/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #230

Has anyone found the derelict Javelin edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/account/copy/ptu
youtu.be/j-ZpTxWbi4k?t=1675
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

muh dick

And people will still claim it's a scam. At least when all of 3.0's gameplay mechanics and features come online they won't be able to call it a tech demo anymore though.

I dunno dude, if they are testing at 128 players internally and still aiming for even higher player counts I can see this becoming an important ship for orgs.

But to me it just looks like a gun boat. The turrets are mounted to the side so I guess it could do area denial, but it seems intended for space combat.

#
Yeah I think I'm gonna go for it. I think I just want to try it out. Maybe I'll get some fun out of it.

#
Yeah I watched some reviews and Everspace doesn't look that fun. Such a pity this genre is so dead.

#
Thanks for this user. I was actually interested in Rebel Galaxy and it's 75% off on steam so I'll get that as well, thanks.

So tell me. Is Star Citizen a scam? Will it be a No Man's Sky? Will it actually ever be at all?

TITAN ARMOR FUCKING WHEN

It is quickly coming out of scam territory, but it has a long way to go before it would even be considered half of what we've been promised. It's fucking gorgeous though.

no. no. yes.

It's really hard to say. It's going to be pretty as fuck, but as far as how deep they are going, the first layer down from 2.6 isn't that deep. It's the same as before basically, only you have to carry boxes sometimes.

Is the game gonna be full of pay2win people bullying people that didn't spend 10k $ on it though?

I literally used to know people that spent ridiculous amounts of money backing this game that are dead now.

Do you mean the massively stripped down version of 3.0 which Roberts said would probably hopefully be out by Christmas, last year?

I'm certain that the game WILL release some day, and it won't actually be a "scam", but it'll be vastly overhyped and features will be vastly overexagurated.

What they've shown so far is very impressive looking, but it's just that, impressive to look at.

With all the features they've promsied and the lack of any actual gameplay features still, and we barely get to see any progress on them whatsoever makes me think everything will just end up watered down in the end.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

the aquila sure is nice

>It is quickly coming out of scam territory,
I would agree, but that all hinges on the framerate being a bug they can work out pretty quick, or at least make measured and steady progress and not just forget about it and move on.
As long as they follow through and stop selling ships when UEC goes live, which it seems we will have a shark card model where you can't buy things directly, but you can buy as many card packs as you need to get the currency for whatever you want.
If they just sell the grind like GTA V, it won't be that bad.

It is more like pay2skipcontent. The most expensive ships are also the largest, but the largest ships are extremely demanding to run and often require extensive crews which have to be paid. Running a corvette or frigate will be like running a business, and it seems that it can very quickly get out of hand. The most pay2win there seems to be as of now is that some of the single seat fighters are simply objectively better than others, but they are considerably easier to obtain in game than something like an Idris. A lot of the capital class ships aren't even combat oriented, and thus it would be dubious to claim that they give another player an advantage in a fight.

tl;dr: we'll see

How would I know if I can take part in PTR? on the website it says download the 2.6.3 launcher

You have to go to your account and see if the public test universe is available, presuming you are a subscriber.
You have to get the launcher from the ptu website in the email, you also need your temporary password which they will send you in that email.

make sure you logged into your account and go here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/account/copy/ptu
if you get an error then you get to wait more. If it brings up the page than you are good to progress

AFAIK The only people participating in PTU right now are Evocati/Issue Council bug submitters, Concierge backers, and Subscribers.
Check your email for anything relating to the PTU.

They are on wave 2 now.

>presuming you are a subscriber
plenty of people in the ptu are not subscribers, quit dispensing fake news

It said access denied. I'm a gold ticket account.
Oh well. I guess I didn't lick enough boot.

>plenty of people in the ptu are not subscribers
Yeah. I've noticed.

Not my smoothest landing.

What the fuck is this engines suddenly turning off and your ship plummeting to the ground meme?

what the fuck is up with the constellation's center of mass, seriously

running out of fuel in gravity
or your engine turning off randomly

I barely flew at all, how can a connie have so little fuel?

its probably a bug, some people think if you exceed safe speed it shuts your engine off too

stalling?

Rumour has it that going too fast in-atmosphere cuts your engines, but I can't confirm this. I've been blasting around 1000+m/s and while you have zero handling, I haven't had engines cut out.

I wasn't going any faster than I had been before so it must be a bug. I just plumeted and couldn't do anything to get the engines back on.

Somehow the connie survived the fall and we bounced for a few thousand feet. When I tried to get out of the ship my body was flung into space freefalling forever. So that was something.

i haven't played 3 yet, but stalling can happen for loads of reasons and i'd guess too much demand is being put on the engines for some reason. falling like a rock is exactly what happens to fighter jets when their engines stall
if not that then almost certainly a bug

This landing was somewhat suboptimal. I think their fuel consumption ratios are a bit off. Earlier, just taking off from Olisar resulted in my maneuvering thruster fuel warning going off. And that was when I was lucky enough to get the warning at all.

how are the missions in 3.0? is it anything close to the demo they showed few year ago?

3.0 fags please take screenies of moons while in orbit, people keep bitching about shit looking bad

>that chromatic aberration on the horizon and on the hud making it difficult to read
I never understand why developers INSIST on using this effect for anything other than quick special effects. It does not make sense

Can you tell how the 3.0 is? Can you actually do anything but "explore" the empty desert?

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

it_looks_cool.wmv

But I agree, having a clear hud makes more sense.

it covers up blank pixels which appear on the horizon. space is rendered, then overlayed on the surface render, but it would seem they haven't yet properly set up blending between the two.

Looks like absolute garbo compared to 3.0.

What's the limit of crafting? I wanna be able to design my own armor and mechanical mounts.

Side question: Mechas? Giant ones like Megas.

Development of Star Citizen is taking so long that some guys will make a custom server with 3.0's assets and start to develop their own game.

Barbieing is the limit. and no.

>Barbieing
Define that
>and no
Why not?

swapping out individual components instead of entire sections
and no because ur a fucking weeb

Small scale things like the power loader are something Chris Roberts wants to put in, but giant mechas are... Definitely not.

So can you force it off? does that make horizons look all jagged?

I see the game's coming along slowly, when can I engage in some criminal activity?

Right the fuck now.

since like 2 years ago

I can steal other player's shit?

No one has anything to steal.

You've been able to do that for years.

yeah loot is in the game but interdiction isnt
3.0fags are too busy landing on planets to actually record any combat footage whatsoever so we have no clue at all how cargo works when you get blatted

Let me tell you a secret:
The framerate's too bad to make combat viable right now.

>people commenting on 30-60 fps but that's too low to do something we did with >15

It's 30-60 if you're one of the first people on a server.

They're stress testing the servers right now with a lot of players, and they VERY quickly fill up to 50+, so it gets laggy as shit real quick.

I watched a Constellation go from 50m to 2000m away from me in two frames. And he was not the exception.

i just haven't seen literally any combat footage, evocati, wave 1, or otherwise
the most shooting i've seen was an scleaks video of the sabre shooting whatever guns it has
getting a bit triggered

because people have been shooting at each other for ages and now there's 'content' to do aside from that you sperglord

With the advent of insurance claims and actually having to wait to replace ships you get blown up or otherwise lose I imagine people are getting more worried about combat even if you don't factor in how heinously awful it is to try to chase down someone warping around 500m at a time.

Well on PTU right now insurance is free (when it works).

This kills the design.

How many prisoners can this thing hold?

1 (one)

You don't like the Penis Pod?

I dig the hawk's design, actually. Not enough to buy one mind you, but enough to buy one in-game if they're cheap enough.

It looks like a pez dispenser for fuck's sake

More like a pezoner dispenser.

Whattya think? Corvette sized gunship?

either floating gun platform or poor man's screening vessel
maybe those are s2s guns and it's a small capship buster without torps

For months now I've been debating if it was worth CCUing from my BMM to the Carrack (when I assumed it would be $0). Now, is it even remotely worth it for $50? The BMM seems like such a better deal. It will also most likely be a more valuable ship in game.

Also, what are the chances of the BMM ever overtaking the Carrack in price? It's was $100 cheaper, then the same price, and now it's $50 cheaper. I'm just worried if I hold onto that $50 CCU and eventually the BMM's price will be higher than the Carrack's, the grey market value of that CCU will be practically worthless. I could always melt, but I prefer selling it for cash and would hate for melting to be my only option.

It was*

If you could have LTI on one of these ships, which would you choose guys?

>Carrack is $400 now.
>Price increase when it hasn't even started production yet.

They had an entire segment today about how it's entering greybox.

I was in first wave PTU, I'm a concierge but I also know concierge people that were not in the first wave. I submitted maybe like 5 bugs total over three years or w/e it's been, I played 2.6.0-3 alpha quite a lot, probably in excess of 100 hours. I'm also an OB and have participated in nearly every PTU stage I've had access to, I've been first wave like 90% of the time.

If I were to guess I'd say theres a point system of some sort that determines who gets into what waves. Stuff worth points is like:
>Bug reports.
>Current live version activity.
>Previous PTU activity (and conduct, causing >problems on the ptu where people are actually trying to bughunt is frowned upon)
>Some level of connectedness, I'm sure specific people get let it because of who they know.
>Concierge
>Being a sub for daddy chris.
>Being a streamer/youtuber/hype projector

>hasn't even started production

It started production in early October, Lando confirmed it in a Happy Hour stream back then. Also the Anvil ATV Special today showed off the work that has been done on it so far. It's whitebox complete and already has had some early greyboxing done.

youtu.be/j-ZpTxWbi4k?t=1675

oh I just woke up. still lame, price increases are supposed to come at entry into game not, "Oh we remembered this exists better bump its price"

This is incorrect. CIG has always stated from the get go that one of the reasons to back early was that ships would get more expensive over time. They're most likely to increase in price when flyable, but can increase at other times too.

This is not the first time CIG has increased the price of a ship that isn't flight ready. Nothing new.

It looks like RSI aborted Drake's baby.

>tfw the Nox can land and transition to gravlev flawlessly in arena commander, but if you try and land in PTU, it has a fucking fit and does a couple backflips before hopefully letting you drive

I have to assume that something in the physics engine is tied to game/server tick, because every time the game gets laggy, I get the most retarded physics bugs, but they never happen in singleplayer/offline

So, Elite Dangerous has had the highest price drop in history. I have an Oculus rift and a Saitek X-55 HOTAS, and around $40 in Steam cash. Could get ED: Commander's Edition and Pavlov VR, and still have a few bucks left over. Should I get it ED, or is it still not worth it? Would I have to pay more for Reliation/etc. ? I'm sure it's cool, but from what I've heard, it's just a grindy time sink with a cool space theme.

ED might be an entertaining gimmick in VR for a little while. The content won't keep you hooked unless you have autism.

I see. I wish they had a proper VR-enabled demo for ED so I could get the experience out of the way.

It's like Star Citizen without legs.

Get the Adder or skip it and go for the Viper MkIII?

just refund it. literally any game has a demo on steam if you want it to.

I've refunded two games recently already. I don't want to keep doing it so much that they accuse me of abusing the system and remove the capability to do it in the future.

is this that new sequel to Borderlands ive been hearing about

That scene is just begging for some spooky as fuck alien critter running around just barely visible in the dark.
They’ve talked about horror elements right? Because not having a xenomorph in a spoopy derelict would be a lost opportunity.