7 Brit tanks are because they were hurting me the most, but even if I hit the giant racks placed in the front they just disintegrate and ever detonate. Did it used to be this way? Before the HEATFS nerf I wasn't high enough to encounter it, so I'm not sure.

I'd rather shoot for the soviets, just got enough for the T-44s new rp requirement, so I'll just wait around until it drops. Although I heard it's pretty awful, thankfully I won't need to sit on it for too long either.

>top tier German jets
>currently a superior version of the best American jet AND a copy of the best Russian jet
>sometime in the future they'll get the superior G.91 with 30mm cannons AND likely the swept wing F-84, probably even before America gets one
Why are naziboos allowed to have everyone else's best toys?

>in the future they'll get the superior G.91 with 30mm cannons AND likely the swept wing F-84, probably even before America gets one
just like when naziboos said they were going to get italian planes in their tree amirite

For the 20mm ShVAK, which: Tracers or Air Targets?

The G.91R with 30mm was only flown by Germany, why would Italy get one? Italy will get the Y variant which also has 30mm cannons but is more of a ground strike plane.

Tracers are a balanced belt which provides a bit of everything, so use those

Let's play armchair historians, /wtg/

How would the Korean War have played out had Britain not given Russia the Rolls Royce Nene engine?

Wouldn't Air Targets be better against planes?

mig 9 instead of mig 15, if Russia can't into modern jet engine they will into captured and reverse engineered nazi engines

this is pretty fucking tempting right now
should I ?

what shading settings you are using?

If you want it for grinding get the Narval

Then again the Narval is 30 real life good goy coins so dunno

Not quite. You see, you want your shells to deal good area damage for destroying control surfaces (HEFI), break wing spars (FI) and kill pilots through thick armor (AP). You want to see what happens when you use a belt without a balanced shell loadout? Look at all the naziboos that use 151+ air targets and complain about how shit their guns are

>crew training
>+3 vitality

Exactly the same because the Chinese ground forces had a ridiculous numerical superiority?

Ordnance still wasn't precise enough for the jets to make a difference. Allied bombers would have had a field day, but it wouldnt be enough.

>Ordnance still wasn't precise enough for the jets to make a difference.
Didn't the F-84 bomb the living shit out of everything

Yeah I'm talking JDAM through the window/hardened bunker type shit though

yes but as you can see I already have 1500 golden pigeons so it would only cost me an extra 3€ instead of 30 for the narval
also don't care about jet at all and don't even plan to research anything past tier 4

pic
( be aware you cannot see anything in night match tho )

How many aurum avum does the frog cost?

well afaik there was about 1 mln (south koreans, americans etc) vs 1.7 mln (chinks, north koreans etc) combatants so i dunno about that "ridiculous" part

the frog Yak cost I mean

What are you using for that hangar view?

live.warthunder.com/post/508379/en/

Why does the P-61s texture look like it's 20 years old?

Howdy partner. Please could you direct me to the nearest fuel depot?

Russians used to shoot lend-lease tanks because they didn't recognize them.

1700 Au Avians

i just got the decal. where is it in the decal menu?

Brits used to shoot allied tanks cause they're morons

>Americans unable to handle the shootybantz

so. i feel like jewing out a bit
so
>Italian p40
or
>French yak

Typhoons strafed and fired rockets at entire columns of Allied soldiers. kek

They strafed a column twice in one day.
They also shot down a transport carrying critical dive flaps for the P-38.

And they have the audacity to bitch about a handful dead from FF in the gulf war.

b29s would just firebomb everything without migs to intercept them

CAN'T HANDLE

yak

I'd retort with that fact there was a huge technological difference, but A-10s are pretty barebones as well.

They also sank a ship killing 3000 allies/prisoners of war which may be the largest case of friendly fire in history.

I'd argue that every German dead on the Western front was friendly fire.

they also critically damaged a polish submarine and then when the crew surfaced and surrendered they machine-gunned them all on the deck

Classic British humour, you yanks wouldn't get it.

Brits also started a war to "protect" "Poland" from Germany and then sold half of Europe to the soviet union, then they gave the soviets advanced jet engines.

Aussie m8

They also sank the entire french fleet with its sailors

WHERE IS THE COCKSUCKING DECAL I JUST UNLOCKED

When is the Vautour IIA getting a BR increase?

A bunch of BR changes were announced recently, and both Vautours are going up to 9.0. Sometime soon.

The French Navy deserved that. Fucking pussies

are tier III premium good to research tier IV

Yes.

Why is there a weird symbol next to this LaGG?

some of your loadouts have no ammo remaining

Out/low on ammo, you probably unticked the option to automatically replenish it.

Hey, any of you guys know why my Normandie-Nieman decal isnt showing up in any of the menus?

Just started playing this game.
It looks like one of those things I'm gonna have to sink hundreds of hours into to get anywhere.
How do people with jobs make time to get to the higher tiers?
Fun game regardless. Even when I lose I still have fun.

Are you the same damn person or something?

im only getting one (you) so i guess not

restart the game or play a battle or both

No, I'm only the first poster.

Third guy here.

im none of the posts you quoted

I'll let it slip this time, user.

Then please, take this (You)

do i get a (You) aswell?

no

Sure, why not

Damn, everybody's getting (You)s tonight.

mystery halftrack when?

>1v1 on Krymsk Air RB
>I'm in a fighter, only enemy left is a bomber so I pretty much have it in the bag
>Cruiser 1 shot AAA snipes me from almost 3km in the air

I want to scream

prototype railgun being tested for later installation into spitfires?

imagine how good the guy on the cruiser who nuked you felt though
so the overall happiness in the world went up

kys

Fill the air with enough bullets, and one eventually finds its mark.

>refilling the tank on my epic vape box mod while climbing to space in B17
>someone zooms up below me and blows me up

wow rude

Would it be better for me to grind tier V with a tier III? I'm so shit with my IV tanks that I think the -20% RP would actually be more efficient.

>killing a MiG-17 inna Komet in a straight duel

isn't it - 60%?

Guess who's buying a plane ticket to Moscow along with 5 gallons of gas and a wood axe?!

quack quack, quack quack, quaaaaaaack

Idk I thought it was -10% each tier.

>boner popped

some frogs go left some frogs go right

pretty~

brit tanks are notorious for having ammo racks that don't detonate

the me 163 was a mistake, i should have gotten the arado with 2 cannons

dumb wojak poster