/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found.
wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PSXploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-You can downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 with this. Works on all fat models and early slims, super slims aren't supported yet. Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/oybRtKu.jpg (embed)
-If you don't know shit about setting up http servers, try following these instructions:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1Gs0qi_duV80_elzPkUiZc57r_UHlBy0D
maxconsole.com/threads/playstation-3-cfw-cobra-patch-to-play-burned-backup-game-discs.43821/
youtube.com/watch?v=p-OvUJ4Te6M
se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-ps3xploit.1687612/
psndl.net/packages
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I install Cobra 4.81?
I keep getting a "The data is corrupted (8002f169)" and don't know what to do.

Will try reinstalling Ferrox.
Fuck praying for the redtrainer thing to work.

Gonna try Persona 5 as my first game install.

Think I know how it works.

Ferrox CFW mirror for people having problems with MEGA.

drive.google.com/open?id=1Gs0qi_duV80_elzPkUiZc57r_UHlBy0D

Why does Webman bring up the browser and ask to close it when loading a game? Some kind of hacker fuckery I don't need to worry about?

don't mind me, just hacking my super slim ps3 and never releasing the exploit to anyone.

You don't need any fancy shit to play burned copies of pretty much every format the PS3 can read.

You can even play native PS3 games of a CD or a DVD (depending on the size, of course). Interesting!

maxconsole.com/threads/playstation-3-cfw-cobra-patch-to-play-burned-backup-game-discs.43821/

Already tested my PS1 and PS2 discs myself. No problems, whatsoever.

that's how the xmb manager works.

if you don't want the browser to come up, choose the game from the web client by typing your ps3 ip address in your pc web browser.

What format do PS1 games need to be in for multiman/webman? I've got some bin files and also img files.

PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Well duh, I installed Ferrox, it's obvious I know that. That's why I'm so puzzled.

I'm on 11.4 on my hacked 3ds what do I need to do so I can play games online?

Maybe someone can help me. I have followed every step for the PS3Xploit. I have gotten to the step where I need to click the WRITE TO NOR FLASH MEMORY button. I have tried this both using redthetrainer.com and an http server. Neither work. When I click the button nothing happens, no message or anything. I have cleared my ps3's cache and whatnot and I still can't get it to start. Is there some basic step I'm missing? Or do I just wait for 10 minutes and pray something happens?

only time it launches the browser for me is when changing settings. did you update your Webman?

It's safe to go online on Cobra till the next OFW update?

add bin and img files to PSXISO folder inside dev_hdd0 on ps3 internal HDD through FTP

Make sure online is disabled and QA toggle is on by using the input combo youtube.com/watch?v=p-OvUJ4Te6M

what's the easiest way to patch a cia file? i'm trying to get the fire emblem gay hack, and I can't use HANS.
I tried the NTRCFW way but the "game plugins" thing that's meant to show up, won't, so I want to just inject the edited files directly into a .cia.

(I'm willing to do this with a .3ds too, because those can be covnerted to .cia)

don't, you'll get banned. unless you have an NNID you dont care about on this 3ds

It's never completely safe to go online on CFW.

Have you checked your PS3 is actually hackable.

Fug I just wanted to trade pokemons

that was syscon research. besides what we have now for r/w is the exploit for the super slim hen.

Well since I installed Ferrox I installed the one in the guide, I have PSLight "Toggle QA Flag" but the combo doesn't seem to work.

Whats your PS3 model?

On the back?

Its a CECHL01 so it should hackable unless I'm reading the compatibility list wrong.

How do I install PS1 games via Filezilla/Webman?

Just installed Rebug now what?

Can confirm

same as mine

Last digits of my PS3 serial number are cechk01

Am I safe to update?

see

How do I play PS2 games on Rebug 4.81.2 slim PS3 250gb

Did you put the correct file on a USB stick and put it in the rightmost port?

Do BIN/CUE files work or is it solely BIN/IMG?

bin/cue/iso work

I would also like to know this.

Thanks.

I have just the flsh.hex file on my usb stick and it is in the right usb port. That is all correct, right?

Man, still nothing.
The combo didn't work so I ran the QA pkg like four times and tried installing Rebug anyways with the console without internet and still nothing.
I'm giving up.

Pretty sure if you run it again you're essentially uninstalling it.

I tried the combo after each time I ran it and nothing showed.

do I need the rebug toolbox?

For you to understand my situation.
I followed se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-ps3xploit.1687612/ flawlessly until the last step.
My System Information says "Version 4.82" but I guess I'm on CFW because I did install the QA pkg but the combos just doesn't work.
Don't tell me I have to run the redtrainer thing again...

reboot ps3, rub habbib toggle qa, ps3 will beep, try qa toggle combo at network settings

you should get it

>habbib toggle qa
I have both the Rebug Toggle QA and PSLight.
Neither beeps but they show a brief black screen.

I NEED TO SYNC MY TROPHIES WHAT DO

what's up /hbg/ i'm retarded, how do i know whether to use nor or nand

Habib didn't work for me, used the Overflow pkg one it comes with, perfect.

OP imgur link

Just tried running one PS2 game on my slim PS3 via webman. Boots perfectly, looks great, but then eventually all in-game controller inputs stop getting read besides Start. I guess this is an example of a PS2 compatibility/emulation issue?

Would I get much of a differing result if I tried that PS2 Classics method? Not too fussed though, still got a working PS2.

Doesn't Overflow brick consoles?
Can I just install Overflow over Ferrox or do I have to go back to OFW 4.82 first?

>Install Rebug Toolbox through the Package Manager
>run it
>enable Webman Mod and COBRA mode
>make sure PS2 emulation is set to COBRA MODE
>download an .iso of your choice
>transfer it over to dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
>go to Webman Mod in the XMB
>refresh the XML List
>reboot
>select the PS2 game you downloaded as it should appear now
>play the game

So just to be absolute clear, I can just ignore those letters under the phat column and use NOR since my PS3 is 20xx, even if there's an A at the end of that?

Think I worked it out.

Give me a mo

Thank you, my man.

What game?

Thanks my dude.

Downloaded multiman thinking it would do that lol

Worked fine for me, I'm back on 4.81 rebug now.
Need OFW to do the install, did you try the Habib QA toggle Standalone posted last thread? Supposedly that worked for some people

Should be right

Well, I'll just do it. What's the worse that could happen?

Stupid question, should my System Information SAY Ferrox or something?
Because even thou I "installed" it and was able to install the QA things, updating from internet says I'm already on the latest FW.
Maybe I have to install the OFW 4.82 from the usb?

Tales of Destiny Director's Cut. iirc it's got issues running on PCSX2, so I'm not surprised it has issues on PS3 as well.

Yo does someone have a guide for converting pkg to folders so that I can run it off external?

Also how do put Nier on external

If your pokemons are legal pokemons, you might get away with it.

It doesn't.
Also, my mistake, Dont update via internet, always usb. Forget people are new at this.
If you get the menu from qa toggle you don't need to bother with this, its only if you aren't getting the menu

I'm not getting it.
As I've posted a lot of times, I can install that thing but the combo doesn't work.
Have tried pressing each button individually, at the same time and after each time I ran the QA thing just to make sure.

Anyways, I was able to install Overflow just like that, will try luck again getting the menu and installing 3.55 now

To anyone trying to figure out how to properly set up ps3 cfw I would highly recommend the wiki on r/ps3homebrew

You dont need to go to 3.55, what are you doing.
All you need is to install Ferrox or overflow, get the QA working, and then go to rebug of 4.81, thats it, your golden. No other steps needed.

funny enough Tales of the Abyss has the same problem on PS3. the game works fine until you reach choral castle where all the controls lock up. the only way to bypass this is to load a save that's pass that point in the game.

What do I need to do to use psndl.net/packages

Except it doesn't.
I've tried on both Ferrox and Overflow and the combo doesn't work.
I don't even know if there's an specific order or something.
I can't even install rebug just like that. I'm freaking out

I'm a complete fucking brainlet when it comes to ps3 hacking

>psndl.net/packages
If it needs to check the license [rap files], you need reActPSN to apply these files...
Otherwise in the game menu on the ps3 just look for package installer

Get Overflow. There are currently 3 different qa pks, try them all.
There's Habib
QA Toggle
And the one that comes with Overflow, which can be installed from the hard drive.

One will work, just be cool

To be fair PS3 cfw documentation is kind of garbage.
Bits and pieces of information are scattered around all over the place so it can be kind of a challenge to get the full picture

Is my console supposed to beep when running each of the QA things?
Because it doesn't. Just goes to black for some seconds.

I have a slim upgraded from 3.55

Can anyone confirm if urban reign ps2 iso runs ok without graphic glitches?

Ooh thanks for pointing that out
I was worried that hacking my Ps3 was gonna be a mess with all the unorganized information everywhere

Can I play Persona 4 using cobra ps2?

NVM, finally got the menu with the one that came with overflow.

What I'm supposed to set now?
There's lots of options.

So for modding my wii it suggests using a non SDHC sd card. How much does that really matter? It's left very vague and ominous.

4xxx when??

say I want to play P5 with Jap audio Is there a better alternative?

Yes, it should run fine.

>Rehack a PS3 that was idiotically upgraded to OFW in the past
>Turns out it's QA Flagged
>Edy Viewer is in Japanese

No one fucking prepared me for this what the fuck do I have to do to make it display a normal language?

Is there anything that lets me to download PS3 pkgs directly on the PS3?

Where are you finding the one for Overflow?

How do I get rid of /app_home/PS3_GAME/ on the PS3 home menu?

As far as I know you can't.

I recently installed b9s onto my O3DS and when I try to open my friends list, it just doesn't load. I heard a way to fix it was to leave it on that screen for about 20 minutes, but I've left it on for about an hour and nothing has happened. Are there any other solutions?

5 hours

I'm a dipshit, I got it confused with the debug settings

FUCKING SHIT

>Installed Overflow
>struggled for an hour to activate the QA flags
>finally activated them
>went to install Rebug 4.81
>"The data is corrupted"

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT

You want to be hardcore but your internet being enable isn't letting you

5 hours

Well that's annoying. Thanks anyway.

Just used the exploit page and my PS3 just beeped and shut down, turned it back on and everything's good. What now?

Christmas

If you didn't let it see what was corrupted you're good otherwise start over

Oh, I just had to restart the PS3 after enabling the flags.
Everything is cool now.
Gonna download some ga-
"LIMIT QUOTA REACHED"

FUCKING SHIT

So is the only way of playing PS2 games on a PS3 is to have to reinstall them every time you wanna play?