/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Fish love Edition

>Indivisible News
Backer Preview is finally out!
indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/13/backer-preview-released/
Speed run and completion contest is currently underway until December 15th
indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/13/backer-preview-speed-run-contest-information/
New Kampan animations and gameplay
indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/02/kampan-gameplay-animations/

Indivisible backers, if you need to update your mailing info or anything else please do so on BackerKit
labzerogames.com/important-notice-for-all-backers/

>Skullgirls News
The LRG physical copies have been shipped!
twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/924000794482896896

Valentine Origin story and playable Double are out on mobile
twitter.com/sgmobile/status/925120265310400518

>News Outlets
twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Skullgirls Beginner Stuff
skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
>Public Skullgirls (NOT /lzg/'s) Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums
skullheart.com
forum.skullgirlsmobile.com

Prev thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/porigoshi/status/932992015406481413
twitter.com/Weiss_lok/status/934038443721555970
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66035634
malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/167863652796/filia-and-squigly-butt-bullying-the-viewer-while
malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/167861727801/could-i-get-valentine-double-penetration
malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/165943933511/does-filia-spit-or-swallow-and-blowjob-or-titjob
joannawentbananas.tumblr.com/post/167863208726/dont-lose-your-head-over-this
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66032588
youtube.com/watch?v=Oel-rSGF1Bs
stream.me/skullgirlseurope
nob1109.tumblr.com/post/167874426049/annie
twitter.com/Suitti765/status/934421795041447937
exhentai.org/g/1136259/5326dcd96b/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what did the latest backer preview patch actually change?

it's a mystery
no patch anywhere

LET'S START SOME SHIT OFF WITH SOME MOTHERFUCKING DISCUSSION.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU ALREADY POSTED YOUR OPINIONS ON THE BETA, BUT I WANT YOU TO MOTHERFUCKING TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT.
DID YOU LOVE IT? DID YOU HATE IT? NOW THAT YOU'VE GOT A TASTE OF INDIVISIBLE WHAT ARE YOUR HOPES FOR THE FULL GAME? ANY IMPROVEMENTS YOU HOPE THEY MAKE? WHICH CHARACTERS ARE YOU EXCITED TO PLAY IN THE FUTURE?

ALSO, SKULLGIRLS. HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING IT? WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON? ARE YOU GETTING ROLLED ONLINE OR ARE YOU KICKING SCRUBS FACES IN WITH YOUR SICK-ASS COMBOS AND RESETS? WHAT'S YOUR TEAM? WHAT WERE SOME OF THE HARDEST THINGS FOR YOU TO LEARN?

It better get better optimization because it runs like shit on my toaster while the prototype ran flawlessly.

Large improvement over the prototype. Makes me very excited for the real deal.

adding to this.
MOTHERFUCKERS I BETTER HAVE AT LEAST FIFTY FUCKING REPLIES TO THIS POST BY THE TIME THIS THREAD DIES. LAST THREAD HAD AN IP COUNT OF 99, MOST OF OUR THREADS HIT AROUND 70 UNIQUE IPS.

70. THAT'S SEVENTY PEOPLE WHO BETTER BE DISCUSSING THIS FUCKING GAMES TO SOME DEGREE.

It makes me very optimistic for the final build. I have a bit of a concern over how strong Honey and Ginseng's healing is so I hope they nerf it down a bit just so its not too easy to breeze through the game.
I was also pretty surprised at how much I liked using Qadira too. Looking forward to how her defensive mechanics will feel and she may end up as a back up to whatever my main team ends up being

>Honey and Ginseng's healing is so I hope they nerf it down a bit just so its not too easy to breeze through the game.
I'm sure that's merely a case of them wanting the player to finish the beta and not give up because it was too, too hard.
That sort of thing could easily be patched, though

As someone who wasn't able to play the beta, anyone wanna give me a quick rundown of how all the characters are mechanically? Like what specific role they are in RPG terms.

what are your specs?

Has there been any open statements on how successful the mobile game has been?

Most of them are hard to pin down to a traditional RPG Class.

Ajna: Can't take her off your party, but she's versatile (or at least she will be, getting up to 5 Weapons over the course of the full game that she'll be able to switch between mid-combat.)

Dhar: Down Attack gives him a Charge that makes his other 2 Attacks stronger and makes their Hitbox bigger, he can store multiple Charges.

Ginseng & Honey: Definitely a Healer, her Up Attack is a Heal that gets stronger the more she used her Neutral Attack beforehand. Currently her Level 1 just makes her Down Attack and Level 2 stronger, but in the full game the items she scavenges will have different effects.

Qadira: Probably the least finished character, you can press her Attacks again to do free follow-ups, but I don't really see a reason why you wouldn't. In the full game she'll be able to do stuff like intercept enemy attacks meant for other party members, and maybe be able to block Spells (purple attacks, like the tree guy has.) So Tank I guess.

Zebei: You could call him a Ranger; his Attacks recharge the fastest, but are relatively weak, good for Juggling.

Tungar: His attacks have big Hitboxes, especially his Up Attack and Level 3.

Razmi: I'd say Mage, her Neutral Attack tracks enemies and knocks them downward, making it great for Juggling, Up Attack is a good AoE, and Down Attack Slows enemies, making their own Attack gauges recharge slower. Level 1 is a Heal (not as good as Ginseng's of course,) Level 2 is a big fireball that leaves explosions behind it, Level 3 is a pillar of flame that can hit both going up and crashing down, so if you use her Down Attack first to put her close to the target it can do massive damage.

I've put 14 hours into the Prototype, so far 8 into the Beta, I love it so, so much. I hate most RPGs but this one is so goddamn fun.

Definitely would like to see more of the mechanics they mentioned, how the Level system will actually work, Ringsels, etc. Also several characters don't have all their mechanics/Supers yet.

As for Skullgirls, I play it from time to time, my team is Valentine/Beowulf. Yeah I still get obliterated by people who know 10 different Resets, at least I learned to never, EVER Burst; 9/10 times it's a Bait, and if it's not they'll just get scared and drop on purpose.

>tfw never need to worry about obvious incoming burst bait because I'm to slow to react to being able to immediately burst.

cool thanks. I wonder what direction they'll go for the rest of the cast.

They've got a Blog on their website that I'm getting these rough frame gifs from, that tells what each character will do.

Phoebe here is strong enough to shoot Spears like Arrows, and can also do a flying Back Breaker.

I suppose Phoebe will be more like a high HP, high attack, but slow character?
Are character speeds even a factor in this game? I don't recall in any of the gameplay footage I've seen there to be any kind of speed based attacking order for characters.

Only speed in the game is action recharge time.

I guess that'll be interest. Seems like battles would be pretty-frontloaded if/when you can presumably open up with everyone attacking

If you get a First Attack, everybody immediately has all of their Attacks.

What's more, the Enemies won't have spread out into a formation yet, so it's possible to destroy them all before they even get a chance.

so will there ever be an incentive to not immediately nuke the enemies? Or is it simply not that type of game for combat sequence to not be short if you know what you're doing/against basic monsters.

I've been playing a lot of sf4, but I try to hop on SG and play a few sets every now and then. with resurrection only a few days away I'll probably start playing more soon, just waiting for some new stick parts to get in

How often do you feel you need to play SG before your skills start to decay?
For me, I start to lose muscle memory and stuff pretty quickly if I'm not playing regularly.

It's gotten better now that I've played my team for like 600 hours

If I don't play fighting games at all for a week or two then I'm incompetent with my stick for a little bit. If I just don't play SG for a week or two but I've played other fighting games it usually just takes like 10 mins in training mode practicing movement and confirms, then like 2 games against a live opponent to feel 95%

They'll be able to Block and maybe even Counter in the full game.

rad

Anybody have tricks for timing the punish on cilia slide into monster on block? I'm really bad at timing the button and I feel like a real idiot every time I get hit pressing a button there when I could just block it and guarantee my safety

>I've played my team for like 600 hours
Oh damn. I'm still quite a ways off from even that total amount of play time. Usually I have to spend a fair amount of time in training to even feel confident to play against the CPU in arcade mode, let alone online.

Ahhhh yea as you play them more you'll beat the muscle memory you need into yourself so hard that it'll be like riding a bike

ANyone see any crazy times for the preview yet?
What's the current record, Havik notwithstanding?

do you mean when you're blocking or when you get blocked?

I like the beta and I hope thorani is in the full game

They've done streams making frames of her, she's safe.

I'm still waiting for Toko.

Cant wait to see her new design.

what functions will she have?

I'm sure mike will improve performance over time, like with SG, but there's no way the full game is going to run on the same minimum specs as the prototype/SG. the preview is doing a lot more stuff with the graphics than before.

the new ui might be abit too small

lol the names are wrong on this webm

yeah they need to tweak the size ratio a bit, but I think it's overall a good direction.

now after playing , I can definitely see why they abandoned the prototype UI. the battles move a lot faster so you don't have the time to glance back to a corner to look at atb bars like before.
once enemies start defending it'll be even more important to keep your eyes directly on the action too.

might regret making this webm
this could be used for great evil

twitter.com/porigoshi/status/932992015406481413

you won't be able to punish it if you pushblock the cilia slide

which sg looks best in a maid costume

twitter.com/Weiss_lok/status/934038443721555970

does anybody have the skullgirls character cards for AA2?

first you need these eye and highlight textures, are they still on the database?

thanks, but I remember a pic where it shows all of the characters and a link to download

filia

yeah that one thanks user

malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/167863652796/filia-and-squigly-butt-bullying-the-viewer-while

malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/167861727801/could-i-get-valentine-double-penetration

malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/165943933511/does-filia-spit-or-swallow-and-blowjob-or-titjob

joannawentbananas.tumblr.com/post/167863208726/dont-lose-your-head-over-this

marie, clearly.

So what sort of storylines are you hoping for in Indivisible? How do you think the characters will be handled, what about the villains?

I hope the story will be good and memorable

do we know if alex is going to be largely the one behind the story, like he was in skullgirls?

haha gross

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66032588

That stuff goes to /aco/

wouldn't be the first time peacock was on the receiving end of double penetration.

what's on your mind?

WILL THE CURSE EVER END

Which sg is the most fertile

Filia probably. Young and fat.

Played a lot of SFV but I've been learning a lil bit of Parasoul and Double, discovering that charge is hard and barrel loops are hard
Getting rocked online still but having fun
I don't have that much skill to speak of but I think I can mantain my regular skill level even after not playing for a month if I just hop in training mode for a bit. SG is pretty lenient about stuff so it's not hard

youtube.com/watch?v=Oel-rSGF1Bs

stream.me/skullgirlseurope
Skullbats EU on in 15 minutes

It's a collaborative effort. As far as roles, Mariel is also head of story, so she's the one signing off on everything the team decides.

I do believe they also hired some writers, but I'm not sure on any names.

nice

ty user. altho I won't get to watch very much

Pretty fun moments on this one
Oh neat

nob1109.tumblr.com/post/167874426049/annie

What is the point of Parasoul?

poor Valentine. She got mayo all over her

Government faction
She's cool

eh

twitter.com/Suitti765/status/934421795041447937

exhentai.org/g/1136259/5326dcd96b/

>I do believe they also hired some writers
that's interesting. They must have some cool ideas in-store if they felt the need to hire additional writing staff.

I just want to know what kind of song they use for the anime op

what did he tell Mike?

location of gold probably.

Maybe they'll go all in for a sung song like they did with Skullgirls's credits.